• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, who's going to be the second for our Cannibal killer?

Reactions:
It must be a Blue, and only one of us have Army experience...
I fully endorse the proposal to have Mandromenos as Colombo's second. Preferably so he can give a "Lanisters send their regards" hug.

I originally meant to ask about the second for the one who will be killing Colombo though.

Last edited:
Yep, I was going to ask Mandromenos to be my second for maximum chaos.

Imagine if I win but Mandromenos stabs me, that would be excellent! (Well not good for my character, but good for the AAR)

BTW @CzokletMuss Will we be able to have last words if we get fatal wounds?

Imagine if I win but Mandromenos stabs me, that would be excellent! (Well not good for my character, but good for the AAR)

Good, good, my plan is coming together...

Just remember, maximum dishonor!

If Nikephoros knew he would be really conflicted on who to cheer for now :D

Looks like we'll be having some gladiator games quality entertainment during our feast!

Due to the situation in Egypt, Senator Banoub ibn Mahdi of the House Rashid DOES NOT ATTEND the banquet.

"Due to being a goddamn filthy coward" FTFY

(I kid, I kid)

Depends on the circumstances - if you duel with, say, iron maces and you get a fatal blow to your face you may not be able to say anything.

Also @Enlil, @Blogman66 - pls confirm whether your characters attend to the banquet.

Last edited:
Reactions:
DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #28

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces:​

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Samuele of the noble House Este-Ravenna (played by: Undead Martyr)
who takes place of the retiring:
  • senator Alexios of the noble House Este-Ravenna (played by: Undead Martyr)

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #28

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces:​

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Samuele of the noble House Este-Ravenna (played by: Undead Martyr)
who takes place of the retiring:
  • senator Alexios of the noble House Este-Ravenna (played by: Undead Martyr)

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Neat, time to kill some Senators at the banquet, I suppose?

The banquet will start on 20 January.

BTW if someone is interested, here are some of my notes:
HOUSE KOMNENOS
  1. Manuel Komnenos – head of the House, Megas Logothetes, father of basilissa Zoe, brother of Isaakios Komnenos;
  2. Zoe Komnenos – basilissa, daughter of Manuel, niece of Isaakios Komnenos;
  3. Isaakios Komnenos – President of the Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia, archon of Sinope, brother of Manuel;
  4. Romanos Komnenos – patriarch of Antiocheia
HOUSE DALASSENOS
  1. Nikephoros Dalassenos – head of the House, Megas Domestikos, archon of Nikea brother of Niketas;
  2. Niketas Dalassenos – deceased, was an Ecumenical Patriarch;
It's not the promised separate update (currently I'm finishing next part of the Council in Ravenna) which will come later but you may find it interesting.

Reactions:
I find it interesting but my real concern on the subject is, what are we supporting by supporting one of this families? At least in theory, I respect that you hide from us real intentions but we have no idea at all about if they are pro-Imperator or not, if they want a republic or change the royal family or what, their position with regards to religion turmoil...?

It will become much more clear during the Council and the accompanying events (like the banquet).

The Komnenos are really terribly powerful. The Dalassenos don't seem to be in the same league at all. Is the difference between their respective wealth as great as their difference in political power?

The Komnenos are really terribly powerful. The Dalassenos don't seem to be in the same league at all. Is the difference between their respective wealth as great as their difference in political power?
More on that in the update; keep in mind that this is only a tiny bit of information regarding them.

Speaking of which - I'm writing the next part of the Council and I have to admit that it keeps growing :( Which makes it necessary to change my schedule, seeing how I would not be able to make it without doing huge cuts harmful to the quality of the story I'm telling. And since this is a Council dedicated to Angelodoulism some of the theologicial issues simply cannot be skipped because addresing them is the whole point. Which means I have to spend some time on reading about them (for instance today I was reading about natural law in works of Aquinas), which slows down everything.

So far my plan for this week was:
  • MONDAY - part 1 of the Council
  • WEDNESDAY - the banquet starts and lasts until saturday
  • SUNDAY - part 2 of the Council
  • MONDAY - the <special thing> starts
But seeing how much time it takes (that theology though) I think it would be better to do it like this:
  • MONDAY - Blue Meeting starts
  • THURSDAY - special update on dynatoi Houses?
  • WEEKEND - part 1 of the Council, the banquet starts
It's not really what I wanted but I don't see how I can do this otherwise, so if @luciusmalfoy012 is okay with that we can start Blue meeting in an hour or so.

Last edited:
Reactions:
+1 on the Blue meeting. Giving us time to have IC interaction allows a distraction from the delays in the next chapter(s). But that special thing... ominous!

Reactions: