• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Alexios Este-Ravenna:

He ponders the words of Senator Aurelius. "A wise position indeed, senator. Are we to attend the Komnenoi meeting then? After the reception I received on the last such occasion I am unwilling to return to their company, hat in hand like a beaten cur. Nonetheless I can only speak for myself; and if the rest of the faction is set on attending the meeting then you have my acquiescence." He considers his next words carefully. "I cannot propose to lead this faction in absentia. Furthermore, to the vexation of my family, my son and successor has been inclined towards the White Demes, both by his... character and by the Synod's presence. Under such circumstances and given the demands of the Synod upon my family my conscience demands I resign from leadership of the Red Demes."

{{Speaking of dual character interactions - @CzokletMuss, I hope seconds do not actually take part in fighting? This nags me, 'cause it's not unheard of and rules mention parties and four characters, as well as witnesses.

Also, I'm starting to sound like broken record.:(}}

Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)

to Wedrovander:

"Congragulations friend, and if God wills it I will hope to visit your growing family soon. If not, then I wish you the best of fortunes."

*His wine enabled mirth falls away for a moment as he looks rather stoic*

"The pieces are moving. I will soon go to meet my destiny in Cherson soon. If these days in Ravenna are indeed to be the last time I see you, then we shall have to make the most out of it. I'm sure there are plenty of places we can eat and discuss plans for the future after..." he trails off and takes a heavy swing of wine.

"But for now, my duties to the Demes demand my presence with Este-Ravenna, so long as he is in our Demes I owe him that much."

*After arranging for the two to feast together elsewhere in Ravenna later, Leon returns inside and returns to his spot at a table and asks Scipion *

"What did I miss?"

FACTION MEETING - CLOSING

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces that

THE MEETING OF THE RED DEMES HAS ENDED

Noble senator Alexios of the House Este-Ravenna has resigned from the position of the Red Speaker.
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
And now what? Dynatoi Info Dump? Blue Meeting? The Red Wedding Banquet? The White Schism? Death to the Unaffiliated?

Chaos, chaos everywhere.

If the Komnenoi kill all their guests Walder Frey style I will be absolutely certain to make a giant, mocking monument to my prescience. "The fools thought they could trust a Dynatoi at dinner" shall be your epitaphs!

And of course Flavius is just over here like...
f2242743b97f61442b2a80c824e4dc0474bcafacbe2e377599689cdd5338c999.jpg

If we ever get really bored in the senate, death to the unaffiliated would be passing the time quite nicely, I think :D

On the other hand: The reds still splintered, their leader resigned. The blues as a shadow of their former self.
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen for the best demes...

Reactions:
If we ever get really bored in the senate, death to the unaffiliated would be passing the time quite nicely, I think :D

On the other hand: The reds still splintered, their leader resigned. The blues as a shadow of their former self.
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen for the best demes...

We will see about the Blues my friend, we will see

*Runs out of the room cackling madly*

And now what? Dynatoi Info Dump? Blue Meeting? The Red Wedding Banquet? The White Schism? Death to the Unaffiliated?
Now I would like all senators who are in Ravenna to declare whether they are attending the banquet or not (something like: "Senator X of the House Y ATTENDS/DOES NOT ATTEND the banquet."), today preferably so that we can start the banquet tomorrow IRL.

Also in case someone missed this - all senators are invited. This includes Reds, Whites, Blues and (sigh) Neutrals as well.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Marcus Aurelius of the House Scipion ATTENDS the banquet.

Senator Lazaros II of the House Melissenos ATTENDS the banquet.

Sebator Absalon Hvide of the House Hvide ATTENDS the banquet.

Senator Nikephoros II of the House Salamis ATTENDS the banquet.

Senator Belissarios of House Leonidos ATTENDS the banquet.

Sigh... I'm signing my own death warrant here.

Senator Alexius of the House Colombo ATTENDS the banquet.

Reactions: