• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)

*takes a second bottle of wine*

"I don't see any reason for a fight in our own faction at this dark hour. The Reds are the only sane faction left, the only faction that hasn't become corrupt witht he lust for money and power that the Blues have infected the Whites with. We can't fight among ourselves while the real enemies of the Imperium gather to discuss investments and conspiracies to profit off of the ruin of the Imperium!"

*He takes a heavy swig of wine*

Alexios Este-Ravenna (Red Demes)

"Indeed, Senator Taurinus, the power of our faction united is not even one tenth of a Dynatoi family, to divide the Reds even further is folly. Which is why we must decide upon a course of action and speak decisively and unanimously."

He pours himself wine and drinks.

"The Angelina's beliefs clearly contradict church canon. I am not a man of the cloth but logically there can be no verdict but a charge of heresy, the hesitation is only that of her name and the size of her followings as I do not doubt the Emperor has considered such matters with far greater effort and awareness than we. The question, to me, is this: under what terms could the heretics be reconciled with the Church, with minimal disruption to the spiritual or material wellbeing of the Imperium? The Church is a large organization, but it is not immune to changing its form as a man changes clothes... perhaps if certain, ah,
concessions, were to be made, in matters of local church administration or taxation?"

{{Just got caught up reading. Thrilling stuff. Prior commitments prevent me from participating unfortunatly. Have fun all}}

{{Will there be other events besides the banquet? Events that unaffiliateds can attend? Just wondering before I abandon my neutrality join a faction.}}

{{Will there be other events besides the banquet? Events that unaffiliateds can attend? Just wondering before I abandon my neutrality join a faction.}}

{{I hope so

So we have:
-Opening
-White Meeting
-Red Meeting
-Blue Meeting
-Komnenos Banquet
-???
-Burn the Witch!
-Revolt

Anything I miss?}}

{{I hope so

So we have:
-Opening
-White Meeting
-Red Meeting
-Blue Meeting
-Komnenos Banquet
-???
-Burn the Witch!
-Revolt

Anything I miss?}}
{{The part where everybody attending the banquet dies, allowing the unaffiliateds to take over the Senate!}}

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Red Demes):
*Nikephoros enters the mansion, leaving his guards and arms outside. He's wearing an army officer's uniform*
Fellow Reds. It is good to see you.
*He observes the meeting for a while, drinking wine slowly*
Speaker Este-Ravenna. I will never accept the dynatoi splitting our faction, alienating us from our leader.
I cannot, however, in good consciousness support your strategy. Staying neutral in this conflict is impossible- if we do this thing, we will ruin ourselves. The Red Demes cannot survive on its own. As you said, our strength is nothing before those accursed dynatoi.
You've seen how Nikephoros Dalessenos treats his White puppets. He showers them with gifts, honours and riches, and they become forever in his debt. He is a corrupt man, that is clear.
For the unity of our Demes, I would have you join the rest of us in support of the Komnenoi- they seem less corrupt than these other ones. Besides, they have been the dominant dynatoi since the Doukai fell, and the Imperium prospered then. Sometimes.
Senator Taurinos- if you may, I would like to speak with you in private later. I can be of some assistance to your family in this dire situation, I think.

*Sitting with a half finished bottle of wine raises it to Salamis to show his regards and agreement, then continues drinking.*

Senator Marcus Aurelius (Red demes):

On regards to your leadership, senator Este-Ravenna, our concern is not with your skills or capacity but with your decision on the subject of Dynatois. You are our leader and represents us but you do not decide by us so, when every other member of our demes thinks in a different way to you, you must consider if you should change your position or, in case you do not do it, if you still can represent the others.

On regards of the subject of the Dynatois itself, I keep the same position than in previous meeting with Komnenos. Red serves serves the Imperial Army, which serves the Imperium and the Imperator. This means that there is only one family we can support: the Angeloi.

I do not trust Dalassenos. They have risen too fast for my tastes and they seems to being buying loyalties throug favours and positions. Neither I trust the Komnenoi, by the way. But the fact that they have not offered anything to us and that they only have asked us for our loyalty to the Imperium make me think that their intentions are most noble than Dalasenos´s. Anyway, by now we are not required to show loyalty to any one of them but if the situation change and we are obligated to take sides, I think we should do it with Komenois.

And about the subject of religion, let´s say what happens in the Synodos. Perhaps, and you can call me naive, the situation will solve by itself and the True Religion Followers (TM) can get together the future.

* Senator Taurinus, feel free to ask for my estates if you need of them till the Army recover the peace in your lands.

*Wobbles to his feet after finishing his bottle of wine.*

"i am happy to support any and all help for my family in these troubled times. It is good to see that we come together in the face of crisis instead of turning on each other and feasting upon the weak. Senator Salamis, Scipion, I will happily make arrangements with you to help ship the last of my family's treasures to safety. I am confident that the army will bring order to Taurica again and that we shall endure the storm.

*Muttering to himself*

"The Taurinus Endure"

*He glances at Alexios*

The Komenoi are the only dynatoi who have offered any semblance of help to my family in this crisis, and I believe they are the only ones who care about strengthening the army to reestablish control in Taurica and the other rebellious provinces, Italia among them.

This Synod is outside of my skills and knowledge, I hope simply this business of heretics is resolved quickly. though Alexios your proposal may have some merit, I see now that many seek to exploit the importance of the Holy Church for their own personal gain, much good could be done if we worked to bring a halt to such excesses."

*Leon sits and waits for food to be brought out and calls for some more of Scipion's excellent wine*

{{That was probably the most sober that Leon will be this session, I expect he will spend the rest of this meeting getting drunk.}}

{{ I'm not planning anything for the unaffiliated at the moment, sorry. }}

Reactions:

{{It's probably a good idea to join a Demes. The Reds have plenty of Wine (if Taurinus is sharing), the Blues have delicious human flesh (courtesy of Colombo) and the Whites have an unlimited supply of communion cookies (and wine, so why pick the Reds?). :D}}

Reactions:
{{Okay, two more questions. Could we get a rundown on what we know/heard so far about the Komnenoi and the Dalassenoi such as what policies they favor, what titles each family holds, and possibly their personalities? And if I join a faction before the feast can I change it again after the feast, after the Synod, or at the next Senate session? Sorry if I'm asking for too much at once.

Edit: but the human flesh though...}}

Reactions:
{{Okay, two more questions. Could we get a rundown on what we know/heard so far about the Komnenoi and the Dalassenoi such as what policies they favor, what titles each family holds, and possibly their personalities? And if I join a faction before the feast can I change it again after the feast, after the Synod, or at the next Senate session? Sorry if I'm asking for too much at once.

Edit: but the human flesh though...}}
{{Communion cookies are technicaly the flesh of Jesus Christ, soo...}}

{{Communion cookies are technicaly the flesh of Jesus Christ, soo...}}
{{But the most important question is, do I get a funny hat and run around with Inquisitors ready to purge heretics with me?:D}}

{{There is no Inquisition, I asked when I first joined 150 pages ago... There aren't any Commissars either, but that doesn't mean the Senate Policies we pass can't have fluff that establishes either, unless Czo bans it.}}

{{That was probably the most sober that Leon will be this session, I expect he will spend the rest of this meeting getting drunk.}}
{{Would like to quote the Egyptian, but it's hard to translate and can't find English version. .}}
{{I guess duel is delayed then? Kinda hard to issue challenge when I'm not allowed anywhere.}}

Senator Petrus Wedrovander (Red Demes):
*Petrus arrives late to the Este-Ravenna manor and is obviously flustered and aggressive in his movement. He wears a simpler dress than before with a old velvet red cloak and a sizeable walking stick he also has a amber ring on his right hand.*
"Alexios Este-Ravenna I cannot believe that you lied by omission to us. Your peers, your brothers, and your fellow senators you have betrayed..."
*It is here he notices the senators startled faces.*
"Why do you feast when this man has just back stabbed us like this? He has betrayed the whole point of being a senator and TOLD US NOTHING about his secret pact. Why are you so calm when this man is so obviously sought to deceive us? For that I'm surprised that no one has talked about what the
Komnenoi have told us. Also Alexios I am most surprised that you suddenly want no part in this dance that suddenly turned around and made things interesting for you. Are you only now reconsidering your policies after your dirty laundry has been found out and you can't have your pastry without the tooth rot? Yet you were oh so eager to become friends in secret with Dalessenoi yet not be publicly courteous to the Komnenoi? I am disgusted that your fear has overwhelmed your senses and made you such an eager fool. I do apologize for this bluntness within your own home but I could reach you no other way and for that matter I will not stand within any longer than necessary. I will be outside if any one wishes to speak with me. By the way Leon I have something to give to you and something to say that isn't relevant for the ears here so if you could put the drink away long enough to hear."
*Petrus leaves the house and waits outside on the street.*

((Sorry Wedrovander is not letting this lie down :p. I hope this doesn't distract from the rest of y'all's plans.))

{{{{I guess duel is delayed then? Kinda hard to issue challenge when I'm not allowed anywhere.}}
450px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I completely forgot that your character is unaffiliated...

Oh well then, it looks like it's time to invoke the Muzaka Exception:

ALL UNAFFILIATED ARE HEREBY INVITED TO THE BANQUET

Yes, everyone can attend. }}

Reactions: