• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We can just take it that the other Houses have reinvested just enough to keep their shares stable and that your shares are going to rise from now on, if you don't want to give me some numbers to play around with :D

If we don't want to, I'd just split it off like this:
Serapis: 65%
Ouranos: 7%
Melissenos: 3%
Pylaeus: 25%

{{I'm fine with that, I honestly don't mind}}

FACTION MEETING - CLOSING

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces that

THE MEETING OF THE WHITE DEMES HAS ENDED
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces that it was decided to

CALL THE RED DEMES MEETING

which will take place in Manor of the House Este-Ravenna, Ravenna on 25 April 1566.

The Faction Meeting shall begin on 10:00 PM 14 January 2016 (Thursday) and shall last until 10:00 PM 16 January 2015 (Saturday) Warsaw time (CEST)

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

{{ @Undead Martyr - I would like you to prepare a description of your character's House manor, please send it using PM :) }}

Reactions:
So, can I assume that the Blues are going to meet after this Red meeting, or will we not due to that meeting before the Synod?

There will be a meeting for Blues in prison due time :p

Reactions:
If we get arrested, I'm shivving all of the other Blues with my smuggled dagger improvised weapon.

{{That looks good to me :)}}

{{We can't all be cannibals, you know. Variation makes things more interesting, and it can be fun to go from fanatical to idealistic to greedy to decadent, to heretical or insane. I really enjoy participating in this aar but it wouldn't be as fun if I kept playing the same way as I've always did, or if everyone played it according to the same old stereotypes. Besides, the Emprah commended us for thinking like greedy, scheaming, self-interested tax-evading politicians, so I don't think he minds. :D}}

{{That was in jest, I apologize if that wasn't clear. I'm very much aware of the need for variation, I've played a pragmatic heretic, a xenophobic religious nut, and only now am I playing someone insane.

You know, I was planning to save this for a downtime during a break in sessions, but I think it's fitting now.

I've been basing my characters on aspects of the Imperium itself. Dominico was ambitious and pragmatic like the Imperium itself in 1444, always thinking of what would best improve the situation of the country. Christoforo was in the Senate during the exploration period, yes, but the intentions of the Senate did not reflect the Increasing zealotry, bigotry and religious tension in the Imprrium, do Christoforo's job was to be a counter-weight.

Alexius, on the other hand, is the incarnation of everything bad about and in the Imperium. He is weaker militarily and economically than his predecessors. He is suspicious and a plotter like the dynatoi parasites. He is corrupt like the Senate. He is religiously deviant (though in which way is in question) like the Angelodouli. And he is a cannibal because the Imperium has been devouring itself for decades, culminating in the Hoi Polli War.

But...

There is a faint hope that the Imperium can recover. Just as there is there hope Alexius can become a good father and a good citizen. Just like Alexius' medication, that hope is slim and easily disrupted. If Cherson falls, if Angelina triggers a civil war, everything will be ruined and the old evils will return, to both Alexius and the Imperium.

I'm not sure if I'll continue this trend, it depends on how the Imperium progresses.

This wasn't meant to be some big reveal or anything, I just thought it was interesting to hear how other people construct their characters. I hope you found this interesting as well. I try to put a lot of thought into my characters, as do a lot of people.}}

{{Excepting that jerk last session who joined the AAR with, apparently, the sole purpose of killing me, and then when he couldn't, left. How charming.}}

Reactions:
And I thought that I put a lot of thought in my House and characters, well done.

In my personal opinion the best hope for European Civilization lies in Caledonia or failing that, Poland. The Imperium is, at this point, eerily similar to the Horde or the Xenos. It hasn't suck to Pisan levels yet, thank Santa Muerte-err God.

Sounds like heresy. The Imperium is the pinnacle of Christendom.

You need to watch what you say in these parts, because some of us (not going to mention any names) get a little bit crazy when the h-word is spoken aloud...

Reactions:
In my personal opinion the best hope for European Civilization lies in Caledonia or failing that, Poland. The Imperium is, at this point, eerily similar to the Horde or the Xenos. It hasn't suck to Pisan levels yet, thank Santa Muerte-err God.
Sounds like heresy. The Imperium is the pinnacle of Christendom.
Hmm...
Heresy is any provocative belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs. A heretic is a proponent of such claims or beliefs.[1] Heresy is distinct from both apostasy, which is the explicit renunciation of one's religion, principles or cause,[2] and blasphemy, which is an impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things
Yup, it checks out.

Eh... This world isn't Black and White. More like Black and Various Shades of Gray. The more the Imperium wins, the lighter it gets for the most part. Whenever we lose, despair sets in and we allow more atrocities to survive. Poland only really lives because of the Imperium; I've often thought of them as the Imperium's moral pet. We have allowed them to survive despite it overall being a good thing to conquer them and have done our best to keep them alive. The day Poland falls, to enemy or us, is the day the Imperium is just as vile as the Xenoi.

We call Pisa evil, but they're probably just pragmatic, siding with the stronger nation to survive. I really doubt this world has any "good guys" left. Either they're too weak to actually help anyone, let alone survive conflict without allies, or they've adjusted to this dark world. The Imperium is, despite my desire to see this madness serve as a prequel to Warhammer 40k, more like a very morally questionable anti-hero. It might end up worse, but it could get better.

If we're honest, the main problem with the Imperium is the Senate right now, complicating politics and occasionally binding Czoklet's hand to a less-than-ideal decision. I've been guilty of it too, but I'd like to see the Imperium survive, to see this continue. We've shot ourselves in the foot before. Just something to keep in mind as we move forward.

Reactions:
Indeed. Why we're so good at doing Christianity hat we even made our own flavor of it.

{{ You are not a bishop - your character is merely a chorepiscopus:

You do not have the authority to represent any of the Pisan dioceses. Furthermore, even guests from other countries (Aragon, Poland etc.) do not have a right to vote - they only observe the Synodos. This is a council of the Church, not an ecumenical council (that is council in which all bishops may attend). This is because the subject of the council is an internal (so far) issue of the Imperium.

Your character is, however, a chorbishop. Thus I may allow your character to be present during the questioning of Sophia - you will not be allowed to ask her any questions though.
As a reminder, no senators were invited to the Council and thus may not be present in basilica during the Council proceedings.

{{ I do not believe I ever referred to myself as a bishop. Also, I respect your decision, and am honored by even the possibility of attending the synod. Long live the Emperor and the One True Faith! }}

{{hurrah the Reds shall have our meeting, though I imagine it won't involve as much talk about spread sheets and tax evasion schemes.

The Blues may have infected the Whites with dreams of gold and plots for self interest, but the Reds will stay true to our purpose of being cranky old war mongers!}}

Reactions:
Well, there are a lot of Shades of Conflict (warning: TV Tropes link!) you know ;)

That's what I had in mind when I was saying the above. No one is White, the minor powers are various shades of Gray, the Imperium is likely a darker Gray, the Hordes are Black, and the Xenoi is either Black or, due to how far removed their mentality is compared to the rest of Europe, is in the Blue and Orange territory.