• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is not the point, the Paradox Forum screwed up my account. This forced me to jump through hoops to regain total access to the site. Because of that I ended up missing a lot of stuff, this included. It is annoying and frustrating, and finding out I missed something I was looking forward to being a part of just opened up a wound.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully Czo will grant an exemption and allow you to attend the Synod. It will be nice to have another. I feel we are missing too many already. Shouldn't have someone who is clearly active not be allowed to participate. This isn't an exclusive AAR by any stretch, after all, I got in!

Reactions:
That is not the point, the Paradox Forum screwed up my account. This forced me to jump through hoops to regain total access to the site. Because of that I ended up missing a lot of stuff, this included. It is annoying and frustrating, and finding out I missed something I was looking forward to being a part of just opened up a wound.
No worries - it's not your fault after all, so if you want to attend the Synod just post the statement like the others.

If anyone else wants their character to attend: you hate time to post the statement until the end of the weekend (the interactive part should start more or less around that time).
Czoklet, we're allowed to speculate the story you're writing on thread, right?
Sure. But pls no OT (current political matters for instance), in particular SW spoilers. You are free to discuss everything Byzantium-related as well :)

((I do not appear in the excel as attending the Synod @CzokletMuss ))

Can someone repost the Link to the list of the participants of the synod? I can't find it at the moment.

Reactions:
Sure. But pls no OT (current political matters for instance), in particular SW spoilers. You are free to discuss everything Byzantium-related as well :)
Nice.

So, Mandromenos' dagger interests me. At first glance it just looks like plan B if I botch the duel, but if Colombo actually dies, that would be redundant. Chekov's gun and all that. And unlike Komnenos' one which can be just symbol (is it? Can Colombo pick weapons?) it was practically forced on us.

Then Nokas turns toward you and suddenly you see a dagger in his hand.

- Your first task will be to infiltrate the Blue Demes. You will join them, spy on them and gain their trust. Whatever you learn about their plans you will report to me. And in case it will be necessary... - he hands over the dagger - ...you will dispose of anyone who will become an obstacle if and only if I give you such order. Do you understand?

So this means this dagger is not necessarily even used. Maybe I'm overthinking this. And it's Mandromenos who has it now, it's his decision. But why waste it? Are there other glaring targets? Di Capponi, heretic Arrius... Nokas? Nicky himself? Because giving someone power means it can be used against you.

Or maybe it's a trap. Just because Nokas gives a dagger doesn't mean one is free to walk around with it in Senate. I could see Mandromenos arrested in instant if president gets alerted.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Nice.

So, Mandromenos' dagger interests me. At first glance it just looks like plan B if I botch the duel, but if Colombo actually dies, that would be redundant. Chekov's gun and all that. And unlike Komnenos' one which can be just symbol (is it? Can Colombo pick weapons?) it was practically forced on us.

- Your first task will be to infiltrate the Blue Demes. You will join them, spy on them and gain their trust. Whatever you learn about their plans you will report to me. And in case it will be necessary... - he hands over the dagger - ...you will dispose of anyone who will become an obstacle if and only if I give you such order. Do you understand?

So this means this dagger is not necessarily even used. Maybe I'm overthinking this. And it's Mandromenos who has it now, it's his decision. But why waste it? Are there other glaring targets? Di Capponi, heretic Arrius... Nokas? Nicky himself? Because giving someone power means it can be used against you.

Or maybe it's a trap. Just because Nokas gives a dagger doesn't mean one is free to walk around with it in Senate. I could see Mandromenos arrested in instant if president gets alerted.

Any thoughts?

I have a theory that the Blues, or at least I, wasn't supposed to side with Dalassenos, and there would be a pre-prepared scene in which you stab me at the Blue Demes meeting, which is why the Blues didn't get anything special.

Or because Czoklet hates the Blues/me, which I think is the more likely answer by far.

I do agree with the Chekov's gun analogy. The dagger should have some significance. That doesn't necessarily mean it will though.

I have a theory that the Blues, or at least I, wasn't supposed to side with Dalassenos, and there would be a pre-prepared scene in which you stab me at the Blue Demes meeting, which is why the Blues didn't get anything special.

Or because Czoklet hates the Blues/me, which I think is the more likely answer by far.

I do agree with the Chekov's gun analogy. The dagger should have some significance. That doesn't necessarily mean it will though.
Well, maybe you had something special. It was very civilized meeting, no one hit the table to drop the secret messages or anything.:p

Anyway, you're not safe yet. Dalassenos doesn't want rumored cannibal on his side any more than Komnenoi do. If I accuse and duel you, you're forever tarnished, so watch your back. But there should be chance for Alexius to survive, however small, even if he had to retire due bad PR. Which is why I wonder other ways to use it.

No worries - it's not your fault after all, so if you want to attend the Synod just post the statement like the others.

That statement would be???? I am unsure as to what I am looking for since the last page that I got a notification about about was 370 or so.

That statement would be???? I am unsure as to what I am looking for since the last page that I got a notification about about was 370 or so.
Before the Blue Demes, I would like all players to declare in this thread whether their characters go to Ravenna or not :)

Please use this template to make your intent absolutely clear:

Code:
[b]Senator of the House EXEMPLUS attends to Synodos in Ravenna[/b]

Nice.

Any thoughts?

That's my thought exactly. Nokas's words imply that I am exempt from the Senators can't harm Senators rule. I can kill whoever, but there will be consequences if I do so without permission.

As for who dies.... well they all are doing to die. Purging of the Blues 2: This Time, We All Die!

That's my thought exactly. Nokas's words imply that I am exempt from the Senators can't harm Senators rule. I can kill whoever, but there will be consequences if I do so without permission.

As for who dies.... well they all are doing to die. Purging of the Blues 2: This Time, We All Die!

Someone better frisk the senator to make sure he doesn't fill the basement with gunpowder and decide to purge the Synod.

Someone better frisk the senator to make sure he doesn't fill the basement with gunpowder and decide to purge the Synod.

Remember, Remember the 15th of March - the Gunpowder Treason and Plot
For I see no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.

And they will celebrate Mandromenos Night centuries from now...

Senator of the House Mojmirid attends to Synodos in Ravenna

Senator of the House Mojmirid attends to Synodos in Ravenna
Duly noted.

Attention - first interactive part during the Synod (for selected senators) will start tomorrow.

Reactions:
Hey, it's no fun to be guessing if all we do is think same thing.:(

WAD.

Senator Lodovico of the House di Capponi attends the Synodos in Ravenna

Another slipped through the gaps, my Emperor