• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Absalon Hvide (Blue Demes)
I am greatly interested in what Lady Angelos has to say regarding her teachings should the senate choose to summon Her Imperial Highness and convene the great Synode.

BALLOTS
(1) Synodos – convening the Synode[/b]

House Exemplus votes AYE.
(2) Synodos – summoning Sophia Angelos
(3) Synodos – summoning the Italians
House Exemplus votes NAY.
(4) Trial – arresting Sophia Angelos
(5) Trial – sending Black Tagma
(6) Trial – summoning the Italians
(7) Exarchates – raising tariffs (subjects)
(8) Resolution of the Imperial Senate
House Exemplus ABSTAINS.
OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Exemplus Simplus STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

{{ You are not allowed to abstain - the ballot is invalid.}}

{{You're all total softies :D. I can't believe the Red Demes members are generally tougher on heresy than the White Senators. I guess that finally proves we're not all religious fanatics.}}
{{YES!}}

{{You're all total softies :D. I can't believe the Red Demes members are generally tougher on heresy than the White Senators. I guess that finally proves we're not all religious fanatics.}}

{{Indeed, it seems that I am the only one who has the best interest of the Church at heart. That makes the rest of you heretics who need to purged.}}

Senator Andronikos Ouranos (White Demes)

"The die is cast."

BALLOTS

(1) Synodos – convening the Synode
House Ouranos votes AYE.

House Ouranos votes AYE.

House Ouranos votes NAY.

House Ouranos votes NAY.

House Ouranos votes NAY.

House Ouranos votes NAY.

House Ouranos votes NAY.

House Ouranos votes AYE.

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Andronikos Ouranos STAYS IN the White Demes.

((Sorry bout my late entry, just remembered to check for the day))

{{

I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't one of the Angeloi leading the heretics... }}

{{

I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't one of the Angeloi leading the heretics... }}

{{Never would have gotten to a Senate Vote, would have been arrested/purged beforehand}}

Reactions:
President of the Senate Isaakios Komnenos:
Komnenos was watching the Senators cast their votes, unanimous in favor of the resolution in which the Senate declares support to megas domestikos - a thinly veiled political statement regarding their support for the House Dalassenos. He stroke his his beard several times, trying not to smile. It went better then he could have hoped for. Naive aristoi, he thought to himself. Now all I have to do to prove much the influence of Dalassenoi has grown is to point at the Senate and all the aristoi Houses openly backing them. He couldn't ask for a stronger argument with which Komnenoi could persuade others to join them in order to contain ambitious House Dalassenos. And the best part - this time Isaakios allowed himself to smile - was that he didn't even had to trick or manipulate them to do so.

All he had to do was to ask.

He looked at the Red Speaker, who like the rest of them declared himself a supporter of the Dalassenoi. An empty gesture, surely, but what if the Reds will really support the Dalassenoi? This could complicate everything. No, he must try again. He will have no pleasure in dealing with the aristos who disrespected him in such rude manner, that he was certain about. But, Isaakios Komnenos reminded himself, he wasn't doing this for himself nor for his honor nor even for his House.

The voting was coming to an end. Komnenos waved at the bearer of the Fasces and looked at the assembled Senators, their chatter already filling Magnaura.

The day will come when words alone will not suffice. Then we shall see who truly is serving the Emperor.

SEVENTH SENATE SESSION - RESULTS

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos

THE VOTING HAS ENDED

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby announces that the quorum has been reached and that the noble Senators voted as follows:

RESOLUTIONS
(1) Synodos – convening the Synode
  • Votes „AYE”: 21
  • Votes „NAY”: 1
The Imperial Senate PASSED the bill.

• Votes „AYE”: 19
  • Votes „NAY”: 3

• Votes „AYE”: 16
  • Votes „NAY”: 6

• Votes „AYE”: 9
  • Votes „NAY”: 13
The Imperial Senate DID NOT PASS the bill.

• Votes „AYE”: 5
  • Votes „NAY”: 17

• Votes „AYE”: 10
  • Votes „NAY”: 12

• Votes „AYE”: 7
  • Votes „NAY”: 15

• Votes „AYE”: 21
  • Votes „NAY”: 1

{{ Results of the voting available online here on Google Doc. }}

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby announces that as the result of this Session

NO FACTION BECAME DOMINANT

THIS CONCLUDES THE SEVENTH SENATE SESSION

Last edited:
Reactions:
so whats the plan from here Czo?

Far East DD hopefully

Special meeting for Reds this weekend (?), Far East DD, next week(end?) next chapter :)

Reactions:
Only the Reds? I assume that won't be when Sophia will be brought to the Senate. I had hoped all Senators would be there for that.

I fear that the Synod will end up really bad for us with the Angedouloi provoking another great riot in the Queen of Cities and killing again the Raoul character :p

I bet it is for the Komnenoi to gain themselves support of a Demes like the Dalessenoi and the Whites...

It would be fun if we could attend the Synod. Maybe Senator Arrius could defend Angelodulism and Colombo and Zetsmrti could speak about their ideas on how to make the communion more realistic :D.

Poor Komnenoi don't even realize what kind of madness they're trying to control. I'm sure by the end of this meeting we'll have the President of the Senate running around like a mad man ranting about heretics and the Imperial army.

Reactions:
Poor Komnenoi don't even realize what kind of madness they're trying to control. I'm sure by the end of this meeting we'll have the President of the Senate running around like a mad man ranting about heretics and the Imperial army.
By the end?

He hasn't joined the madness already? We must try harder! Our dastardly plan to corrupt the Dynatoi's minds is faltering!