• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{Some of the votes seem a bit strange. For example Senator Colombo doesn't want a trial, but he wants to summon the Italians to one (But I'm sure there's a lot of trials in Constantinople with all this HERESY going around). Di Capponi doesn't want to arrest Sophia but he wants the Athanatoi (pretty much the gestapo) to bring her to the Synod, using all means necessary (except for arresting her, I guess). It kind of makes sense, since they are both madmen, it's just a bit funny.

Senator Scipion speaking for Di Capponi is probably just a copy-paste mistake. It's an easy mistake, I almost didn't edit my own copy of Attalus' post correctly.}}

Reactions:
{{Some of the votes seem a bit strange. For example Senator Colombo doesn't want a trial, but he wants to summon the Italians to one (But I'm sure there's a lot of trials in Constantinople with all this HERESY going around). Di Capponi doesn't want to arrest Sophia but he wants the Athanatoi (pretty much the gestapo) to bring her to the Synod, using all means necessary (except for arresting her, I guess). It kind of makes sense, since they are both madmen, it's just a bit funny.

Senator Scipion speaking for Di Capponi is probably just a copy-paste mistake. It's an easy mistake, I almost didn't edit my own copy of Attalus' post correctly.}}

{{Bah, when did internal consistency matter to anyone! This! Is! Madness! }}

Reactions:
Senator David Ignacion (Unaffiliated):

"We must bring stability to the Imperium. We must convene a humane and justified synod.

RESOLUTIONS
(1) Synodos – convening the Synode

House Ignacion votes AYE.

(2) Synodos – summoning Sophia Angelos

(3) Synodos – summoning the Italians

(4) Trial – arresting Sophia Angelos
House Ignacion votes NAY

(5) Trial – sending Black Tagma

(6) Trial – summoning the Italians

House Ignacion votes NAY.

(7) Exarchates – raising tariffs (subjects)

(8) Resolution of the Imperial Senate
The Imperial Senate expresses its great sorrow at the senseless and vicious attack at His Excellency Archbishop of Konstantinoupolis and Ecumenical Patriarch Niketas Dalassenos, as well as expresses its unwavering support and gratitude for the megas domestikos Nikephoros Dalassenos who, despite losing his dear brother, carried out duties of his office with utmost diligence and dedication.

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT:

Senator David Ignacion REMAINS UNAFFILIATED

{{I'm of the opinion that a synod should be held first, and a trial if necessary after. That wasn't an option, so I settled for if there must be a trial (which it doesn't look like there will be) the Italians have to be there.}}

{{How old would one need to be to join this League of Old Geezers?}}
{{I'm pretty sure the Mandromenos have earned the right to join the League. Admittedly he's not a cripple yet but Mandromenos is eccentric enough to deserve a place among the senile old geezers of the senate.}}

{{I'm pretty sure the Mandromenos have earned the right to join the League. Admittedly he's not a cripple yet but Mandromenos is eccentric enough to deserve a place among the senile old geezers of the senate.}}

{{So a whole body, but a crippled mind. Makes sense I guess. I can see it now, the only member of League that still has color in his hair muttering about not meeting his self-assigned quota of purged heretics this year...}}

Reactions:
Senator Markus von Habsburg (unaffiliated)
Just as the Plague has passed, so will this time of troubles come to pass. Herr Jesus Christus wills it.

BALLOTS
(1) Synodos – convening the Synode[/b]

House Habsburg votes AYE.
House Habsburg votes NAY.
OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Markus von Habsburg STAYS unaffiliated.

Senator Banoub ibn Mahdi Rashid (Unaffiliated):

"We must give an opportunity for Sophia Angelos to repent, and use her power for the good of the Imperium."

RESOLUTIONS

House Rashid votes AYE.

House Rashid votes AYE.

House Rashid votes AYE.

House Rashid votes NAY

House Rashid votes NAY.

House Rashid votes AYE.

House Rashid votes NAY.

The Imperial Senate expresses its great sorrow at the senseless and vicious attack at His Excellency Archbishop of Konstantinoupolis and Ecumenical Patriarch Niketas Dalassenos, as well as expresses its unwavering support and gratitude for the megas domestikos Nikephoros Dalassenos who, despite losing his dear brother, carried out duties of his office with utmost diligence and dedication.

House Rashid votes AYE.

Senator Banoub ibn Mahdi Rashid REMAINS UNAFFILIATED

Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
*Nilephoros dnters the hall again, his boots sounding on the floor. He is still wearing his army officer uniform, and is breathing heavily*
I am sorry I missed a great part of the session, Senators- I had some urgent business to take care of.

BALLOTS

House Salamis votes AYE.
House Salamis votes AYE.
House Salamis votes AYE.
House Salamis votes AYE.
House Salamis votes AYE.
House Salamis votes NAY.
House Salamis votes NAY.
House Salamis votes .
Senator Nikephpros II Salamis LEAVES the Blue Demes and JOINS the Red Demes.

Senator Petrus Wedrovander (Red Dems):

"The Way will be long, but we must go on and hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel."

RESOLUTIONS

House Wedrovander votes AYE.

House Wedrovander votes NAY.

House Wedrovander votes AYE

House Wedrovander votes NAY.

Senator Petrus Wedrovander Remains in the Red Dems.

{{I'm of the opinion that a synod should be held first, and a trial if necessary after. That wasn't an option, so I settled for if there must be a trial (which it doesn't look like there will be) the Italians have to be there.}}

{{If you wanted a trial you could have voted for one. I assume that the synod to determine wether or not her teachings are heresy would be held before the trial. Prosecuting her for heresy before the synod was called to determine her heresy doesn't really make sense, and I think Czoklet would let the events play out in the most logical order.

Granted, the propositions aren't all layed out in a conditional flow-chart but since Czoklet isn't a computer but a rational thinking person that's not really necessary. If it was we could face absurd situations such as summoning the Italians to a synod when we're not holding a synod, or sending the Athanatoi to bring Sophia to have lunch with the Emperor.

The votes are still really close about the trial, it's very exciting. The Komnenos are not going to be happy, though :D.

The current vote is:

AYE 19
NAY

AYE 19
NAY

AYE 15
NAY 4

AYE 9
NAY 10

AYE 5
NAY 14

AYE 9
NAY 10

AYE 6
NAY 13

AYE 18
NAY
ABSTAIN 1

WHITE 6
BLUE 2
RED 6
UNAFFILIATED 5
}}

Senator Magnus Arrius (Blue Demes):
May Lady Sophia's journey here be safe, so that we all may hear from her. Glory to the Angeloi.

Ballots
(1) Synodos - convening the Synodo
House Arrius votes AYE.

(2) Synodos - summoning Sophia Angelos
House Arrius votes AYE.

(3) Synodod - summoning the Italians
House Arrius votes AYE.

(4) Trial - arresting Sophia Angelos
House Arrius votes NAY.

(5) Trial - sending Black Tagma
House Arrius votes NAY.

(6) Trial - summoning the Italians
House Arrius votes AYE.

(7) Exarchates - raising tariffs
House Arrius votes AYE.

House Arrius votes AYE.

Senator Mangus Arrius STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

{{If you wanted a trial you could have voted for one. I assume that the synod to determine wether or not her teachings are heresy would be held before the trial. Prosecuting her for heresy before the synod was called to determine her heresy doesn't really make sense, and I think Czoklet would let the events play out in the most logical order.

Granted, the propositions aren't all layed out in a conditional flow-chart but since Czoklet isn't a computer but a rational thinking person that's not really necessary. If it was we could face absurd situations such as summoning the Italians to a synod when we're not holding a synod, or sending the Athanatoi to bring Sophia to have lunch with the Emperor.

The votes are still really close about the trial, it's very exciting. The Komnenos are not going to be happy, though :D.

The current vote is:

AYE 19
NAY

AYE 19
NAY

AYE 15
NAY 4

AYE 9
NAY 10

AYE 5
NAY 14

AYE 9
NAY 10

AYE 6
NAY 13

AYE 18
NAY
ABSTAIN 1

WHITE 6
BLUE 2
RED 6
UNAFFILIATED 5
}}
{{Wow, the Blue dems, myself included, are tiny. That is just sad.}}

{{They had numbers comparable to the other Demes, they just aren't voting.... Anyways I do feel that our unaffiliated Senators are Ghost Blues so you have more voting power than you know...}}

{{Yes a Salamis has joined the Reds. Behold our power!

Assuming we don't continue the tradition of Reds being executed for heresy and going insane }}

{{Yes a Salamis has joined the Reds. Behold our power!

Assuming we don't continue the tradition of Reds being executed for heresy and going insane }}

{{Hey I only went mad once! Granted it was in a spectacular fashion that will be remembered both in character and out, but I say I was pretty tame this time, less mad and more zealous}}

Reactions:
{{Hey I only went mad once! Granted it was in a spectacular fashion that will be remembered both in character and out, but I say I was pretty tame this time, less mad and more zealous}}

{{Well if my tally is correct you're at least the third Red to be executed in the senate.
Though I am fully confident that the Madness of the Mandromenos will lead our faction to glory and madness!}}

Senator Absalon Hvide (Blue Demes)
I am greatly interested in what Lady Angelos has to say regarding her teachings should the senate choose to summon Her Imperial Highness and convene the great Synode.

BALLOTS
(1) Synodos – convening the Synode[/b]

House Exemplus votes AYE.
House Exemplus votes NAY.
House Exemplus ABSTAINS.
Senator Exemplus Simplus STAYS IN the Blue Demes.