• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
*Nilephoros returns to Senator Pylaeus to reply about the terms proposed*
These sound like very decent terms. However, my house has no shortage of soldiers compared to most other arisoi houses- Castle Salamis may be our only holding, but it is a decent castle with a decent village outside. However, I would request some learned men of yours to tutor mine own as librarians. Additionally, my cousin Titus requested to come to the pandidaktarion and become a learned man- perhaps in the same time he will marry some woman of your house to seal this alliance of knowledge?

Senator Belissarios Leonidos (White Demes):

*Belissarios reads Lazaros's reply and sighs. It seems he will have to look elsewhere for a wife. He drafts a reply.*

I send my condolances - the turmoil of the past few decades has affected us all. However a friendship agreement will suffice.

{{Dear Gawd, it's worse than I thought. Hannibal Lectorism IS contagious, and it's actively being spread!}}

{{Dear Gawd, it's worse than I thought. Hannibal Lectorism IS contagious, and it's actively being spread!}}

{{Welcome to the imperial Senate!}}

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker if the White Demes)

*To Senator Salamis*

That is indeed a valuable location for a vault. After my family lost the estate and library in Roma we did not have a chance to fully restore a third one. The remaining libraries tend to look more like fortresses after two decades of instability.

I'd like to take you up on your offer. Your house would be responsible for the initial and operating expenses for the vault, including staff provisions, facility maintenance and operating goods like ink, paper, etc.

I will provide the personnel and guards necessary, as well as their pay. Of course their authority would be strictly limited to the library grounds, as you are the lord of the island.

I also believe that because of its isolated location, two dozen guards or so will suffice, so you should not have anything to fear.

Do you think you could agree to terms like this? If you so desire, my people could also serve as tutors for some of your selected servants, if you want to train some librarians of your own.

*Decius leaves Senator Salamis to ponder the proposal, when he is approached by Senator Mandromenos.*

Ah, Senator Mandromenos. You appear to be quite different from your predecessor in the Senate. I shall listen to what you have to say, as we appeared to share a common position during the debate.

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos (Red Demes):

Indeed we did. Before we get to the center of the matter, I would like to give an offer of good faith related to your previous discussion with Salamis. My grandfather and his father were great scholars and bibliophiles and have used the formerly great wealth my family used to possess {{*ahem*}} to amass quite the impressive collection of rare and obscure knowledge, perhaps you and Salamis would like to have your scribes borrow these works to have them copied and preserved in your locations. We must not abandon traditions after all, and the writings are the most effective way to records these traditions.

*Philaretos pauses for a long moment to gather his thoughts*

I'm sorry, but the circumstances of this meeting are .....complex. My house only has a brief history with the Senate and a even briefer one in the Whites, and I'm afraid it is not a warm friendship as we would like. Complicating this further is my place in the Army and my desire to serve it. You see, me and my brother were entirely different people, one would be surprised that we were of the same family. Alexandros wanted to use his place in Aragon and the Senate to catapult himself into a great position. He succeed at first with Aragon, but failed in the Senate and cost me the only family that I had at the time. But enough of the affairs of dead men, no matter how much they are missed. I will be blunt, if you are attempting to woo me into the arms of the Whites, you are succeeding Pylaeus, while some of your color are a bit to cautious, not that I blame them for it, I think the Whites and myself are of the same mind. Combine that with my complete lack of faith for Este-Ravenna and the other Reds, and you may yet gain another brother. However, there is one thing I feel need to be addressed before we continue down this path. *His eyes darken with anger* Di Capponi.

{{ Paging @ThetrueColt }}

Last edited:
Senator Ioannes Raoul (the Whites) :

*Ioannes has been muttering prayers in a corner of the garden, refusing the food and wine proposed by the eunuchs. He could not afford to succomb to sin here while heresy had spread amongst Senators. He approaches the Speaker of the Whites*

"Esteemed Senator Pylaeus, will you spare me a moment ?
Maybe I am unfit to be Senator but I can't stand the talks of Senator Arrius. That he is allowed to tell his heretic thoughts here in the Magnaura is wrong. Maybe you could suggest to the President that everyone present reaffirm his loyalty to the Church and publicly denounce the heretics ? Most would lie but it could lead the young Arrius to betray himself..."

{{ @ThetrueColt }}

Jakov's teeth aren't remotely shark like. They are straight, and white as could be. But his eyes hae the cold grey glare of a predator who smells blood.

Jakov opens the brazier, inside are a pair of frying tongues, well seasoned.

"I know that you are more preferential to other... parts, but I've found that there is something especially satisfying in looking at a man, looking into his living eyes, and knowing that you have eaten a part of that mans body."

He glances at his two mute servants, and offers one of the tongues on a small platter to Colombo, taking a bite of his own to show that they're not poisoned.

"I shall cut to the chase. We are both in a position of power, but no doubt seek greater power still. I believe that our current president is partial to Red Demes, Old Houses, men who are not yet confirmed cannibals, and his family, the Komnemos. You have two of these, and I another two-- no man knows that I have ever tasted human flesh, and I have seasoned these tongues to smell like beef. You have access to the growing number of senators who support the Angeloi. I would recommend that you continue to grow these ties, and if possible, recruit senator Este Ravenna to the cause. I will do the same. Then, the two of us will write a letter to our dear president, informing him of the evil heresies of this... group, who will, of course, have as yet unknown connections to House Dallessenos. Isaakios Komnemos will of course be aghast and seize this opportunity for the glory of his house, and we will be rewarded for our service. If not... then we can sell these things that we know to house Dallessenos, or perhaps the imperial bureaucracy itself. With the senate shrunken, and both of us as speakers for our respective Demes, who knows what we could achieve?

Senator Alexius Colombo (Blue Demes Speaker):

*Alexius, upon seeing the brazier, slams it shut*

"Careful, Jakov," he hisses. "There are eyes and ears everywhere here. I learned that the hard way."

He fumes.

"The Dalassenoi, or perhaps more accurately, the Megas Domestikos, has compromised me. While I haven't been technically speaking blackmailed, he has turned a blind eye to my activities so long as I help him in the city and in the Senate. Este-Ravenna is in the hands of the Dalassenoi as well, how do you think my secret holder would feel if it looked like I was betraying him for the Komnenos? We cannot go against the Dalassenoi, at least not directly.."

He smiles.

"But there is hope, my friend. The Sophite heretics are backed by the Dalassenoi, but they do not recognize the potential of the movement. Their being Gnostics means that they already have little regard for the corporeal form, and what is done with it after death. It would be hard, and take many years, but if the Angelodoulists lose their leader, they will need spiritual guidance... guidance that could lead them to discover the true meaning of the "pleasures of the flesh".

Should the Sophites become the leading religion of the Imperium...

...It won't matter who knows about our secrets, because all the Imperium will follow our lead.

Now, I will repeat to you what I have said to the fool Arrius, but slightly differently:

Once she is in the city, there can only be positive outcomes.

1. She is able to convince the synod, or at lest convince the people of Constantinople to convince the synod. The authority of the "blessed" church is destroyed, and Sophia's stronger. Then, Sophia will either be convinced by us of our beliefs, or dealt with otherwise.

2. She is martyred, and the Angelodoulists rise up. If they are on the verge of success, we must step in and provide "spiritual leadership" for the Angelodoulos

As such, we must take a two pronged approach. We must strive to make the synod as open as possible, for the Italians, for the public, for Sophia. But should the synod fail, we must strive to make the trial as unfair as possible, to stoke outrage in the hearts of the Angelodoulos.

Arrius, of course, doesn't know about you and me. He only fawns after poor, poor Sophia Angelos and her blessed teachings. However, this means he is more susceptible to trying to turn on me. If he does, back me up. With his word against that of two Senators, one of which is a Faction Speaker, he would have no chance. Don't send him any letters, anything that could be used as evidence. If you wish to tell him you are an ally, fine, but don't give him any idea of what we are actually planning."

{{Not only is it being spread, there's now a plot to make cannibalism part of the religious fabric of the Imperium! Imagine an Imperium where all good, honest peasants could take a chunk of flesh off their neighbor! All Hail CanniDoulism!}}

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White Demes)

*Nilephoros returns to Senator Pylaeus to reply about the terms proposed*
These sound like very decent terms. However, my house has no shortage of soldiers compared to most other arisoi houses- Castle Salamis may be our only holding, but it is a decent castle with a decent village outside. However, I would request some learned men of yours to tutor mine own as librarians. Additionally, my cousin Titus requested to come to the pandidaktarion and become a learned man- perhaps in the same time he will marry some woman of your house to seal this alliance of knowledge?

I do not mistrust your ability to protect your holdings. It is just that I have seen too many horrors to be able to completely surrender the defenses of the new library to another parties' men. Perhaps we can create a joint force for the vault, my guards can teach you all there is to know about not aggravating librarians while you could provide them with some insight regarding the landscape of the island and how they should best behave in case of an emergency? Oh, and another thing. I trust that the library will be built outside of the castle in a external location? Far too often political discrepancies have limited access to important works of history for me to allow a construction of a Pylaei library in a castle under direct control of a single lord.

Titus is most welcome to come to the Pandidakterion, as well as the Pylaei Estate and its library, should he seek assistance to further his studies. As far as marriage is concerned, it is the Pylaei policy to let their family members decide their partners in life, so he is most welcome to court anyone he should fall in love with. However, I will not force the hand of any family member, as we believe in the right of self-conscious decision-making. While I do not have daughters of my own, there are always several ladies of the house strolling the library or the pandidakterion in their quest for discovery.

I hope that we can agree on this?

*Decius takes a look at the forming queue in front of him*
{{ :D }}

There are apparently other events I have to take notice of.

Indeed we did. Before we get to the center of the matter, I would like to give an offer of good faith related to your previous discussion with Salamis. My grandfather and his father were great scholars and bibliophiles and have used the formerly great wealth my family used to possess {{*ahem*}} to amass quite the impressive collection of rare and obscure knowledge, perhaps you and Salamis would like to have your scribes borrow these works to have them copied and preserved in your locations. We must not abandon traditions after all, and the writings are the most effective way to records these traditions.

*Philaretos pauses for a long moment to gather his thoughts*

I'm sorry, but the circumstances of this meeting are .....complex. My house only has a brief history with the Senate and a even briefer one in the Whites, and I'm afraid it is not a warm friendship as we would like. Complicating this further is my place in the Army and my desire to serve it. You see, me and my brother were entirely different people, one would be surprised that we were of the same family. Alexandros wanted to use his place in Aragon and the Senate to catapult himself into a great position. He succeed at first with Aragon, but failed in the Senate and cost me the only family that I had at the time. But enough of the affairs of dead men, no matter how much they are missed. I will be blunt, if you are attempting to woo me into the arms of the Whites, you are succeeding Pylaeus, while some of your color are a bit to cautious, not that I blame them for it, I think the Whites and myself are of the same mind. Combine that with my complete lack of faith for Este-Ravenna and the other Reds, and you may yet gain another brother. However, there is one thing I feel need to be addressed before we continue down this path. *His eyes darken with anger* Di Capponi.

{{ Paging @ThetrueColt }}

*Decius smiles and his eyes are filled with glee at the prospect of new additions to the family collection, a quite unique sight for a nomrally calm and collected man.*

I am most willing to send some of my most trusted men to determine the value of these works, copy them and to compensate you for your valuable addition to our ressources. If you so desire, we can also take care of their perservation, should you lack the expertised men in that field.

You will find that I do not hold a grudge against you or your house just because your predecessor was rather... disappointing when it comes to matters of the Senate and the white demes. If my convictions sound convincing to you, it is all the better if you should choose to join our demes. Let me just say this: While I am always happy to welcome new members into the faction, I am not one to bribe and get bribed in the process. You can join us out of your own belief if you think our determinations align, you will find that the white demes is an honest place among friends without bickering or intra-demes intrigues. At least it has been like this during all the time that I am a member. You have also seen that my stance on the hoi polloi and the Angelodouli is rather non-moderate.

Senator di Capponi surely is our most special member. For some time I thought he had to be excluded from the demes, but during the last session - in which you were not present - he showed that he can put his own agenda down to not damage the demes. I believe that every member is entitled to his own opinion, and so is he. You must not forget that his position is not easy as well: Being an Italian and having connections to Pisa, I can imagine he does not have a lot of allies. It might be best to grant him the benefit of the doubt, because vocally opposing him will probably not do us any good. There are more than just individuals to a demes. We represent ideals and convictions, we cannot allow these to be drowned in our own personal wishes. This is something that I had to learn the hard way, would you be willing to trust the judgement of an elder on this matter?

*Leaving Mandromenos and Salamis to think about it for a while, Decius turns to Raoul and drages him away from the other two.*

Senator Ioannes Raoul (the Whites) :

*Ioannes has been muttering prayers in a corner of the garden, refusing the food and wine proposed by the eunuchs. He could not afford to succomb to sin here while heresy had spread amongst Senators. He approaches the Speaker of the Whites*

"Esteemed Senator Pylaeus, will you spare me a moment ?
Maybe I am unfit to be Senator but I can't stand the talks of Senator Arrius. That he is allowed to tell his heretic thoughts here in the Magnaura is wrong. Maybe you could suggest to the President that everyone present reaffirm his loyalty to the Church and publicly denounce the heretics ? Most would lie but it could lead the young Arrius to betray himself..."

{{ @ThetrueColt }}

I do not think that you are unworthy to be a Senator. In the history of the Senate there were some people...you probably wouldn't believe it even if I told you. Also, your house is among the oldest senatorial families since the institution was created, so I think you do not need to worry. Something that everyone of us needs to have is patience and tolerance if he wants to achieve something in these halls. So while we are sometimes plagued and enraged by the comments of our equals, we cannot let a desire to silence their voices get the better of us.

The opinion of Senator Arrius has been vocally opposed within Magnaura, even from his blue colleagues like Senator Salamis. I think we both agree that Colombo's words of "freedom of opinion" are hardly conceiling the fact that he supports Arrius' cause. And we do know that Colombo firmly supports his Komnenoi masters, which ... *Decius pauses for a moment*

Anyways, concerning your proposal: I believe it's possible for me to appeal to the President so that every Senator has to pledge his loyalty to the one and only Church. Publicly denouncing the heretics is out of the question though, as the Angelodouli are not yet officially heretical, the Church synod shall decide their fate, which is why we are all assembled after all.

Your coming here reminded me of another important thing though, please find me in a moment after I finish writing some letters.

*Decius retreats into a corner and quickly writes up letters to be distributed among Senators Serapis, Melissenos and Ouranos.*
My dearest friends in the Senate,

please find me during this time of recess.
There is an urgent matter I want to discuss with the most loyal and trusted members of our demes.

We will have to talk about a consensus regarding serpents and latifunda.

Signed,

Decius Pylaeus

*After finishing the letters, he hands it over to one of his servants for delivery.*

Last edited:
Senator Marcus Aurelius Scipion (Red demes):

Marcus has been very silent during this session. This place is where is uncle Honorius was murdered and brought dishonor to the family.

Marcus has promised himself that this embarrassment won´t happen again. He will be silent by now, listening to other senators and especially those of his demes.

The moment to speak will come...soon.

((In other words, I will hardly be able to take part in this session till tomorrow late but I think that I will be able to cast my vote when the moment arrives. I am trying to keep the track of the session in my phone so at least I have some idea of what the other senators opine on the subjects))

Senator Marcus Aurelius Scipion (Red demes):

What can happen if we let this woman to speak in a synod? Christ is in our side and our theologian will show the truth of our faith. Let every one, Italians even, come to the synod and learn about the mistakes.

The light of Kristhos will come to them one way or other.
:rolleyes:

*Decius smiles and his eyes are filled with glee at the prospect of new additions to the family collection, a quite unique sight for a nomrally calm and collected man.*

I am most willing to send some of my most trusted men to determine the value of these works, copy them and to compensate you for your valuable addition to our ressources. If you so desire, we can also take care of their perservation, should you lack the expertised men in that field.

You will find that I do not hold a grudge against you or your house just because your predecessor was rather... disappointing when it comes to matters of the Senate and the white demes. If my convictions sound convincing to you, it is all the better if you should choose to join our demes. Let me just say this: While I am always happy to welcome new members into the faction, I am not one to bribe and get bribed in the process. You can join us out of your own belief if you think our determinations align, you will find that the white demes is an honest place among friends without bickering or intra-demes intrigues. At least it has been like this during all the time that I am a member. You have also seen that my stance on the hoi polloi and the Angelodouli is rather non-moderate.

Senator di Capponi surely is our most special member. For some time I thought he had to be excluded from the demes, but during the last session - in which you were not present - he showed that he can put his own agenda down to not damage the demes. I believe that every member is entitled to his own opinion, and so is he. You must not forget that his position is not easy as well: Being an Italian and having connections to Pisa, I can imagine he does not have a lot of allies. It might be best to grant him the benefit of the doubt, because vocally opposing him will probably not do us any good. There are more than just individuals to a demes. We represent ideals and convictions, we cannot allow these to be drowned in our own personal wishes. This is something that I had to learn the hard way, would you be willing to trust the judgement of an elder on this matter?

*Leaving Mandromenos and Salamis to think about it for a while, Decius turns to Raoul and drages him away from the other two.*

*Philaretos smiles warmly*

Perhaps I was asking too much when I offered only a potential ally for a mostly loyal follower. No matter, I still consider us of the same mind and it may be for the best that we work separately. I will speak for Whites with the Reds and will attempt to persuade them to maintain the traditional alliance of the two Demes. However, if you ever decide that di Capponi is more trouble than he is worth, I have ways to remove a man with little risk to myself, and even less to you. And about the knowledge we wish to share, I ask only that I am allowed to copy any works in your possession of a military nature, since my collection is lacking in that matter and I greatly value them. Our scribes should work together, perhaps they can learn from another.

{{ @ThetrueColt If you approve, the results would be something like this, Mandromenos's collection contained mostly works the Pylaeus already had, but it did have about two dozen books that he didn't, including one that he desperately wanted. Mandromenos gained a highly varied set of accounts of many campaigns of the Imperium in its time between the fall of the Western Empire and the rise of the Angeloi and was greatly pleased}}

Last edited:

*To Senator Mandromenos*

I hope that this will stay an offer I will never have to take. For all the trouble he may cause, di Capponi is still a member of the white demes. Nevertheless I look forward to working together with you in the senate and elsewhere.

In fact, I do not see any reason why you should not get access to the Pylaei libraries. You may study them to your heart's content.

{{ This seems fine to me. }}

Last edited:
*Nikephoros nods, leaving Decius to his suitors, and walks towards Senator Colombo, hoping Senator Raoul will be freed soon*
Speaker Colombo! Long time no met. *He sniffs around and smiles at Senator Jakov.* Nice... barbecue you have here. You are the speaker of our Demes, perhaps you will know... *Nikephoros looks around theatrically.* Where are our esteemed fellows of the Blue Demes? It seems to me only wise Senator Arrius and ourselves are present today...

*Philaretos thinks to himself as he sees Pylaeus walk away*

That was productive. This may prove to be a very beneficial relationship. Perhaps one of my sons, either Demetrios or Alexandros would like to pursue a scholarly path. Pylaeus's library would prove helpful for their education. When they are older, of course. Need to ensure their convictions before I send them to another house for an extended period.

*He turns to the largest group of Reds*

It would be a shame if I spent all my time with a White and none with my "brothers". I should see what they are up to...

*Philaretos approaches the Reds*

Greetings friends, what did you think about this meeting?

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius reads Pylaeus' note with one eyebrow raised. He folds it up, smiling, and bids Senator Mojmirid farewell. "It's been a pleasure. Let us speak more later." Handing his ice cold glass over to a servant he heads to answer his speakers summons.

"You have been busy, my friend" he smiles at Pylaeus and Mandromenos. "I am glad to see a Mandromenos on such friendly terms with the White again. It bodes well for the future. Working together we can ensure that the voice of reason prevails in the senate."

"How have you been since the last time we met?" He continues speaking with Decius. "I hope the fates have been kind to House Pylaeus. The Serapis latifundas have fared well enough, considering the circumstances."

*Decius retreats into a corner and quickly writes up letters to be distributed among Senators Serapis, Melissenos and Ouranos.*
My dearest friends in the Senate,

please find me during this time of recess.
There is an urgent matter I want to discuss with the most loyal and trusted members of our demes.

We will have to talk about a consensus regarding serpents and latifunda.

Signed,

Decius Pylaeus

Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos (White Demes)

*As Lazaros receives senator Pylaeus letter, he reads it carefully before tucking it in the folds of his wide robes and strolls over towards the crowd of petitioners that shows Decius presence. 'What a popular man.', Lazarus thought.*

Dear Decius, I received your Letter and here I am. I'm assured that you already have a plan or two for us and I'm eager to hear it.

Senator Ioannes Raoul (The Whites)

*Speaking to decius Pylaeus*
"Thank you honored speaker, I'll leave you with my fellow Whites here while I'll go recite a few prayers for this august assembly."

Senator Ioannes Raoul (The Whites)

*Speaking to decius Pylaeus*
"Thank you honored speaker, I'll leave you with my fellow Whites here while I'll go recite a few prayers for this august assembly."

Very well. We might call for you and the other whites later, so be ready.

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius reads Pylaeus' note with one eyebrow raised. He folds it up, smiling, and bids Senator Mojmirid farewell. "It's been a pleasure. Let us speak more later." Handing his ice cold glass over to a servant he heads to answer his speakers summons.

"You have been busy, my friend" he smiles at Pylaeus and Mandromenos. "I am glad to see a Mandromenos on such friendly terms with the White again. It bodes well for the future. Working together we can ensure that the voice of reason prevails in the senate."

"How have you been since the last time we met?" He continues speaking with Decius. "I hope the fates have been kind to House Pylaeus. The Serapis latifundas have fared well enough, considering the circumstances."

It's good to see you again. I had hoped to talk to you about creating a library in the estates of your church lands as my house had some trouble in finding a suitable location after the fall of Roma to the rebels, but apparently that won't be necessary now. Even though I am not quite in the position I had during the last session, it would appear to me that I am just as busy as before. In some ways not having a senate session can actually be relaxing. I am glad that fortune shines upon my friends even in these clouded times.

*As Lazaros receives senator Pylaeus letter, he reads it carefully before tucking it in the folds of his wide robes and strolls over towards the crowd of petitioners that shows Decius presence. 'What a popular man.', Lazarus thought.*

Dear Decius, I received your Letter and here I am. I'm assured that you already have a plan or two for us and I'm eager to hear it.

Welcome, Lazaros. It is always a pleasure to meet you.

Now that we are alone, let us get straight to the point. While I'd like to leave the decision and degree of condemnation regarding the Angelodouli and their leader to everyone's individual opinion, the recent addendum by the President is worrying. As I told you last session, I despise Nikephoros Dalassenos character and personality. However, the recent developments regarding Colombo's actions and those of the new Komnenos President made me realize that they may be providing support for Sophia Angelos in order to help them in their fight against the Dalassenoi. I do not wish that we get caught up in the middle between the dynatoi, so I want you to speak your mind:

What do you make of this situation? Are the Komnenoi supporting the Angelodouli? If so, should we support the Dalassenoi in order to prevent a split of the Imperium lest its religious foundation is broken to the core? Should we support the Komnenoi to bring down the Dalassenoi to end this feud that is spilling valuable blood of Imperial officials?

The situation has me a little puzzled right now, please share your thoughts with me.

*After all this talking, Decius finally manages to grab some water to quench his thirst.*

*While speaking with Colombo, Nikephoros notices Senator Raoul going off to pray. "Sorry friend, no prayer for you right now", he thinks*
Senator Colombo, it has been... a pleasure, but I have some urgent business. I will speak with you later. surely.
*Nikephoros quickly catches up with Senator Raoul*
Senator Raoul! Ioannes! I was hoping for a word. Our houses have been ever close, great Hadrianos has been the truest friend of my ancestor Anastasios, and your kin Valerios sheltered in castle Salamis for months. He was a friend... I was deeply saddened by his death. In my opinion, our houses need to strengthen those ties. My wife, of the house Hvide, gave me a daughter not too long ago. She already shows signals of being a quite bright child. I would be honored if you agreed to betroth young Lord Raoul to her, to create strong ties again, but I will understand it if you would prefer to wait, make sure she grows comely and bright enough. However, until such time as they both reached adulthood, I would be glad if our houses can be partners in Aegean trade again, as of old. I am sure that the Raoul trade company suffered grave blows like the Salamis one- ours was completely shut down... Until now. This could prove a good source of income, if we combine our resources to work together. What say you?

Senator Andronikos Ouranos (White Demes) :

*Andronikos reads the letter sent to him with great attention, nodding to himself for self-confidence, he heads off to find Decius. Once there, he bows his head in respect to the man*

"Senator, I present myself to you as a loyal Demes member. My grandfather only spoke of the highest virtues in your regard, and assured me that you of all Senators here is the most trustworthy. You have called for me, and I come here to you to offer whatever help my grandfather would of gratefully given."

The best option would probably to bring both families down some notches, but I have no idea how we could achieve this within a realistic time frame. It would probably the best option to throw in our lot with the Dalassenoi. I have no love for this people, but at least Dalassenos had shown the willingness to work with us, although I have no doubt that he would sacrifice the whole Senate on a whim, if he sees an advantage in it. The Komenoi on the other hand have shown nothing but contempt for the senate. But if it's true that they want to forward the cause of the Angeloduli, they pose a huge threat to the Imperium and can muster a considerable power.

*Lazaros mutters something to himself before continuing.*

I think the Dalassenoi are our best chance, but one thing should be clear: If we commit to play in the game of the great houses, we need to see it through to the end. If we play our cards right, we can enhance our power considerably, as individual houses as well as the senate as a whole, but if we play it wrong, we can loose everything as well.