• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{ Okay, here's how the House Pages are going to look like - House Pylaeus.

Today I should finish uploading all of them to the Google Docs. @ThetrueColt please confirm that you have received my e-mail and you can in fact edit your House Page. }}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus (Faction Speaker of the White Demes)

The loss of Ouranos hit Decius hard. With this, his opinion of the hoi polloi reached an all-time low. The rabble will have to repent for their crimes and the ones responsible for leading the pack most of all.

There is no place for heretics in the Imperium after all, especially with the fires of purification still burning bright all over the Imperium.

{{To clarify: This was meant as Decius' thought process. I'll adopt @Attalus way of *[scope]* adressing characters from now on as my approach apparently causes issues, I'll just try to go along with it as if he said it for now.}}

Last edited:
Senator Ioannes Raoul (the Whites) :

*To the Whites*

"The solution is far from obvious to such a delicate question, I can only hope that the Holy Spirit helps us in our choice ... Moreover the last time the Imperium was threatened by an heresy inside his borders, during the Eikonomachia, it needed two councils to resolve the threat and even after the Second Ecumenical Council of Nicaea, heretics continued to rampage in the Imperium for decades ...
The situation is different in one important fact though : the Emperor supports the Holy Church ; we can hope that it will be resolved quickly. But I fear the poison of Angelina has already tainted this august assembly. The young Arrius seems too sympathetic to her cause. Pay attention my dear colleagues, at the moment he reveals himself, we should call for the Praesidium. That hoi polloi listen to the teachings of a mad woman I can understand, but I will not let a servitor of His Majesty speak of heresy within these walls"

The loss of Ouranos hit Decius hard. With this, his opinion of the hoi polloi reached an all-time low. The rabble will have to repent for their crimes and the ones responsible for leading the pack most of all.

There is no place for heretics in the Imperium after all, especially with the fires of purification still burning bright all over the Imperium.

Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)

Perhaps my warnings against the terrors of the Antártes and the necessity of action were not so unfounded during the last Deme Meeting, dear Pylaeus.

Senator David Ignacion (Unaffiliated):

A sound of leather smacking against marble is heard from the entrance of the Magnaura. A middle-aged man is hurridly rushing in, obviously late: David Ignacion.

"I do hope you'll forgive my lateness" he pants, out of breath. "A storm on my island delayed our voyage by a day and did try to hurry." He takes a seat, nervous about any foolishness he created.

{{Yeah, sorry for being late. I'll keep a closer eye on the time for now. I also noticed I didn't put my senators name in big bold. How do I do that exactly?}}

Last edited:

Perhaps my warnings against the terrors of the Antártes and the necessity of action were not so unfounded during the last Deme Meeting, dear Pylaeus.

Seeing that he was called upon by one of his demes members, Decius uses the chance to leave his most boring post at the bottom of the dais to join the whites in Magnaura.

*To the whites*

"The hoi polloi have indeed mistaken their place gravely. No one is allowed to desecrate the most holy knowledge of the Great Pandidakterion and our Imperial libraries. After what happened in Alexandria, my stance on the peasantry is that they need to be reminded of their position. All the followers of Angelodulism should be marked as the enemies of the Imperium they are and any true Roman should be free to kill any and all of them if they won't see the error of their ways."

{{ @Awesomematrix96 Just use the example Czoklet provided at the start of the session to get the formatting right. }}

Senator Philaretos Mandromenos (Red Demes):

*A demented look appears on Philaretos's face after the mention of purification by Pylaeus. The Reds would see slight resemblance to his brother Alexandros. The hoi polloi of the city would see the burning gaze of the Crusader staring at them and would shriek in fear.*

Yes. I see you understand Pylaeus, the hoi polloi are ruled by their emotions. Specifically fear. By wielding this fear as a weapon, we can crush any pathetic attempt to rebel against us. This will be even more true in two years when our organization will be whole once more. With the Reds in power, we will have our armies stronger than ever. Then we will be able to burn the heretics from this world.

Senator Jakov Desmerti

Near the end of Alexius' speech Jakov glances at a small wooden container lying next to him, the lid ajar, inside some coal, a brazier, and some skewers can be seen, as well as some unidentifiable meat. He smiles slightly at Colombo, and closes the box.

Senator Alexius Colombo (Blue Demes Speaker):

*Alexius smiles back. He writes a note down on a piece of parchment, then walks over to Jakov's seat, places the note, and leaves*

It reads:
Meet me during the Senate Recess. We have much to discuss...and share.

Vae Victus

*He then stands and begins to speak*

Aye, you were quite right Lodovico. Right as always. I'm sure your fellow Whites would agree, eh?

We did not strike fear in the hearts of the Antáres, we did not strike before they did. We must not do the same with these heretics.

Sophia must be brought here, and made an example of. Coercion in the dark will not make her rabble stand down. She will either repent in front of the world...

or suffer.

*He whispers under his breath*

"rather like Jesus Christos, and one wonders what happened to his rabble."

*A demented look appears on Philaretos's face after the mention of purification by Pylaeus. The Reds would see slight resemblance to his brother Alexandros. The hoi polloi of the city would see the burning gaze of the Crusader staring at them and would shriek in fear.*

Yes. I see you understand Pylaeus, the hoi polloi are ruled by their emotions. Specifically fear. By wielding this fear as a weapon, we can crush any pathetic attempt to rebel against us. This will be even more true in two years when our organization will be whole once more. With the Reds in power, we will have our armies stronger than ever. Then we will be able to burn the heretics from this world.

Senator Magnus Arrius (Blue Demes):
"You call the hoi polloi weak? They are ruled by fear, but that is why we should be afraid. They have tasted success, both by taking control of some regions and in the December Massacre. Our military will be able to defeat them given time, but the Imperium's enemies may not give us the chance. If the Xenoi declared war tomorrow, I have no doubt the Imperium would lose against their forces. We are still recovering from the Plague and our citizens are revolting.

How can we risk upsetting Lady Sophia's followers? She is a beacon of hope for them, and as a relative to the Augustus, she does represent the Imperium to an extent. Killing her may cause her followers to revolt, to make a martyr of her, and it would show the citizens who have faith in our Augustus that he is flawed. She was given leave. If we show the people that their wise and merciful Augustus would go back on his word to his own kin, they may lose faith."

*To the Senate*

"I agree with Senator Mandromenos. We need to get rid of all the peasant troublemakers that plague us. I trust that once the tagmata have fully recovered we can purge the impurity that tries to sully the name of the holy Autokrator nice and swiftly?"

Senator Alexius Colombo (Blue Demes Speaker):

Aye, you were quite right Lodovico. Right as always. I'm sure your fellow Whites would agree, eh?

We did not strike fear in the hearts of the Antáres, we did not strike before they did. We must not do the same with these heretics.

Sophia must be brought here, and made an example of. Coercion in the dark will not make her rabble stand down. She will either repent in front of the world...

or suffer.

*He whispers under his breath*

"rather like Jesus Christos, and one wonders what happened to his rabble."

*To the Senate*

"Sophia Angelos is part of the most noble family in existence. While her followers and methos need to be punished on our behalf because disobedience cannot be tolerated, her person can only be judged by the head of House Angelos proper, for His Imperial Majesty stands atop the ecclesiastical body and he is god's regent on earth. To try and understand the ways of the Angeloi is akin to questioning their decisions. I don't think that anyone here would dare such a thing now, would he?"

Senator Magnus Arrius (Blue Demes):
"You call the hoi polloi weak? They are ruled by fear, but that is why we should be afraid. They have tasted success, both by taking control of some regions and in the December Massacre. Our military will be able to defeat them given time, but the Imperium's enemies may not give us the chance. If the Xenoi declared war tomorrow, I have no doubt the Imperium would lose against their forces. We are still recovering from the Plague and our citizens are revolting.

How can we risk upsetting Lady Sophia's followers? She is a beacon of hope for them, and as a relative to the Augustus, she does represent the Imperium to an extent. Killing her may cause her followers to revolt, to make a martyr of her, and it would show the citizens who have faith in our Augustus that he is flawed. She was given leave. If we show the people that their wise and merciful Augustus would go back on his word to his own kin, they may lose faith."

*To the Senate*

"I agree with Senator Arrius position regarding the person of Sophia Angelos. However, her, the movement and the hoi polloi are a different matter. If we do not strike them down once and for all now, how can we expect to combat our exterior foes in the future, if our homes are not safe? It should be up to a synod to decide what to make of her ideological teachings, but is our god-given duty to uproot and decimate all and any armed resistance to His Imperial Majesty."

Senator David Ignacion (Unaffiliated):

As he is steadily settling in, listening to the debate, he suddenly remembers something: His oath!

"Before I enter the debates though..." He clears his throat and kneels, reciting the following: "I do swear in the name of the Holy and Indivisible Trinity to perform my duties to the Throne diligently and conscientiously, to devote all my effort to serve His Imperial Majesty with counsel and to observe the laws of the Imperium Romanum. So help me Saint Markos.”

He stands up and retakes his seat, worried about the renewed glares he was likely to earn with the gesture.

*To the whites*

"The hoi polloi have indeed mistaken their place gravely. No one is allowed to desecrate the most holy knowledge of the Great Pandidakterion and our Imperial libraries. After what happened in Alexandria, my stance on the peasantry is that they need to be reminded of their position. All the followers of Angelodulism should be marked as the enemies of the Imperium they are and any true Roman should be free to kill any and all of them if they won't see the error of their ways."

Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos

Do you really think that is wise, dear Decius? I can understand your anger about the destruction of knowledge. I've seen Constantinople itself burn in rebellion three times in my life by now and at no time was it easy on the treasures of the queen of cities, material and immaterial alike. But can we really risk intensifying the civil war? But even if, by gods grace, no such thing would happen, there would be any resemblence of order lost in the empire. If everyone can kill his next, for if we mark the Angeloduli as free to kill, many people will use the chance to settle some open bills by accusation, as baseless as they might be.

Do you really think that is wise, dear Decius? I can understand your anger about the destruction of knowledge. I've seen Constantinople itself burn in rebellion three times in my life by now and at no time was it easy on the treasures of the queen of cities, material and immaterial alike. But can we really risk intensifying the civil war? But even if, by gods grace, no such thing would happen, there would be any resemblence of order lost in the empire. If everyone can kill his next, for if we mark the Angeloduli as free to kill, many people will use the chance to settle some open bills by accusation, as baseless as they might be.

The Angelodouloi have attacked and destroyed on their own accord. They will continue to do so if we don't stop them. We don't declare open season of the heretics, but we do send in the Army to Purge and Burn until all of the scum repent and return or die. Personally, I wouldn't mind another December Massacre in the rouge provinces. I saw the effectiveness of the Massacre with my own two eyes, I participated after all.

Senator Nikephoros IV Salamis (Blue Demes):
*Nikephoros looks with disgust at his fellow Blue Demes, Arrius and Colombo*
I agree with Vice P... Senator Pylaeus. Mutilating and killing Lady Sophia is foolish, the great amount of people she managed to... charm will surely martyrise her. If her organized league of fanatics were to revolt against the crown... Well, it could go bad for us. Especially with our currently demorlized army and the blood thirsty hordes of barbarians and demon worshippers all around us.
Senator Mandromenos, do you really think our army could handle even more well-organized rebelling scum? I would think a Red Senator would know. As an officer of the army, I could tell you that the answer to my question is no.
And Senator Arrius, aye, you show a suspicious... Is it good will, or liking, towards this new sect? I do wonder. It is cold outside, a fire would be welcome. The stench though... And the dishonor it would bring upon your great house... I would tread carefully, Arrius.

*To the Senate*

After all the horrors that I have seen, I do not think that the rebellions can possibly become worse. The vicious scourge that emerged from among us can only be stopped if it is encountered without mercy wherever we find it. My family is sworn to the protection of every and all knowledge at our disposal, if you ask me or any member of my house, a burning library is among the gravest sins one can commit against the Imperium. And since people tend to grow back a lot more rapidly than elaborate works of literacy, the answer is very clear to me.

I never told you about the casualties my house caused by protecting the Pandidakterion and the libraries, I guess? The number is not in the hundreds, more than a thousand would-be book-burners fell to the arms of myself and my guards. The task may well be insurmountable, since the City Guard and other Imperial forces have their priorities somewhere else entirely, as it seems. Still our watch shall see no end.

Also, if the decades of slaughter have shown us anything, it would be that people already kill each other on the grounds of baseless accusations. The most recent version would be....ah yes, the support of certain dynatoi families. Surely the esteemed President Komnenos can share his most noble wisdom regarding the mysterious deaths of high Imperial officials such as the former Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople with us? {{ @CzokletMuss }}

My friend Melissenos, gold can be found, humans are born, but the wisdom of more than a millenium cannot be replaced, ever. If we give in to the hoi polloi now, we might lose our identity, and our ideals as well as our most valuable sources of information. Even if we could avert the immediate crisis like this, if we lose more and more land in the following wars against the soulless, it will be because we lost everything we stand for today. And I will not stand to see this happen.

Of course, we cannot succumb to blind rage. As I have said before, killing Sophia Angelos should be out of the question. Her followers are another deal enitrely, though. I wonder how the Angelod. would judge her head figurine if she proved unable to protect her flock from harm, all while she is safe and sound?

Reactions: