• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh great, Hannibal Lectorism is contagious.

Remind me to not let Belissarios near you. Ever.

Yay my character was accepted ! For the first time the Raoul family will not affiliate with the Blues (you need some change from time to times, and I wanted to have a zaelous monk in charge for this Session :p )

Talk about the perfect time for the forum notifications to go bonkers on me. The new chapter is out and what a Halloween update it indeed is.

So now Leon survived another riot AND the december massacre? I'm just imagining him going out to check his mail while an imperial soldier and a peasant are stabbing each other to death on his front lawn, and not even noticing them anymore.

Decius would like to have a word with you, with Ouranos gone there is just the two of us left. We need to stick together :)

Yay my character was accepted ! For the first time the Raoul family will not affiliate with the Blues (you need some change from time to times, and I wanted to have a zaelous monk in charge for this Session :p )

A white Raoul? Oh my...

--

I for one am glad that Larissa and Thessaly are still save (as in: Not overrun by peasants, not covered in severe heresy and not yet fallen to the Sky-worshippers/Soul-Eaters).

The Session starts today, correct?

Indeed, if my calculations are correct... in about five hours. Ish.

I may be wrong, time zones are a pain sometims.

Calculating my time zone is simple. Take the time Czoklet posts and just minus 1 hour.

So no faction meetings before the session? Then the divisions within the Demes may be greater than the differences between them. I don't really see the issue of trial versus synod be tied to any of the Demes' interests, except for the old stereotype that the Whites are reactionary and the Blues are liberal. There could be hardliners and softies in any of the Demes depending a lot on their own personal inclinations. For example it's likely the White Demes is against the gnostic heresy, but some may believe that they can be reasoned with and converted, while others may believe the angelodulists must be purged with fire and sword.

IMPORTANT

The Session opening will probably be delayed by 2 hours (that is it will start at 23:00 today) because I've just got back from the cemetary and I need more time to finish the Diarium and House pages, approve all new characters etc.

Reactions:
Calculating my time zone is simple. Take the time Czoklet posts and just minus 1 hour.

Well I live in the US, which is where things get complicated for me. I have to subtract down to GMT then subtract 5.

I believe this means it now starts at 5:00 pm EST, and if I am wrong please correct me. I am not missing this.

Well I live in the US, which is where things get complicated for me. I have to subtract down to GMT then subtract 5.

I believe this means it now starts at 5:00 pm EST, and if I am wrong please correct me. I am not missing this.

Eastern or Central Time Zone (remember Daylight Savings messes things up) I live in CST and the fun starts at 5 for me because we are 5 hours behind GMT and 6 hours behind stronk relevent Polan Tiem. But after next Sunday DST ends so I will be 7 hours behind Warsaw.

You can use one of the dozens of time zone converters (like this one).

Reactions:
Or simply join us in the great CET! It would make things so much easier. For us at least. ;)

Ugh... I just got back from vacation I might not be in this session yet lads I need some recovery. I'll try to throw something together but I have work, and homework to consider.

Edit: Just realized that the character I wanted to use after Nonamark is a wee bit too young to join in the senate yet so I may have to ask for a pardon of youth.

Edit 2: I changed my mind disregard the above

Last edited:
You can use one of the dozens of time zone converters (like this one).

Ah thanks for that. Turns out I forgot about DST being extended in glorious Americaland.

So 6:00 EDT. So two hours, ish.

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #25

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate, kephalos of Paphlagonia and archon of Sinope, strategos Isaakios Komnenos hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Flavius of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  2. senator Andronikos of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  3. senator Ioannes of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  4. senator Magnus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  5. senator Marcus of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  6. senator Philaretos of the noble House MANDROMENOS (played by: Mach Twelve)

2) that the following noble Houses and their delegates have joined the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Jakov of the noble House ZETSMRTI (played by: Jericho Roker)
  2. senator Theon of the noble House MUZAKA (played by: Rascar Capac)
  3. senator David of the noble House IGNACION (played by: Awesomematrix96)
  4. senator Belissarios of the noble House LEONIDOS (played by: RedInc)

3) that as of this moment the Imperial Senate consists of 28 Senators as per the Album Senatorium:
  1. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  3. senator Andronikos of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  4. senator Lodovico of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  5. senator Philaretos of the noble House MANDROMENOS (played by: Mach Twelve)
  6. senator Lazaros of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  7. senator Marcus of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  8. senator Leon of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. senator Petrus of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  10. senator Alexios of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  11. senator Ioannes of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  12. senator Magnus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  13. senator Harun of the noble House AL-ASKARI (played by: bigseb31213)
  14. senator Marius of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  15. senator Alexios of the noble House ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  16. senator Nikephoros of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  17. senator Donasien of the noble House DE LA LUMIERE (played by: Tecumseh23)
  18. senator Markos of the noble House VON HABSBURG (played by: GulMacet)
  19. senator Flavius of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  20. senator Kastor of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  21. senator Absalon of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. senator Alexios of the noble House VON HOHENZOLLERN (played by: zenphoenix)
  23. senator Banoub of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
  24. senator Dooley of the noble House AZIZID (played by: TurtleShroom)
  25. senator Jakov of the noble House ZETSMRTI (played by: Jericho Roker)
  26. senator Theon of the noble House MUZAKA (played by: Rascar Capac)
  27. senator David of the noble House IGNACION (played by: Awesomematrix96)
  28. senator Belissarios of the noble House LEONIDOS (played by: RedInc)

3) that the following law regarding the Imperial Senate has been issued by His Imperial Majesty:
His Imperial Majesty Theodoros I Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom reforms the Senatus Imperialis, hereby issues

Edictum de novatio de Edictum Senatum Imperialis
amending Edictum Senatum Imperialis issued by His Imperial Majesty Basileios III Angelos on 20 December Anno Domini 1549 in order to further reform this august body so that it could better serve God's Regent on Earth and thus the Imperium.
Signed on 19 June Anno Domini 1564​

Edictum Senatum Imperialis is hereby amended as follows:

(1) in Article 1 paragraph 1 is replaced by the following:
1. The Senate consists of 28 delegates of the Noble Houses.

(2) in Article 8 the following paragraph is added:
4. A Senator shall not be executed without the consent of the Praesidium of the Senate, unless he was sentenced to death by His Imperial Majesty or by the Tribunal.

(3) in Article 14 paragraph 1 is replaced by the following:
1. The President of the Senate presides over the debates of the Senate and represents the Senate in external matters.

(4) in Article 15 the paragraphs 2 is removed;

(5) in Article 16 the paragraphs 4 and 5 are removed;

(6) the following articles are inserted after Article 16:
Article 16a – Vicepresident of the Senate
1. Speaker of the dominant Faction is given a title of Vicepresident of the Senate.
2. The President may delegate some of his responsibilities to the Vicepresident.
3. If the President is temporarily unable to discharge the duties of his office, the Vicepresident shall temporarily assume the duties of the President of the Senate.

Article 16b – Praesidium of the Senate
1. The Praesidium of the Senate safeguards the rights of the Senate and ensures order and decorum during the Sessions of the Senate with help of the Imperial Senate Guard.
2. The Praesidium is composed of the President and Speakers.
3. The Praesidium makes decision by way of a majority vote.
4. The President has veto power regarding decisions of the Praesidium.
5. A member of the Praesidium shall be neither detained nor arrested, except for cases in which it was ordered by His Imperial Majesty or when he has been apprehended in the commission of an offence.
(7) in Article 20 paragraph 2 is replaced by the following:
2. The debate lasts at least 48 hours.

(8) in Article 40 the following paragraphs are added:
7. The Tribunal may sentence a Senator to death in case of flagrant violation of the law.
8. A Senator has a right to appeal from ruling of the Tribunal to the Eparchos of Konstantinoupolis.
9. A Senator may be denied the right to appeal by the decision of the Praesidium.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Isaakios Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dalassenos kept his promise, now we'll have to see what will be the price for these changes.
8. A Senator has a right to appeal from ruling of the Tribunal to the Eparchos of Konstantinoupolis.
Doesn't it mean that the Senatorial Tribunal will be nearly worthless and you'll have to decide in the end ? I can see how it could be used if a player faces a kangaroo court but I hope the ones condemned won't always ask for this :p

Reactions:
Oops, I posted the wrong version - it should be:

(8) in Article 40 the following paragraphs are added:
7. The Tribunal may sentence a Senator to death in case of flagrant violation of the law.
9. A Senator may be denied the right to appeal by the decision of the Praesidium.

Edit: fixed.

Edit2: The changes to the Rules will be made on the first page probably tomorrow, right now I'm finishing the opening of the Session. Also the House pages should be finished today - right now they won't be editable but I'll send an e-mail to every player so that you may edit your page.