• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe. But we only heard the official story, gained by torture from the various members of the Angelodulist sect, who each have their own view perspective. Also the Synod is a place for theological discussion, right? So maybe Sophia could be persuaded (or "persuaded") to renounce those of her doctrines which are most sticking out, in exchange for pardon (+some honorary post or other small concession from the official faith).

The Synod would be such a place for theological debate, but the Lightbringer has been very forward in gaining followers and has amassed a private army in the Anatolia Coast and Aepygtus. She may be too powerful and too zealous to reason with. We may invite her lieutenants to the synod to advocate their reforms on her behalf, but the Lightbringer herself is likely too far gone. Even if her beliefs are declared orthodox, by seizing power and passing laws, she has infringed on the rights of the Emperor and the Senate, which she will need to be called account for.

The thing is, can we risk something other than achieving an settlement? The Empire already is down and now risking a full blown internal religious war? If this continues, the Xenoi and the Hordes only have to take ownership of the burned and depopulated imperial lands without any fighting at all...

Also, the Angelinas troops are probably much more organized than the loyal ones at the moment...

Reactions:
Well I have just sent in my new character bio. Here is to a new character who actually survives more than one session. :D

The thing is, can we risk something other than achieving an settlement? The Empire already is down and now risking a full blown internal religious war? If this continues, the Xenoi and the Hordes only have to take ownership of the burned and depopulated imperial lands without any fighting at all...

Also, the Angelinas troops are probably much more organized than the loyal ones at the moment...
The Imperium cannot take Angelina on. Taurica is collapsing, Moldau is being fed to the mongols, and Aquitaine is no longer under our firm control.

Last edited:

On one hand we have the threat of a religious war that will cause the Imperium to implode, but on the other side, what will the other heterodox believers think if we simply cave to the influence of the heretics, even if their leader is a Angeloi. We can't let every peasant with dreams of grandeur think that he can make the Imperium bend its knee to him simply because he demands it. The people serve the Imperium, not the other way around! We need to make a stand here and now to prevent this madness from growing any further. We may accept the teachings of the Angel-slaves, we may pass some reforms to pacify their followers, until we repeal them later of course, but the leader of this heresy, this Angelina the Lightbringer must be ended to send a message to the other would-be reformers that they would invite their own doom to think that they can jump out of line. We compromise to the Angeloduoloi to prevent another rebellion but we imprison their leader until the time when we can purify her by the flame to save her immortal human soul that will be judged by the Lord, the world's creator, upon her death.

So basically we must first choose if we support trial or synod, then if we want the Italians there? Or can we, for whatever reason, vote for other 'combinations'?
Edit: I JUST REALIZED SOMTHING. From the 3rd-7th next week I'll be absent and not able to access the computer. I guess that the session will continue in those dates and there's no way to postpone it to next sunday?}}
Yup. You may but I see no reason why would you do such thing :p
The Session starts tomorrow and lasts until 3 November, so it won't be a problem.
@CzokletMuss
1. How does this heresy actually spread? Is it only per event, because I didn't see any centers of reformation in the screeshots (although it would be cool). And have the other orthodox nations the ability to follow this new faith or is it Imperium only?

2. From a pure gameplay perspective, what options do we actually have considering the new religion? Do we only have the choice between adopting or fighting it or is there a middle way, that for example pushes our Tolerance of Heretics in the positives so a coexistence is possible?
1. Events. Yes, they will.
2. From purely mechanical perspective you can either have some religion as your state religion or not. Middle ground is achievable by triggered modifiers for example.
I am not sure if I will be able to send my character today before leaving for travel but be sure I´ll do it tomorrow whatever happens.
Is there any problem with this?
EDIT: I could send you the character now and let the bio for tomorrow if it is OK...
No problem :)
On one hand we have the threat of a religious war that will cause the Imperium to implode, but on the other side, what will the other heterodox believers think if we simply cave to the influence of the heretics, even if their leader is a Angeloi. We can't let every peasant with dreams of grandeur think that he can make the Imperium bend its knee to him simply because he demands it. The people serve the Imperium, not the other way around! We need to make a stand here and now to prevent this madness from growing any further. We may accept the teachings of the Angel-slaves, we may pass some reforms to pacify their followers, until we repeal them later of course, but the leader of this heresy, this Angelina the Lightbringer must be ended to send a message to the other would-be reformers that they would invite their own doom to think that they can jump out of line. We compromise to the Angeloduoloi to prevent another rebellion but we imprison their leader until the time when we can purify her by the flame to save her immortal human soul that will be judged by the Lord, the world's creator, upon her death.
Just reminding - no role-playing while the Senate is not in session or when there is no Faction Meeting. It seems like you are talking from your character's perspective, so please keep it in mind.

Also to give you something to discuss before I post Diarium with new characters:

YbjjnuQ.jpg

Sorry for not responding to all comments but I'm tired, if you want to ask about something please tag me in your post, I should not miss that.

Last edited:
Reactions:
At this rate Czoklet's empire is looking more and more like the Golden Horde in one of the more impressive EU3 AARs "Rebels without a pause".
Indeed, at this point, the only salvation I can see is having Hordes and Xenoi attacking, and the invaders and rebels killing each other whole the army is slowly rebuilt in Greece...

Referencing this by any chance?

Methinks that if we do have a Red Wedding situation, it'll play out like this:

Angelina is in Constantinople, either willingly or unwillingly.

The Senators will be debating the merits of her views, potential compromises, etc, etc.

Then, all the Senators who have been vehemently against any compromise with Angelina get letters telling them to all go to one corner.

Suddenly, on the balcony, crossbowmen appear and slaughter every Senator who supported compromise, or god forbid, agreed with Angelina on anything.

The Emperor will then have Angelina killed, and this insignificant rebellion crushed.

Reactions:
Okay, there are more submissions than I thought so I'll have to postpone Diarium with new characters and announcement concerning changed rules to tomorrow.

In the meantime you can take a look at the unofficial version of Album Senatorium* using the (The Imperial Senate) link in my signature.

*The official one is the one published in Diarium or available on the first pafe of the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions:
So now Leon survived another riot AND the december massacre? I'm just imagining him going out to check his mail while an imperial soldier and a peasant are stabbing each other to death on his front lawn, and not even noticing them anymore.

Reactions:
Methinks that if we do have a Red Wedding situation, it'll play out like this:
Angelina is in Constantinople, either willingly or unwillingly.
The Senators will be debating the merits of her views, potential compromises, etc, etc.
Then, all the Senators who have been vehemently against any compromise with Angelina get letters telling them to all go to one corner.
Suddenly, on the balcony, crossbowmen appear and slaughter every Senator who supported compromise, or god forbid, agreed with Angelina on anything.
The Emperor will then have Angelina killed, and this insignificant rebellion crushed.
It would be horrible if something like this happened, wouldn't it?
jb9zm9d.jpg

Reactions:
So now Leon survived another riot AND the december massacre? I'm just imagining him going out to check his mail while an imperial soldier and a peasant are stabbing each other to death on his front lawn, and not even noticing them anymore.
Welcome to the club. By now my senator has seen three massive riots in and reconquests of the city!

Reactions:
One more thing - if anyone is looking for an inspiration regarding seat of your House or name of tagma or something akin to this I suggest you use this as a reference:

Byzantine_Empire_Themes_1025-en.svg

Reactions:
One more thing - if anyone is looking for an inspiration regarding seat of your House or name of tagma or something akin to this I suggest you use this as a reference:

Byzantine_Empire_Themes_1025-en.svg

Are these the borders of the Empire after the next chapter? :p

That map reminds me of when I used to think I would join. Good times. Foolish times, but good nonetheless.

It would be horrible if something like this happened, wouldn't it?
This just reminded me that there never was a Jan Hus in this world. Which means the trick of inviting the rabble-rouser heretic leader to a concile to "calmly discuss matters in presence of the Emperor", after Emperor offered her safe-conduct, can work wonders :p

Reactions: