• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may have, in my overexcitement, sent my character before the Album Senatorium was released. Should I panic in that situation?

A furore Czoklet libera nos, Domine

I'll post a more lengthy response when I'm not on phone but I think I speak for everyone here with this response:

http://imgur.com/cMWalaa

Reactions:
I panicked much before that. The Great Library of Alexandria burned, AGAIN?! Until then I was thinking of making my senator part of Angelodulism, but not if its going to extend the dark ages a couple of centuries more.

Oh, and those rebels and patriots are pretty bad too.

Reactions:
I may have, in my overexcitement, sent my character before the Album Senatorium was released. Should I panic in that situation?

Probably not, Czo is in bed (about 3-4 AM Polan time) and he posted the Album shortly after that, he won't read it until tomorrow.

Duilius died! Welp... he survived the Plague, so I can't be too upset he died to peasants. These peasants are really hurting the Imperium, but at least the Black Death is over. I'm still confident Czoklet can fix things (assuming we don't doom him).

Speaking of dooming the Imperium... Sophia the Lightbringer. So now we're Game of Thrones meets Warhammer 40K. Got to say, this 'heresy' sounds really interesting. All people are equal, but the Augustus might still be higher on the totem. Communism with a king. It certainly sounds fun. I'm sure there are unknown consequences if we convert to it though. Still... Sophia the Lightbringer sounds really cool, especially in this dark world. :D Now we just need an emperor named Stannis.

Reactions:
Die, I say, Die for the Imperium Taurinus. Your noble sacrifice for the good of the Imperium will be remembered.

Oh but plan A for the defense will be to toss a Mad Mandromenos at the Horde, we'll convince them that they don't want to invade Roman lands for risk of being infected by the Madness.
Plan B will be to send the Mongol bishop out to the Khan and let him give it a swing.
Plan C will be send out the Heretic Princess to try to convert the Mongols
If none of those plans work I'll just keep sending out Blue senators to the Khan until he gets his fill of dead Romans and goes home.

But really I feel sorry for the Wedrovanders since if I'm not mistaken they've had two senators in a row die violent deaths. pretty bad luck.​

Oh but plan A for the defense will be to toss a Mad Mandromenos at the Horde, we'll convince them that they don't want to invade Roman lands for risk of being infected by the Madness.​

Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but the only adult Mandromenos alive is quite sane. And his children are only toddlers...

I never though there would be a AAR so good it would induce me to create a account. I LURK NO MORE! I am here to join the madness, and I'll have a senator soon. Perhaps a lowly arastoi from a tiny peninsula with a gift for gold...

I never though there would be a AAR so good it would induce me to create a account. I LURK NO MORE! I am here to join the madness, and I'll have a senator soon. Perhaps a lowly arastoi from a tiny peninsula with a gift for gold...

Welcome to the Madness. You should have stayed in the Peninsula.

Damn it, I even intended to move my character to Cyprus. Seriously the Mojmirid family is having some serious issues keeping their leaders alive. Back to work on making a new character. :mad:

Don't worry, did the same. We can panic together.

I hope we can vote on Angelodouloi gate in the next Session :p
I know on which side I would be for sure but it would prove to be an interesting debate.

Also just had a thought : maybe the narrator is lying about what is preaching Angelina :eek: (it would not be the first time that Czoklet would do that :p )

Reactions:
Wow, what a chapter. There really is no breathing space for empire at all. Rebels, defecting provinces, rebels, attacking enemies, rebels, heretical teachings and some rebels in all of this. Kudos for continuing playing and for writing so superb about it, Czoklet!

There, having mastered trivium and quadrivium like all other dynatoi noblewomen, she studied law, theology and medicine.
That's... impressively progressive for the Imperium. :D

Also, poor Iskandar, the guy was past his 80s and he gets brutally murdered by peasants during the riots, after surviving the plague no less.

Least I know which heir will be hating on peasants and everything to do with them, including very much so Angelina and her heresy.
You should do like the Melissenos, if living in Constantinople: Fortify your estate in a way, that it would need siege-equipment to brake down the doors, employ a ton of guards and store provisions for a few months. Or live somewhere else were it's more save. Like a deeeep hole in the ground. Exzept than you would get attacked by the mole people, so there's that.

I know on which side I would be for sure but it would prove to be an interesting debate.

Also just had a thought : maybe the narrator is lying about what is preaching Angelina :eek: (it would not be the first time that Czoklet would do that :p )
Which would be a nice real live parallel, where for example the cathar teachings are mostly known from the writings of the inquisitors and while most interrogations were done without torture (which is self evident considering the fact that in some regions of south france, every single person was questioned, leading to stacks of tens of thousands of protocols), the inquisition often used leading questions and since if you repent you mostly got away, people were often likely to say what the inquisition wanted to hear. Which leads to a problem for historians when they want to know more about some heresies. There is even a branch of historians who argue, that there wasn't any catharism at all except in inquisitonal writings.

Well that is a good point.

What we surely know is that it increases tolerance and lowers missionary str, so saying it is Gnostism may be trash talking.

Well we didn't lose Italy.

Yet.

The anti-usury/business aspect of the Angelodulists is an interesting inversion to OTL's bourgeois Protestantism, it surprises me that Venice of all cities would be attracted to it. I imagine the Blues will be quite adamant advocates against the Angeloduli.