• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to hear, I'm watching college football (American) over here in the US, lots of good games today. Playing an Ironman trial game in CK2 during commercials.
That must be loooong commercials!

Reactions:
That must be loooong commercials!

I agree the commercials are unacceptably long. The game lasted about 3.5 hours, had about an hour of commercials. Got through about three rulers in one football game alone. But my team won and I got enough land to create the kingdom, so it was productive.

Whew, glad that my absence from this page had not resulted in me missing a Senate Session.

Glad to hear it :)

In case anyone is wondering - no update tonight, we had parliamentary elections in Poland today and I'm currently discussing the preliminary results with family.

Reactions:
Glad to hear it :)

In case anyone is wondering - no update tonight, we had parliamentary elections in Poland today and I'm currently discussing the preliminary results with family.
That sounds... actionpacked? :D

For the first time in history of Polish democracy after 1989 one party will be able to form cabinet alone, without need to form coalition. The previous ruling party got completely destroyed and party which was in opposition for 8 years got >50% of all the seats in Sejm. Plus there is not a single left party in parliament now and two new parties entered Sejm. Here are the results from exit-polls.

All in all, very exciting election! But let's not derail the thread.

Reactions:
When can we expect an update? I am sorry if asking that isn't polite, but I have been checking this forum a lot of times a day, hoping, that next chapter is out. And about the off-top - I think ISF could use some kind of chat or board, on which everyone could discuss the less important things, while this thread would be reserved for important things.

Chapter will be out when I'm satisfied with it, that's the only honest answer I can give you :)

As for the chat - perhaps I could start an ISF Off-topic thread in the Off-topic subforum? What do you think?

Reactions:
I'd actually be opposed to that. You don't want the thread to be totally dormant except for updates and sessions. That'll slowly kill the AAR over time, with people either forgetting or losing interest due to the lack of "stuff" going on in the thread.

Reactions:
The conversation in this thread can be pretty interesting to read over so I say keep it all here.

By the way, would you still recommend "Purple Phoenix Arises" as a mod for a Byzantine/Roman Empire game in EU4? Does it need much work to make it usable? Any other mods you'd recommend?

The conversation in this thread can be pretty interesting to read over so I say keep it all here.

By the way, would you still recommend "Purple Phoenix Arises" as a mod for a Byzantine/Roman Empire game in EU4? Does it need much work to make it usable? Any other mods you'd recommend?
Honestly I can't tell, I know PPA was updated some time ago but I spent a lot of time messing around with it and to be honest I'm not so sure it's that good of a mod (I'm talking about the old version mind you). It gives too much bonuses for my taste. On the other hand I haven't played the new version, so I may be totally wrong.

Other mods I use and can recommend are Tooltip Font Mod (bigger font), Thick Borders (self-explanatory, makes map much clearer IMHO) and Unit Packs Extended Lite (uses files from graphic DLCs to give more unique look to dozens of tags).

Reactions:
Isn't that what every Byzantium-player in this forum except you want? :D

Don't forget the mod that adds a group of crazy senators who bicker, argue, spout madness, heresy and waste the Imperium's time and money.

Does that include future crazy senators who bicker, argue, spout madness, heresy and waste the Imperium's time and money? Cos I'm hopefully gonna be one.

Reactions:
Does that include future crazy senators who bicker, argue, spout madness, heresy and waste the Imperium's time and money? Cos I'm hopefully gonna be one.
Of course there will always be more room for additionally crazy senators and the only way for the Emperor to keep the madness levels down will be to regularly purge and execute senators.

Of course there will always be more room for additionally crazy senators and the only way for the Emperor to keep the madness levels down will be to regularly purge and execute senators.

purge and execute senators.

You had to say it, I just managed to back away from the edge and you had to say the p-word out loud...

Very well, if it's madness you want, its madness you're gonna get.

Of course we are going to purge the other senators, they are dirty with heresy and treason. And the only fix is purification by fire.

You had to say it, I just managed to back away from the edge and you had to say the p-word out loud...

Very well, if it's madness you want, its madness you're gonna get.

Of course we are going to purge the other senators, they are dirty with heresy and treason. And the only fix is purification by fire.
tumblr_inline_nw6mttTVtr1tnu4nf_500.gif

I unleashed the madness again...quickly to the mongol infested Taurinus bunker!

Just imagine instead of a doom value or reformation desire it will be a Madness meter for the senate. The higher you let it go the more madness events you get, senate costs more, manpower needs to be diverted to the senator's large ensembles of guards, eventually regiments of republic rebels will rise up at random to overthrow the Emperor and the only way to stop it will be to regularly kill off senators. :)