• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{ By the way, if anyone thinks that prejudice against Mongols in the Imperium is baseless than you should check this out:

3TOMPor.jpg

In an Orthodox province nonetheless - it seems that the whole diocese has rebelled, @TurtleShroom :p }}

Reactions:
{{ By the way, if anyone thinks that prejudice against Mongols in the Imperium is baseless than you should check this out:

3TOMPor.jpg

In an Orthodox province nonetheless - it seems that the whole diocese has rebelled, @TurtleShroom :p }}

{{Everyone is rebelling in some form or another these days}}

{{Surprised we don't have Greek Patriots Rebelling to form Greece... I mean we got everything else}}

Reactions:
SIXTH SENATE SESSION - RESULTS

lYLKoiY.jpg

IIllustrious Acting and Interim President of the Imperial Senate Decius Pylaeus hereby announces that

THE VOTING HAS ENDED

IIllustrious Acting and Interim President of the Imperial Senate Decius Pylaeus hereby announces that the quorum has been reached and that the noble Senators voted as follows:

SENATUS CONSULTUM
(1) Reform of the imperial administration (National Focus)
  • Votes „AYE”: 16
  • Votes „NAY”: 2
The Imperial Senate PASSED the bill.

RESOLUTIONS
(2) Imperial Navy – mothballing all fleets (budget )
  • Votes „AYE”: 18
  • Votes „NAY”: 0

(3) Exarchates – raising tariffs (subjects)

(4) Expropriation of the Jews (decision)
  • Votes „AYE”: 5
  • Votes „NAY”: 13
The Imperial Senate DID NOT PASS the bill.

(5) Enlisting privateers (decision)
  • Votes „AYE”: 16
  • Votes „NAY”: 2

(6) Seizure of lands of the Holy Church (decision)
  • Votes „AYE”: 8
  • Votes „NAY”: 10

POLICIES (VANILLA)
(7) Provincial taxation system
The Imperial Senate ENACTED the policy.

(8) Lex foveretur Production Commercia
  • Votes „FOR”: 15
  • Votes „AGAINST”: 3

(9) The Naval School Act
  • Votes „FOR”: 0
  • Votes „AGAINST”: 18
The Imperial Senate DID NOT ENACT the policy.

(10) Streamlined Galley Production
  • Votes „FOR”: 1
  • Votes „AGAINST”: 17

SENATE POLICY
(11) Lex Colombo (+15% Trade Efficiency, -10% Army Maintenance
  • Votes „FOR”: 18
  • Votes „AGAINST”: 0

H3bbidK.jpg

{{ Results of the voting available online here on Google Doc. }}

IIllustrious Acting and Interim President of the Imperial Senate Decius Pylaeus hereby announces that as the result of this Session

NO FACTION BECAME DOMINANT

Both White Demes and Blue Demes gain 50 influence.

THIS CONCLUDES THE SIXTH SENATE SESSION

Reactions:
(4) Expropriation of the Jews (decision)
  • Votes „AYE”: 5
  • Votes „NAY”: 13

(6) Seizure of lands of the Holy Church (decision)
  • Votes „AYE”: 8
  • Votes „NAY”: 10

Well... no extra money for the imperial coffers. But then, no direct ill impacts either. Ahhh you will be fine...

So... we just doomed the Imperium by not forcing the Jews out or taking the Church's land, didn't we?

Special meeting of the White Demes

8XYbYKv.jpg[

2 January 1560
Tower of Demetrios, Palace of Megas Domestikos, Konstantinoupolis

Kentarchos Nokas, now wearing armor of the Varangian Guard, opens heavy door and you enter the chamber. Immediately you notice that you are not alone – there are four Varangians in the room, assigned as personal guards of the Megas Domestikos. The room itself is almost completely devoid of decorations. Bright squares on the walls suggest that once the chamber was adorned with paintings, today however save for expensive furniture there is no trace left of any piece of art. Several paces from the entrance five armchairs await you, placed before the huge mahogany table on which silver plates with tasty looking meals and golden chalices are placed. However your attention is caught by a small wodden box which lies on the other side of the table. Behind the desk is a curule seat made of ivory, with curved legs forming a wide „X” with no back and low arms. Further away from the entrance behind the curule seat there is a window on an eastern wall. A man stands next to it, with his back covered by ceremonial red chlamys – a long cloak worn by Romans for centuries – and arms folded behind his back. When the man heards the door open, he turns around.

- Welcome, senators, welcome!

With wide smile Dalassenos approaches you slowly. He wears a ceremonial klivanion – lamellar cuirass made of metal plates – under which the bottom of a short tunic appears as a skirt, overlaid with a fringe of leather straps. Similiar strips cover the upper arms of Megas Domestikos. You welcome this change of apparel, not only because it's a symbol of new position of Dalassenos but also because you still remember the bloody stains on white silk robes of the President of the Senate. Nikephoros stops behind his desk.

6QazU9C.jpg

eJY1eYc.jpg

He seats on curule chair and looks at you.

- Please, take a seat. Do you want something to drink? Wine perhaps? It is a little early but we have a lot to celebrate.

Nikephoros puts his left hand on a small box and shows his white teeth.

- And a lot to discuss. But let's start with the Senate – how do you find the results of this session?

Kentarchos Nokas closes the heavy door leading to the chamber.

Senator "Lazaros II." Melissenos

*Lazaros is again wearing wide robes and a veil that hides his reaction on the presence of Dalassenos. With slow, elegant strides he walks over to the table and takes one of the seats while taking a glance at the presented drinks and meals without touching any of them.*

Telling in some respects. It seems that this Senate has a high regard for personal property. The Arestoi of the Senate that is.

Senator Decius Pylaeus (Acting President of the Imperial Senate):

Decius arrives at the chamber, carefully studying his surroundings, wearing the very same attire he chose for the faction meeting. There are still a lot of things he'll have to get used to.

"Megas Domestikos! It is a privilege and an honour to meet you again so soon. After this... rather unique session, I shall accept a glass of Wine to celebrate our accomplishments. I think the results are quite favorable for the white demes and the Imperium at large. The white demes was able to convince the rest of the senate to take appropriate measures to balance the budget without further escalation of the unrest that dwells even in the Queen of Cities."

Decius looks out of the window, small faints of smoke are still visible above some parts of the capital.

"Furthermore, the conceived policy provides the best immediate boost to our income. For the first time in a very long time, we were able to achieve unity regarding our proposal, something that was surely caused by the wise counsel provided by both Presidents of the senate and the faction in power."

Decius smiles at Dalassenos.

Occupying another one of the armchairs and taking a sip from his glass, he says:

"I am quite curious about the other matters that we are to discuss? Shall we wait until we are all assembled or do you want to foreshadow some of what is to come?"

Megas Domestikos Nikephoros Dalassenos:

I think the results are quite favorable for the white demes and the Imperium at large. The white demes was able to convince the rest of the senate to take appropriate measures to balance the budget without further escalation of the unrest that dwells even in the Queen of Cities."

Decius looks out of the window, small faints of smoke are still visible above some parts of the capital.

"Furthermore, the conceived policy provides the best immediate boost to our income. For the first time in a very long time, we were able to achieve unity regarding our proposal, something that was surely caused by the wise counsel provided by both Presidents of the senate and the faction in power."
Dalassenos nods towards Pylaeus.

- Yes, I've heard the news from Magnaura - you've done well. Shame that the bills concerning Our Mother the Holy Church and the Jewry didn't pass. Don't trouble yourself though, I'm confident that His Imperial Majesty will reintroduce these bills to the Senate when the time is right.

"I am quite curious about the other matters that we are to discuss? Shall we wait until we are all assembled or do you want to foreshadow some of what is to come?"
Nikephoros smiles.

- Well, it would be rude to start without your fellow senators, wouldn't it?

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius enters, bowing respectfully to the Megas Domesticos and smiling, dry humour in his words. "Thank you, Megas Domesticos. The results went as well as could be expected, sir, once we had chosen the path of surrender. This uncertainty is at least preferable over a Blue dominance of the Senate, though I would have preferred a clearer outcome in our favour. As the situation is, yes, we will have higher incomes, but the rebellions will continue to tear the Imperium asunder. At least our Holy Church is secure, for now, or the situation would be even more disastrous."

Senator "Lazaros II." Melissenos

*Lazaros uses the time mustering the Varangians, wondering why they are with them in the room. Did Dalassenos plan to murder them? Lazaros couldn't think of a reason but then, maybe the Dynastoi didn't need any. Did he want to boast? Did he even fear the few senators? Following Pylaeus words Lazaros adds:*

Something's telling me that our dear Megas Domestikos would rather be anywhere else than on the senate floor. After this session, I don't even blame him.

*Lazaros soft voice shows a certain degree of amusement.*

Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)

*Lodovico enters the chamber, gazing upon all already present*

A meeting of the White Demes! I have missed my brothers dearly since our last gathering. How exciting. Exhilarating even!

Surely you all have missed my company, but I notice our dear friend Alexandros is absent. Why ever could that be?

I look forward to whatever we may discuss. How exciting indeed!

*Lodovico laughs*

Decius nods at di Capponi.

"I was surprised by your demeanor in the halls of Magnaura, di Capponi. You proved to be a valuable member of our faction. I commend you for that."