• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Leon Taurinus (Red Demes)

*Sits alone on the far end of the Red Demes section, the mask covering his face hides what his expression is but it is fairly clear that he isn't happy with the performance of his Demes so far.*

Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of the Roman Far East (Blue Demes):

"Senator of Tauricia," Bishop Dooley began, "would you not trust the word of a bishop overseeing all of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and the Caucasus that levying Chang on the Holy Church would not damage her? No one's considering taking relics and Icons from the Church. We're talking land, levies, fallow fields, horses and livestock... things that the Church can sacrifice. People donate land to the Church all the time. Why shouldn't the Church do this for Rome? A debtor is a slave to his creditor; does not God tell us to honor our debts and pay back what we owe? The Church, unquestionably, must aid Rome in this darkest hour, lest there be no Church in the future!"

{{

Ancient Mongols never bathed and actually considered bad smells to be pleasant because (I assume) they smell like victory and/or calvary. Presumably, though, Christian Mongols bathed themselves at their baptism like Queen Isabella did in RL.

}}

{{Might be a stretch here, but I don't think Mongols or Queens were chained to a chair for two days, forced to potty on themselves, and then not cleaned afterwards}}

Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)

Indeed! Indeed! Indeed!

*Lodovico clasps his hands together*

The Patriarch Azizid is correct! Even the Church must give what it can in the name of saving the Imperium! Who knows how many times the Imperator has saved the church!

It is only natural we serve the Holy Throne with every piece of our beings.

*Lodovico touches a large scar underneath his left eye*

With every piece.

Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of the Roman Far East (Blue Demes):

Bishop Dooley laughed.

"Patriarch? I'm flattered, really, I am! The Synod hasn't even deemed
Armenia, Azerbaijan, and the Roman Far East combined to be worth an archbishopric! I run a diosce larger than several archbishoprics in Thrace!"

He smiled.

"-but I'm glad we're in agreement,
nöker. The Church must step in and bail out the Imperium's coffers once again. It is our obligation for God's Bride to help God's Regent when secular authorities alone can't do it!"

{{Lol, Honorius cracks me off}}
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis (Blue Demes):
Nikephoros arrived with his basin, soap and water skins, not letting go of his hand-washing obsession even in this important occassion. At first he is just plain nervous, frevently washing his hands and sweating, fearing the horror of the social encounter with SO many people. He doesn't rise to speak, not able to muster the courage. Then, things start getting really weird. He looks with a puzzled face as Mandromenos is brought in and is gagged again, as Di Capponi speaks about conspirations and laughs like a madman, and when Senator Honorius runs off screaming, seeming mad too. Nikephoros shakes his head, and gets up from his seat. Someone has to get this Senate to start being useful.*
E... Esteemed Senators, let us stop this madness and begin the session properly.
I fully agree with Senators Di Capponi and Azizid- we must never harm the Jews, loyal and productive citizens of the Imperium. If we steal their wealth, they will go to enemies of the Imperium and benefit them- it will only harm the Imperium. Furthermore, I heared Senator Azizid's theory of the plauge's origin- it is a sound explanation, disproving the disgusting lies about the Jews.
I support confisticating lands of the Holy Church- while the Imperium bleeds, the church sits on her wealth and vast lands and does nothing. I agree on this too with Senators Azizid and... Di Capponi.
About the other matters, I support raising the tariffs on the Exarchates and enlisting privateers, for reasons all of the assembled must understand- we need gold.
Now, about the Administrative reform proposed by the Imperator. I believe there is no choice but agreeing to it- the administration is in dire need of aid.
*His gaze turns towards Senator Mandromenos*
Aye, it seems like Senator Taurinos' proposal to... remove the Senator Alexandros from the Senate is... reasonable. I will support it.

Senator Honorius Scipion (Red demes):

*During his running, senator Scipion trip over and hits his head against the corner of senator di Caponni´s chair.

He takes a piece of silk to cover the injure in his eye and, finally calms down.

He returns to his chair and, after slapping Mandromenos´ face a couple of times, he sits down and speaks to senator Taurinus:

"Sorry my friend. It seems that my nervous, which have hold against enemy charges for centuries, are not what they used to be. It is the first time that I am in the center of the roman power and it has a been a shock to discover the class of...people who the Emperor has chosen to advice him.

But I promise you that from this moment I will be calm and useful for the Imperium."

*Honorius slaps Mandromenos´face once more and then he cross his hands, observing the rest of senators.

((@CzokletMuss , I am whishing to know what the President of the Senate thinks about what is happening in the Senate. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:))

Senator Duilius Arrius (Blue Demes):
"I am happy to hear those who share my view on the Church. The Imperium is in dire need of wealth, wealth the Church can provide. The Church will continue to preach without plentiful land or riches. Why would we expel the Jews, innocent citizens, before taking all we can from the ... humble house of God?"

Senator Lodovico di Capponi (White Demes)

*Lodovico watches as Honorius makes a mockery of himself on the Senate floor*

It appears that the Red Demes struggle with the same madness which afflicts the Whites.

A shame. Truly it is, I had hoped to work with a strong and united Red demes. But, it seems that there is little respite.

*Lodovico sighs*

I am at least blessed with the company of the Blue Demes. They have shown more wisdom and courage than both of the other demes combined. I feel nothing but pity for Leon Taurinus.

*Leon looks around for Este Ravenna to rally their faction before anyone else has a mental breakdown.
Taurinus adjust his mask as he stands before speaking in his usual muffled voice*

"When my honored ancestor Decius had the honor of being part of the first Imperial senate we made the mistake of trusting the Blues on policies and half of Taurica was invaded and many members of my house were slaughtered by an invasion led by the Mongol Horde. "
*He looks pointedly under his mask at Azizid*
I consider it a fair use of caution to be wary of the proposals of Blues and Mongols.

"However, it seems that if indeed there is support among the church leaders for such a move then perhaps it does have some merit. I simply fear further divisions and chaos being sparked in the Imperium by those who might see such a move as an attack on the Church. At this dark hour to call on the Church for aid is good, but to make ousrelves their enemy by attacking them would be folly and has the potential to lead to civil war.
Above all my interest is that the Imperium is able to deal with the many enemies who surround us without causing more problems.

*He looks back to Scipion after sitting down again and speaks in a low muffled voice*
"I understand your pain friend, my family has bled for centuries against the Horde, and so many of these Blues make me uneasy about their intentions for the Imperium. We must remain strong and united and resist the madness of despair."

Last edited:
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis:
Senator Taurinus, do you want the Imperium to survive this crisis? You do. I know you do. In order for this to happen, we, the sane people of the Senate, have to cooperate.
In case you haven't noticed, the Blues of the time you're speaking of are all dead. My ancestor Anastasios VI Salamis is dead, Hadrianos Raoul is dead, all of them are dead. I do not know what happened during those Senate sessions so long ago, but it is long past.
*He turns his gaze to the whole Senate and raises his voice*
Let us throw down our old stereotypes, the old hatred between the factions- let us cooperate for the good of the Imperium!

Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos (White Demes)

*Lazaros shows his agreement with a short applause.*

I agree with you, Senator Salamis.

{{ How low has the Senate come when the faction whose leader IS LITERALLY DRINKING BLOOD OUT OF A CANTEEN is seen as the most sane. Holy shit. }}

Senator Alexius Colombo:

"I believe that we have reached a conclusion, more or less, on the Jewish Question, so I think we ought to move on."

"In my good conscience,"

Alexius says as he takes another sip,

"I cannot support any move that hands more power to the Whites and their "administration". Only due to the efforts of the traders and guilders does the Imperium get any money whatsoever. Clamping down on them with overbearing legislation will hinder their ability to facilitate Imperial recovery. As such, I simply cannot support Administrative Focus."

"But there is a more present, and urgent concern. We Blues were informed that the plot against the Blues in the past session is alive and well. We have been told to keep our eyes out for traitors and assassins. There are many among us here who are hiding their physical appearance. It is quite possible that one or more could be a traitor. Therefore, I would like to ask those currently hiding themselves to unmask or uncover, so we can identify you. Once that is done, you can put your coverings back on.

Do I have the support of my fellow Senators in this motion?

{{ DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?

IT'S WITCHUNT TIME! }}

* Calm is again in Scipion´s soul. Honorius kiss his small crucifix and the stands up to speak to the Senate:

"Dear senator, we are in huge problems. Almost one half of the people of the Imperium have dead, God have them in His Glory. The Aerarium is empty. The Army´s morale is lower than ever. And the Navy is totally useless at the moment...well, as always, who I am trying to trick?

We need to take urgent measures to assure that our administration in rebellious provinces is restores so I am will to support giving special powers to Megas Logothetes.

One the subject of the fleet, we should mouth it all immediately, except those ships useful for transport of troops and goods. The rest of the fleet will be more useful if is dismounted for some time, like for example till the End of Times.

Privateers are cowards but I am will to support them if they are OURS cowards.

And what about jews and the Holy Church? Eh? What about the-m...the-m--- them?"

* Nervous are taking its part again so Honorius decides to do the only thing that seems to relax him. He slaps Mandromenos´ face again and then keeps talking.

"I do not consider myself an intolerant man. I think that we could even say that I am soft with heretics, wanting to burn them without even a small torture before. But I am a practical man adn we need money.

I do not think jews worse than other groups but they have money and the Church, or better said, some priests in the Church, have too much lands and money that would be better if managed by the Imperial Administration. But the jews are good bankers ((more inflation)) and the Church is keeping calm ((- stability at this moment is dead)) between populace. Remember that no every one has a madman near to be slapped everytime they get nervous ((Can you imagine if you could this with your politicians everytime they act as politicians? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:))so I am wishing to know your positions and reasons that back up them on these two subjects.

*Honorius sits down, happy with his speech. So happy that this time he does not need to slap Mandromenos.

Lazaros II. Melissenos (White Demes)

*Lazaros turns his gaze at Senator Colombo, the soft voice sounding colder than earlier.*

I won't do that, Senator Colombo. I've seen what the plaque has done to this city and it's people. There are some here which are out of their mind, maybe due to some illness or the other. So I won't risk my live and with that the survival of my family and it's business just to satisfy your curiosity or paranoia.

{{ How low has the Senate come when the faction whose leader IS LITERALLY DRINKING BLOOD OUT OF A CANTEEN is seen as the most sane. Holy shit. }}

Senator Alexius Colombo:

"I believe that we have reached a conclusion, more or less, on the Jewish Question, so I think we ought to move on."

"In my good conscience,"

Alexius says as he takes another sip,

"I cannot support any move that hands more power to the Whites and their "administration". Only due to the efforts of the traders and guilders does the Imperium get any money whatsoever. Clamping down on them with overbearing legislation will hinder their ability to facilitate Imperial recovery. As such, I simply cannot support Administrative Focus."

"But there is a more present, and urgent concern. We Blues were informed that the plot against the Blues in the past session is alive and well. We have been told to keep our eyes out for traitors and assassins. There are many among us here who are hiding their physical appearance. It is quite possible that one or more could be a traitor. Therefore, I would like to ask those currently hiding themselves to unmask or uncover, so we can identify you. Once that is done, you can put your coverings back on.

Do I have the support of my fellow Senators in this motion?

{{ DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?

IT'S WITCHUNT TIME! }}

Of course you have it!!!

Guards, take senator Azizid under chains immediately as Senator Colombo has suggested!

*He glances at Scipion but does not say anything*

"Are you Senator Colombo going to start hunting through the senate for traitors? The Imperium is set upon by enemies on all sides, the last thing we need is to start making wild accusations.
I can accept the reason of Senator Salamis and I apologize for trying to bring up the ghosts of the dead to haunt this session. I hope that you and the other reasable Blues might prevail over the divisive madness that plagues the senate."

*He ignores Scipion's rants and contemplates whether he might shut the madman up by striking him with the cane but decides against it*

Last edited:
Senator Honorius "Cu-cu" Scipion (Red demes):

*Honorius starts crying, then rise up and hugs Senator Taurinus while telling him how happy is he of being alive after all what happened in the war.

{{Oh dear...Oh dear

I think we can officially say insanity is a symptom of the plague}}

Last edited:
Reactions: