• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Alexius Colombo:

"I have more reason than most to hate the Whites. They have destroyed the Imperium and by extension, my family. They will be brought down to size, one way or another... There will be no deals cut with the Whites that do not involve total capitulation to the Blues and our agenda. You have my word. "

Senator Alexius Colombo:

"I have more reason than most to hate the Whites. They have destroyed the Imperium and by extension, my family. They will be brought down to size, one way or another... There will be no deals cut with the Whites that do not involve total capitulation to the Blues and our agenda. You have my word. "

Senator Duilius Arrius:
"In that case, I declare my support for Senator Colombo. I am putting my faith in you. Do not make me regret it."

The Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of Azerbaijan, Armenia, and the Roman Far East:

but do not listen to the fools who hold the Church above the Augustus and the royal family."

"Do you dare claim that MEN trump God?!"

This was a trigger point to Bishop Dooley.

"Saint Markos begged God for forgiveness and he flaggelated himself after he committed castration of his children, and what did he do to atone? He stood for and saved all of Christianity and struck the Papists for good. Saint Markos united the Church and singlehandedly made her the most powerful of all religions, even more than the slaves of
Tenger and the Xenoi. No one is anything without God, and I know you are not a believer, but don't you DARE claim God is less than ANYTHING. The Angeloi serve GOD and we serve GOD. GOD is the most important thing on the earth and WITHOUT HIM, ROME WILL DIE."

Bishop Dooley shook his head.

"I told you I despise your life views, Colombo, but I do not back down on my gut feelings. You will be an excellent speaker if God so wills. -and I agree, the whites are unfit to call themselves the defenders of the Holy Church and I would never treat them as if they cared for me and God's Bride."

Last edited:
{{So... Uhh... I don't know if I'll be able to keep writing here. Earthquake and tsunami on my city, 8.4 richter. Everything all right here, we are prepared for this kind of stuff. Internet is slooowly coming back. }}

The Reverend Senator Dooley Azizid, Bishop of Azerbaijan, Armenia, and the Roman Far East:
"Do you dare claim that MEN trump God?!"

Senator Duilius Arrius:
*Duilius rolls his eyes at Dooley's outburst.*
"I have issue with those who regard the Church higher than the Augustus, not God. There is a difference between the men who claim to speak for the Lord and the Lord Himself. Priests can be corrupt like any other man. The Church has become too greedy, too powerful. They must be taught to kneel to the royal family, the people who are protecting the Imperium's citizens. I have seen people suffer and die while the Church does nothing to aid them... and I have seen the royal family's efforts to help our people.

Dooley, I listen to your opinion because you are a Senator, not because you claim to be a holy man.

{{Be safe, @Leandor }}

{{ Remember your audience folks!

Another question for Czoklet: Are we allowed to bring our own food and drink to the Senate Session, and if we are, can we bring enough to share? Thanks. ;). }}

"The Church is not a majority corrupt or greedy. The fact that there are Satanic clergyman does not mean we must reduce, weaken, or damage the Holy Church or her mission. The Church is Khristed's Bride, Colombo. To weaken or harm her would lead to unprecedented consequences for Rome."

He paused.

"I said we should levy
Chang on the Holy Church. That is a temporary thing that does not weaken her power and gives Rome much needed funds and lands."

Senator Duilius Arrius:
"The Church is a rotting limb, slowly killing the rest of the Imperium. They have had this much wealth and power for years, and yet we still have citizens who follow the Xenoi's gods. Tell me Senator Azizid, is that the Church's failing, or God's? They have had years to save our people, and no results. Perhaps making the Church humble again will show them that we need results, not just more promises while they horde the Imperium's wealth. The priests do not need riches to spread their message to the masses.

Dooley, you are a Senator. We serve the Augustus and the royal family. We serve Our Lord. We do not serve the Church."

{{So the Reds and Whites identified their madmen and now have them either imprisoned or are attempting to murder them, and the Blues made their madman their leader...
I eagerly await this throw down among the factions.

Also new theory, bearded guy is Enlil's fugitive senator in disguise.}}

{{So the Reds and Whites identified their madmen and now have them either imprisoned or are attempting to murder them, and the Blues made their madman their leader...
I eagerly await this throw down among the factions.

Also new theory, bearded guy is Enlil's fugitive senator in disguise.}}

{{Might be a touched biased, but Bearded Guy is too sane for di Capponi}}

Reactions:

"I was given to the holy Church at birth by my father, Markosi Azizid! I was raised in the halls of the Patriarch of Antioch! I've abstained from intercourse and forfeited my inheritance and my life to God! You'd better believe I serve the Church!"

The Mongol was not fond of this sudden Church bashing. Arrius' words irritated him far more than Colombos' words, who were far more level headed. He murmured some choice Mongolian words under his breath and retaliated.

"I'm sorry, but how much mission work have you done? The Azizid tribe has been spreading the Gospel for centuries!" Bishop Dooley replied, his temper showing. "Spreading the Gospel the right way, through love and mercy, takes years. If you wish to do it the Xenoi way- Satan's way -put a gun to their head and hold their soul's eternal death in your bloodied hands, for they aren't Saved!"

Bishop Dooley continued his rant.

"-and need I remind you that the
Xenoi themselves are soulless?! We don't convert chötgör! The human souls enslaved by the Xenoi and their chötgör false 'gods' must be witnessed to with love, or they will slide further into the Xenoi death grip. No one accepts Yesüs Khrusted except by their own free will."

He paused.

"Kill the
Xenoi and spare the nonviolent humans. An unbeliever certainly shouldn't get certain rights and privileges of the believers of the True Faith, but we can't just kill them. It takes time!
What, do you honestly think the Holy Chirch is anything like those Godless boys in the White
Khural?
The only time we exterminate unbelievers is when they rise up violently! Don't you remember when those Xenoi zealots appeared in Africa, or centuries ago, when Papists violently killed our brothers and sisters in Khristed? The Church is not the Roman horde, Arrius. We avoid the use of force unless attacked. That call is up to the holy Khagan Angeloi!"

The bishop pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm too old for this. Listen, let's just nominate Colombos and move to the next subject. Itʻs about my bedtime and God knows I need the rest at my age. I will only be in the Senate this one time before the
Khuraltai's Yassa orders my retirement, if The Lord doesn't take me home by then, and I want to be alert."

Bishop Dooley, after a moment, yawned widely. It was getting late for the seventy plus year old man.

{{As someone who didn't watch Silence of the Lambs, Alexius reminds me more of Roose Bolton :p}}
Senator Nikephoros II Salamis:
*Nikephoros doesn't even wash his hands while watching the events unfolding. He frowns, even his social incompetence forgotten.*
Careful, Senators Colombo and Arrius. The church and its men are still the LORD's envoys, and still His men. Our demes had some... trouble not so long ago, let's not let it seem like we are problematic. Let us not completely ignore the opportunity to ally with the Whites if the Reds do not cooperate- some of them hate us more than some of the Whites, from what my father told me. He also told me that his father, Herakleios Salamis who was poisoned on the Senate floor, had respect for the new generation of the White demes, even as his rivals.
*He turns his gaze towards Alexius*
Senator Colombo, you speak as if your policies will become the Blue Deme's undebatable policies if we elect you as speaker. You even misspoke and called the position "leader" once... It is not so. You shall be the speaker, nothing else. I agree with Bishop Dooley, you seem like you have a mind for cunning, however there are some points on which I disagree with you- despite your hate for them, we cannot overlook an opportunity to ally with the Whites. We must also enact the administrative reform- the Imperium needs it in these times of crisis. And lastly, I am not sure that increasing our ship's durability should be the focus of our demes... It, and any of your policies, should be debatable no matter what- being the speaker does not make one higher in position than any member of his demes. You will speak, and promote, what the faction as a whole decides, even if you disagree. Will you do this thing as our speaker, or will you usurp a nonexistent position of leadership?

"I was given to the holy Church at birth by my father, Markosi Azizid! I was raised in the halls of the Patriarch of Antioch! I've abstained from intercourse and forfeited my inheritance and my life to God! You'd better believe I serve the Church!"

The Mongol was not fond of this sudden Church bashing. Arrius' words irritated him far more than Colombos' words, who were far more level headed. He murmured some choice Mongolian words under his breath and retaliated.

"I'm sorry, but how much mission work have you done? The Azizid tribe has been spreading the Gospel for centuries!" Bishop Dooley replied, his temper showing. "Spreading the Gospel the right way, through love and mercy, takes years. If you wish to do it the Xenoi way- Satan's way -put a gun to their head and hold their soul's eternal death in your bloodied hands, for they aren't Saved!"

Bishop Dooley continued his rant.

"-and need I remind you that the
Xenoi themselves are soulless?! We don't convert chötgör! The human souls enslaved by the Xenoi and their chötgör false 'gods' must be witnessed to with love, or they will slide further into the Xenoi death grip. No one accepts Yesüs Khrusted except by their own free will."

He paused.

"Kill the
Xenoi and spare the nonviolent humans. An unbeliever certainly shouldn't get certain rights and privileges of the believers of the True Faith, but we can't just kill them. It takes time!
What, do you honestly think the Holy Chirch is anything like those Godless boys in the White
Khural?
The only time we exterminate unbelievers is when they rise up violently! Don't you remember when those Xenoi zealots appeared in Africa, or centuries ago, when Papists violently killed our brothers and sisters in Khristed? The Church is not the Roman horde, Arrius. We avoid the use of force unless attacked. That call is up to the holy Khagan Angeloi!"

The bishop pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm too old for this. Listen, let's just nominate Colombos and move to the next subject. Itʻs about my bedtime and God knows I need the rest at my age. I will only be in the Senate this one time before the
Khuraltai's Yassa orders my retirement, if The Lord doesn't take me home by then, and I want to be alert."

Bishop Dooley, after a moment, yawned widely. It was getting late for the seventy plus year old man.
{{Come join the Red side and leave the heretic cannibal Blues, we have cookies}}

{{Come join the Red side and leave the heretic cannibal Blues, we have cookies}}

{{Our resident madman is under custody. (By who exactly I don't think we figured that one out)}}

Reactions:
{{

That sounds a little harsh. When did a nice and quiet chat with the Athanatoi ever go wrong for anyone?}}

{{Do you want me to say it, or shall we wait for one of the Blues?}}

{{Who knows, I give it a 50/50 chance that Alexandros knows a thing or two about the Athanatoi methods}}

{{So... Uhh... I don't know if I'll be able to keep writing here. Earthquake and tsunami on my city, 8.4 richter. Everything all right here, we are prepared for this kind of stuff. Internet is slooowly coming back. }}
{{ @Leandor - take care of yourself and your family, this is just a silly game. ¡Cuídate! }}
Senator Alexius Colombo:
Policies:
"Lex forveteur Production Commercia" shall be enacted

{{Question for Czoklet:
Will that policy solely benefit the Whites? It's an Administrative policy, but it benefits the Blues, who are both traders and guilders. }}
{{ Only Senate Policies count in this regard, not vanilla ones. }}
{{ Remember your audience folks!
Another question for Czoklet: Are we allowed to bring our own food and drink to the Senate Session, and if we are, can we bring enough to share? Thanks. ;). }}
{{ Nope. You can bring your clothes and necessary things like staff if someone has limp but everything else, especially your servants and men-at-arms, must be left behind. Your men aren't allowed to enter Sacred Palace, not to mention Magnaura, and for obvious security reasons - this is the heart of the Imperium after all. }}

{{Markos H. Angelos, this thread grows by several pages every time I check, I have some reading to do before the senate session, let's just say my crazy old senator had a nasty bout of plague-dementia and had to miss the faction meeting}}