• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{Iskandar doesn't need no saving, he's practically accepted the fact that he may die soon with his age. Be it of old age or something darker.}}

Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Does this Mandromenos kid really know what he is doing? If all it takes to make him surrender and call for his parents is the insane rambling of a madman, he has no place among the great white demes. Oh my, if the rest of the new rookies will be like this, they are not going to last in the senate. Bloody fools!"

Decius shows an amused grin.

*Before Ouranos leaves, Decius stops him briefly to talk to him.*

"Fear not, old friend, for nothing for the whites is lost. We have seen worse times, we have been at the brink of destruction before and now two youngsters are supposed to bring down the leading faction of the senate? Don't make me laugh! I miss the optimisim of your earlier years, my friend, but if your age demands your leave, you are of course excused. I wish only the best of luck to you and hope to see you in good health in the halls of Magnaura. The Angeloi protect!"

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius moves closer to senators Pylaeus and Melissenos, his eyes burning with cold fury. "Capponi is a menace to us all, not only to the White Demes but to the Senate as a whole. We have to get rid of him, before he turns on us, and he has just made himself vulnerable. We could expose him to the Athanatoi, or to an assassins blade. What say you?"

"You would be surprised if I told you about the things I head to do just to survive the past decades. I would be surprised if di Capponi is a free man after the sun sets today."

than to carry such dead weight around and let it do harm to the business for a longer term.

"Exactly, we cannot burden the Imperial Senate or the white demes with his presence any longer."

*Decius calls in the Imperial Senate Guard protecting the courtroom, just after several senators left.*

"Soldier! As the faction speaker of the white demes, I order you to take your fastest horses and send half of your men after senator di Capponi who just left! He carries top secret information with him regarding the safety of the Imperium! What makes things worse, he wants to sell it off to Pisan scum because as an Italian, he apparently feels closer connected to them than to Rome. Apprehend him at once and take him to the commander of the island. Two of my most trusted guards and former Athanatoi should be with the commander, they will know how to deal with him and the information he carries in form of a letter. Should you be unable to catch him alive, kill him and bring the letter back to me. Failure of this task will result in grave danger for the Imperium. Now take your leave. The Angeloi protect!"

{{
{{Iskandar doesn't need no saving, he's practically accepted the fact that he may die soon with his age. Be it of old age or something darker.}}

Of course I wasn't referring to one of my veteran friends :)

@CzokletMuss Please get him - the faction speaker is responsible for the security of the meeting, right? So this should be within my jurisdiction... You can of course choose what exactly happens, I'm excited!}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
@CzokletMuss Please get him - the faction speaker is responsible for the security of the meeting, right? So this should be within my jurisdiction... You can of course choose what exactly happens, I'm excited!}}

{{ Give me a fair chance CzokletMuss! Make it random! Pull out the D&D dice! Let's see how exciting this next senate meeting is going to be! :p}}

Reactions:
{{I see the troll imperator not telling what he's doing before the senate session...}}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

*Decius calls in the Imperial Guard protecting the courtroom, just after several senators left.*

"Soldier! As the faction speaker of the white demes, I order you to take your fastest horses and send half of your men after senator di Capponi who just left! He carries top secret information with him regarding the safety of the Imperium! What makes things worse, he wants to sell it off to Pisan scum because as an Italian, he apparently feels closer connected to them than to Rome. Apprehend him at once and take him to the commander of the island. Two of my most trusted guards and former Athanatoi should be with the commander, they will know how to deal with him and the information he carries in form of a letter. Should you be unable to catch him alive, kill him and bring the letter back to me. Failure of this task will result in grave danger for the Imperium. Now take your leave. The Angeloi protect!"

{{@CzokletMuss Please get him - the faction speaker is responsible for the security of the meeting, right? So this should be within my jurisdiction... You can of course choose what exactly happens, I'm excited!}}

{{ Give me a fair chance CzokletMuss! Make it random! Pull out the D&D dice! Let's see how exciting this next senate meeting is going to be! :p}}
{{Sigh... yes, this is within your jurisdiction. Speaking of which, you should check article 14 of the rules ASAP (congratulations!).

It's Imperial Senate Guard btw. }}

{{I see the troll imperator not telling what he's doing before the senate session...}}

{[ Indeed, but I will be quite hard to catch, remember, I did survive the Antártes in Italy and made it to Contantinople alive }}

"Saint Marcos preserve us!" Marius shakes his head, "That was bold. At least you've now proved you are a man of faith. If God is with us we shall surely prevail."

"Saint Marcos preserve us!" Marius shakes his head, "That was bold. At least you've now proved you are a man of faith. If God is with us we shall surely prevail."

{{ Matthew 2:13 Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him." }}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

*Decius calls in the Imperial Guard protecting the courtroom, just after several senators left.*

"Soldier! As the faction speaker of the white demes, I order you to take your fastest horses and send half of your men after senator di Capponi who just left! He carries top secret information with him regarding the safety of the Imperium! What makes things worse, he wants to sell it off to Pisan scum because as an Italian, he apparently feels closer connected to them than to Rome. Apprehend him at once and take him to the commander of the island. Two of my most trusted guards and former Athanatoi should be with the commander, they will know how to deal with him and the information he carries in form of a letter. Should you be unable to catch him alive, kill him and bring the letter back to me. Failure of this task will result in grave danger for the Imperium. Now take your leave. The Angeloi protect!"}
Dekarchos Ioannes Muzaka

*Having listened to orders of the White Speaker after being summoned to the courtroom, dekarchos of the Imperial Senate Guard answers*

It will be done, illustrious Speaker - I will notify Athanatos and his men immediately. The traitor won't escape the island.

*dekarchos rises his right arm in the Roman salute*

The Angeloi protect!

*dekarchos storms outside of the courtroom, leaving five guardsmen in the coutroom for protection*

{{Everything started so well for the whites and now one senator has left in a huff and another one is basically got rid off. Well done us!}}

{{Everything started so well for the whites and now one senator has left in a huff and another one is basically got rid off. Well done us!}}

{{ I bring a little excellence to everything I do. That's why mod is the greatest one ever invented! :cool: :rolleyes: }}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Through my guard, I have been in quite some contact with the Athanatoi. That is probably one of the reasons why I am still alive to this day. One thing is clear to me however: Violating the principles and established rules for personal gain and harm to the Imperium can and will never be tolerated as long as I am alive. Heretics, madmen and all the foes of the Imperium need to be fought wherever they are encountered, even if they show up amidst us senators."

{{ @Enlil And now you are on an island that will be locked down with more than 500 soldiers and 3 athanatoi of the Imperium looking for you - godspeed mate!

you should check article 14 of the rules ASAP (congratulations!)

Thanks! So I am the Vice President of the Senate for now? Surely the new regularities just have not reached Decius yet in all the turmoil, otherwise he would have used this new title. I'll RP it so that he is aware of it before the next session.}}

{{ I have a quite sizable head start, and if I am correct the Imperial Navy is in no state to peruse me. Mwahahahaha! }}
{{ You have 500 men strong tagma led by Athanatos after you, not to mention that this meeting takes place on an island, which means you can't just take your horse and ride away - you need a ship and as you can see on this screenshot:

avEeykf.jpg

Almost all fleets of the Imperial Navy are in Marmara right now, over 80 dromonoi and imperial warships. }}

I think now would be a good time to end the meeting, what with the cliffhanger and all that.

{{ Left in a huff? Let me tell you something, Alexandros has a personal thing against the Xenoi. When Capponi accused him of working with them, it was impossible for him to react rationally.}}

{{ You have 500 men strong tagma led by Athanatos after you, not to mention that this meeting takes place on an island, which means you can't just take your horse and ride away - you need a ship and as you can see on this screenshot:

avEeykf.jpg

Almost all fleets of the Imperial Navy are in Marmara right now, over 80 dromonoi and imperial warships. }}

{{ This admittedly looks bad, but what if I escaped on that one trade ship passing through in the picture? And besides, it takes at least a few days for ships to leave port ingame. That's all the time I need! Whatmore, with all that disease and anarchy and corruption in the city, could you ever even find me in the city if you tried?}}

Reactions:
FACTION MEETING - CLOSING

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces that

THE MEETING OF THE WHITE DEMES HAS ENDED

Honorable senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt) was elected as Speaker of the White Demes.
Due to the White Demes being the dominant Faction in the Senate, in accordance with article 14 of the Rules of Procedure the illustrious Speaker of the White Demes is hereby declared Vicepresident of the Imperial Senate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikephoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

***​

Yes, we end on a cliffhanger - deal with it. :p

jb9zm9d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
what if I escaped on that one trade ship passing through

That's just a ghost ship of the blues, the entire crew died because of the plague.

But what a faction meeting this was! So many interesting new characters! So many things going on! In terms of white faction meetings, this was probably the most exciting one.

Reactions:
Good thing that group is no longer meeting. May the Emperor know their betrayal and they be burned at the stake, all five of them.