• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius glances disgustedly at Capponi, then swiftly follows Alexandros "Senator Mandromenos, please remain." He places his hand on his colleagues shoulder. "Noone took his rant seriously enough to argue about it. The man is clearly mad, so why should any of us waste our time arguing with a madman? Your service to the Imperium speaks for itself. Noone could possibly believe any such accusations against you."

Senator Decius Pylaeus
{{Enough is enough. It is time for the prince of heresy to step down a bit.:D
@Mach Twelve you are not allowed to use force against another senator, this problem existed in previous sessions. So just taking the letter is probably out of the question.}}
{{ Indeed - using violence or physical force is verboten. Mainly because if your characters start to interact with each other in this way sooner or later I would have to create some rules regarding it and before we notice this whole thread will transorm into D&D: Imperium Sine Fine. }}
Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

Excuse me, but I must take my leave.

*Alexandros leaves the room*
{{ In case anyone was wondering - yes, your character may leave the Faction Meeting before it ends.}}

Reactions:
{{ Indeed - using violence or physical force is verboten. Mainly because if your characters start to interact with each other in this way sooner or later I would have to create some rules regarding it and before we notice this whole thread will transorm into D&D: Imperium Sine Fine. }}

{{If I had posted 1 minute earlier about picking up the letter we wouldn't be in this mess, well not the worst of it anyway.
.}}

Marius glances disgustedly at Capponi, then swiftly follows Alexandros "Senator Mandromenos, please remain." He places his hand on his colleagues shoulder. "Noone took his rant seriously enough to argue about it. The man is clearly mad, so why should any of us waste our time arguing with a madman? Your service to the Imperium speaks for itself. Noone could possibly believe any such accusations against you."

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

*Alexandros pauses and turns to Serapis*

Fellow Senator, I tell you this for your sake. I see now that the Whites are a lost venture. As long as the madness of di Capponi is present, it will remain so. I will not associate with such people and will not stand by and be accused, WITHOUT REASON NO LESS, of crimes of the highest order. I have no place here, and I will respect that. It would be wise if you were to do the same.

*Alexandros removes Serapis's hand, and continues to leave. He is now outside any of your grasps and looks like he will no longer listen to your words.*

{{If I had posted 1 minute earlier about picking up the letter we wouldn't be in this mess, well not the worst of it anyway.
.}}
{{ Oh well :)

You have still 24 hours left for your meeting but you may end sooner at any moment if all the Whites agree. In that case I would start the next meeting today - next Faction would have more quality weekend time for its meeting.

Before the meeting is over I would like the White Speaker to declare in a separate post which bonuses White Demes chooses.}}

Senator Lodovico di Capponi

No! Stop beloved Alexandros Mandromenos! If you are clearly so desired by the White Demes, I will not burden you, nor the rest of you Senators with my plague no longer! I will leave, and take that letter with me. I will see you at the Senate House my faithful brothers!

*Lodovico breaks into loud and unrestrained laughter, and leaves the meeting house.

{{
Can the rest of the Demes have a little discussion without di Capponi present? Somewhere outside Paradoxplaza?
}}
{{ All in-character interaction must take place in this thread. }}

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

*Iskandar sighs deeply before giving a apologetic face towards Senator Pylaeus*

It would seem the ruling faction of the Senate crumbled before anything could be done, I will remain in the Demes regardless as there is no point in moving an old horse from it's box. I am sorry friend, that you have inherited a broken Demes. We have all made our choices and most coincide.

*The old Senator then gives a cold glare towards Capponi as the latter leaves*

Fighting madness with madness will not solve any problems, your ancestors would be ashamed to call you one of them. I remember when the Capponi name was one that promoted an unbreakable will, not foolish madness. You will gain no support from the House of Ouranos, and your descendants will not either.

*The elderly man then leaves, his cane tapping on the stone floor as he calls for his grandson to depart.*

Marius moves closer to senators Pylaeus and Melissenos, his eyes burning with cold fury. "Capponi is a menace to us all, not only to the White Demes but to the Senate as a whole. We have to get rid of him, before he turns on us, and he has just made himself vulnerable. We could expose him to the Athanatoi, or to an assassins blade. What say you?"

{{Assuming, of course, the Mandromenos will be Whites in the next session. As long as Alexandros is alive, the Mandromenos will be Reds}}

{{Assuming, of course, the Mandromenos will be Whites in the next session. As long as Alexandros is alive, the Mandromenos will be Reds}}
{{ If you want to change your Faction please use the template:

• „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and BECOMES UNAFFILIATED.”
  • „Senator <name> JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> STAYS IN the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> REMAINS UNAFFILIATED.”

Remember though that even if you join other Demes you will not be able to participate in its meeting before the incoming Session - they take place on the next day(s) quite far away from where your character is right now.}}

Reactions:

{{This has been a glorious faction meeting
cjs.gif

Though I'm a bit concerned how the Reds meeting will go}}

Reactions:
{{ If you want to change your Faction please use the template:

• „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and BECOMES UNAFFILIATED.”
  • „Senator <name> JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> STAYS IN the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> REMAINS UNAFFILIATED.”

Remember though that even if you join other Demes you will not be able to participate in its meeting before the incoming Session - they take place on the next day(s) quite far away from where your character is right now.}}

{{Understood}}

"Senator Alexandros Mandromenos LEAVES the White Demes and JOINS the Red Demes"

Reactions:
Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos

I'm a businessman, Senator Serapis, not a murderer.

*Lazaros voice sounds soft and steady again, being or acting unimpressed by di Capponi. He continues in the same voice, seemingly giving a course in economics 101.*

As any businessman knows, fellow whites, it's sometimes necessary to write of assets that have lost their usefulness or threaten to become a liability for the business in question. Luckily there are always men ready to take care of such assets for a reasonable price. Such a write of is mostly a loss in the short term but better to do it early than to carry such dead weight around and let it do harm to the business for a longer term.

Senator Decius Pylaeus

"As faction speaker of our noble and esteemed demes, I shall present Senator Serapis' proposal as the official position of the white demes for this meeting:"

White Demes Faction Bonuses {{24/25 points}}

National Unrest -1,5 {{9 points}}
Tolerance of the True Faith +1 {{3 points}}
National Tax Modifier +15.0% {{9 points}}
Production Efficiency +10.0% {{3 points}}

{{ @CzokletMuss This is my separate post concerning the faction bonus. But I still have more to say, so don't end the meeting just yet.

I'm afraid I'll need more time for this meeting, as it is only over, when it is over. To all the characters who left: Good luck trying to save yourself while you are absent. Post incoming.}}

Reactions: