• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Your proposal is indeed wise, Senator Serapis. You honour your ancestors by your work for the Imperium already. After witnessing the horrors of the rebellion, I shall give my full support to your proposal. If there are no obligations, I, acting faction speaker of our noble and esteemed demes, shall present Senator Serapis' proposal as the official position of the white demes after this meeting:"

White Demes Faction Bonuses {{24/25 points}}

National Unrest -1,5 {{9 points}}
Tolerance of the True Faith +1 {{3 points}}
National Tax Modifier +15.0% {{9 points}}
Production Efficiency +10.0% {{3 points}}

"Now on to the topic of the letter: Senators di Capponi and Serapis want to keep it, Senator Mandromenos wants to take it to the president of the senate and Senator Ouranos and myself want to see it purged and purified. It appears that your say in the matter might tip the balance, Senator Melissenos. If you choose to burn it or keep it secret, we have reached a relative majority that we can act upon. I trust that all senators will follow the consensus of this most democratic and fair decision."

{{ @McGrey Have fun making that decision :D Well, I eagerly hope that you changed your opinion from presenting it to the president at least. Otherwise, we'd have a perfect draw. And I don't like the idea of giving the faction speaker the power to tip the balance. I'll just have to change my vote then, I guess.

Also, I thought you were just talking about a new policy to create during the session, at some point I seem to have missed that it was the faction bonus you were talking about...}}

Last edited:
Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

"You are most gracious, esteemed Speaker. I see our Demes is in good hands. I will of course accept the choice of the relative majority."

{{I was talking about both of them, but it's easy to miss things in all these posts.
It will be fun, and slightly terrifying to find out what happens with the letter. I have my own suspicions, but my character doesn't know we've been talking about a revolution...}}

Lazaros II. Melissenos

*Lazaros stays silent for a while, before answering to Decius.*

It seams that either I have to decide what happened with the message or cast my vote as I prefer to and hand this responsibility to you, dear Senator Pylaeus.

*Again he falls silent, letting the threat of a tie hang in the air for a while.*

I this case I say we keep the message, BUT...

*He raises a gloved finger.*

...but only under the condition that we reserve us the option to present it to the senate at a later point when we see the necessity to do so or dem it beneficial to us, the Imperator or the empire.

I also have no objections to present Senator Serapis proposal as the official white position.

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

*Alexandros coughs slightly*

Did you assume that I would stay to a lost position Speaker? No, if I can not get you to support bring this piece of chaos to the proper authorities, it must be destroyed.

{{3-3}}

Last edited:
Senator Lodovico di Capponi

Excellent! Excellent! Then we are in accord! Accept the vote Alexandros, you are defeated!

*Lodovico clasps his hands together*

I shall hold onto this missive, we cannot allow, no, afford Alexandros to get his hands on this, lest we all face the gallows Indeed! Yes!

*Lodovico chuckles to himself*

Oh? What if there is another way? What if this letter, and its contents were to become known during the Senate meeting? What if, it was known that the White Demes were responsible for attempting to conceal it? What would happen then?

*Lodovico continues to laugh, walking to the center of the room*

Why, we've decided on our leader, our position, our loyalties...

*Lodovico casts a glare at Alexandros*

Why would you fine, upstanding, honorable, Senators need a useless piece of paper. Yes. Indeed. Excellent. I shall keep it. Safe. Safe from the hands of Alexandros. Safe from the hands of the White Demes. I alone am loyal to the Imperator, what if he was to come to believe that the rest of the White Demes, his precious, beloved faction, are not?

Isiah 11:4 - "But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked."

I don't think we will be expelling the Evraíoi will we?

*Lodovico's laughter has reached his highest point*

No, I believe that the White Demes will follow a very specific set of principles during this Senate Session.

We will peruse the policy of Serapis, yes, but we shall not expel the Evraíoi. We will stand with the Red Demes and use them as the Sword of God, and the Red Sword will smite the wicked, and cast down the Antártes!

*Lodovico is finished, and smiling, he returns to his seat*

Yes. Yes. We are in accord. This meeting need not go on anymore.

We are in accord.

Last edited:
Reactions:

Excellent! Excellent! Then we are in accord! Accept the vote Alexandros, you are defeated!

I shall hold onto this missive, we cannot allow, no, afford Alexandros to get his hands on this, lest we all face the gallows Indeed! Yes!

Oh? What if there is another way? What if this letter, and its contents were to become known during the Senate meeting? What if, it was known that the White Demes were responsible for attempting to conceal it? What would happen then?

Why would you fine, upstanding, honorable, Senators need a useless piece of paper. Yes. Indeed. Excellent. I shall keep it. Safe. Safe from the hands of Alexandros. Safe from the hands of the White Demes. I alone am loyal to the Imperator, what if he was to come to believe that the rest of the White Demes, his precious, beloved faction, are not?

Isiah 11:4 - "But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked."

No, I believe that the White Demes will follow a very specific set of principles during this Senate Session.

We will peruse the policy of Serapis, yes, but we shall not expel the Evraíoi. We will stand with the Red Demes and use them as the Sword of God, and the Red Sword will smite the wicked, and cast down the Antártes!

Yes. Yes. We are in accord.

*Alexandros walks up to di Capponi, anger clear in his eyes*

Fool. Since when does a vote spilt down the middle result in a majority? Since when does your vote count more than the others? If anything, the Speaker's vote should be the decider. If it pleases you, perhaps Ouranos can be the one to burn it in front of your eyes. And, lastly the betrayers of CHRIST will burn for their sins, and you CANNOT save them.

Yes. Yes. We are in accord. This meeting need not go on anymore.

We are in accord.

{{Golum! Golum!}}

Reactions:

*Alexandros walks up to di Capponi, anger clear in his eyes*

Fool. Since when does a vote spilt down the middle result in a majority? Since when does your vote count more than the others? If anything, the Speaker's vote should be the decider. If it pleases you, perhaps Ouranos can be the one to burn it in front of your eyes. And, lastly the betrayers of CHRIST will burn for their sins, and you CANNOT save them.

*di Capponi is not perturbed, he does not flinch, he only responds to Alexandros calmly and serenely.*

You are ignorant of the situation I am in, my dear turncoat. I have the letter. Not Ouranos. Not Melissenos. Not Serapis. Not Pylaeus. My vote is the only vote that does count. With this in mind, I will use this missive however I so please. For what ever purpose I so please. Knowing this, I would expect certain policies to be endorsed by the White Demes, certain alliances be made. We will never have another Plague Riot again. Your allies in the city of Rome, your fellow Antártes are not here to help you, your armed men do not scare me any more. The other Senators will understand what is best for them. Indeed they will, lest they be made to learn. Just as I have. The Antártes can change a man greater than even the Athanatoi, our blessed shield against heresy. I have learned my lesson, just as Marcello Giovanni learned his.

*di Capponi is not perturbed, he does not flinch, he only responds to Alexandros calmly and serenely.*

You are ignorant of the situation I am in, my dear turncoat. I have the letter. Not Ouranos. Not Melissenos. Not Serapis. Not Pylaeus. My vote is the only vote that does count. With this in mind, I will use this missive however I so please. For what ever purpose I so please. Knowing this, I would expect certain policies to be endorsed by the White Demes, certain alliances be made. We will never have another Plague Riot again. Your allies in the city of Rome, your fellow Antártes are not here to help you, your armed men do not scare me any more. The other Senators will understand what is best for them. Indeed they will, lest they be made to learn. Just as I have. The Antártes can change a man greater than even the Athanatoi, our blessed shield against heresy. I have learned my lesson, just as Marcello Giovanni learned his.

{{Deleted due to breach in conduct}}

Last edited:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Very well then, Senator Mandromenos. Of course you can change your vote as well. So as of now the demes is divided on this issue. Let's put that aside for now, because I do have a feeling that there is another problem that needs to be adressed, in fact I should have spoken up about it earlier. While most of us appear to be men of a fine quality and honest upbringing, I get the feeling that there is something deeply concerning with one of our friends in the demes.

*Decius gazes upon everyone in the courthall*

Fellow servants of Rome, I did not think I would ever have to speak up about something like this, but the behaviour of Senator di Capponi is unbearable. His childish, self-centered and mad demeanor might risk our standing in the halls of Magnaura and bring about shame to everything we stand and fight for. As the speaker of the demes I feel inclined to be the one that speaks up about internal problems like this - at this point, I don't see how we can possibly work professionally with Senator di Capponi.

I am giving you the chance to overthink your attitude and behaviour among us, Lodovico, because if you act like a scared coward half of the time, while you present the opinions of a crazed kid for the rest of it, we may not be able to carry the burden of your presence in this demes. The times are hard, and while I do not want to punish one of our own, there may not be another possibility if we are to perserve our integrity.

I will not allow this demes to be dominated by the rambling of a madman, di Capponi. Hand over that letter to another senator of your choice or you are forcing me to call in the guards to finish that job for you."

{{Enough is enough. It is time for the prince of heresy to step down a bit.:D
@Mach Twelve you are not allowed to use force against another senator, this problem existed in previous sessions. So just taking the letter is probably out of the question.}}

you are not allowed to use force against another senator, this problem existed in previous sessions. So just taking the letter is probably out of the question.}}

{{ Mwahahahahahaha! }}

Reactions:
Senator Iskandar Ouranos

*The elderly man merely sighs at the current situation, he seems to have aged considerably during this meeting, he muses sadly to himself as the others bicker.*

To have men who have lost their minds become Senators, how low have we fallen? The problems of the now outweigh the possibilities of a better future, and the past remains a false beacon that haunts our every choice. Truly, in all aspects, to live in these times is to forever teeter next to the unknown. This is madness.

*Rising from his seat, he addresses the hall with a loud voice.*

Give me the letter, let me burn it or keep it. I am but an old man, a relic of the days past. Should someone talk the responsibility and risk death it should be me, not you all when you have time to do something of this Demes and Senate. May God look upon my actions and find truth, for in these times men cannot seem to find it anywhere.

{{Di Capponi is by far my favorite. This is madness after all!}}

Reactions:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Senator di Capponi, will you accept Senator Ouranos' offer or do you intend to create unrest among our group of friends? Should you fail to provide a proper answer, I'll have to call in the guard."

Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Very well then, Senator Mandromenos. Of course you can change your vote as well. So as of now the demes is divided on this issue. Let's put that aside for now, because I do have a feeling that there is another problem that needs to be adressed, in fact I should have spoken up about it earlier. While most of us appear to be men of a fine quality and honest upbringing, I get the feeling that there is something deeply concerning with one of our friends in the demes.

*Decius gazes upon everyone in the courthall*

Fellow servants of Rome, I did not think I would ever have to speak up about something like this, but the behaviour of Senator di Capponi is unbearable. His childish, self-centered and mad demeanor might risk our standing in the halls of Magnaura and bring about shame to everything we stand and fight for. As the speaker of the demes I feel inclined to be the one that speaks up about internal problems like this - at this point, I don't see how we can possibly work professionally with Senator di Capponi.

I am giving you the chance to overthink your attitude and behaviour among us, Lodovico, because if you act like a scared coward half of the time, while you present the opinions of a crazed kid for the rest of it, we may not be able to carry the burden of your presence in this demes. The times are hard, and while I do not want to punish one of our own, there may not be another possibility if we are to perserve our integrity.

I will not allow this demes to be dominated by the rambling of a madman, di Capponi. Hand over that letter to another senator of your choice or you are forcing me to call in the guards to finish that job for you."

{{Enough is enough. It is time for the prince of heresy to step down a bit.:D
@Mach Twelve you are not allowed to use force against another senator, this problem existed in previous sessions. So just taking the letter is probably out of the question.}}

*The energy has diminished somewhat with the sudden influx of denunciations*

E-e-esteemed Senator, I will not, and cannot give you the letter. I will and must have justice be wrought against the Antártes! Marcello Giovanni, however foolish, tried to work with the Senate, conceded, allowed the White Demes to dominate him, and he is now dead, and the Imperium in shambles. I know that I seem mad but this world has forced me to it, secret letters, hidden elections, invaders from across the sea! This is Madness! To allow you to expel innocents, to allow chaos to rule the streets of Rome itself! That is the madness! I will be silent, I will cause no more problems for this deme, I shall stage no more speeches, make no more threats, but the letter is mine, and the implications remain!

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

*The elderly man merely sighs at the current situation, he seems to have aged considerably during this meeting, he muses sadly to himself as the others bicker.*

To have men who have lost their minds become Senators, how low have we fallen? The problems of the now outweigh the possibilities of a better future, and the past remains a false beacon that haunts our every choice. Truly, in all aspects, to live in these times is to forever teeter next to the unknown. This is madness.

*Rising from his seat, he addresses the hall with a loud voice.*

Give me the letter, let me burn it or keep it. I am but an old man, a relic of the days past. Should someone talk the responsibility and risk death it should be me, not you all when you have time to do something of this Demes and Senate. May God look upon my actions and find truth, for in these times men cannot seem to find it anywhere.

*Lodovico then turns to Ouranos, attempts a smile, but the look on his face is nothing but somber*

Time? Time I do not have Senator. Either I return to Italia with an army, or I die in Italia. There is no return. The House di Capponi will not fall here. I will not see the Antártes win, but I will not fight you, I shall not impede you, as you are one of the few to even know the Capponi's at their height. You knew the Imperium as it was, and should be. For your sake, I shall not cause any more problems at this meeting, but allow me to keep the letter. I shall keep it secret, I swear, by the Imperium, by Saint Markos I swear to protect the letter, its secrets, and its contents from all who would do you harm Ouranos, but do not make me give it up.

*Lodovico returns to his seat, and sits, hanging his head down, obviously broken, but not quite defeated*

Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Senator di Capponi, will you accept Senator Ouranos' offer or do you intend to create unrest among our group of friends? Should you fail to provide a proper answer, I'll have to call in the guard."

He is a madman and a fool, he will not listen to reason. However, he did raise one good point. He claimed that I had no allies among the Whites. When he accused me of consorting with Xenoi, treason of the highest order, did any of you spring to my defense? Did any of you support one of you own under attack? Even when I pointed out the inconsistency in his accusation, and then invited all of you to comment, did any of you speak up? Di Capponi was right, standing with the Whites is a pointless venture. Excuse me, but I must take my leave.

*Alexandros leaves the room*

Reactions:
{{RIP White Demes}}

Reactions: