• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Lodovico di Capponi

*Lodovico once again snatched the letter, and begins screaming yet again*

What are we to do! WHAT ARE WE TO DO! If we turn in the letter, opened, we all die, if we destroy it, we also die! The Imperator might already know! It might be a test. One of *he looks at the other senators* YOU could be behind this. I blame Alexandros Mandromenos! {{ It was Alexandros, in the ballroom, with the candlestick! }} Only the man behind this would not fear going to the authorities. He was the first to arrive at the meeting, only he could have brought in the letter undetected. What more, the armed men surrounding us are none other than his own! I expose you are a traitor and liar Alexandros! An ally of the Xenoi! A member of the Antártes! Oh God save us now! Spare you lonesome child from this den of beasts! Lord have MERCY!

Proverbs 26:23-8

"Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart. Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling."

You shall not betray us to the enemy Alexandros! You shall never again place your hands upon your cursed missive!

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

*Alexandros is silent for a time, letting the accusation hang in the air*

Is this what you think di Capponi? Have you not forgotten that slaves were the ones who handled the food and drink. Have you not forgotten ten of the Imperial Army is here to watch us? Have you not forgotten that dear Senator Melissenos was right behind me and saw me reviewing my oration that I delivered earlier? I am wondering how the fourth of us to arrive knows the order we arrived in however. No one else mentioned it. Are you hiding something di Capponi? I believe you are. Instantly knowing the reference the letter was referring to, even if it is the words of the LORD, is strange, even for a man of GOD. I wonder what else in underneath that exterior?

No matter, all what I can do here is make baseless speculation. My fellow senators, I urge you to ignore this pointless rambling of a man blinded by fear. For that is what the Senator di Capponi's last words is. We must remain focused and unified and this bickering can do nothing but divide us.

{{ I have something to say, I don't think that anything that the senate can do will have enough impact to turn the current deficit into a profit. Therefore I propose that we ought to have something that we can work for that would be difficult but if attained, like by a absolute all the senate votes for the same policy, then we get a powerful buff until the next session. If you guys think it is possible another way please do comment}}

{{ I have something to say, I don't think that anything that the senate can do will have enough impact to turn the current deficit into a profit. Therefore I propose that we ought to have something that we can work for that would be difficult but if attained, like by a absolute all the senate votes for the same policy, then we get a powerful buff until the next session. If you guys think it is possible another way please do comment}}
{{ From what Czoklet said the army is significantly too big compared to the supported forces so I think that dissolving a few armies and getting a nice bonus could help }}

{{ Aren't you a White ? It says so on the google docs }}

{{I shouldn't be.. I said in the character creation email that Alexios is a Blue... He would probably kill you for calling him a White..}}

Reactions:
{{I shouldn't be.. I said in the character creation email that Alexios is a Blue... He would probably kill you for calling him a White..}}
{{ At last a Colombo enters the Blues :p }}

Reactions:
{{I believe that Czoklet had accidentally put him in the wrong deme a few pages back.}}
{{ Yeah, my mistake - sorry

BTW only 3 free seats in the Senate left!

Also concerning the situation (what with the letter and all that) a relevant video:

;) }}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{ Yeah, my mistake - sorry

BTW only 3 free seats in the Senate left!}}
{{ The Reds seem to be the dominating faction for the moment :eek:
It would be hilarious to see them achieve nothing again :p }}

{{No Colombo remember the example of your ancestor Domenico and join the Reds.
6532-splatoon-only-supports-wii-u-gamepad-single-player-online-multiplayer-45517944.jpg
\
}}

Reactions:
Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

He keeps investigating the letter, leaving the interpretation to the others. He runs his fingertips carefully over it, hoping to feel any mark that could hide another hint. The juice of a lemon could have made the first hidden message. Any number of substances could be revealed by exposure to certain chemicals. But that would require time and caution, lest their use damage another hidden clue. "I may need to take this letter away for analysis. I have some friends who excel at things like this. Myself, I'm nothing but a dabbler."

{{Did he find anything else by carefully feeling for marks on the paper?}}

*Lodovico once again snatched the letter, and begins screaming yet again*

What are we to do! WHAT ARE WE TO DO! If we turn in the letter, opened, we all die, if we destroy it, we also die! The Imperator might already know! It might be a test. One of *he looks at the other senators* YOU could be behind this. I blame Alexandros Mandromenos! {{ It was Alexandros, in the ballroom, with the candlestick! }} Only the man behind this would not fear going to the authorities. He was the first to arrive at the meeting, only he could have brought in the letter undetected. What more, the armed men surrounding us are none other than his own! I expose you are a traitor and liar Alexandros! An ally of the Xenoi! A member of the Antártes! Oh God save us now! Spare you lonesome child from this den of beasts! Lord have MERCY!

Proverbs 26:23-8

"Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart. Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling."

You shall not betray us to the enemy Alexandros! You shall never again place your hands upon your cursed missive!

"Keep your voice down, fool!" He hisses in irritation at di Capponi. "Remember there are listeners both inside this chamber and outside its walls." He glances at the slaves attending to the food. They had likely heard every word of the discussion, and could not possibly have missed di Capponi's outburst. Disposing of them would be risky, but perhaps if they were poinsoned and traces of poison left in the food suspicion would be cast elsewhere...

{{Ok, who did not bring poison to the faction meeting?}}

Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos

If it was the goal of this message to divide us, it has done a great job already.

*Lazaros voice is dripping with sarcasm.*

We worked together very well, until this peace of paper appeared an we should not change that fact because of some cryptic numbers and letters.

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #21

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Markos of the noble House VON HABSBURG (played by: GulMacet)
  2. senator Zeno of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  3. senator Kastor of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)

2) that as of this moment the Imperial Senate consists of 17 Senators as per the Album Senatorium:
  1. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  3. senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  4. senator Lodovico of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  5. senator Alexandros of the noble House MANDROMENOS (played by: Mach Twelve)
  6. senator Lazaros of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  7. senator Honorius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  8. senator Leon of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. senator Nonamark of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  10. senator Alexios of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  11. senator Valerios of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  12. senator Duilius of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  13. senator Harun of the noble House AL-ASKARI (played by: bigseb31213)
  14. senator Marius of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  15. senator Alexios of the noble House ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  16. senator Nikephoros of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  17. senator Donasien of the noble House DE LA LUMIERE (played by: Tecumseh23)
  18. senator Markos of the noble House VON HABSBURG (played by: GulMacet)
  19. senator Zeno of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  20. senator Kastor of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  21. VACANT SEAT
  22. VACANT SEAT
  23. VACANT SEAT
  24. VACANT SEAT

Unofficial version of the Album Senatorium is available online here.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikophoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

I believe we've agreed on most things save the Jews Senator Melissenos, the letter is currently the bigger problem. However if most of you feel that showing this letter to the President is the best option, I will concede to that.

May the Lord and Saint Markos protect us and our honesty.

{{Is the meeting over?}}

{{ No, the meeting will last until 06:00 PM on Monday - unless everyone agrees to end it sooner. }}

Senator Decius Pylaeus

We worked together very well, until this peace of paper appeared an we should not change that fact because of some cryptic numbers and letters.

"Senator Melissenos is right. We cannot be divided by such a cryptical letter. I suggest a relative majority vote will suffice for this problem. So, please cast your votes:

• I want to deliver the letter to the president of the senate (and reveal it later to the senate at large).
  • I want to preserve the letter and keep it in secret.
  • I want to cleanse this cryptical nonsense by fire to reveal its true nature.
My stance on this issue is that since we know its contents now, we may as well burn it. If anything was to be shown to us, one could always step up and speak to us in this hall - since the message is cryptical and has been delivered in secret, it has probably been conjured by some form of Xenoi dark magic or diabolus himself and as a good Christianos I cannot stand to see such a vile creation exist if we can just cleanse it to serve Iesos Kristos.

There is, however, also another topic that we should talk about. While it is great that we are already talking about possible policies for the senate session, it seems to have been forgotten that we can redirect our ressources as a demes at this critical point of time. So, where shall our focus lie in the future?"

{{We have not talked about changing our faction bonus yet. I am going to present something later, but anyone can propose changes. Replacing the advisor pool and core creation for tolerance of the true faith and unrest reduction might be a good idea currently.

Let me quote the AARgustus to elaborate on the rules for this:

During this meeting the White Demes can also change its modifiers in the same way Senate Policies are made („buying” bonuses from Nation Designer list). Here's a list of the current modifers White Demes provides while it's a dominant Faction:
Code:
#Good
global_autonomy = -0.05
global_missionary_strength = 0.01
advisor_pool = 1
core_creation = -0.05

#Bad
army_tradition = -0.5
idea_cost = 0.05
war_exhaustion = 0.025
inflation_reduction = +0.02

#Cost
advisor_cost = 0.30
You can change the bonuses (#Good modifiers) in any way you want using administrative modifiers from Nation Designer list. Warning – in case information on the wiki is outdated the in-game costs apply.

Other rules:
  • Your „budget” you can use to „buy” bonuses is equal to 25 points.
  • You have to have at least 2 and up to 4 bonuses (so you can't use all points to buy one superbonus)
  • I'll be changing maluses accordingly so expect for instance Blue Demes to give malus to coring cost if White Demes gives bonus in this area.
  • The cost modifiers will be eliminated entirely.

}}

"I for one would like to preserve the letter to continue studying it for any additional hidden messages. For now it seems suspicious by its very nature, but its contents itself is still unclear. If we preserve it we can present it as evidence later, once the situation becomes clearer. Destroying it could deny us a valuable resource and implicate us deeper in the conspiracy. The contents of the note itself seems harmless, but if we destroy it, well, it could have said anything. While presenting it to the President or the Senate in its current form would be of no use to a possible investigation, and would still not clear the suspicion from us."

* I want to preserve the letter and keep it in secret.

"I did propose a renewed focus for our demes, honoured Speaker. And most of the Demes seemed to agree it was the proper course. All the excitement must have made you forget., so let me present it again."

White Demes Faction Bonuses {{24/25 points}}

National Unrest -1,5 {{9 points}}
Tolerance of the True Faith +1 {{3 points}}
National Tax Modifier +15.0% {{9 points}}
Production Efficiency +10.0% {{3 points}}

I, if I am not mistaken, still posses the letter! And I, and I alone, will say what happens to it!

*Lodovico sees the glares from the other Senators, and cringes inwardly*

T-t-to humor you, I sh-shall vote f-f-for further s-s-study, but until th-th-that time, I shall hold onto it. Not Alexandros!

I-i-i give m-m-my support f-f-for Lord Serapis' p-p-plans.

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

Nothing begets suspicion than a letter from the unknown especially if kept hidden, the purges never end...

I wish to cleanse this cryptical nonsense by fire to reveal its true nature.

As for the focus of our Demes, I have already agreed to the proposition of Senator Serapis and will continue to do so.

Last edited: