• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius takes the letter from the hysterical di Capponi, "Be calm, brothers. Do not act out of fear or you will surely perish." He turns it around in his hands and holds it up before a candle's flame, close enough to read hidden text but not close enough to burn it. {{anything?}}
Moved close to the candle's flame the letter remains the same. You are a little dissapointed but on the other hand you didn't put much faith in-

Suddenly barely visible letters appear on the letter - surprised you try to decipher the inscription...
There is definitely something written on the letter but you are unsure what is it exactly. You come up with three possible versions of the hidden message- unfortunately, none of them makes much sense to you. Or do they it?

"Well the Order once divided the western schismatics and weakened the Bishop of Rome and the False Empire, paving the way for both the Xenoi Invasion and the Roman reconquest of Italia. But that tells us nothing. Enemies in the same Household cold refer to rebels, but rebellions are already breaking out in Bavaria as in every other part of the Imperium. We already knew this, so what need to be cryptic about it? Now, but look at this..."

{{To the Bible-mobile! There's a line I thought I would never write.}}

{{Seriously Czoklet. When are you changing your icon to the Troll Emperor image? The Augustus is just messing with the Senate at this point.}}

Reactions:
Senator Lodovico di Capponi

*Lodovico has calmed down slightly, and tries to muster up an answer*

My lords, I do not understand the d, but 635 is the year the first Christian missionaries arrived in the land of Serica.

Lazaros II. Melissenos

*Lazaros leans back and mainly listens to the discussions of his fellow senators. If he has own thoughts on the meaning of the collection of numbers, he doesn't utter them.*

*Lodovico has calmed down slightly, and tries to muster up an answer*

My lords, I do not understand the d, but 635 is the year the first Christian missionaries arrived in the land of Serica.

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

And how, mind you does the concerns of Serica, the concerns of the Whites. If the ruler of Serica sought audience with the Imperium, a strange letter wouldn't be the way. In 635, however, Musliums seized land from the province of Syria, much like the Sons of Timur now.

He keeps investigating the letter, leaving the interpretation to the others. He runs his fingertips carefully over it, hoping to feel any mark that could hide another hint. The juice of a lemon could have made the first hidden message. Any number of substances could be revealed by exposure to certain chemicals. But that would require time and caution, lest their use damage another hidden clue. "I may need to take this letter away for analysis. I have some friends who excel at things like this. Myself, I'm nothing but a dabbler."

{{ di Capponi is twice the crazy old man I could ever be, holy shit. }}

{{ I'm officially hype as fuck for the next session. }}

{{ Also, I appreciate Czoklet going out of his way to fuck me over with the meeting intro. You know exactly what I'm talking about you bastard. And if you don't:

Vae Victis }}

Reactions:
Senator Iskandar Ouranos

Careful friend, taking a suspicious letter makes from a suspicious man in the eyes of many. But let us think who would send such a mysterious and coded message? Especially one that could possibly predict a civil war? One linked to religion with dates hinting towards men of the faith...

We all know my position on the matter. We go to the President, sooner rather than later.

We all know my position on the matter. We go to the President, sooner rather than later.

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

Going to the President seems to be the safe option.. is what the people that sent the letter would want us to think

*Iskandar's old but clear-headed eyes dart around the room*

Yet not reporting it at all could be marked as treason for conspiracy...
Saint Markos protect us, what are we to do?

Senator Lazaros Melissenos

Thinking about who would send this is probably a wast of time since there is an enormous amount of combinations between sender and intend. A friend who ant to warn us from something? Someone trying to incriminate us? To confuse us? To sew discord? Is it someone in the imperial palace? Another senator? A rebel or heretic? To many possibilities with the few clues we have.

And again, I promote the option to reveal the message to the senate. In session or befor.

{{Are non-whites allowed to speculate on the meaning of this? I have a few guesses. One would be ok for the Whites, and one made me go "holy shit, the Whites are utterly screwed"

I will say that websites that compile Bible verses are very informative. That is all.}}

Reactions:
Senator Iskandar Ouranos

Going to the President seems to be the safe option.. is what the people that sent the letter would want us to think

*Iskandar's old but clear-headed eyes dart around the room*

Yet not reporting it at all could be marked as treason for conspiracy...
Saint Markos protect us, what are we to do?

This is why I support reporting this letter to the appropriate authority. How can a loyal man taking proper action be tried of treason?

Senator Lazaros Melissenos

Thinking about who would send this is probably a wast of time since there is an enormous amount of combinations between sender and intend. A friend who ant to warn us from something? Someone trying to incriminate us? To confuse us? To sew discord? Is it someone in the imperial palace? Another senator? A rebel or heretic? To many possibilities with the few clues we have.

And again, I promote the option to reveal the message to the senate. In session or befor.

Informing the President and telling the Senate are not mutually exclusive, why not both. Tell the President now, and the Senate at the start of the meeting.

{{Did the Blues report their letter to the Senate? Also, how were you going to introduce the letter if Iskandar didn't hit the table Czoklet?}}

{{Are non-whites allowed to speculate on the meaning of this? I have a few guesses. One would be ok for the Whites, and one made me go "holy shit, the Whites are utterly screwed"

I will say that websites that compile Bible verses are very informative. That is all.}}

{{This is meeting of the Whites, so no.}}

{{speculation}}
{{Please do not participate in the meeting of the White Demes in any way - I'm giving you a warning. }}

{{Did the Blues report their letter to the Senate? Also, how were you going to introduce the letter if Iskandar didn't hit the table Czoklet?}}
{{Life, uh, finds a way ;) }}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{There is no end to the machinations and intrigue within the empire. Perhaps the whites should follow Serpents idea and inspect it more closely.}}

*Lodovico once again snatched the letter, and begins screaming yet again*

What are we to do! WHAT ARE WE TO DO! If we turn in the letter, opened, we all die, if we destroy it, we also die! The Imperator might already know! It might be a test. One of *he looks at the other senators* YOU could be behind this. I blame Alexandros Mandromenos! {{ It was Alexandros, in the ballroom, with the candlestick! }} Only the man behind this would not fear going to the authorities. He was the first to arrive at the meeting, only he could have brought in the letter undetected. What more, the armed men surrounding us are none other than his own! I expose you are a traitor and liar Alexandros! An ally of the Xenoi! A member of the Antártes! Oh God save us now! Spare you lonesome child from this den of beasts! Lord have MERCY!

Proverbs 26:23-8

"Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart. Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling."

You shall not betray us to the enemy Alexandros! You shall never again place your hands upon your cursed missive!

Reactions:

{{ Aren't you a White ? It says so on the google docs }}

Reactions: