• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Iskandar Ouranos

*Iskandar mulls over his cup of wine, listening intently at the proposal of both Senators, he calmly addresses the other Senators*

The Ouranos family has always served, never lead. He are the ones that offer aid and honest, truthful opinions. If I were to chose someone however, it would be Senator Pylaeus. He may seem like a mystery to all you youngsters, but I assure you from personal experience, he is a man worth listening to. He is a respected man in the Senate, more-so than I ever was...

*He gives a nod to Pylaeus.*

This era filled with death and horrors will never end in the eyes of many. But seeing the new generations of White Demes, *He gestures to Serapis and Mandromenos* has given me a shimmer of hope. You may find this opinion of mine worthless, but this old relic of the past sees in you the future that will see the Imperium back to it's former glory. You will be the wheels that will trudge through the mud of chaos, to lead the carriage back to the stone-tilled path of stability.

{{Will we get to know exactly what the doctrines of the new heretics are before the sessions? I'd like to know for... reasons. All we know now is that it's populist and lead by a woman, not much to go by in terms of combating it. (or god forbid roleplaying it) :D }}

{{Also, looky here, it appears that it is the traders of the Blue Demes who are actually making money for the Imperium. This SHALL be brought up in the session...}}

Reactions:
{{Will we get to know exactly what the doctrines of the new heretics are before the sessions? I'd like to know for... reasons. All we know now is that it's populist and lead by a woman, not much to go by in terms of combating it. (or god forbid roleplaying it) :D }}
{{Nobody knows much at this point - which BTW is kinda funny seeing some of you make a lot of assumptions considering this movement - so you will have to wait until the next events from the even chain fire I'm afraid ;) }}

{{No, I found that ;). I mean what is the unmodified tax and production income from the provinces? The base income before things like Imperial Corruption, Autonomy and Plague are included. I believe that is the base that our policy-modifiers will be calculated on. Or maybe your base development in the three different aspects. What I'm trying to find out is what would bring the most income. More production % or more tax %. And since that picture shows tax incomes as 0 I can't calculate anything based on it"
{{Here you go:}}

avEeykf.jpg

hs6TxAT.jpg

eCBzzT7.jpg

9lj1tq6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Iskandar Ouranos

*Iskandar mulls over his cup of wine, listening intently at the proposal of both Senators, he calmly addresses the other Senators*

The Ouranos family has always served, never lead. He are the ones that offer aid and honest, truthful opinions. If I were to chose someone however, it would be Senator Pylaeus. He may seem like a mystery to all you youngsters, but I assure you from personal experience, he is a man worth listening to. He is a respected man in the Senate, more-so than I ever was...

This era filled with death and horrors will never end in the eyes of many. But seeing the new generations of White Demes, *He gestures to Serapis and Mandromenos* has given me a shimmer of hope. You may find this opinion of mine worthless, but this old relic of the past sees in you the future that will see the Imperium back to it's former glory. You will be the wheels that will trudge through the mud of chaos, to lead the carriage back to the stone-tilled path of stability.

Senator Alexandros Mandromenos

I thank you for your words in confidence in my abilities Senator Ouranos. The matter remains that only through universal acclaim can a Speaker rise. I support Pyaleus, Serapis support Pyaleus, Ouranos supports Pyaleus, but two voices remain to be heard. What say you Melissenos? What say you di Capponi?

{{Also, looky here, it appears that it is the traders of the Blue Demes who are actually making money for the Imperium. This SHALL be brought up in the session...}}

{{ Well it seems I was wrong although it will be hard to explain in RP :p }}

Senator Lodivico di Capponi:

*With the sudden attention brought by Alexandros' claims, Lodovico cringes inward, climbs from under his seat, and almost inaudibly give his response*

I-i-i see no p-p-p-problem with th-th-the esteemed Pyaleus. Th-th-though I am qu-qu-ite unwanted by I-i-iskandar Ouranos, I pl-pledge myself t-t-t-to whatever prerogative he m-may present, save for any actions t-t-towrards the Evraíoi. Th-th-they are loyal, productive m-m-merchants, who provide income t-t-t-to the Imperium un-like the p-p-proletarian swine which inhabit even i-i-its greatest cities.

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Marius confers with his attendant briefly over the new figures presented by a servant of the court. "It seems, he concludes, that once the plague and disorder have passed a tax reform would be more profitable than a reform of production. I think we should prioritise taxes in both our faction administration and our Policy, if we decide that we should place emphasis on income over stability. I believe a legal reform to calm the masses and bring a peaceful end to the worst of the rebellions is the more urgent need. The budget can be brought into balance by cutting military spending to our currently useless armies. I would propose these reforms:"

The Peace of Divine Justice Law: {{12/20 pts.}}

National Unrest -1,5 {{9 points}}
Tolerance of the True Faith +1 {{3 points}}

White Demes Faction Bonuses {{24/25 points}}

National Unrest -1,5 {{9 points}}
Tolerance of the True Faith +1 {{3 points}}
National Tax Modifier +15.0% {{9 points}}
Production Efficiency +10.0% {{3points}}

"In this crisis both reforms would be invaluable, and once peace is restored they would allow us to drastically centralise the Imperium {{by reducing local autonomy}} without the risk of serious rebellions. That would help us heal the ravages of the plague and quickly strengthen the Imperium."
{{Hire a theologian and you get -7 revolt risk.
It's too bad there's no cost 9 level +1.5 for religious tolerance.

Edited -1 to +1. I don't want to make the Imperium less tolerant to the true faith. That I leave to the Blues. ;)}}

Last edited:
Senator Lazaros II. Melissenos

As mentioned before I would support one of the experienced senators, so esteemed Pylaeus seems a good choice to me and I support him. Showing unity in this decision is already a good sign.

*Lazaros nods towars Senator Pylaeus.*

Your reforms, Senator Serapis, show long term thinking and I see no reason not to agree with them. While short term gains could be more useful, it might be worth the risk to take a long term route here. The empire will need every strength it can get and that probably for centuries to come. If we learn from the current crisis we might avert a second one in the future.

And lastly, I do not support the confiscation of land and wealth from the church, to steal from the men of the LORD would be heresy and to rectify such a sin would require purification by fire. However, the Jews should be condemned for their crimes against the LORD and this empire.
{{Sorry Serapis, I think I found the new rival of the Salamis Senator :p}}

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

I too support the ideas of Senator Serapis. The boosts in production will alleviate our crumbling taxing revenues, a theologian in court will help de-legitimize the upcoming cult. As for the Jews, I still believe they are to be used as scapegoat. Unity in anger, righteous justice for all those lost...

Last edited:
Senator Decius Pylaeus:

I support Pyaleus
I-i-i see no p-p-p-problem with th-th-the esteemed Pyaleus.
*Lazaros nods towars Senator Pylaeus.*

"I am overwhelmed by this vote of confidence, my friends. This might just be something unique that never happened before - a faction speaker is uniformally elected without proposing his candidature and everyone agrees. Only good can come of this! So as far as the position of faction speaker is concerned, I am willing to take on this heavy burden in these dark times. We will have to face a lot of criticism from the other demes and as a veteran I will use my experience to thwart their efforts, so that the senate may concentrate on improval instead of bickering. So if there were any doubts left in your minds, rest aussred. Together we will bring the senate much needed reforms to combat the hardships we currently face!

I still have to go through the most recent intel we received, so please forgive me if I join the reform debate at a later time."

{{Sorry guys, today has been really busy, but I'll be more active in a couple of hours.

While you, Senator Decius, has a political competence that is beyond question. And you, Senator Pylaeus

This is confusing. My senator is Decius Pylaeus. You were referring to Melissenos in the last sentence, I presume?

Also, senators proposing another person uniformally as their speaker? Take that, other demes! Now we are talking about strength in unity.}}

*Alexandros frowns slightly*

And who exactly will support these reforms, especially your divine justice law? What I see is a policy that is exclusively White, if I were a Red or a Blue, I would reject it on principle alone. To pass a policy, that policy needs support of two of the Demes. Once again I return to the Militum Agerent Reformavit. But with one modification to make it more favorable to us Whites. The land maintenance will take precedence but will add an increase to taxation to give us more coin to spend on other matter {-15& land maintenance, +10 Tax Income}. This will appeal to both the Reds and the Whites and will ensure its passage. At the same time, I recognize that I stand alone on the importance of the Army in these times and will yield on the issue of its budget. Your reforms of the faction's focuses are agreeable, along with the hiring of a theologian, but I once again stress the need for other ways to increase revenue and decrease expense. The navy should also see a similar cutback. Tariffs are yet another. These points must not be forgotten.

No matter, neither of us are the Speaker, and therefore it is not our decision. *Alexandros turns to Senator Pylaeus* Esteemed Speaker, the members of your Demes have proposed two policies for your review. What do you think of them?

{You will be available during the Senate Meeting ThetrueColt?}

{{ the reds approve that question :p }}

{{Yep, definitely having to ensure this happens for our Demes. Also RE the Whites, technically it's cheating to read them as an outsider but it's too much fun not to. I definitely have my own ideas about a Red Deme proposal and indeed the traditional Red-White alliance is likely to make a comeback given the shared interests and renewed reactionary-ism. Though from a gamer's perspective I think reducing the army maintenance is a must, plus either a bonus to taxes, unrest, or perhaps tolerance of the true faith or stability cost/inflation bonuses, depending, as really we need a bit of everything. I'm more inclined to go for unrest reduction or tolerance as both would provide immediate tangible benefits, though the tax would perhaps be more useful in the long run, I think forestalling the rebellions as long as possible are more important due to the manpower/morale crises.}}

Reactions:
Senator Lodovico di Capponi:

Evraíoi as a s-s-s-scapegoat? Illogical! T-t-to betray th-th-e sons of Abraham w-would be the g-g-greatest h-h-heresy! To do so would fall i-into the works of the Devil! Of the Xenoi's dark gods!

*Once again a near madness fills the Chorepiscopus*

The Sons of Timur, the Xenoi, the Antártes (rebels), all equal evils, all turn on the Evraíoi! To sell them to these evils would would make the same mistake committed in days of old. I will not allow a covenant to be made with The Enemy! I will not! It says it clearly in the holy texts, in books of Tall-Words, that sacrosanct Book of the House of the Princes of God as written in Maccabees 1:12 -

"In those days there went out of Israel wicked men, and they persuaded many, saying: Let us go, and make a covenant with the heathens that are round about us: for since we departed from them, many evils have befallen us.

And the word seemed good in their eyes."

*Now screaming louder and louder*

We will make no covenant with the heathens, as that will not save us, but incur God's wrath! Do we need a scapegoat? Make it the Rebels! They are truly to blame! The plebian is like an animal, no, is an animal, it can only think about one object at a time! Turn beast against beast and no claw will wound the master. Turn rebel against loyalist. Antártes against Nomimófrones! You have your scapegoat! You have it!

*Lodovico returns to his seat, mumbling verses to himself, visibly distraught and shaken*

Senator Marius Serapis of the White Demes

Senator Iskandar Ouranos

I too support the ideas of Senator Serapis. The boosts in production will alleviate our crumbling taxing revenues, a theologian in court will help de-legitimize the upcoming cult. As for the Jews, I still believe they are to used as scapegoat. Unity in anger, righteous justice for all those lost...

"I can see the wisdom in that. The Imperium needs the funds and the jews undermine our unity of Faith. They should be compelled to accept our saviour, and until they do should be heavily taxed."

*Alexandros frowns slightly*

And who exactly will support these reforms, especially your divine justice law? What I see is a policy that is exclusively White, if I were a Red or a Blue, I would reject it on principle alone. To pass a policy, that policy needs support of two of the Demes. Once again I return to the Militum Agerent Reformavit. But with one modification to make it more favorable to us Whites. The land maintenance will take precedence but will add an increase to taxation to give us more coin to spend on other matter {-15& land maintenance, +10 Tax Income}. This will appeal to both the Reds and the Whites and will ensure its passage. At the same time, I recognize that I stand alone on the importance of the Army in these times and will yield on the issue of its budget. Your reforms of the faction's focuses are agreeable, along with the hiring of a theologian, but I once again stress the need for other ways to increase revenue and decrease expense. The navy should also see a similar cutback. Tariffs are yet another. These points must not be forgotten.

No matter, neither of us are the Speaker, and therefore it is not our decision. *Alexandros turns to Senator Pylaeus* Esteemed Speaker, the members of your Demes have proposed two policies for your review. What do you think of them?

{You will be available during the Senate Meeting ThetrueColt?}

"That is a valid concern, Senator Mandromenos, and I certainly agree with you on the navy. In any case the policies we have proposed now can only be treated as the starting point for negotiations. And we must be prepared to compromise."

{{Sorry Serapis, I think I found the new rival of the Salamis Senator :p}}

{{:( Oh no, it seems I'm too moderate.}}

Senator Decius Pylaeus:
This is confusing. My senator is Decius Pylaeus. You were referring to Melissenos in the last sentence, I presume?

{{Yes, sorry about that.}}

"You have my congratulations, Senator Pylaeus. I am sure you will be an able speaker for our Demes, and I shall try to be as dedicated in your support as you were to my Father." He bows slightly.

Senator Lodovico di Capponi:
We will make no covenant with the heathens, as that will not save us, but incur God's wrath! Do we need a scapegoat? Make it the Rebels! They are truly to blame! The plebian is like an animal, no, is an animal, it can only think about one object at a time! Turn beast against beast and no claw will wound the master. Turn rebel against loyalist. Antártes against Nomimófrones! You have your scapegoat! You have it!

"The Imperium can survive without jews, Senator di Capponi. It can not survive without plebeians."

Lazaros II. Melissenos

*Lazaros takes a long, long look at Senator di Capponim before mumbling something under his veil. He then turns his head towards Senator Mandromenos.*

No one here is denying the importance of the army. We recognize it's importance in fighting the rebels and protect us from outside threats alike. But you cant deny the truth that reducing naval spending and strengthening the income simply wouldn't be enough to stop the imperial deficit from rising even further. There need to be made cuts in the spending for the army and the most saving comes from disbanding the least useful parts of it.

Still, you are not wrong in your assessment of the policies and your idea of a pact with the reds does sound like a sound idea we shouldn't discard. But let's not forget the blue Demes. Even if everything the senate decide can only harm them, they should not be underestimated.