• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I will justify it, thanks :)
Another question-
I established in my biographies that the castle of Salamis and the cities around it have grown during the time of power of house Salamis (when it took over much of the trade in Greece along with house Raoul), and became a quite big city (for an Aristoi family). So will it be ok if my chracter's residence is castle Salamis? I mean, the world here is different than ours :p
Wasn't it mandatory for the Senators to live in Konstantinopolis ?

Well the Session will be the darkest everyone has seen uptil now I guess. Before, well occasionaly Reds served in the Army, Blues in the Navy but they were safe as commanders. Now they faced a plague that decimated their relatives and the few that survived were victim of the mob, a Mob motivated by anger and fear ; the remaining members had to flee for their lives, some must have their family killed, raped or worse.
I expect of you my fellow senators to show some PTSD at least against this :p
If you want to read about a true horror I advise checking out the description of the Plague of Justinian by Procopius on webpage of the Internet History Sourcebook Project. I was inspired by it and used some of the passages while describing the Black Death in last chapter but Plague of Justinian really happened and more than 40% inhabitants of Constantinople died due to the disease IRL

Wasn't it mandatory for the Senators to live in Konstantinopolis ?
You were given an option to move to the City at one point although it may become mandatory for reasons to be revealed ;)

You mean castle on Salamis Island? Yeah, it will be fine :)
Yeah... Though I only discovered that it's an island today, haha. I'll have to ignore that I didn't write anything about it being an island before and include it. I'll add it to the house bio when you create the google docs.
Oh, last thing- can house Salsmis hold the island of Salsmis as a whole (as its only land)? I don't think it's that big, at least I hope it isn't.

The island is pretty big - let's not get too greedy :p

It sure is :) If you want to engage in some scheming you are welcome to do so during Faction Meeting and Senate Session. From perspective of game mechanics it's entirely possible for the Imperium to swtich from monarchy to republic, though from perspective of the story that would be... insane.

Having said that, I won't stop you from plotting against the Throne - remember however what you are talking about is high treason. Luckily back in September 2014 I knew it may come to this, so you can say that I'm prepared:

SS9ClNN.jpg

;)
Great, now you are showing us a big red button and everybody will want to press that one.;)

Reactions:
What I am reading? Republics? Theocracies? Theodoro's plague surely did something on your brains. The Senate needs more power, yes, to gain authority over dynatoi and the holy church, and to decide about more aspects regarding the empire. While we should push out the angeloi from their "sacred altar", Rome needs a head backed by a powerful senate.

qp3mk_zps3a77ab87.jpg

Reactions:
Iskandar is alive! Rngesus is with me for once, yaaay. Sorry about all the others that died though.

What I am reading? Republics? Theocracies? Theodoro's plague surely did something on your brains. The Senate needs more power, yes, to gain authority over dynatoi and the holy church, and to decide about more aspects regarding the empire. While we should push out the angeloi from their "sacred altar", Rome needs a head backed by a powerful senate.

Perhaps, but how do we reach that goal? How do we make the senate more powerful? The Emperor and the Dynatoi won't simply surrender any of their power to us voluntarily, and we are in a unique position to force them. An imperial figurehead would work just as well as a republic, perhaps even better because then he could be the scape-goat for our failures, but the current emperor must go either way. He is too tainted by the current crisis.
Fortunately there is an older brother with an excellent claim who could be convinced to make concessions in return for the crown. An English style post Charles II consititutional monarchy would be acceptable. Then Czokletmuss could integrate the Common Sense Parlamentarism into the game.

Reactions:
The thing is, the Senate would have to act fast, careful and cunning. Putting people loyal to us in a place of power, using the current events and weakness of the empire to our advantage (for example play the Orthodox and the Angeloduli against each other, who wins wouldn’t be important to us). And most importantly, to quote Benjamin Franklin, we would need to hang together or we would very soon hang separately. Considering that we weren't even able to decide on something as simple as a policy I don't see us accomplishing this very soon... :D

But I agree, it would be awesome and I would be all for it! Maybe we could surprise Czoklet!

Reactions:
Wow, three whole senators...

And I get to be one of them! An old man who has suffered from athanatoi interrogation and plague fevers and has probably gone completely mad now has a say in the direction of the empire. That's how you play the political game, baby!

Reactions:
Good ideas there, but how can we actually discuss that in the Senate? It would be high treason, an awesome high trason :D

Good ideas there, but how can we actually discuss that in the Senate? It would be high treason, an awesome high trason :D
It has been implied that the Imperial Red Tape is everywhere. No place is safe from spying, be it the Faction Meetings, the recess or the actual Session.

We would need to meet in private, in small groups somewhere hidden in Constantinople, which would be easy, since the city is in shambles in the moment. Although we could not really play this out so the best we could do would be to discuss it ooc between sessions. I mean, plan ooc what our characters would do ic and then implement it during one of the sessions.

If we discuss it in session I doubt that any one of us would leave the magna aura alive. ;)

We would need to meet in private, in small groups somewhere hidden in Constantinople, which would be easy, since the city is in shambles in the moment. Although we could not really play this out so the best we could do would be to discuss it ooc between sessions. I mean, plan ooc what our characters would do ic and then implement it during one of the sessions.

If we discuss it in session I doubt that any one of us would leave the magna aura alive. ;)
Thing is, who do you trust ? One man speaking of it and revealing it in front of the Senate the names of the traitors would crush the whole plan :p (no I don't plan to do this but it's a possibility)

Wow, three whole senators...

And I get to be one of them! An old man who has suffered from athanatoi interrogation and plague fevers and has probably gone completely mad now has a say in the direction of the empire. That's how you play the political game, baby!

I propose we change the factions to the Republic conspirators and Crazy Old man factions!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thing is, who do you trust ? One man speaking of it and revealing it in front of the Senate the names of the traitors would crush the whole plan :p (no I don't plan to do this but it's a possibility)

Isn't that the way with all conspiracies? Everyone involved would need to believe in the plan (or believe hat he has more to gain by following it). That would probably include most of the senate an via our influence and wealth most of the necessary accomplices. But the problem is weeding out the loyalists, those who would follow the Emperor no matter what...

There is a bit of a problem here. On the one hand, now is the perfect time to strike. The empire is weak, the army disorganized, Constantinople a chaos and the reformation has begun. On the other we are mostly new senators, many which probably have never met each other and so there is the problem you mention: Knowing who to trust and who not. Even with family ties that some of us have.

Also don't forget that anyone can be a traitor. I'm pretty sure I could find at least one Senator willing to cooperate - imperial agents can be persuasive and although there is not much gold in coffers of the Aerarium there is still enough to make one man more wealthy and powerful than he could ever imagine ;)

Reactions: