• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a certain Twitch chat would say: "Never lucky BabyRage"

Seriously though, ouch. Will our senators undergo a roll to see if they've died to the plague? Have they been killed during the peasant revolt of Constantinople?

So the Imperium has lost against the Xenoi and the Timurds... Bad, but I wouldn't say the End Times have arrived. We have many centuries to reclaim the territory and more. The Black Death seems just as devastating here as it was in real life. I'm left with two burning questions:

1. I do not mean to doubt your skills, but can you defeat all these rebels? The timing of everything makes it seem like you'll lose to them too, which would leave the Imperium in shambles.

2. So... will a Senator be killed if they support this new faith? Because it sounds amazing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is basically a faith that worships the royal family directly AND women get to preach. Not only would embracing this faith move the Imperium one step closer to becoming the Imperium of Man (with Saint Markos as the God-Emperor), but we might even see some female Senators...

Will our senators undergo a roll to see if they've died to the plague? Have they been killed during the peasant revolt of Constantinople?
1) Already did :)
2) Yes.

So the Imperium has lost against the Xenoi and the Timurds... Bad, but I wouldn't say the End Times have arrived. We have many centuries to reclaim the territory and more. The Black Death seems just as devastating here as it was in real life. I'm left with two burning questions:

1. I do not mean to doubt your skills, but can you defeat all these rebels? The timing of everything makes it seem like you'll lose to them too, which would leave the Imperium in shambles.

2. So... will a Senator be killed if they support this new faith? Because it sounds amazing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is basically a faith that worships the royal family directly AND women get to preach. Not only would embracing this faith move the Imperium one step closer to becoming the Imperium of Man (with Saint Markos as the God-Emperor), but we might even see some female Senators...
1) I don't know. It will depend on what policy you (the Senate) will give me. I could really use some Discipline bonus but without bonuses to land maintanance and/or taxes I may start accumulating debt again (right now I'm at -30 monies/month AFAIK). This will be a difficult call to make - luckily you will have to make it :D There will be also a special decision to enact which will be profitable and really helpful although morally questionable...

2) So far there was only one event shown out of many I've prepared - for the time being I can't really comment on this :) Although - obviously - heresy is punishable by death.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Let's all acknowledge that Blues clearly brought about the plague and the end of the world with their exploration obsession.

Meanwhile the Taurninus are likely hiding out in Taurica cursing the Blues every moment.

But yeah this is an awesome chapter, I was getting a bit worried that the Imperium was getting to the point where it was just going to steamroll the world for the next few centuries. Instead I'm concerned that we're going to die by rebels before the Aztecs or Timurids or Pisa or Aquatain can finish us. Bankrupcy is bad enough in EU4 without the plague, this...this does not look good.
On that note, awesome job CzokletMuss, the Imperium just had its second apocalypse and it was excellent.

Reactions:
1) Already did :)
2) Yes.
Well it does not look well for the aristoi ...

BTW Czoklet I hope you coded some event for the Plague to sweep in the Far West too ;) (and maybe the Timurids could have a reduced but still a malus ?)

Reactions:
Let's all acknowledge that Blues clearly brought about the plague and the end of the world with their exploration obsession.

Meanwhile the Taurninus are likely hiding out in Taurica cursing the Blues every moment.

But yeah this is an awesome chapter, I was getting a bit worried that the Imperium was getting to the point where it was just going to steamroll the world for the next few centuries. Instead I'm concerned that we're going to die by rebels before the Aztecs or Timurids or Pisa or Aquatain can finish us. Bankrupcy is bad enough in EU4 without the plague, this...this does not look good.
On that note, awesome job CzokletMuss, the Imperium just had its second apocalypse and it was excellent.

Yup, 2nd Purge of the Blues anyone?

Reactions:
Well it does not look well for the aristoi ...

BTW Czoklet I hope you coded some event for the Plague to sweep in the Far West too ;) (and maybe the Timurids could have a reduced but still a malus ?)

You know Czoklet, right? The Xenoi propably gain strenght by using the plaque as a kind of magic blood ritual or something...

Reactions:
You know Czoklet, right? The Xenoi propably gain strenght by using the plaque as a kind of magic blood ritual or something...

No, I'd say he has been mostly fair with diseases and revolts. The Xenoi's grip on Europe was reduced thanks to a Peasant's War in the New World. I'm confident they can get the plague.

I'm not sure whether the Imperium will survive either. And that's great! I would hate to have this campaign reduced to mindless blobbing.
fallout-fire_00409960.png

Yup. :)

Reactions:
Wow. WOW. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TERRYFYINGLY AMAZING.
Awesome work, your writing is really, really great!
Btw, I disagree that the blues brought the plague. This was deemed unlikely by the scholars, and the whites are in power so the governor of Aegyptus could just have lied.
A question- how is the situation in the rest of Greece?

Btw, I disagree that the blues brought the plague. This was deemed unlikely by the scholars, and the whites are in power so the governor of Aegyptus could just have lied.

See, that's the right way of thinking. As soon as the White Demes take over, everyone goes from bad to worse. :D

Thanks! :) Can't tell about "Greece" right now but I can give you small sneak peek:

xouzoqb.jpg

Reactions:
xouzoqb.jpg

Please tell me the Imperium has some kind of super weapon. The Brotherhood of the Holy Sephuchre should still be knocking about right? ofc, we could just accept the peasent demands and then re-focus the worn and weary Imperial Army over to other, more troubled areas.

Even if the di Capponis survived the plague, did they survive the rebellion?

I think we can say that about every family

Orthodox v/s Angelodulism? That's... fantastic. Fellow senators, this might be our only chance to force the Imperial Hand to give us more power. The Angeloi replacing Christ as the center of the faith? Maybe this dark world has been mad for too long. The so called "God's Regent on Earth" may be the cause of these disasters. Thanks to desperation we have taken the wrong path: this worship of the Imperator has gone too far, the Angeloi are no more than false idols. We must protect our people, our faith. We must protect Rome even from those who govern it. The "Black Death", Theodoros's plague, its a sign of God. The Angelos family are no more than simple mortals, and they should show humble at the light of our Lord.

Look what happened. The Angeloi protect? Not anymore.

PS: Civil war! Civil war! Civil war! :D

Edit: And religious wars!

Reactions:
I had to drop out of the game due to little free time, but with the rise of Angelodulism (Emperor's Worship I guess) the Rhadenos might make a return...

As the crazy Emperor worshipers obviously.
All hail the Eternal God-Emperor! Down with that silly Christ guy! Look, he even got nailed to a cross, how can you take seriously someone like that?
Also, the cult of the One True Emperor has Sisters of Battle! Mercy! Crazy nuns are fun, and especially crazy, fighting, pyromaniac nuns!
(If now I don't see a militant order of crazy warrior nuns I'll burn you as heretic Czo!)

Blood for the God-Emperor! Skulls for the Golden Throne!
Let the False Old Imperium Burn!!!

Reactions:
This is too much. Completely unbearable. I don't even know if my new senator (like any aristoi in the capital would have survived all that) can make it to the capital under these circumstances. I have my family's story to write now.

And I need to think about all that.
There will probably be madness. And heresy. Is anyone else in for paranoid and over-the-top crazy senators? There is no reason in this world. There is no light. There are only black flames and the choice of your favorite way to die. This AAR will continue to describe the downfall of the Imperium for the coming decades.

And hell yeah, I'll take a first class ticket on that heresy train - since it has no breaks, we're in for a speedy ride.

Reactions: