• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So why was I executed? What did my character do, or not do for that matter, that was so bad?

So why was I executed? What did my character do, or not do for that matter, that was so bad?
You were probably randomly chosen as the Senator who stole money.

Well that is just unfortunate, I was hoping to do great things with my Senator. Time to make a new one!

Yup, I rolled the dice as always.
Well that is just unfortunate, I was hoping to do great things with my Senator. Time to make a new one!
Before you do that PLEASE wait until the next chapter is released. It's very important.

Before you do that PLEASE wait until the next chapter is released. It's very important.
I was, all I am going to work on is the name of my character and a little bit of their history, nothing directly pertaining to the Imperium as of yet.

I hope your character will be less mighty given he lost his principal source of money and was under the interrogation ;)

Let's just say that after this Diaver has his soul broken after the "kind" interrogation of the authorities, he was lucky that only his right hand took some permanent damage (besides his psique). This whole plot was a stab in the back to the Kastelos Trade Company, so he is much poorer and less resourceful than before. This makes me easier to change the role of my noble house, you'll see after my current senator... expires.

I could see a Mojmirid Tribunal, since they have a strong emphasis on Legality and Justice. :D

I could see a Mojmirid Tribunal, since they have a strong emphasis on Legality and Justice. :D
The Senators will surely vote the heir of the guy who got executed for stealing money to lead the Tribunal :p (Not that the Senate is a place filled with innocent people)

Reactions:
The Senators will surely vote the heir of the guy who got executed for stealing money to lead the Tribunal :p (Not that the Senate is a place filled with innocent people)
Hey now, just because one guy got a little too greedy, does not mean they are all bad. :p

Hey now, just because one guy got a little too greedy, does not mean they are all bad. :p

Or are they all bad? Its been awhile since the empire has had a good proper kill-them-all-on-the-basis-of-relation purge and we may very well be due for another.

I think the one tribunal member chosen by the senate is very interesting. Think about the implications. When someone of the dominant faction stands in front of the tribunal and that faction also can push one of their own as judge, than he has to decide: Loyalty to the faction and declaring innocent no matter what, even if there is danger of becoming accused himself? Or following the wishes of the Emperor in the verdict? Or even *gasp* giving a fair trial?
Same for a Senator from a different faction, just that he could tend to say guilty no matter what to hurt the other faction.
And with an independent, all bets are off. And surly a lots of offers he can't refuse flying around...

Reactions:
Yup, I hope this will become an interesting mechanic :) Also you should take a look at article 14.

Some teasers to ease waiting for the next chapter:

dFbFR4M.jpg

h5fT3Kh.jpg

Reactions:
Well, the loss of a core can only happen after the truce expires, so....
I assume Pisa was peaced out for gold (hopefully...) and the subsequent warring with other factions plus general economic malaise prevented a follow up.
Shouldn't there be a custom CB for reclaiming "Roman" lands, at minimum those in Greece,Anatolia, Italy or the Balkans? I mean core or not Rome would still think those were her rightful territories.

Reactions: