• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And than Poland makes peace for War Reperations...

Argh, don't even get me started, I hate it when AI starts huge war in which hundreds of thousands perish and then settles for 23 ducats or something. It happens almost every playthrough, no matter who am I playing. Byzantium, Ireland, Castille, Ethiopia, Timurids, Aztecs, Holland, Venice - sooner or later this is bound to happen because your ally is an idiot.

Reactions:
Argh, don't even get me started, I hate it when AI starts huge war in which hundreds of thousands perish and then settles for 23 ducats or something. It happens almost every playthrough, no matter who am I playing. Byzantium, Ireland, Castille, Ethiopia, Timurids, Aztecs, Holland, Venice - sooner or later this is bound to happen because your ally is an idiot.

And that's so hard to explain in story too. "The deaths of thousands were all worth it! Our enemy has to give us some money." It's part of the reason why I'm weary of playing Ironman; if the AI is being too dumb, I can switch over to them and make them do the right action.

I always play in Ironman (with SSD saving is not a problem) save for "TIM2: Imperium Sine Fine" but yes, this is really annoying when you are trying to RP.

Also:

5MsvBJ7.jpg

I won't be promising anything as far as ETA goes but I figured that showing you some screenshots which I probably won't use in the final version of the chapter won't hurt anyone :)

Reactions:
I'm glad you asked. Right of the bat, here go a number of reasons for why the whites would take part of this (I'm not saying that the reds are not involved, though):

1) The rebels are religious. Religion is a concern for the white demes. If there are heretics to root out or unbelivers to perish, there are always whites seeking their involvement in the process.
2) The reds have shown somewhat of an inaptitude for strong decisions, so it would surprise me if they were suddenly able to devise cunning plans and execute them.
3) Kind of a lame point, but the whites control the senate right now and so I wanted to give them some propaganda that they can use for their purposes.

Most probably there are quite a number of reds fighting the rebels as well, since combat really is their field of expertise. I like the idea of actual cooperation between different demes to their mutual benefit a lot (as there are only two functioning factions right now, we will have to wait to see if the blues will rise to become strong again).
Normally the whites would not be involved in matters of rebellions. But I like the idea of having some kind of informal "inquisition" that is partially led by some whites to militarily enforce their administrative and religious ideals for the glory of the Imperium. Maybe the AARgustus himself has to say something about the creation of an inquisition to combat religious adversaries of the Imperium?

One possible way to implement such an idea would be the creation of an "inquitisition" Policy, strengthening Missionary strength and combat ability of the troops. A perfectly "pink" policy, as some of us would probably say.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dealing with both Xenoi and the Horde is a tricky business. Hope the purging of the unclean is a success.

Fire washes sin off of the soul and skin off the bone. It cleans away the dirt. And Saint Markos doesn't protect a dirty world.

Did I hear, heresy? Go team!

Reactions:
Well, the White Demes is the dominant faction now, so there's that :)

Well, the White Demes is the dominant faction now, so there's that :)

For now. The Senate works much like a real government body; whichever party/faction is in control won't stay there forever. Keeps things interesting for us. Every Deme will experience being the weakest and the strongest over this narrative, and we'll see them evolve over time into V2.

Same with the Imperium and other nations. We all see that the Horde probably won't be much of a threat in a few decades, and our allies have changed too. Just look at the HRE incident (which knowing this world, will probably get a more historical name attached to it). In a few centuries, the Xenoi may have become a democracy and the Imperium might embrace Communism (no screaming heresy at me, we're not in character right now). It's all very fun to think about, at least to me.

Reactions:
For now. The Senate works much like a real government body; whichever party/faction is in control won't stay there forever. Keeps things interesting for us. Every Deme will experience being the weakest and the strongest over this narrative, and we'll see them evolve over time into V2.

Same with the Imperium and other nations. We all see that the Horde probably won't be much of a threat in a few decades, and our allies have changed too. Just look at the HRE incident (which knowing this world, will probably get a more historical name attached to it). In a few centuries, the Xenoi may have become a democracy and the Imperium might embrace Communism (no screaming heresy at me, we're not in character right now). It's all very fun to think about, at least to me.

Heres...! Oh, wait.

You are totally right. The continuous change of power between factions makes this AAR quite entertaiment and... why not, realistic (its weird to say this to TIM's world).

PPQR - Proletariatum Populesque Romanum... or something like that.

Reactions:
L.M.Q.R: Laboratores Militesque Romanus (Workers and Soldiers of Rome)

Reactions:
Worry not, my friend. With the greedy merchants managing to get themselves killed and the reds acting as bizarre as ever we didn't really have any competition to speak of. May the Imperium prosper under the glorious leadership of the Angeloi and a white controlled senate as its humble servant!

Imagine if Enlil had been poisoned with the other Blues (and one Red).

Worry not, my friend. With the greedy merchants managing to get themselves killed and the reds acting as bizarre as ever we didn't really have any competition to speak of. May the Imperium prosper under the glorious leadership of the Angeloi and a white controlled senate as its humble servant!

HUMBLE?!? I'd hardly call the whites... or for that matter, ANY demes, humble. You guys are probably more patriotic for your demes than you are for the Imperium! *Which is vile heresy if you ask me*

Reactions: