• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Because of the following:
  • I'm quite busy IRL this week and I won't have time to release new content for ISF AAR
  • off-topic discussion continues
  • there is a dedicated thread for mod-related discussion
it was decided that this thread will be locked until the new chapter is ready to be released (probably next week).

Reactions:
Good news, everyone!

The lock was lifted and the thread is now open again. I hope we all have learned a valuable lesson, so please do not post OT again.

Reactions:
ARCHIVES OF PANDIDAKTERION
1540-1543
EXPEDITIONS OF EVANGELOS TSOTRAS

BEhsOu6.jpg

mJt7GZU.jpg

nAFTdKe.jpg

CaQMRXJ.jpg

0UGCBfk.jpg

gRXyEvy.jpg

H0H4WvC.jpg

H08dPRK.jpg

lB4Fvs3.jpg

hE0V2MA.jpg

koSKbbb.jpg

xnmSlyT.jpg

cw0Zdos.jpg

ZX7x3Jq.jpg

Reactions:
Nice to see this active again, and it seems the expedition has found quite a bit of the Far East. I'm curious how Australia has developed in the mad world.

Poor Evangelos Tsotras. He must have died painfully, unlike the previous explorers.
Anybody else notice the large Khmer, fully colonized Chinese Philippines, and Ryukyuan Celebes? It appears the majority of the Asian countries have taken Exploration/Expansion ideas.

Edit: just noticed that Iroqouis fleet near the Canary Islands.

Last edited:
So are the new characters go to be accepted / denied soon? :D

Good news, everyone!

The lock was lifted and the thread is now open again. I hope we all have learned a valuable lesson, so please do not post OT again.

I actually thought I was posting in the mod page because I didn't read well enough and someone replied to me about Orwellian literature and I figured it must be the mod page by default. My bad, sorry guys. :oops:

So are the new characters go to be accepted / denied soon? :D

I actually thought I was posting in the mod page because I didn't read well enough and someone replied to me about Orwellian literature and I figured it must be the mod page by default. My bad, sorry guys. :oops:
I think it's partly my fault as well, as I was the one responding with Orwellian literature and let it get out of control again. Sorry.

Yeah, I agree, we probably should stay on topic from now on.
That being said, will there be a regular update and/or dev diary accompanying this exploration update? I'm quite interested in what modifications/enhancements were made for Ming (and Ryukyu).

Interesting...Iroquoi Boats...Last we heard about the Iroquio Free Cities, they were about to fall to the Xenoi. The fact they are still alive, and are even able to fund a large navy that is operating outside of the american continent, tells me that the Xenoi have become heavily weakend in their home provinces. Coupled with the unrest in europe, it may be a good idea to start a large scale counter offensive in gaul and germania. Also, could we buy or steal a map from the scots? last i saw of their diplomatic relations, they were allied with the Mayans.

I think it's partly my fault as well, as I was the one responding with Orwellian literature and let it get out of control again. Sorry.

Yeah, I agree, we probably should stay on topic from now on.
That being said, will there be a regular update and/or dev diary accompanying this exploration update? I'm quite interested in what modifications/enhancements were made for Ming (and Ryukyu).

Well, as long as we stay on topic this time I'm sure it's fine.

I'm actually kinda interested if he made any changes to Nippon... (Japan for ye who know not of the Japanese)

I am glad this is finally unlocked. I would have to agree that if we were to strike at the Xenoi invaders, now would be the time. When the revolt was occurring there were probably also successive revolts against Aztec rule on the mainland that severely weakened them, which probably allowed for the other nations to rise Phoenix like from the ashes.

I am glad this is finally unlocked. I would have to agree that if we were to strike at the Xenoi invaders, now would be the time. When the revolt was occurring there were probably also successive revolts against Aztec rule on the mainland that severely weakened them, which probably allowed for the other nations to rise Phoenix like from the ashes.

I think we should save such debates for the Senate... But I do agree... If I get into the senate this session, my first action will be to call for an attack on the Xenoi using the legions to retake Gaul and Iberia and use the navy to block off their support from the west. I'd say it's a win-win situation for us Romans, the Reds get use of the legions, the Blues get use of the navy, and the Whites get religious cleansing of Europe. The only person losing is the Xenoi, and if the Xenoi are losing the Romans are winning, that's a 'hurrah' if I've ever seen one.

How will we deal with AI Europeans who are allied with Native Americans which are not Xenoi (ex. Scottish-Mayan alliance)? Also, how should we deal with the other non-Xenoi Native American nations in general? I got a bit scared by the size of the Iroqouis fleet and its proximity to Spain. If that fleet is carrying troops and has aggressive intentions...(shudder).

How will we deal with AI Europeans who are allied with Native Americans which are not Xenoi (ex. Scottish-Mayan alliance)? Also, how should we deal with the other non-Xenoi Native American nations in general? I got a bit scared by the size of the Iroqouis fleet and its proximity to Spain. If that fleet is carrying troops and has aggressive intentions...(shudder).

I firmly believe that any enemy of Rome should be crushed and destroyed along with any allies that nation has.

However, I also fervently believe, that any nation that does not declare hostile intention against Rome should be treated fairly and we should not be the first to declare hostile intentions no matter the cause. Rome can not afford senseless wars and can not afford to lose potential allies in this, world, which in it self was clearly devised by Sheogorath. Even if at the time, if that nation hates Rome and Rome hates them, we should not be the first to advocate war and instead should only fortify our borders in case it should arise. We should however advocate that they become Christians if they are not already Christians so that we may bring them salvation. Yet, again I state we should not declare war to press such a matter as the killing of those souls would undo any salvation we bring upon their lands and only earn their scorn and hatred for generations to come.

I believe our diplomacy looks about like this, right?

The Xenoi have made it clear that they only wish to destroy the nations of Europe and had all-but succeeded in doing so, as such they are enemies of Rome clearly.
The Timurids have made it clear that they wish to expand to the Syrian coast, and as such have declared a hostile intention against Rome and I believe war against them is inevitable.
The Mayans and Iroquois have yet to make a move and as such are potential allies.
The Chinese own an Empire that claims to own the entirety of the world and I would almost state that it is a declaration of war that they do so, but as they have decided it wise to not press such a claim they are neutral.
The German states of the so called 'Holy Roman Empire' make claim on the Imperium Romanum and as such the barbarian's nations should in any case be dismantled, destroyed, and
annexed immediately.
The East Indies are a ripe land for conquest but I find it much more appealing to vassalize them so that we do not push our over extension, peaceful vassalizing preferably.
The Hordes of north eastern Europe are not immediately hostile and can be ignored for the most part, but they may make useful allies against the Xenoi / Timurids.

Well, the Bahamanis seem like the real power in India, and I'm glad to see that the Timurids haven't expanded too much there. Jaunpur and Bahamanis seem like strong walls against them. Also, Mali seems to have expanded quite a lot in Africa, and South Eastern Asia seems to be full of blobs.
This is interesting

Well, the Bahamanis seem like the real power in India, and I'm glad to see that the Timurids haven't expanded too much there. Jaunpur and Bahamanis seem like strong walls against them. Also, Mali seems to have expanded quite a lot in Africa, and South Eastern Asia seems to be full of blobs.
This is interesting

Perhaps I'm blind, but I don't believe we have yet to see the Japanese Empire? We have five competing empires, Rome, Xenoi, Japan, China, and Germans. I hope to see the others so we know what our potential enemies look like. But I bet Japan looks like vanilla Japan... :(

Reactions:
If I am right, here lies Kraken and we are about to awake it.
Asia got Eastern Tech, so I woudn't be suprised to see Chinese/Japanese Australia or/and California.