• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not initially but in the distant future.... errr, perhaps? That would be twice as much work for me, tweaking all the provinces and history once again.

Clearly the next bookmark we'll be getting is in V2.

Reactions:
Will we be going all the way to Hearts of Iron, if possible? It would be cool to see the Imperium with nukes.

Reactions:
Will we be going all the way to Hearts of Iron, if possible? It would be cool to see the Imperium with nukes.
In my opinion, HOI is a step in the wrong direction. Going from games where you build, manage, and expand a nation/empire, to a game where you focus on troop movements and supply lines is just poor story progression. Yeah you can tell a story with the war in HOI but it won't be as in depth or interesting because you don't have the same level of politics to play with. Now perhaps that will change in HOI4 but if we move this to HOI3 I will be very sad.

Reactions:
In my opinion, HOI is a step in the wrong direction. Going from games where you build, manage, and expand a nation/empire, to a game where you focus on troop movements and supply lines is just poor story progression. Yeah you can tell a story with the war in HOI but it won't be as in depth or interesting because you don't have the same level of politics to play with. Now perhaps that will change in HOI4 but if we move this to HOI3 I will be very sad.

I think a narrative about the Final War against the Xenoi would be interesting. Czoklet could switch perspectives between the Basileus, top generals, and regular soldiers on the front.

I think we all know that you're thinking about... Exterminatus... :cool:

We still have to get through Victoria II. Which gives them enough time to get HoI4 out and politiking.

I think a narrative about the Final War against the Xenoi would be interesting. Czoklet could switch perspectives between the Basileus, top generals, and regular soldiers on the front.

What heresy is this? Xenoi being alive by 1930s??? :mad: Xenoi will be dead by the start of 1800! If not, we have truly failed the Imperium!

Like I said, you could easily do that form of story progression, but hearing the same type of story without any real variation when changing from the soldiers to the generals can become dull very quickly. With how fun and interesting this AAR has become as time progressed it would be a shame to see a lack of interest because of a failure in story arc.

In every story there needs to be a set point where you hit the peak, only to have a sudden drop that leads to the actual finally. The way I see it we have been reading, and in some places engaging in, story arcs which are like seperate books in a grand story. To finish a story like this, with such a grand narrative, with some simple war that has no character development or overcoming of character's flaws would be a tragically poor conclusion to a currently amazing story.

P.S. In case anyone who is not aware of how a story works, anything that is the focus of the story is a character. The Imperium is a character.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Be careful not to go OT again.

Reactions:
Be careful not to go OT again.
Discussing AAR-related things in AAR thread? IMHO this is entirely on topic.

As for next games after EU4 - I spent >1000h in CK2 and >1100 in EU4 but only <100h in V2 and 3-5h in HOI3. So although I have some decent understanding of basic mechanisms in V2 I'm still a beginner but in HOI3 I'm a complete newcomer. Of course by the time V2 part of the megacampaign ends there will be HOI4 released - but will the story continue in HOI4? Honestly I don't know. It would be quite fun to end the campaing in one giant World War but on the other hand, as it was pointed out, writing about battles will get boring pretty quickly. History is my hobby but I was never particularly interested in warfare on its own, especially in WW2 period - I would have big problems with naming more than 6 weapons (tanks, guns, fighters etc.) which were used during WW2. And HOI focuses a lot on logistics, strategy, tactics and innovative ways to kill people in a more efficient way.

On the other hand the giant Last War of the epic scale would be a fantastic setting due to effects which it would have on the society, especially considering that in this timeline there won't be any democracies (probably), so it would be a full-out total war between gargantuan totalitarian regimes - something like Soviet Union & Third Reich vs Third Reich & Soviet Union. This may be turned into something spectacular to write about.

All of this is just pure speculation at this point. I'm still in 16th century and I would have to (1) finish EU4 (2) successfully export to V2 (3) finish V2 (3) buy HOI4 (4) successfully export to HOI4. This would take at least 12 months, so there's really no point in discussing it now :)

Reactions:
For fits of giggles, the Azizids should have a breakway state in the Mod. Of course, that only comes into play if a non-Roman foreigner takes Bubba's homelands. No Azizid would want anything except to be under Rome's holy banner.
Play as goodie-goodie Mongols (with Egyptian and Greek as accepted cultures) bent on rejoining Rome by any means neccesary, or form your own Horde and side with Rome for glory! -and without Rome, only the Church remains (and the Church is almost entirely under the Azizids out there), so boom, Azizid Orthodox theocracy for extra Jesus!

Alternately, an Azizid state could form in an Event. The Azizids are gullible and could easily be tricked into independence: think of them like Belarus or Singapore, who had independence thrust on them (against their will in Belarus' case) instead of asking for it.

Anyway, here's the Azizid coat of arms:
71Ap1N2.jpg

Here is is on a blank background, but larger:
jLJfYEa.png

Here is my suggested flag for the Azizid state:
V6VDeiX.png

"Bubba Behind Bars" sounds like the name of a cheesy outlaw country album.

You win the thread. Hands down.

I suggested an Azizid state, aside from being for fits of giggles, because there were so many people who have praised my Azizid works. It makes me very proud to see people enjoy my work (and my thanks to Czoklet for creating a world where we all can shine).

Can we make custom Ideas for ALL of the nations in the Mod? I'm sure we can all help and pitch in flavor to make the Mod truly diverse! Also, I can't wait for V2. Designing V2 flags is my passion in that game. I'd love to do it for the minor nations in this world.

Reactions:
You win the thread. Hands down.

But... but... I invented Bubba Behind Bars... :(

I suggested an Azizid state, aside from being for fits of giggles, because there were so many people who have praised my Azizid works. It makes me very proud to see people enjoy my work.

I'm guessing you mean your RP as a senator? Or are you writing Azizid AAR? If so, then where do I find said masterpiece? :D

Can we make custom Ideas for ALL of the nations in the Mod? I'm sure we can all help and pitch in flavor to make the Mod truly diverse! Also, I can't wait for V2. Designing V2 flags is my passion in that game. I'd love to do it for the minor nations in this world.
You know what, this is actually a pretty good idea. When the basic version of the mod is done I'll ask for your help with custom ideas + localization for some countries :)

Reactions:
You know what, this is actually a pretty good idea. When the basic version of the mod is done I'll ask for your help with custom ideas + localization for some countries :)
Sounds great, I'll be glad to help out!