• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
imagine what the dynatoi can afford ;)

Entire legions at their disposal - truly glorious for Rome!

One may argue that I may be supporting the military only for glory / power, but I assure you, sir, that I do so as it is the Empire's god given duty to rid Europe of the infestation of vermin that plagues it!

Sounds great. The reds are an honourable and completely fine demes, they should just get their act together for their own sake. Most of the crazy and traitorous blues just died, so I have high hopes for a new generation of faithful and venerable merchants.

President of the Senate Nikephoros Dalassenos:

Nikephoros puts away his chalice. The birds dare to speak of heritage? He had to admit, the little aristoi were bold within the walls Magnaura. Perhaps that's why the Throne is willing to listen to them – after all, even he has grown tired of sycophants and servants. This was somewhat... refreshing.

- My ancestors bled for the Imperium centuries before lands of your Longobard kin were reclaimed by the Angeloi. Do not presume to speak to me about things you know nothing of.

I'm sorry Czoklet, but when / if (hopefully) I do join the senate, you'll never be able to say that one the same again with an Isaurian in the room. ;)

Entire legions at their disposal - truly glorious for Rome!

Sounds great. The reds are an honourable and completely fine demes, they should just get their act together for their own sake. Most of the crazy and traitorous blues just died, so I have high hopes for a new generation of faithful and venerable merchants.

Well, I'm unsure how insane they were and I am unaware of any corruption, but I intend on "insuring" the Blues stick to the navy, and government prospects. Rather than any amount of personal wealth. *cough* Tiberius Gracchus anyone? Veto! *cough* ;)

You proclaim that it was another dem, that is possible, however it could have also been the Dynastoi, since they tend to fear the rising power and sway that the Senate has over the Emperor. Do not blame anyone without sufficient evidence.
Well, the Blues were arrested and killed when we were in power and the most influentional faction...
I really wish we dead guys could send our heirs to defend our arrested members in the trial :p

Reactions:
Senator Christoforo Colombo: (Unaffiliated)

On the subject of the military, I am ASTOUNDED AND OUTRAGED that ANY senator would support COPYING FROM THE XENOI. The Xenoi are agents of the devil, therefore all things they create are the devil's work. Do we copy Satan? Do we take holidays from the German Pagans are make them our own? NO. The Imperium must be kept clean of heathen creations at all costs, regardless of how effective they are at killing God's true faithful.
{Against switching focus from admin to military}

I'm surprised no one pointed out that Christmas being held on Dec. 25 and Christmas Trees actually are German PAGAN traditions...

Well, the Blues were arrested and killed when we were in power and the most influentional faction...
I really wish we dead guys could send our heirs to defend our arrested members in the trial :p

Any detective would suspect the Whites due to political gain... so... I'm not accusing, that's just part of reason behind suspicion. However, I'm sure the Whites are innocent and can prove so by protecting the innocent and helping us find the dastardly bastards behind this! The parties must unite!

Aye, I will attempt to save them... Hey, so if we can assassinate people... Has anyone tried assassinating the president? dun dun dunnnn... Hey!If it's for the good of the Empire, I'm all for it! ;) But I won't do it so soon, he hasn't proven that corrupt... yet. I'm doubting his loyalties though, we must form the Inquisition and investigate further!

I'm surprised no one pointed out that Christmas being held on Dec. 25 and Christmas Trees actually are German PAGAN traditions...
Eastern Orthodox traditions have Christmas around the time of January 7th. Also, there is not a single religion that is still in practice today which is 100% unique. :p

*force choking incoming!* Reds and Blues must unite to take down Agent Wyoming! errr I mean, the whites! End white power! lol
I applaud your reference. Finally, I know I am not alone in watching it and making constant references!

Reactions:
@Tristanxh You are aware you can put multiple quotes in the same post right? You keep double/triple-posting.

Reactions:
@Tristanxh You are aware you can put multiple quotes in the same post right? You keep double/triple-posting.

Well, yea, but when I'm on my tablet, it's hard to hit all of the little buttons, and also I tend to be writing one when the new one pops up so I don't want to edit my existing typing to go back and read the newer post.

*sorry if it's annoying*

Well, yea, but when I'm on my tablet, it's hard to hit all of the little buttons, and also I tend to be writing one when the new one pops up so I don't want to edit my existing typing to go back and read the newer post.

*sorry if it's annoying*
Nah, it's just that you could get an infraction for it so I was just making sure you were aware that there are other ways to type what you want.

My point is, we do steal from the dirty, unwashed, barbarians sometimes.

Any idea why Jan 7?
They follow the Gregorian calendar rather than the still inefficient Roman one.

Also, CzokletMuss any idea on when / if I'm accepted?
As I said before, I will start approving new candidates for Senators after the next chapter is released, which should be this weekend.
Also please use the edit option, it's becoming increasingly harder to read this thread when one person posts 3 short sentences in a row.

Reactions:
Okay :)

And now for something completely different - I think I'll have to release a short dev diary concerning changes I made after "Common Sense" release but here you have a little teaser:

Code:
#WAR WITH PISA
pisa_war = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     war_with = PIS
   }
   interest = +2
   mercenary_cost = +0.25
   possible_mercenaries = -0.25
}

#PEACE WITH PISA
pisa_peace = {
   potential = {
       tag = ROM
   }
   trigger = {
     NOT = {war_with = PIS}
   }
   interest = -1
   mercenary_cost = -0.05
   possible_mercenaries = +0.05
}
Localization:

Code:
pisa_war: "Pisa Denies Her Services"
 desc_pisa_war: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. Both the loans and mercenaries will be harder to acquire as long as the Imperium is at war with Pisa."
 pisa_peace: "Pisan Trade"
 desc_pisa_peace: "The Pisans are renowned for their banking houses and sell-swords. As long as there is peace between the Imperium and Pisa, the services of the Republic are be available for the Romaioi."

Reactions: