• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The roleplay is certainly on par with each other. IC czoklet has always hated bubba. Czoklet made a special exception to the no mongol rule.
The questions pile on top of each other.......

Reactions:
The hearsay of men accused of treason would hardly be taken for anything in RL because of conflicts of interest. That said, there were many slaves and eunuchs present at the faction meeting and every single person there, including that sleazy guard, can attest to it.

I expected the trial system to be "defendant is interviewed, witnesses called, defendant gets chance to present evidence, witnesses called, judge is also prosecution, examination and questioning defendant, summary sentence rendered in any way the judge sees fit."

Bubba will defend himself and will offer to defend the entire Blue faction. If he is allowed to call that guard and the slaves and eunuchs to the equivalent of the witness stand, he's pretty much got the trial sealed in his favor.
Czoklet, please allow the defendants to produce that letter.

RL (unified) Rome extended decent trial fairness to Roman citizens and made it illegal to flog and torture them (the Apostle Paul invoked that privilege). Does Byzantium retain that?

All the more reason Plutocratic Ideas are the best ideas.

Bubba is forty eight years old. If he is acquitted, he'll appear in the Senate again.

Also, does this Roman Empire allow for an Appeal to Caesar, like the Apostle Paul did?
The Azizids and the emperor who ruled in 1520 AD were close enough to appoint a Mongol to the Senate! If that emperor is alive, then Bubba can advocate for himself and his friends.

You assume the trial will be at all fair. I'm expecting a mix of the average Kangaroo Court (TV Tropes are not bad) and Tyrion's trial (you know what I'm talking about if you're staying up-to-date).

Reactions:
The hearsay of men accused of treason would hardly be taken for anything in RL because of conflicts of interest. That said, there were many slaves and eunuchs present at the faction meeting and every single person there, including that sleazy guard, can attest to it.

I expected the trial system to be "defendant is interviewed, witnesses called, defendant gets chance to present evidence, witnesses called, judge is also prosecution, examination and questioning defendant, summary sentence rendered in any way the judge sees fit."

Bubba will defend himself and will offer to defend the entire Blue faction. If he is allowed to call that guard and the slaves and eunuchs to the equivalent of the witness stand, he's pretty much got the trial sealed in his favor.

RL (unified) Rome extended decent trial fairness to Roman citizens and made it illegal to flog and torture them (the Apostle Paul invoked that privilege). Does Byzantium retain that?

Bubba is forty eight years old. If he is acquitted, he'll appear in the Senate again.

Also, does this Roman Empire allow for an Appeal to Caesar, like the Apostle Paul did?
The Azizids and the emperor who ruled in 1520 AD were close enough to appoint a Mongol to the Senate! If that emperor is alive, then Bubba can advocate for himself and his friends.

Well the "question" is a powerful tool and you can RP all you want the Athanatoi have a way to make you admit things if they want. Either you confess or you die when your body breaks under the pain and bad treatments.
It's not your cozy Roman Empire, it's a Roman Empire where the emperor takes the whole theocratic aspect to heart (or is expected to be in the case of Markos III :p ), where heathens carve your heart of your body to please their gods, where xenophoby and racism are encouraged, where aristocracy holds all the vacuum power and will not let it go without a bloodshed, where progress unless it serves God is deemed dangerous and worthy of being burnt

The Basileion ton Romaion is an abomination born out of a world filled with madness, don't expect too much of it :D

inb4 TurtleShroom is actually Czoklet's alt and it was Bubba all along

when have you ever seen them in the same room

The roleplay is certainly on par with each other. IC czoklet has always hated bubba. Czoklet made a special exception to the no mongol rule.
The questions pile on top of each other.......

I say we put Czoklet on trial before he puts us on trial! :p

Reactions:

Although this is a good idea, in Roman Law, you are guilty until proven innocent. Thus no one is an innocent... ever, unless there is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, proof that they had nothing to do with said crimes committed.

If poor Bubba survives, I'll be deeply disappointed in a supposedly grimdark world where Mongols are among the mortal enemies of the Imperium. It would support the TurtleShroom = Cozklet theory, though. Unless everyone will be deemed innocent, of course, but that is unlikely.

It is just more likely that Roman senators would survive in a xeno(i)phobic world.

I say we put Czoklet on trial before he puts us on trial! :p

The Basileion ton Romaion is an abomination born out of a world filled with madness, don't expect too much of it

5187324+_bb069a22782b842f61996538e4a9f6e2.gif

Reactions:
As an observer, can I just give a quote from the big grimdark setting itself?

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."

Have fun, Blues!

EDIT: Thinking about it, the only way it could be worse for the blues is for their trial to be judged by a certain inquisitor on his throne of judgement... Actually, I wouldn't put it passed CzokletMuss!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Honestly, where does this theory of Czoklet being Turtle Shroom coming from?

inb4 TurtleShroom is actually Czoklet's alt and it was Bubba all along

when have you ever seen them in the same room

He even bought some keys twice to put us into errors ! :eek:
Truly a wonderful plot :p

Reactions:
Only if they are illogical.
Dude....we have an AAR about a resurgent, xenophobic, near-theocratic, Roman Empire fighting off invading Aztecs and Cathar Germans yet you're complaining about the conspiracy theories.

Reactions:
Dude....we have an AAR about a resurgent, xenophobic, near-theocratic, Roman Empire fighting off invading Aztecs and Cathar Germans yet you're complaining about the conspiracy theories.
Of course, because it is illogical to be complaining about trivial conspiracy theories while the world is falling apart. You could say... it is madness. :cool:

Last edited:
No. This. Is. Rome!

(kicks a xenoi into a hole)

Reactions:
[You say that treason cannot be thrown about,] but you have read TIM until now? :p

Son, all examples of treason cited in Roman history textbooks are valid. To do otherwise, up to this point, makes me question your loyalty to the Emperor.

Honestly, where does this theory of Czoklet being Turtle Shroom coming from?

Apparently, it's a compliment to my storytelling.

The conspiracy holds as follows:
  • IF TurtleShroom is a writer on par with Czoklet in terms of literacy, details, and Google prowess,
  • IF TurtleShroom got away with a Mongoloid character by exploiting a CK2 dynasty that no one recalled ever existing,
  • IF TurtleShroom managed to present a plausible way for a Mongol to become a Roman and got accepted,
  • IF TurtleShroom's character gets spared from the framing, implying special treatment,
THEN clearly, I am Czoklet.

foil-fedora.jpg

Most importantly, this one is for all us Paradox players.

ygotas___tinfoil_hats_by_r_ninja-d34qgk3.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
And @TurtleShroom you keep putting {OOC: or other little overlooking of rules. Obviously misdirections made by czoklet....

Reactions: