• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, tis a sad fate for all those not Roman/Greek. Wouldn't be surprised if even Italians get accused of treason, with the future war with Pisa that's gonna happen.

Reactions:
Yep, tis a sad fate for all those not Roman/Greek. Wouldn't be surprised if even Italians get accused of treason, with the future war with Pisa that's gonna happen.
Then I guess I am lucky that the Mojmirids became Checz-Roman ages ago.

Reactions:
And the Melisseons are Greek-Roman since centruies! Even provide an (iconoclastic) Patriarch of Constantinople!

Well the Raoul were first Norman and arrived in Greece in the XIth century. It makes them quite better than half the houses of the Senate but the fact I didn't choose the Greek version of the name (Rellis) is quite against their whole "Roman-nobility" :p

The Salamis are Greek-Roman since always, claiming to be descendants of the Romans of old and (that's probably false) of Themistocles (the commander of the Athenian forces in the famous Battle of Salamis).
So that's as Roman as it gets.

Scipions are Castillian-roman, but they claim to descend from the same Scipion "the Africanus", defeater of Annibal. More roman that that you cannot be :cool:

Scipions are Castillian-roman, but they claim to descend from the same Scipion "the Africanus", defeater of Annibal. More roman that that you cannot be :cool:
Yeah, "claim" :p

You know that nowadays nearly no family can trace back with certainty their nobilty earlier than the Xth century ? (except the Royal Families of course with the Capetians and thus Bourbons being at least nobles since Eudes who defended Paris in 885). So roman nobles, yeah of course :D

Reactions:
Yeah, "claim" :p

You know that nowadays nearly no family can trace back with certainty their nobilty earlier than the Xth century ? (except the Royal Families of course with the Capetians and thus Bourbons being at least nobles since Eudes who defended Paris in 885). So roman nobles, yeah of course :D

I know, Scipion´s know and everybody in his sense knows it, but Scipion will kill you if you refuse to accept this "truth" :D:D:D

Reactions:
I know, Scipion´s know and everybody in his sense knows it, but Scipion will kill you if you refuse to accept this "truth" :D:D:D
As long as you don't claim to descend from a polar bear .... :p (yeah a Viking proclaimed that but I can't find him anymore on wiki)

Reactions:
Are all of those Senators arrested counted as dead or not?

We will discover this night with the new Diarium Senatorium, I think

Reactions:
We all await Czoklet's post.
If the Blues are all dead then it means that our successors are also politically dead for the rest of the IAAR. Who would ally with the men who claim continuity with traitors to the Imperium ?

Reactions:
The Ascanians, the Margraven of Brandenburg from 1157 on claimed, that they were decendent from Aeneas. So this trope is very, very old!

Reactions:
Mongols are charasmatic, stubborn, and dogged. Bubba is an orator with a lifetime of service to Rome under him.

Bubba and the entire Blue Deme can point to the letter in their meeting as evidence of framing, not to mentiom that the man who lied about tbe poisoning delivered the letter and blaned the Blues. Heck, someone probably has that very letter with them.

Besides, I doubt that people who have the Emperor's blessing, and laymen in service to the Church, could possibly have a treason charge levied against them. I mean, Bubba isn't a convert. He was born into Church service and his brothers include an archbishop and a monk.

The biggest reason for their innocence, though, is that a Blue conspiracy would not poison a Blue leader. All that would do is weaken their power! Moreso, with so many Blues sworn off of alcohol, it wouldn't really make sense for them to brew and poison wine from Aragon!

Do we get to RP the trial? Sill we at least get to bring up the letter and the suspicious fact that its deliverer was the same man who was there with the wine and with the faction? He is the murderer; he is the only one who was with the wine, and with the meeting, and there to lie to the President!

If the Blues are all dead then it means that our successors are also politically dead for the rest of the IAAR. Who would ally with the men who claim continuity with traitors to the Imperium ?

To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor!
--
The question is how grimdark Czoklet will resolve this - if he goes full apocalypse they will probably die. I am excited to see how this continues :)

Reactions:
Besides, I doubt that people who have the Emperor's blessing, and laymen in service to the Church, could possibly have a treason charge levied against them. I mean, Bubba isn't a convert. He was born into Church service and his brothers include an archbishop and a monk.

You do recall how Bubba almost died over a purple belt, right? This is a grimdark world. People dying over accusations will be common. The Senate will only become more corrupt as time passes.

Reactions:
You do recall how Bubba almost died over a purple belt, right? This is a grimdark world. People dying over accusations will be common. The Senate will only become more corrupt as time passes.
I don't agree with that. We, as senators of the imperium, could fight corruption.

Reactions:
There is a huge difference between the belt and the lie. Bubba (accidentally) committed an established crime and the evidence for his guilt is overwhelming because he is literally wearing it.

Treason cannot be accused willy-nilly. That's a very serious crime and it needs serious evidence. If someone speaks ill of the Angeloi, that's obvious, and someone would squeal.
Also, the slaves and eunuchs at the meeting could be witnesses for the letter and for the integrity of the meeting. The defense has a legitimate case.

This case has legitimate evidence for the defense. The man who guarded them was with the wine, he delivered the letter, and he framed the Blues for poisoning a Blue ally (and that alone doesn't make sense)!