• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IC time is over, you don't have to use brackets anymore :)

I have to go to sleep now but tomorrow I should post new Diarium Senatorum. I'm finishing updating "Imperium Sine Fine", so there should be a dev diary soon. I'll probably play the next c. 20 years this weekend, so the next chapter should be up the weekend after that. And in the meantime we will take care of the arrested Blues ;)

What, we're being left in suspense? Forced to wait and see how many of us need to make new Families? If the Blues even still have a presence in the Senate? Czoklet... You are a cruel genius...

Reactions:
I was also thinking that I have to go to sleep since the hour here is late, but then I saw that my Senator had an opportunity to join an expedition and thought "nah, I have to reply". This was a mistake :)

I have to go to sleep now
I was thinking the sane thing, then I saw that my Senator had an opportunity to join an expedition and thought "nah, I have to reply". This was a mistake :)

Well you sure should not have drunk it, you weren't even in the Blue Demes Meeting :p
But I think I just saved my House and maybe the whole Demes if there is a trial by dying ;)

The wine was poisoned with a mongol's belt!
I'd think not considering the Espinosa guy didn't have his poisoned wine out during the recess.

Well you sure should not have drunk it, you weren't even in the Blue Demes Meeting :p
But I think I just saved my House and maybe the whole Demes if there is a trial by dying ;)
Yes, there are some pros in death... If the other houses are harmed, well, the Blue Demes sure are full of merchant companies (hello, Kastelos) which pose competition to houses Raoul and Salamis... :D

he didn't arrest the blue demes, he arrested everyone present at the faction meeting, if you were there and switched color mid-session, you're still stuffed into a clown car of a cell with the rest of the senators awaiting judgment.

...imagine if that happened when a dozen or so of us were on and we all had the wine.

Well i am happy that i arrived late and obviously had no part in this conspiracy since I was at the university of Constantinople defending my degree. Wouldn't wanna be any of you arm.

{ OOC: Wait, what happened to the characters whose oaths or morality forbade them from drinking, and why is it the fault of the Blues that several Senators died? Will we RP the trial? I am sure someone will get to speak of the letter they found. Shouldn't the Senators whose oaths forbade wine be pardoned, since there's no way they could have tainted something they never went around? Why would Bubba be complicit when this is his first Senate session? Why would someone whose life was dedicated to Rome and the Faith be charged with murder? Also, I'm not sure how far eastern Rome is going to take to arresting an Azizid without cause. That could be interesting. }

{ OOC: Why was Bubba never able to speak to the man who saved his life alone? I was hoping to do a quick side-story with the man who saved Bubba's life. }

{ OOC: Wait, what happened to the characters whose oaths or morality forbade them from drinking, and why is it the fault of the Blues that several Senators died? Will we RP the trial? I am sure someone will get to speak of the letter they found. Shouldn't the Senators whose oaths forbade wine be pardoned, since there's no way they could have tainted something they never went around? Why would Bubba be complicit when this is his first Senate session? Why would someone whose life was dedicated to Rome and the Faith be charged with murder? Also, I'm not sure how far eastern Rome is going to take to arresting an Azizid without cause. That could be interesting. }

{ OOC: Why was Bubba never able to speak to the man who saved his life alone? I was hoping to do a quick side-story with the man who saved Bubba's life. }
So many questions, so little time. XD

Well first there is no need for Out of Character any more since we can't post in character. Also it seems that some of the blue dems conspired against the head of the empiral navy, and as such all the Blues were arrested. Until this mess can be sorted out I think all blues are suspects, and thus imprisoned.

he didn't arrest the blue demes, he arrested everyone present at the faction meeting, if you were there and switched color mid-session, you're still stuffed into a clown car of a cell with the rest of the senators awaiting judgment.

I switched colors with this character, so the Mallorcans are clean of all this.

Shouldn't the Senators whose oaths forbade wine be pardoned, since there's no way they could have tainted something they never went around?
Not drinking wine and not being around the wine are two rather different things. Assuming you're accepting as canon the fact that Bubba's belt was thrown in the wine, that alone is evidence enough that he was close to it at some point.

Why would Bubba be complicit when this is his first Senate session? Why would someone whose life was dedicated to Rome and the Faith be charged with murder?
Well, to start with Bubba currently has a 100% track record of being at senate sessions where someone was murdered. But given how duplicitous senators are there's no reason to take him, a Mongol, at his word.

This is the Imperium--people have been burned for far less.

If I were Nikephoras, I would imprison only the Senators who left the Blue demes this round because it's rather suspicious that, just as they leave, their former faction is arrested for treason that they may or may not have actually committed.

Reactions:
All the senators laugh on their way down to hell, on the way down to hell, on the way down to hell... Sorry I just thought that as this discussion has been going on. I'm quite a bit shocked but that is okay. However this makes my planned out story a little more complicated. You see I had planned to have the eldest of Maximos's be in the navy but disinherited. Seeing as that now seems to be a little vindictive; I will need to figure out what would be less mean or should I stick with the original plan? I don't know what do you guys think? Also remember Godric took the pitcher and drained it and he didn't die.

I just joined the blue demes, am I arrested? I didn't attend the faction meeting.....
I would hope not, since you were not at the faction meeting I do not believe that you would have been arrested. Besides Quintus would miss you, he started to actually like you and would hate for you to be imprisoned just after he met you. :D

Ah. Welcome to the cells my fellow inmates! :D:D

HEY, you are in your own private wing of the prison meant for Heretics and Heathens. :p