• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{@CzokletMuss would you be okay if I deleted and reposted my vote? I won't change anything, but it says I edited my post, which is true, but it was only grammar, not any of my decisions. Or I could not, it is up to you My Holy Autokrator.}}

{ OOC: I thought I changed it to the correct format. If you want, I can remove "Tiim" altogether; I'll make the changes you request. }

((Why do not you try to copy the example exactly as it is an then change ONLY the minimal part (AYE/NAY at your convenience, name of your house, name of your senator and initial speech. No more.

We all appreciate your intent of deepening in RP, but this time is better to do things simple))

{ OOC: Also, I forgot to mention it yesterday. Bubba was not advocating freeing Xenoi slaves and human Aztec god worshippers. In this universe, forced labor of Xenoi is not slavery. He has no problem with Xenoi slaves, because he, like all Romans, sees it as exactly like "enslaving" a horse or an ox, and there's no PETA in Rome. ;)
Bubba was addressing serfdom, that is, the binding of Christian, Roman peasants to their lord's land and prohibiting movement and advancement. This is also what the canon "Plutocratic Ideas" addresses in its ideas, as well. Bubba wants a free peasantry, not a free captive populace.
I apologize if I didn't make that more clear. }

{ OOC: If slavery was abolished in Rome, Xenoi would remain slaves because Xenoi are not human. In V2, Xenoi slaves should be their own POP class to represent this. }

((It is easier than that. You just need to create slave pops with Aztec/Xenoi culture and...VOILA!! You have your slaves))

((It is easier than that. You just need to create slave pops with Aztec/Xenoi culture and...VOILA!! You have your slaves))
{{It's not that simple. He's talking about making a special Xenoi class to represent that they stay a slave even if you do the "slavery abolished" law because they are demons, not humans, and thus the abolishment of slavery would not count for them.}}

Reactions:
{{@CzokletMuss would you be okay if I deleted and reposted my vote? I won't change anything, but it says I edited my post, which is true, but it was only grammar, not any of my decisions. Or I could not, it is up to you My Holy Autokrator.}}
{{No need to do so - in this case I'll treat all votes as valid as long as I can make sense out of them. This may influence the results but I guess it's on those who didn't bother with the rules. :rolleyes: }}

Reactions:
{{It's not that simple. He's talking about making a special Xenoi class to represent that they stay a slave even if you do the "slavery abolished" law because they are demons, not humans, and thus the abolishment of slavery would not count for them.}}

((You are right. I missed the point))

FIFTH SENATE SESSION - RESULTS

lYLKoiY.jpg

IIllustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby announces that

THE VOTING HAS ENDED

RESULTS OF THE VOTING
IIllustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby announces that the quorum has been reached and that the noble Senators voted as follows:

RESOLUTIONS

(1) Expedition – Far East (Alakeshvara map)
  • Votes „AYE”: 10
  • Votes „NAY”: 7
The simple majority WAS reached and the bill PASSED.

(2) Diplomatic mission – Serica (to establish diplomatic relations)
  • Votes „AYE”: 9
  • Votes „NAY”: 8

(3) Casus belli – Pisa (Trade War CB)
  • Votes „AYE”: 10
  • Votes „NAY”: 7

POLICIES

(4) Policy - „Provincial Taxation System” (-10% land maintenance, +10% manpower recovery speed)
  • Votes FOR: 17
  • Votes AGAINST: 0
The simple majority WAS reached.
Therefore the policy WAS NOT revoked and WILL remain in force.

SENATE POLICIES
(5) Senate Policy - „Lex foveretur Production Commercia” (+10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency)
  • Votes FOR: 16
  • Votes AGAINST: 1
The simple majority WAS reached.
Therefore the policy WILL be presented for approval to His Imperial Majesty.

PASSED BILLS

RESOLUTIONS
His Imperial Majesty decided to ask the Imperial Senate for counsel in the following matters:

(1) Expedition – Far East (Alakeshvara map)
Shall We organize an expedition based on Alakeshvara map to verify the accuracy with which it shows the unknown distant lands and seas in the Far East?
The counsel of the Imperial Senate is as follows:

(2) Diplomatic mission – Serica (to establish diplomatic relations)
Shall We send Our trusted servant Javier Espinosa to represent Our Authority as the Megas Droungarios of the Imperium Romanum before the ruler of Serica, if the existence of the Sinae where this realm allegedly lies is confirmed?

(3) Casus belli – Pisa (Trade War CB)
Shall We put an end to exploitation of good Romaioi by imposing tarrifs on Pisan trade as well as demanding full access of Roman merchants to Pisan market and, in case of refusal, force the Republic of Pisa into submission?

POLICIES
The Imperial Senate decided to RENEW the following policies:
  • ”Provincial Taxation System”: -10% land maintanance, +10% manpower recovery speed (Military Policy)

The Imperial Senate decided to ENACT the following policies:
  • (no policies were enacted)

The Imperial Senate decided to REPEAL the following policies:
  • (no policies were repealed)

SENATE POLICIES
The Imperial Senate decided to ENACT the following policies:
  • ”Lex foveretur Production Commercia”: +10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency (Administrative Policy)

di8o9CO.jpg

IIllustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby announces as the result of this Senate Faction

THE WHITE DEMES BECOMES THE DOMINANT FACTION

sFN3pjG.jpg

THIS CONCLUDES THE FIFTH SENATE SESSION

Reactions:
Megas Droungarios Javier Espinosa:

After results of the voting were announced by President of the Senate, Espinso started to slowly clap his hands with a big smile on his face.

- Congratulations Senators, for you have made a wise decision. Ah, it feels my heart with joy to see such open-minded Romans among aristoi. I'm sure that His Imperial Majesty will take your counsel into consideration before deciding what to do. And this policy of yours - he theatrically raises his hands palm up above his head - A wise choice as well. I'm convinced that it will bear fruits and that thanks to you we will ease the burden of Aerarium. You honor me with your trust and I promise you that I will not betray it. Whatever lies in the Far East, be it horrors or miraculous things, the decision to boldly go when no Romaioi has ever been before was not only sagacious but necessarry. We should no longer fear the unknown, friends! There is a whole world out there, beyond imperial limites, a world which we must explore – seas to be charted, lands to be discovered and treasures to be acquired. This mission is nothing more but another step on a road first showed to use by blessed basileus Markos III Angelos, a road which we must never abandon. We shall contact the ruler of Serica and learn about his subjects – and who knows, perhaps Serikoi will accept the light of Our Lord? It's something I want you to never forget, friends from the White Demes - Espinosa turns toward Whites - Beyond unknown seas dwell people who, unlike xenoi, may possess immortal soul. It is our sacred duty to share with them Euangelion, the Good News – that Our Lord Iesus Kristos is a one true God who died for our sins and rose again on the third day - He winks to White Speaker - Surely no Christian can deny this.

Espinosa nods towards one of the eunuchs and quickly claps three times.

- Friends, before we part our ways I would like to raise a toast in your honor. The journey to Serica is long and perilous and who knows when we shall meet again? It would be a shame if we never met, a true shame. And in case of some of you - he nods toward the empty place of senator Aelious - the next meeting would could be impossible. That's why I brought you a gift.

One of the eunuch opens door connecting Magnaura with the rest of the Sacred Palace through which enter servants of Megas Droungarious, some of them carrying chalices on golden plates and two of them small barrels of wine.

- Here it is, friends, the finest vino tino de gran reserva de Aragon! You have never tasted better vintage, I can assure you.

As servants pour wine and handle chalices to the Senators, Espinosa wipes sweat from his forehead with turba and smiles, waiting until all Senators are served. Finally, with all golden chalices filled with red wine, Espinosa rises from the throne and raises his chalice.

- For the unbound spirit, for the open mind and for the kind hearts. May Holy Spirit guide you always, my friends!

Espinosa drinks from his chalice. He tastes the wine for a while with wide smile on his face and then handles the empty chalice to the servant and sits down.

- Now, although the Imperial Senate is no longer in session I would like to make some use of the fact that all of you are still here, friends. I will speak openly – I'm looking for brave men who would like to accompany me on the journey to Serica. This is not an empty gesture, mind you – the journey will be long and dangerous, not to mention that you would have to leave all your matters behind for a year or two. For some this is to much to ask for and I respect their opinion. To those of you who do not fear the unknown I have this question – who is willing to serve the Throne at the end of the world?

{{ The Session is over but you may still write in-character.}}

Senator Aetius Scipion:

I think that it is important to have some red senators, at least a man of principles and showed bravery, with the expedition. There are few red senators who have supported the expedition and I am one of them so I am will to travel with you, Megas Droungarios.

My family will be in good hands with my younger son. He is still young but has shown his bravery besides there will pass some time until a new Senate session is convocated, so he will keep serving in the Imperial Army in Hispania. And if something, God does not allow it, happens to him, my other son is also well prepared for the matters of the State.

Now, before we leave Megas Droungarios (( @CzokletMuss )), do you have any news or could you make some...investigations on current state of the require of my family on respect to our lost lands in Hispania? I would like to leave knowing that the promise my family made to themselves before coming to the Empire many centuries ago has finally been fullfilled in my son.

If I die in this expedition, I will die at peace.

((We have increased the cost of the Private Council. We are going to improve our economy a lot this way :D:D:D ))

Last edited:
Senator Alexandros Raoul :

"Your Excellency, you are most generous for this gift." Alexandros sips the wine. "Truly one of the wonders of our world, this wine ... I am afraid that I'll have to decline your invitation, excellency. Travels between Konstantinopolis and my Thracian holdings are already a pain for me, so I will be more aa burden than anything in this expedition. I have however a son, Traianos that serves the Imperial Navy in Ceylon. Could I recommend him for this expedition ?" {{ Alexandros is already 63 so sending him through the oceans would be weird :p }}

*He then speaks lower to not be heard by Senators Arrius and Senator Serapis*
"Also I don't think this Latin is correct. I haven't studied Cicero for a while but I think they meant : "LEX IN FAVOREM NEGOTIATORUM INDUSTRIARUMQUE ROMANORUM" {{ Law in favour of the Roman merchants and industries }}

{{Is age a limitation for those who wish to join the Megas Droungarios? If so, could we send our heir?}}

Senator Herakleios IV Salamis:
*Herakleios drinks with Javier Espinosa and after the Megas Droungarios finishes his speech, he quickly rises to speak, still wearing his naval officer uniform*
Honorable Megas Droungarios, it would be a great honor to accompany you on your mission to Serica!
My great grandfather, former Senator Anastasios VI Salamis, had a dream- he dreamt of sailing on an expedition, just like this one, and explore the vast seas. By accompanying you, Megas Droungarios, I would fulfill the dream of my ancestor and for this I am eternally grateful.

{{Herakleios, by my notes, is soon-to be 32 years old (born in 21st january 1509 so currently 31), so it makes a lot of sense for him to join.}}

Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Senator Salamis, these are excellent news. A blue senator of your expertise will be a grand boon to our mission in the far east. I commend you for your wisdom.

Mega Droungarios, you are truly the right choice for the brave endeavour into unchartered lands. And who might be better suited to accompany you than a member of the now leading faction of the white demes? In this time of economic crisis, we cannot possibly burden our faction with the absence of our speaker Serapis. I, however, am still young and as every Pylaei I am a scholar through and through.

For the glory of Rome, to acquire new insights, to spread the word of Iesos Kristos on behalf of the whites and all Christendom, I am going to accompany his excellency on this most important venture into the unknown!

I also want to encourage my fellow senators of the esteemed blue demes to put previous differences aside for we are united in servitude for Rome. I hold no grudges against anyone of you."

{{Decius is 26, so he is still hungry for adventures!^^}}

{{Is age a limitation for those who wish to join the Megas Droungarios? If so, could we send our heir?}}
{{You're only allowed to play your current character so no.

Senator Maximos Wedrovander:
I must admit the wine is absolutely astonishing good. I thought most of the Iberian wines were unrepentantly dry but this one seems to avoid that by a long shot. I however think I must avoid too much, I've had quite a lot of wine today. As for joining I have zero interest but wish you well.
*Musing to himself*
I wonder if there are any snacks left over from recess.
*Wanders over were there was once food*

{{Question: How long will this in character part will last just to get an idea if I post later? Also since we've had such an eventful session maybe we should have a shorthand list of rules and particularly interesting moments in the sessions so people can be brought up to speed.}}

{{What's more, every blue would probably send a member of his family, just because of the prestige, and if a third of the senate joins the voyage, we might as well send the entire senate along :D}}

{{You're only allowed to play your current character so no.

{{ I don't know if we'll RP though. Maybe when Czoklet does a chapter he will include the names of the members. This way we could send our heirs }}

Reactions:
"Also I don't think this Latin is correct. I haven't studied Cicero for a while but I think they meant : "LEX IN FAVOREM NEGOTIATORUM INDUSTRIARUMQUE ROMANORUM" {{ Law in favour of the Roman merchants and industries }}
{{It's way too long - the name have to fit on the screen. Look at the screenshot ;) }}

Reactions:
Megas Droungarios Javier Espinosa:

Espinosa smiles.

- Slow down, friends, I know you have a lot of questions but please allow me to respond to them one by one. As for the... as for the...

Espinosa suddenly stops.

- Excuse me, the hour is late and I'm no longer as young as I used to be. Now, as for your question regarding the... regarding...

Suddenly eunuchs standing closest to Megas Droungarios start screaming - you see streams of blood coming from his nose down his beard. Shocked and pale on face, Espinosa suddenly gets up and immediately almost trips and falls down, visibly out of balance. He grabs the throne with his right hand and looks at the Senators with wide-opened eyes.

- Khr... agrh...

Espinosa pushes away the eunuchs and tries to speak but only intelligible coughs can be heard. Blood from his ears and eyes makes deep blue stains on his paludamentum cloak as he tries to stay on his feet. He looks at the Blues and extends his left arm, as if asking for help.

- Kfrhh... kfrhlagh!

He loses balance and falls down the marble dais, tumbling down with loud noise. When his body stops on the floor of the Senate, his red eyes are bulging from now purple and swollen face. As you look at him laying before you in a pool of blood you realize that the silence fills the Magnaura with heavy shroud, silence like you've never witnessed it before.

"Your Excellency, you are most generous for this gift." Alexandros sips the wine. "Truly one of the wonders of our world, this wine ...
Senator Maximos Wedrovander:
I must admit the wine is absolutely astonishing good. I thought most of the Iberian wines were unrepentantly dry but this one seems to avoid that by a long shot.
Senator Herakleios IV Salamis:
*Herakleios drinks with Javier Espinosa and after the Megas Droungarios finishes his speech, he quickly rises to speak, still wearing his naval officer uniform*

You feel a burning sensation in your stomach and a metallic taste in your mouth. You touch your red from wine lips and look at your fingers – blood. Suddenly you discover that you can't breath. While struggling to take a breath you drop your chalice on the floor with a loud clank. You try to reach out and call for help but only gibberish comes out of your mouth. The world turns red as to your horror you realize that your eyes are covered with blood.

Strength leaves your limbs and you collapse on the floor. You feel the fire inside you, burning through everything as your body twitches in convulsions. Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your chest and you know that this is the end. You fall into the darkness with only one conscious thought left in your mind: who?

{{EDIT:

The following Senators have died:
  • senator Alexandros Raoul
  • senator Maximos Wedrovander
  • senator Herakleios Salamis
}}

Last edited: