• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Quintus Ovidius Mojmirid
"I hope for peace in my days gentlemen. I only hope you will also see the folly of war at this juncture.
RESOLUTIONS
(1) Expedition – Far East (Alakeshvara map)
The House Mojmirid votes AYE.

(2) Diplomatic mission – Serica (to establish diplomatic relations)
The House Mojmirid votes AYE.

(3) Casus belli – Pisa (Trade War CB)
The House Mojmirid votes NAY.

POLICIES
(4) Policy - „Provincial Taxation System”
The House Mojmirid votes FOR the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES
(5) Senate Policy - „Lex foveretur Production Commercia” (+10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency)
The House Mojmirid votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Quintus Ovidius Mojmirid JOINS the White Demes.

{{Surprise!!}}

Last edited:
{ OOC: "Tiim" is Mongolian for "yes" and "Ugui" is Mongolian for "no". }

Senator Bubba Azizid:

RESOLUTIONS
1. EXPEDITION
TIIM

2. CEYLON
TIIM

3. BEAT UP PISA
TIIM

4. CANON POLICY
TIIM

5. AAR-RP POLICY
TIIM

6. DEME/KHURAL
ABSTENSION (Bubba remains unaffiliated, cauceses with Blue)
{{XD @TurtleShroom }}

{{ @TurtleShroom - this vote is invalid.}}

{ OOC: SHOOT. }

{ OOC: Can you link me to the proper format, please? Also, is the canon policy (the Provision one) a vote for keeping the policy, or revoking it? Also, is there time for me to do one last RP piece where Bubba and the Senator who saved his life perform an ancient Mongol pact of friendship and trust between their families? }

{ OOC: SHOOT. }

{ OOC: Can you link me to the proper format, please? Also, is the canon policy (the Provision one) a vote for keeping the policy, or revoking it? Also, is there time for me to do one last RP piece where Bubba and the Senator who saved his life perform an ancient Mongol pact of friendship and trust between their families? }
{{Just copy and replace mine.}}

Senator Iskinder Godric
"Serriously, Anyone know where i can a find David Gabras"

The House Godric votes AYE.

The House Godric votes AYE.

The Godric votes AYE.

POLICIES
(4) Policy - Provincial Taxation System
The House Godric votes FOR the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES
(5) Senate Policy - „Lex foveretur Production Commercia” (+10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency)
The House Godric votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Iskinder Godric STAYS IN the Red Demes.

Senator Bubba Azizid
"Uuhai Angeloi!"

____RESOLUTIONS____
(1) Expedition – Far East

Azizid Tribe votes AYE/TIIM.

(2) Diplomatic mission – Serica/Ceylon
Azizid Tribe votes votes AYE/TIIM.

(3) Beat Up Pisa (Trade War CB)
Azizid Tribe votes AYE/TIIM.

POLICIES
(4) Canon Policy - Provincial Taxation System

Azizid Tribe votes FOR (TIIM) the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES
(5) Senate Policy - "Lex Foveretur Production Commercia” (+10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency)

Azizid Tribe votes FOR (TIIM) the enactment of the policy.

OBLIGATORY KHURAL MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Senator Bubba Azizid ABSTAINS from officially choosing a Khural; he wishes to caucus with the Blues
{ OOC: If he can't abstain/stay unaffiliated, make him Blue, if he can't Caucus, tell me what the alternative is }​

{{ @TurtleShroom : we all very much appreciate your RP but stick to the Roman terminology ; we don't want your vote not to count in these crucial moments ; you can keep the Uuhai though :p

Also about the Law I have something even more simple and better IMO and for which I'm sure of the cases : "LEX IN FAVOREM NEGOTIATORUM INDUSTRIARUMQUE ROMANORUM" (Law in favor of Roman Merchants and Industries) }}

Last edited:
Reactions:
Senator Mahdi ibn Tarek Rashid
"Pisa is not our true enemy, and it is our duty as good Christians to turn the other cheek. As-salamu alaykum, for I shall hope I leave this meeting with the knowledge of the well-being of the Imperium."
RESOLUTIONS

The House Rashid votes AYE.

The House Rashid votes AYE.

The House Rashid votes NAY.

POLICIES

The House Rashid votes FOR the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES

The House Rashid votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Mahdi ibn Tarek Rashid JOINS THE BLUE DEMES.

Last edited:
{ OOC: If he can't abstain/stay unaffiliated, make him Blue, if he can't Caucus, tell me what the alternative is }​

• „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and BECOMES UNAFFILIATED.”
  • „Senator <name> JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> STAYS IN the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> REMAINS UNAFFILIATED.”

{{These are your options. You can either become unaffiliated or join a single demes - the choice is yours. If you are unaffiliated, the faction speaker of a demes may invite you to the faction meeting.}}

Senator Maximos Wedrovander:
Mea culpa and a storm is rising. For those who wish to speak me meet me at my ship the Romulus Wolf before the morrow for I set sail at dawn.
RESOLUTIONS

The House Wedrovander votes Nay.

POLICIES

The House Wedrovander votes FOR the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES

The House Wedrovander votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Maximos Wedrovander Remains in THE RED DEMES.

{{
Also no offense no in character after this but wait for next time to elaborate on what happens.}}

Senator Herakleios Salamis IV (Blue Demes)-
*After the eunuch finaly finished updating him of all that happened, Senator Herakleios stands up with a sigh, still looking exhausted. It is now noticeable that his naval officer uniform is also bloodied.*
Friends, collegues. I am deeply sorry that I couldn't arrive in time for the debate and help steer the Imperium in the right direction- I had some unpleasent family bussiness. It seems like I am late for the same reason as you, Senator Taurinus- but you seem even more paralyzed than I. Our time is short, but I would like to express my oppinion in a few sentences if the honorable President of the Senate allows it.
While listening to what transpired in the first half of the debate, I found myself surprisingly agreeing more and more with the white demes. The war against Pisa seemed foolish, and even funding expeditions seemed unwise- our economic situation is bad, and we need to improve it. However, I must object to the accusations against my demes as if reforming the Navy is useless. Patience, my friends- we had to reform our navy as quickly as possible, for we will need it when the Xenoi attack, and how is a man to know when will this happen?
But, listening to what our venerable guest, Javier Espinosa, said, I found myself torn- he convinced me that the war against Pisa could be quick and very profitable, and I also believe that we cannot remain blind to the dangers of another Xenoi- we must come to this Serica, diplomatically, and see who they are. I would ask Espinosa if we can perhaps delay the expedition to the nest session, but as the time is up I'll have to reluctantly vote aye.
Senator Serapis, I'd like to commend you for the change you've done in the white demes. From senseless religious fanatics you became a respectable faction, and I believe that in th current state, when the reds are so devided and stubborn, the white demes are the best partners to work with the blue demes and that we should put the old enmity behind and work together- our houses, who were enemies in the time of our predecedors, should no longer be enemies. I extend a hand for peace. However, in the later part of the debate I noticed an increase of hostility from the whites towards the blues, and I place the blame on you, Senator Pylaeus. You arose to speak against the Blues in any opportunity and seem to have a blind hate towards us. I'd ask you to reconsider your prejudice about us and extend my hand for peace with you too.
Senator Arrius, your work as a speaker for our demes was commendable and I would like to congratulate you- you were polite and diplomatic, and yet didn't give up on our views, and managed to get a deal best for the Imperium. Again, congratulations- you are a good speaker and I'm glad you were elected.
Lastly, Senator Raoul- the alliance between our houses was weakened in the last years and I would like to renew it and continue it- the bond between our houses should remain strong, for our cooperation in the Aegean yielded fruits, and Senator Azizid, my friend, it sounded like you had success in your first session- congratulations.

{In case you missed my rushed post before, it makes sense to me that Bubba and my Senator are on friendly terms as house Salamis is very tolerant of other cultures (and, secretly, of heathens- e.g Jewish and Muslim servants (not slaves, honorable household servants). Hope the 'statement' is not too long.}}

RESOLUTIONS

The House Salamis votes AYE.

POLICIES
(4) Policy - "Provincial Taxation System"
The House Salamis votes FOR the continuation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES
(5) Senate Policy - "Lex foveretur Production Commercia" (+10% Production Efficiency, +10% Trade Efficiency)

The House Salamis votes votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Herakleios IV Salamis STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

Senator Iskander Ouranos (White Demes)
The die is cast, let us hope the Senate gambled correctly.

RESOLUTIONS

The House Ouranos votes NAY.

POLICIES

The House Ouranos votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES

The House Ouranos votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Iskander Ouranos STAYS IN the White Demes.

{{I had the weirdest dream yesterday night, that my Senator was once again going to be executed for treason for some reason, please let it not be true Q.Q}}

Last edited:
{{I had the weirdest dream yesterday night, that my Senator was once again going to be executed for treason for some reason, please let it not be true Q.Q}}

{{*Puts the firewood away.* Awwwwh.}}

Petrus Taurinus

*A weakened Petrus is carried in, having needed further medical attention that kept him away from the senate floor. The much diminished man wears a look of dismay at the course of events for himself but votes none the less.*

Of all the regrets I may suffer in my life, my failing of the Reds in this critical hour is hardest of all. Good Demes, friend, I ask you to vote for the good of the Empire as your concious leads you to vote, and to have pity on my weakness, my spirit is willing but my flesh proved weak.

RESOLUTIONS

The House Taurinus votes AYE.

The House Taurinus votes AYE.

The House Taurinus votes ABSTAINS.

POLICIES

The House Taurinus votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES

The House Taurinus votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Petrus Taurinus STAYS IN the Red Demes.

{{Sorry i had an emergency that came up yesterday that kept me away from my computer, apologies}}
{{Though this makes me wonder if maybe we should in the future have a Vice leader in case our leader is AWOL or convicted of heresy.
.}}

Reactions:
{{ This is okay, isn't it?}}
{{Sigh...}}
RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE
CHAPTER III – SESSION OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE
SECTION 4: VOTING
(...)
Article 22 - Voting
1. Every Senator has 1 vote. Senators vote using ballots.
2. During voting Senators are allowed to make only one statement (1 post) which has to include vote in a proper form (ballot).
3. The statement (1 post) may include closing argument no longer than five sentences.
4. Senators may vote only in this thread and in-character.
5. Vote is invalid if:
- it doesn't fulfill the formal requirements;
- Senator voted writing out-of-character;
- Senator made more than 1 post during voting;
- Senator edited the post in which he voted;
- Senator voted after the voting has been closed;
- Senator voted in other place than this thread.

6. Non-Senators (regular readers) are advised not to post during the voting.
{{Since nobody seems to read or care about the rules anymore, I think I'll start banning you from the next Session for every violation. The rules will change because they are not really well-thought in some places but until this happens they are still in force.}}

Reactions:
Senator Christian IV Hvide (Blue Demes)
*Moments before he announces his vote he mutters a short prayer* "Almighty God i beg that you grant my fellows and i the wisdom to do you will according to your plan. Amen." His prayer finished he announces his vote.*

RESOLUTIONS
The Hvide Clan votes AYE.

POLICIES
The Hvide Clan votes AGAINST the revocation of the policy.

SENATE POLICIES
The Hvide Clan votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Hvide Clan STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

Senator Leon Cortez (Blue Demes)

RESOLUTIONS
The House Cortez votes AYE.

The House Cortez votes NAY.

The House Cortez votes AYE.

POLICIES
The House Cortez votes AGAINST the revocation of this policy.

SENATE POLICIES
The House Cortez votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Leon Cortez STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

{{Exemplus Simplus's ballot uses different wording than the template for the provincial tax system}}

{{And to be clear - I'm not trying to make you miserable by enforcing the rules. They are rather detailed because I wanted to avoid situations in which I would have to arbitrarily decide which, for example, counts as a valid vote or not. In this particular voting it seems that 1 or 2 votes may decide about the final outcome, so by ignoring the rules you essentially put me in the position where I have to decide who wins, because there are several votes which may be treated as invalid. Isn't the whole point of the voting to allow YOU to decide? There is no point in debating for 4 days only to cast an invalid vote and let ME decide. We can just as well skip the whole interactivity and disband the Senate.:confused:

The rules aren't perfect and that's on me - I'll fix them eventually but in the meantime please try to follow them.
{{Exemplus Simplus's ballot uses different wording than the template for the provincial tax system}}
Yes, that's my fault - this part of the ballot doesn't count when deciding whether it's valid or not.}}

Reactions:
{{ @TurtleShroom : we all very much appreciate your RP but stick to the Roman terminology ; we don't want your vote not to count in these crucial moments ; you can keep the Uuhai though :p }}

{ OOC: I thought I changed it to the correct format. If you want, I can remove "Tiim" altogether; I'll make the changes you request. }

----

{ OOC: Also, I forgot to mention it yesterday. Bubba was not advocating freeing Xenoi slaves and human Aztec god worshippers. In this universe, forced labor of Xenoi is not slavery. He has no problem with Xenoi slaves, because he, like all Romans, sees it as exactly like "enslaving" a horse or an ox, and there's no PETA in Rome. ;)
Bubba was addressing serfdom, that is, the binding of Christian, Roman peasants to their lord's land and prohibiting movement and advancement. This is also what the canon "Plutocratic Ideas" addresses in its ideas, as well. Bubba wants a free peasantry, not a free captive populace.
I apologize if I didn't make that more clear. }

{ OOC: If slavery was abolished in Rome, Xenoi would remain slaves because Xenoi are not human. In V2, Xenoi slaves should be their own POP class to represent this. }

{ OOC: I thought I changed it to the correct format. If you want, I can remove "Tiim" altogether; I'll make the changes you request. }
{{ See that with Czoklet but I think you should use the same words and format as everybody else. Your RP is really good but sometimes you have to get practical since Czoklet needs to know exactly who voted for what. Especially since this Session seems to be again really close for the results of the 3 resolution :eek:
My last intervention before the end of voting, I'll repost my Latin thoughts at 11pm :p }}

Reactions: