• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Serapis of the White Demes

Senator Giacomo Este Ravenna of the Red Demes:

Would that we had chosen Scipion, at least he speaks up.
To the honorable senator Scipion, I urge you to stand firm on your original proposal, as I find it wholly agreeable... you do not need to deal with the Blue Demes. If nothing else the maintenance of our old policy would be beneficial.
I must also echo those who question the wisdom of an expedition to Cathay. Pisa stands weak and rich right next to our borders! Our economy falters, malcontents simmer, and they want to spend more gold on distant ventures?! Put our own house to order first, or at least focus on a proven enemy!"

{{Scipion?}}

"I would gladly stand alongside the Red Demes with my original proposal if only I could, Senator Este Ravenna, and I thank you for your support, but even a deal with the Blues is better than no deal at all. The Imperium requires that all of us do what we can to aid it. I must do my part, as must the leader of your faction. I regret is seems that he does not, while both I and Arrius try to follow our convictions to different ends.
In no way does Taurinus' silence reflect poorly on the rest of you, though. There is still much wisdom and virtue in the Red Demes."

"Senator Pau de Mallorca, I am grateful for your support. Perhaps Providence shall yet let it come to pass."

Senator Decius Pylaeus

Senator Marcus Arrius

We are out of time. I had hoped to hear from some of my fellow Blue Demes before doing so, but... Senator Serapis. I ask to officially announce your new proposal, the compromise you suggested to me. Do so and I will declare my support. However, if I hear one more slight from the White Demes, one more implication that the Blues are only selfish... Our business will be over.

Whispering to his white senators, Decius says:
"Can someone explain his train of thought to me? All of the reds, unaffiliated and even a blue showed support towards us. Yet, he threatens us out of a position of weakness? Can we really bear such an insult without losing our dignity? Also, if anything, the blues should make the proposal, because they should pay for the bargain they wanted. This is important, if we do it at all, and I have heavy doubts, Alexios."

Senator Decius Pylaeus
To the whites, he speaks:
"My friends, I know I haven't consulted you before making this proposal, but time is of the essence and drastic times call for drastic measures. Alexios, Titos would you agree to this test of worth for the senate at large?"

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos

I think it couldn't hurt. Although I wonder if Cicero ever had to handle situations like that and Senators like us.

*Titos smiles amused.*

{{Titos is to old to take all this with anything other than humor. :D }}

Reactions:
Senator Serapis Speaker of the White Demes

Senator Marcus Arrius

We are out of time. I had hoped to hear from some of my fellow Blue Demes before doing so, but... Senator Serapis. I ask to officially announce your new proposal, the compromise you suggested to me. Do so and I will declare my support. However, if I hear one more slight from the White Demes, one more implication that the Blues are only selfish... Our business will be over.

"We are, my worthy colleague. We are out of time. And no Senator of the White should now call you selfish, no more insults either way should now be hurled over the Senate floor. For this is the moment of decision, and there is no more time for quarrel. If any blame should come from my brothers in the White Demes let it fall on my head, for what I will do goes against the wishes of many. And yet I do what I must, for the Imperium."

In the name of the White Demes I hereby propose to put Lex foveretur Production Commercia {{Law for encouraging Production and Commerce}} under vote as a Senate Policy:

* Production Efficency: +10%
* Trade Efficiency: +10%

Let us all, regardless of our differences, affiliations and hopes for another outcome, join together and do what we must. This policy will improve the finanes of the Imperium, something we all know has to be done, and this is the only possible Policy for doing so. Let our past aspirations stay in the past. Let our differences over other matters be resolved by the Vote. And let us all do what we can to save the Imperium."
My Brothers in the White, and my friends in the Red, the imperium needs you now. Put aside your disappointment and join us and our most worthy associates in the Blue Demes, in this one crucial matter

The Angeloi Protect."

*Well played, he thinks, nodding to Senator Arrius. But you got lucky*

{{I could delay this, waiting for Taurinus, but let's just be done with it. That way we can spend the rest of the time debating Seres and Pisa.
Czokletmuss, I hope it is formally correct, if not please let me edit it into shape. }}

Last edited:
Senator Decius Pylaeus

*Silence fills the halls of Magnaura after senator Serapis' words. One could hear a pin drop. Decius remains silent, his face showing no emotion like it was cast in stone.*

Senator Marcus Arrius

*Marcus nods to Serapis. He breathes a tired sigh.*

In the name of the Blue Demes I hereby declare my support to Lex foveretur Production Commercia proposed by Speaker of the White Demes.

May the Blues and Whites have a prosperous future together. I swear to vote for this proposal, and I urge my fellow Blue Demes to do the same. Whether our Factions fight over every other issue we must vote on, let it be remembered that Serapis and I have done what we could.

Senator Decius Pylaeus

Whispering to his white senators, Decius says:
"Can someone explain his train of thought to me? All of the reds, unaffiliated and even a blue showed support towards us. Yet, he threatens us out of a position of weakness? Can we really bear such an insult without losing our dignity? Also, if anything, the blues should make the proposal, because they should pay for the bargain they wanted. This is important, if we do it at all, and I have heavy doubts, Alexios."

Senator Alexios Serapis of the White Demes

*Alexios looks tired and whispers back to his Demes-members,* "I Know Decius. I know, but I can not play at brinksmanship while the weight of the Imperium rests on my shoulders. Perhaps I have been wrong, my friends. But what else could I have done?"

*He gives a weary smile to the Blue Speaker and continues whispering.*
"In any case, it is done."

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos

*Titos looks towards Senator Serapis and while he isn't fully in agreement with the white Speaker, he slowly starts to clap.*

Dear Alexios, at least no one could accuse you of neglecting your job now. This was a brave move, maybe not the best, but probably necessary and in moments like this, it's the obligation of the speaker to make such decisions. That's what we vote you for too, I think. And even while I disagree, I support you for this option is better than doing nothing. For us as well as for the empire. Lets hope the income from this policy is high enough to balance out the steady high costs of the army.

Senator Decius Pylaeus

*While senator Arrius speaks, Decius' eyebrows twitch uncontrollably a few times. Even after the speech is finished, he remains silent.
He hears an exhausted Alexios usher words of exhaustion and surrender, but seemingly ignores senator Serapis.
Decius does not clap.*

{{ Actually it's not in order:

Ilx2Ot6.jpg

Senate Policies are capped at 10 points, this policy would "cost" 16 points. As such it won't be accepted.}}

Senator Alexandros Raoul :

he turns to Arrius : "You did the best you could do, Speaker. Now the two main soources of revenue from the Imperium will give even more ressources to the Aerarium, a fact you can be proud of."

"Senators, I see that we have agreed on how to help the economy. I now urge you to stand by your convictions during the vote ; it's not because your Speaker has decided to not support the wars or the expeditions that you have to do the same. I open my hand to the Reds : I think they are the ones who understand the most the necessity of a war against Pisa here.
The expedition, well I'm a Blue, you already all know my position and I won't answer to the critics. You have heard arguments from both sides, judge wisely."

{{ Damn, the wiki is wrong ? }}

{{ Damn, the wiki is wrong ? }}
{{If there are differences between the wiki and Custom Nation Designer, in this case I will allow the policy because I told you to use the list on the wiki in the first place. }}

EDIT: The policy will be allowed.

Last edited:
{{ Meh. The wiki is wrong. The deal stands. @CzokletMuss What does this imply for future decisions? The ones without the dlc would have to wait for someone with it to check their proposal in case the wiki would be wrong...}}

{{Thank you Czoklet for accepting it thanks to an error in the wiki.}}

{{ Meh. The wiki is wrong. The deal stands. @CzokletMuss What does this imply for future decisions? The ones without the dlc would have to wait for someone with it to check their proposal in case the wiki would be wrong...}}
{{Well, I'll probably have to list our possible bonuses on the first page of this thread then...}}