• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Leon Cortez

"Pisa delivered the finishing blow to the Holy Roman Empire, given that the political consequences of attacking pisa could be seen as either an act of greed, or a purge of heresy that also happens to relieve our debts somewhat, I think that act should be repaid with neutrality, and our official stance on the matter should side with whichever opinion dominates the unaffiliated and other demoi."

{{Not only without Divine Comedy - pretty much every European creator, writer, artist or philosopher after 13th century was never born in this timeline.}}

((I disagree with you, (if that is the polite way to say it in English :)). I understand that those born during Aztec occupation, like Dante for example, can be erased from history, but why other historical options now under Imperial or Christian rule cannot exist in this timeline?

For example, if France is liberated by 1712 Rousseau could still be born. Or Adam Smith in Caledonia / liberated England. And many more.

I do not mean that there cannot be another people doing their works or they behaving in a different way, like our fanatic Christoforo Columbus, but I see there is no reason for not having them doing the same works than in OTL))

Reactions:
((I disagree with you, (if that is the polite way to say it in English :)). I understand that those born during Aztec occupation, like Dante for example, can be erased from history, but why other historical options now under Imperial or Christian rule cannot exist in this timeline?

For example, if France is liberated by 1712 Rousseau could still be born. Or Adam Smith in Caledonia / liberated England. And many more.

I do not mean that there cannot be another people doing their works or they behaving in a different way, like our fanatic Christoforo Columbus, but I see there is no reason for not having them doing the same works than in OTL))

{{ You won't see the same works as in OTL. That is the very difference between a literary/artistic work and scientical truth. Change a single bit of the history of an author and then the work is different ; maths or sciences on the other hand only need someone to think in a certain way.
Not to say these works would be obligatory worse, just different especially Rousseau. I can't imagine him writing his "Discours sur l'Inégalité" in such a context :p

Sorry for the derailing but well until other people arrive we can't do more :p }}

{{ Maths or sciences on the other hand only need someone to think in a certain way.
}}

{{Oh I think you will still see Math and sciences, perhaps different authors but definitely the same conclusions since all of math and science is based off of the same knowledge, it would not matter what time line you come from, unless the history of the Greeks, Romans, Persians, and Indians, pre CK2 start date were changed as well.}}

{{You know, if the last President of the Senate was also the last Komnenoi, does that mean the family is extinct?}}
{{Not at all, there are plenty of Komnenoi alive.}}

Reactions:
{{Oh I think you will still see Math and sciences, perhaps different authors but definitely the same conclusions since all of math and science is based off of the same knowledge, it would not matter what time line you come from, unless the history of the Greeks, Romans, Persians, and Indians, pre CK2 start date were changed as well.}}

{{ I did not say that Sciences and Maths would not be there, quite the contrary. Although some branches who might have been overlooked OTL because of morals might see special interests ... (god it's grimdark :p ) }}

Reactions:
{{ I did not say that Sciences and Maths would not be there, quite the contrary. Although some branches who might have been overlooked OTL because of morals might see special interests ... (god it's grimdark :p ) }}
{{Such as Greek Fire... I see the "Flames of the Imperium" in the Navy and the "Fire Corps" in the military. All in our very near future. :D}}

{{ You cut one head, three grow elsewhere ! Such are the dynatoi :p
Except for the Doukas. These ones have seen what it cost to rebel against the throne too often }}

{{Then which family was it that was almost completely killed off and its last member castrated?}}

{{Then which family was it that was almost completely killed off and its last member castrated?}}
{{Doukoi are entirely extinct, Komnenoi had their manor set on fire by the same xenoi anarchists that had demetrios killed, but arson does not kill an extended family}}

{ OOC: I'm sorry that I forgot to post my article. Bubba is punctual and never likes to be late. I'll post tomorrow! }

{ OOC: I'm sorry that I forgot to post my article. Bubba is punctual and never likes to be late. I'll post tomorrow! }

{{Please do. We need more of the Blues to participate...}}

{{Meanwhile Senator Diaver Kastelos drinks his ninth cup of wine. Suddenly he and Raoul are best friends forever.

"I love you guys. Saint Markos, that's the truth!"}}

{{ It does not need to be an "article" just enter the debate dammit :p }}

{{Meanwhile Senator Diaver Kastelos drinks his ninth cup of wine. Suddenly he and Raoul are best friends forever}}

{{ There is no party like a Blue party :p
Between the man who insulted my previous character 20years ago and the man who just decided by himself he was the Leader I've made my choice }}

Senator Leon Cortez

"Who volunteers for leadership? I fear my lack of knowledge on eastern matters would disqualify me from leadership, these talks with the rest of you are the first I've even heard about Serica other than historical texts regarding Zeng He."

Senator Alexandros Raoul :

"I fear that I feel too old for this honorable task. My grandfather may have led the Demes on his deathbed but I don't have the same determination. Since it seems that no one would join us at this hour, the task falls on the shoulders of Senators Kastelos and Arrius"

Last edited:
Senator Marcus Arrius

And who do you two support? I have no intention of arguing for my election if my fellow Blue Demes believe someone else would make a better Speaker.

Senator Alexandros Raoul :

"I support no one for the moment but you sure have disgraced yourself Senator Arrius. Acting mighty in front of your comrades in the Senate does not help your candidacy."