• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Decius Pylaeus

"Is there a specific reason why we would need more members? Including Colombo, our demes is as big as the blues are. Keep in mind that there is more than just strength in numbers, even more so since the decision making process gets harder the bigger our circle grows."

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos

While a small unified group might have an easier time to clear out disagreements and punch above it's weight, in the end the votes are counted by numbers. So the answer to your question is, that it depends on how able we are in swaying the opinions of others to our causes, Decius.

{{ Maybe we are all part of the Imperial dramatic society without knowing it. We merely entertain the Emperor and our decisions have no weight whatsoever on the path of the Imperium :eek:
The Truman Show : Imperial Purple edition
}}
jb9zm9d.jpg

{{As for the loans, they obviously were lent by the same sources they were coming from for decades - Jews and Pisans. But more on that during the Session.}}

Reactions:
{{
Czoklet,
Just out of curiosity... In normal EU4 it's apparently no big deal to go bankrupt, as long as you are at peace. You gain a temporary modifier that's pretty bad, but goes away after a while. I assume the consequences in TIM2 are more severe (?) Otherwise it might be a good idea to just barge ahead heedlessly and simply take what you can with all that free money and have a couple of peaceful years (by planning your truces) until the bankruptcy modifier disappears. You would take some inflation along the way, but would get rid of all your loans.

Speaking of modifiers, what happened to the Xenoi? How could they fall apart like that when they had +3 stability, very low war-exhaustion and a +2 bonus against unrest from their religion? How could they trigger a peasant war and civil war under those conditions?

Also, I'm very excited about China. But I really hope you've increased their base tax and manpower, since they are far too low in regular EU4. Historically China had an economy and population on average equal to all of Europe during the time period. In 1800 they had 300 million people, 1/3rd or the world's population (and they weren't all starving all the time). The EU games have always weakened them because of balance issues and because China wasn't historically expansionistic, but that shouldn't be an issue in TIM2. On the contrary, since Europe has suffered horribly in the Madnessverse, the basetax and manpower of Zhonguo should be quite a bit higher than Europe in game. To great extent that's true for India as well, though boosting India now might be too negative for the Timurids.

+ I like it when you suffer (jk, but really it makes for a better story ;)) }}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{No, no, never trust a serpent. Remember what happened to Adam and Eve!}}

Reactions:
{{So what you're saying is... he needs to buff the imperium's enemies more.}}

{{Not all of them. The Horde is legitimately defeated by the Imperium. It should be allowed to fall. But the Timurids could still be a realistic challenge if the conquer a richer India. The Xenoi have underperformed, somehow, with the power they already have. But the Ming could make a good end boss. But not with 500 base tax, when the Imperium already is over 800 and will have far more when/if we eventually fight the Ming. Perhaps the Xenoi could be allowed to fall as well, but then the Incas should be boosted to create a challenge in the West.
If he intends to continue the game into Victoria and HoI he can't really dominate the world in 1820.}}

{{No, no, never trust a serpent. Remember what happened to Adam and Eve!}}

{{They gained knowledge and freedom. ;)}}

Last edited:
Reactions:
{{I would like you to remember that China got quite big tweaks, but I can't it find in over 150 pages.:) So we can meet powerful new ally or enemy even worse than Xenoi.}}

Last edited:
{{ I think the debate has come to a halt because we agreed on our key goals for the session and we also agreed on a speaker (if you do not count the illegitimate veto of Senator Colombo). If Enlil does not want to present a super secret session strategy, then is there any point in prolonging the meeting for another day?}}

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #14

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Giovanni Colombo (played by: luciusmalfoy012) who joins the White Demes

2) that the following noble Houses have joined the Imperial Senate with their representatives:
  1. House AZIZID with unaffiliated senator Bubba Azizid (played by: TurtleShroom)
  2. House MIKRIANDES with unaffiliated senator Alexios Mikriandes (played by: Titianica)

3) that the following noble Houses have not yet appointed new representative to the Imperial Senate since the last Session:
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  6. House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  7. House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  8. House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)

4) that the following Houses will be permenently removed from Album Senatorium if they fail to appoint new representatives to the Imperial Senate before the next Session;
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikophoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
{{ I think the debate has come to a halt because we agreed on our key goals for the session and we also agreed on a speaker (if you do not count the illegitimate veto of Senator Colombo). If Enlil does not want to present a super secret session strategy, then is there any point in prolonging the meeting for another day?}}
{{Every Faction's Meeting lasts the same amount of time, so you have one more day at your disposal. Use this time wisely.}}

Reactions:
FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces that it was decided to

CALL THE BLUE DEMES MEETING

which will take place in the Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 1 January 1540.

The Faction Meeting shall begin on 11:00 PM 16 June 2015 (Tuesday) and it shall last until 11:00 PM 19 June 2015 (Friday) Warsaw time (CEST)

EXCERPT FROM THE RULES
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikephoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Reactions:
Senator Titos Livios Melissenos

*As the discussion dies down a bit, Titos turns towards Senator Serapis.*

Say, my friend, there were some business between our houses you wanted to discuss?

Senator Alexios Serapis of the White Demes

"Ah, yes. A family matter. I find myself in need of a new wife of a good family, my dear Aella passed away in childbirth last year. I would very much like to turn that sad event into an opportunity to build a closer alliance with such an esteemed House as Melissenos. Perhaps you have an unmarried daughter or grand-daughter of appropriate age?"

{{Just a short question @Serpent , how old is Alexios?}}

Last edited: