• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{Just caught up to this point. +1 reader!}}

Oh gosh I'm confused. I got back from vacation late last night and am only now visiting this forum.

What do I need to send and where do I need to send it? What are those changes I need to make? Do I need to correct my application and resend the whole thing?

Senator Pau de Mallorca
Senator Taurinus shall make a competent speaker for us. I must also echo his call for action against Pisa--as a restructuring of the Imperium's fist would be folly in our current state, and defunding the army an even greater misstep, we must move to absolve ourselves of the Blue's usury some other way. I see no better way than to attack the Pisans; the Pisans are much less of a match than the Aliae and their coffers are filled with blood money. Furthermore, conquest of the Pisan coastline would deny them not only ports to spread their heresy from, but would provide us a land bridge to Hispania Aragonensis.

Hispania must be reconquered.

{{ @TurtleShroom It looks like your spot was taken, but I'm not czoklet so idk. Also, during demes meetings or Senate sessions, talk in brackets if your not IC}}

Reactions:
{ The OP did not say that my spot was taken. He accepted my spot early on (and I have the E-Mail to prove it) and told me that I was to make a change to a certain aspect of House Azizid's history as well as a few minor corrections. I left for vacation and only received the notification of my acceptance last Saturday, on the eve of my embarkment onto the cruse ship. I replied to it yesterday and I am awaiting further instructions.}

{{Alright, I was just pissing in the dark. Trying to be helpful and all. sorry. }}

{{Alright, I was just pissing in the dark. Trying to be helpful and all. sorry. }}

{ No problem. }

{ ...didn't someone point out that your avatar is Pisan? }

{ The OP did not say that my spot was taken. He accepted my spot early on (and I have the E-Mail to prove it) and told me that I was to make a change to a certain aspect of House Azizid's history as well as a few minor corrections. I left for vacation and only received the notification of my acceptance last Saturday, on the eve of my embarkment onto the cruse ship. I replied to it yesterday and I am awaiting further instructions.}
{{ You are certainly still in. I saw your name in the list of senators. (Although having gone back to read it, it seems you have slipped through the cracks. Like Luxemburg at "The Treaty of West Phallia".) I am sure it was a mistake and It can and will be fixed before the whites are called. That being said, this meeting is of the red dems, so a white dem such as yourself, or even an unaffiliated dem like me, are not allowed to participate in these meetings. That is unless we are invited to join in by the dem leader.}}

Last edited:
{ Bubba is Blue, remember? He supports colonization because of his instinctive Mongol thirst for clay and he declined to join the Whites because some of them had "dark hearts" in his (slanted) eyes *cough* they are racists with hate towards fellow Christians that don't look like them *cough*. Namely, Bubba's beef with the Whites focuses on heresy. Bubba is extremely soft on heretics* and believes them to be true Christian brothers and sisters, and he supports their inclusion and protection within the Imperium. He defends* any Christian and any Christian convert** without fail. }

{ * = Bubba does defend Catholics, but he refuses to acknowledge the Bishop of Rome himself as Christian, considering him a liar at best and a False Prophet at worst. He considers the idea of putting the Church, which should naturally be decentralized and answerable to individual nations and peoples (the actual belief of RL Orthodoxy and many Protestants), under the total control of one man who claims to be God's Regent (despite God obviously favoring the Angeloi based on Rome's survival) is despicable. }

{ ** = Xenoi are never included and they cannot convert to the faith. Bubba, like all true Romans, agrees that the Xenoi are not human and thus should be dealt with by fire, not mercy. Jesus was merciful to humanity, but not to Satan, and the Aztecs are Satan's servants. However, Bubba is extremely unsettled and upset at the idea of punishing the unholy hybrid offspring of Xenoi and humans with death, because the idea of punishing children for the sins of their parents deeply bothers him After all, his dynasty's patriarch was a liar and a cheat who bowed to no god and believed nothing sincerely, converting twice to save his own rear. By the logic of punishing posterity for the sins of ancestors, the Azizid family is condemned. }

Reactions:
{ I'll keep on the lookout for any instructions or required changes to the Azizid application. For now, I need to rest. Good night! }

{{ I did not remember that Bubba was Blue. His religious fanaticism made me think he was white.}}

Senator Ulysses Aelious:
*A slave walks in and whispers in Ulysses' ear. Ulysses' face turns from the delight of having a unified front to one of horror and disappointment.*
My dear Senators, I am deeply sorry to inform you of this but I must beg my departure as one of my retainers is slandering my name. I kept him on staff as a reward to his family's faithful service and he calls me a pagan! The audacity of this is astounding! I deeply apologize for this inconvenience and I shall see you all in the Senate.
{{I cannot be around for the portion of the debate tomorrow so I thought to throw in a reason for it IC}}

{{
Bubba's beef with the Whites focuses on heresy

Never fight a battle you cannot possibly win.

{{ I did not remember that Bubba was Blue. His religious fanaticism made me think he was white.}}
Do not confuse the most pious followers of Iesus Kristos with lowly descendants of horse-lords, my dear friend :)
(A religious man joining the Blues? I still don't get it :D)
}}

{ ...didn't someone point out that your avatar is Pisan? }
{{That's the spirit! Not even a member of the Senate but already vigiliant :D

Red Demes - you have time untill 11:00 PM to conclude your debate (that is make your plans for the next Session and reach a consensus concerning Faction Leader).

BTW I think "Faction Speaker" may be a better title for this position - I shall include this in the revised rules.}]

FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces that it was decided to

CALL THE WHITE DEMES MEETING

which will take place in the Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 1 January 1540.

The Faction Meeting shall begin on 11:00 PM 13 June 2015 (Saturday) and it shall last until 11:00 PM 16 June 2015 (Tuesday) Warsaw time (CEST)

EXCERPT FROM THE RULES
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikephoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Senator Aetius Scipion:

I think we can say that Senator Petrus Taurinus will be our Speaker during the next Senate session.

I also think that we can also reach an agreement on that improvement of economy will be our main point together with expansion in the West, Pisans preferably, if opportunity arise.

((To be honest, our speaker should be who summarize and give final speech, but I wanted to let clear that we have agreed on our next speaker before meeting ends))

Petrus Taurinus

I concur with what has been said before. As faction leader, I will fight for the Empire's economic well being and recovery so that we may wage war in the future to crush the Pisan menace once and for all, and looking out further, to the liberation of Hispania. Surely all senators, be they Reds or others, who have any sense and love of the Imperium will see the wisdom of our goals and support us in future sessions instead of the folly of wars and exploration that risks bankrupting the Imperium.

May the Reds continue to fight for the good of the Empire!

{{ @CzokletMuss:

Do the other Senators get to know the goals of the demes as well or do they just know who the faction speaker is?}}

{{ I don't think the Whites or Blues could hear all that. I mean there are no spies inside the Great palace ( or maybe there are ? :D ) and I don't think the news will be deemed important to be announced throughout the Queen of Cities. maybe some gossip for sure but no certainties I'd say }}