• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was not really meant as a mechanic in the senate, more as a one time: pretty please Augustus can you spare some troops to conquer our ancestral homeland since they are no longer part of Xenoi Xolal. We promise to be ever so good little reformed barbarians, pretty please with a pyre of burning heretics on top?

On an entirely unrelated note, what are the rules regarding the throwing of the decapitated heads of rebel leaders on the floor of the senate?
Have you seen the map of the Imperium?

xHQERUf.jpg

Denmark is nowhere near the border, so for the time being the answer is no I'm afraid.

Reactions:
I hope Normandy and Britanny will be reconquered soon enough by the Imperium !

Aragon seems to make a good South Western Border but Gallia really needs some "border fixing". But I won't despair, Pisans and Xenoi will get their due soon enough !

Have you seen the map of the Imperium?
Denmark is nowhere near the border, so for the time being the answer is no I'm afraid.

And the tossing of the severed heads of rebels onto the floor of the senate?

Reactions:
We must consider the reconquering of Hispania. It is near our current territories, is strategically important, is rich and it is (mine) Imperial ancestral land.

By other way, I would like to move my House back to Hispania if possible, Czoklet

At this moment, Quintus is sitting in his house waiting for the Senate to be called once more. Reading a book on ancient Rome, and twiddling his thumbs.

SO about that senate session...

WE MUST INSTEAD OF CONQUERING THE KINGDOMS, WE SHOULD RETURN THEM TO PROPER CHRISTIAN STATES. AS WE ALREADY ARE STREACHED PRETTY THIN!!!!
Meh... I don't consider us to have stretched too thin, so long as we continue the Roman idea of integration and incorporation. If we continue down that route then we should always have enough manpower and military might to enforce our will.

Meh... I don't consider us to have stretched too thin, so long as we continue the Roman idea of integration and incorporation. If we continue down that route then we should always have enough manpower and military might to enforce our will.
We incorporate foreigners? And here I thought we just purged them for "heresy" and gave enslaved them.

SO about that senate session...
When I'm back home I'll post new Diarium Senatorium and open the first Faction Meeting. We shall start with the Red Demes.

Also I've been thinking about the rules and in the future unaffiliated Senators will have the opportunity to go for every Faction Meeting if they are invited by the Faction Leader.

Reactions:
When I'm back home I'll post new Diarium Senatorium and open the first Faction Meeting. We shall start with the Red Demes.

Also I've been thinking about the rules and in the future unaffiliated Senators will have the opportunity to go for every Faction Meeting if they are invited by the Faction Leader.
Sweet. Also did we officially get some one to be faction leader or did we decide to postpone till now? Also I think that we ought to wait until we have some more econ rolling to get more than our old turf back.

You will elect your Faction Leader during the meeting.

Can't wait for the meeting of the whites. Without Colombo we are... what now? Four guys? This will make decision making very easy, since there will be only five diverging opinions!

Reactions:
Yes, the hawks shall start. We will see if they sharpened their talons or if their spirits have become blunt from bowing to the Blues.

McGrey: Fear not, for I shall prepare a dozen different views for my character, if that is what you desire.

Edit: English is hard (thx @Teutonic King).

Last edited:
It seems like even the Whites are more ascendant than the Reds.
The once proud league of angry red cripples seems to be on its last leg.

Wouldn't it be a great shake up if Big Brother Emperor were to purge the Blues for their wealth or for charges of treason and heresy...

Reactions:
It seems like even the Whites are more ascendant than the Reds.

Wouldn't it be a great shake up if Big Brother Emperor were to purge the Blues for their wealth or for charges of treason and heresy...

We will laugh when the purges will be targeted at Whites and Reds alike ! :p

The Athanatoi are never late, nor are they early - they arrive precisely when the blessed Autokrator means to ;)

Reactions:
Yes, the hawks shall start. We will see if they sharpened their fangs or if their spirits have become blunt from bowing to the Blues.
Hawks don't have fangs, because of beaks. They do, however, have talons. :D

Reactions:
DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #13

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honorable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Decius Pylaeus (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Herakleios IV Salamis (played by: ParrotGuy)
  3. senator Marcelo di Capponi (played by: Enlil)

2) that the following noble Houses have joined the Imperial Senate with their representatives:
  1. House AELIOUS with senator Ulysses Aelious (played by: Coragamy)
  2. House MOJMIRID with senator Quintus Mojmirid (played by: Teutonic King)

3) that the following noble Houses have not yet appointed new representative to the Imperial Senate since the last Session:
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  6. House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  7. House COLOMBO (played by: luciusmalfoy012)
  8. House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  9. House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)

3) that the following Houses will be permenently removed from Album Senatorium if they fail to appoint new representatives to the Imperial Senate before the next Session;
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)

2) that therefore as of this moment the Imperial Senate consists of the following delegates of the noble Houses:

2. ALBUM SENATORIUM
  1. senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. senator Titos of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. VACANT SEAT of the noble House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  6. senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. senator Herakleios of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. senator Ulysses of the noble House AELIOUS (played by: Coragamy)
  10. senator Quintus of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
  11. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. VACANT SEAT of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. VACANT SEAT of the noble House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  17. VACANT SEAT of the noble House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  18. senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  19. senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  20. senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  21. senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  23. VACANT SEAT of the noble House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  24. senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  25. senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  26. VACANT SEAT of the noble House VACANT (played by: VACANT)
  27. senator Marcelo of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  28. senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  29. VACANT SEAT of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  30. senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)

3. SENATE FACTIONS

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces: that the members of the Senate Factions are as follows:

unaffiliated
  1. senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
  2. senator Quintus of the noble House MOJMIRID (played by: Teutonic King)
DqZtmDv.jpg
  1. senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera
  2. senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great
  3. senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr
  4. senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  5. senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  6. senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar
  7. senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  8. senator Ulysses of the noble House AELIOUS (played by: Coragamy)
jUOt3FO.jpg
  1. senator Decius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Titos of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  3. senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  4. senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  5. senator Marcelo of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
2WOjbVD.jpg
  1. senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  3. senator Herakleios of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  4. senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  5. senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne
  6. senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikophoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

If somehow I made some mistakes in the Album (like I often do) please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions:
FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces that it was decided to

CALL THE RED DEMES MEETING

which will take place in the Hall of Augusteus in Daphne (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 1 January 1540.

The Faction Meeting shall begin on 11:00 PM 10 June 2015 (Wednesday) and it shall last until 11:00 PM 12 June 2015 (Friday)

EXCERPT FROM THE RULES
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikephoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Last edited: