• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be horribly to say: But I said so. But, well, I said so.

Still! Loans are good news for my House!

Reactions:
Good Morning, Good Evening, and Good Night, too all of my fellow senators of the Imperium. As granted by his holy Autokrator Czoklet I, and my character Quintus Ovidius Mojmirid, have been granted a seat in the senate.

The Mojmirid dynasty has supposed ties to a mythic king from the early dark ages by the name of King Mojmir, although this has never been proven and there are no historic records of such a king ever existing. In spite of this they still maintain their belief in their ancestral roots to a king of old. Quintus himself, does not hold the "histories" of his family in such a lofty regard, being far more grounded in the current day and age. A well educated man, he has spent much of his life studying the culture and ways of the Xenoi Barbarians, in the hope that his knowledge may be put to good use for the Imperium.

Quintus himself chooses to remain an unaffiliated party in the senate, however his votes tend to be purple in color.

Good Morning, Good Evening, and Good Night, too all of my fellow senators of the Imperium. As granted by his holy Autokrator Czoklet I, and my character Quintus Ovidius Mojmirid, have been granted a seat in the senate.

The Mojmirid dynasty has supposed ties to a mythic king from the early dark ages by the name of King Mojmir, although this has never been proven and there are no historic records of such a king ever existing. In spite of this they still maintain their belief in their ancestral roots to a king of old. Quintus himself, does not hold the "histories" of his family in such a lofty regard, being far more grounded in the current day and age. A well educated man, he has spent much of his life studying the culture and ways of the Xenoi Barbarians, in the hope that his knowledge may be put to good use for the Imperium.

Quintus himself chooses to remain an unaffiliated party in the senate, however his votes tend to be purple in color.

The purple party would be awesome (Reactionnaries for Victoria II ? :p )
Welcome to the Senate anyway !

Reactions:
I guess that I should give some backstory then. House Aelious was founded by Ulysses' father when he married into a wealthy enough family to be considered true nobles and not just arisitoi. The House originates from deep in the Sicilian mountains of Italia, with family tree going back to the days of the glorious Republic.

Ulysses also declares for the red demes as he wishes to bring peace to the people of the Imperium but while the Xenoi exist there can be no peace.

Yeah sure the Red are the most peaceful of the Senate, it is known :p
What? I can't hear you over the sounds of all that PEACE. It's like a desert, yo- quiet and empty.
Pheh, glory is so much better anyway. Why have peace when you can have victory?

Reactions:
10k ducats in loan. Huh. I knew we needed a better administration! But my previous character was executed and we went for exploration in the end. At least he has the last laugh right now.

10k ducats in loan. Huh. I knew we needed a better administration! But my previous character was executed and we went for exploration in the end. At least he has the last laugh right now.

Yep, you and Christoforo are laughing all the way to the bank on this one. A bank that contains ducats and not loan receipts.

Looks like a stable and self-sustaining economic system!
Invest in eastern Anatolia plox!
But yeah, if it weren't for events which gave me more than -5% inflation, we would have reached 20% by now. This will be the most important subject of the Session probably, the economy that is. Because sooner or later the debt must be repaid.

Reactions:
So you want the Imperium to default? :D

BTW, it's funny how history repeats itself...

2spooky4greecegif+r+polandball+i+think+the+gif+is+rather+slow+happy+halloween_5b9feb_4864470.gif

Reactions:
No, the economy is no real concern for our glorious Imperium. Let's just reform the army and build 60k artillery right away since they are so cheap to get. Oh, and we can probably use a dozen or so new heavy ships for the glory of our navy.

Basilikoi? Inflation? Loans? Pah, let's focus on actually important matters instead.

Sorry, but sarcasm is the only way for me as a white to deal with this situation.

Hear hear. If anything the Blues should pay back the debt, since they were mainly the ones advocating for reckless spending into the Navy and colonizing.

Hear hear. If anything the Blues should pay back the debt, since they were mainly the ones advocating for reckless spending into the Navy and colonizing.

"Reckless" spending that allowed the Imperium to win against Xenoi ships I remind you ;)

Still doesn't change the fact the Imperium has 10k ducats in debt :p

Still doesn't change the fact the Imperium has 10k ducats in debt :p

It's not like debt could harm us silly senator :p
Money flows : sometimes you get a surplus, sometimes you need a loan, that's the way it has always been under the wise Angeloi rule. Or maybe you deny that truth ?

I agree that it is time for the Blues and the Reds to come together and help the Imperium's economy... right after the Blues brag about how all of our efforts keep helping the glorious Imperium become stronger. :D