• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Korchin is just chilling in the middle of China like "Where did all of my friends go?"
Anyone notice there are no (visible) name tags over Korea or Japan? If that's the case, who conquered them? China most likely controls Korea. But who controls Japan? And how did they colonize that much of Siberia so fast?
Also, in the narrative what was the statue they were referring to? What chapter was that in?
That Aztec AAR looks interesting.

Last edited:
Anyone notice there are no (visible) name tags over Korea or Japan? If that's the case, who conquered them? China most likely controls Korea. But who controls Japan? And how did they colonize that much of Siberia so fast? Also, in the narrative what was the statue they were referring to? What chapter was that in?
jb9zm9d.jpg

This will be discussed during the Senate Session. Probably.

Reactions:
I would say that there is still the possibility, that china is christian and will be a great ally in the future.

But since this is CzokletChina, it probably will be the end boss of Imperium Sine Fine and it's soldiers already equipped with tanks and laser weapons.

Reactions:
So we Finally Get to see China I wonder how close this China is to OTL China
It may be closer than you think ;)
Okay then, I almost sent my new character today. I'll do it tomorrow then.
Also, incredible chapter, these victories against Aquitaine really helped Pisa reestablish itself.
Please do! And yeah, unfortunately Pisa is growing stronger. I'll probably use the new trade node map from "Common Sense" in "Imperium Sine Fine", so they'll probably get even richer.
My Reactions:
Wow, horde got rekt
Wow, rebels got rekt
Wow, Aztecs got rekt
Wait, what? A Demon child? Can we please have an evil Emperor?
Wow, Aquitaine got rekt
Then:
hmm, wait a minute, the Imperium is actually doing well. Czoklet won't stand for this..
scrolls down
OHSHIT.JPG
CHINA IS COLONIZING SIBERIA
EVACUATE THE PLANET
THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS

LaJ9Kmo.gif

I've been waiting for this chapter to come out before writing my new character: I'll have it written by Sunday.

I have a question: Can I have my Senator be from Ceylon? It's not technically a province of the Imperium, but considering the topics we will be covering in the next few sessions I thought a local's POV would be nice.
JUST AS PLANNED!

I'm waiting :) Well, if you can convince me how member of your House was born on Ceylon which was officially acknowledged as a real place 20 years ago then sure.
Don't worry I think Korchin's got this one under control
Korchin is just chilling in the middle of China like "Where did all of my friends go?"
Korchin stronk!
welp, there goes my hopes of ryukyu's vast empire to bring those filthy romans under their rightful rule. Now that the HRE is gone, can you shed some light about the events you made for it? or were they part of PPA?
These were all PPA events with only localization changed sligtly.
Wow... this AAR will never cease to amaze me. The Xenoi and the Horde has been weakened while our allies grow stronger. We're getting to see more of Asia (come on Super-Japan!)... And then there is the heir. I understand why the writing about him was kept abrupt and false, but how do you intend to write his appearance? He'll eventually be the emperor, assuming nothing happens to him. His ruling stats were pretty good, despite being 'disfigured'. Personally my mind went to a certain short Lannister....
Imperium, uh, finds a way. The blessed Emperor is obviously not deformed in any way - as God's Regent on Earth he is a visible reflection of God's glory and as such is perfect in every way. BTW - "pretty good" stats? 5/5/4 is amazing!

As for the rest of Asia, this will be discussed during the Session.
I think the Whites weren't happy reading all this nonsense about taking new loans :p

Anyway things are going "too" good for the Empire :D
That child will surely be interesting to follow, Pisa's extansion must be watched, Aragon must be protected from what is inside its borders ...
And that Zhonguo sure is terrifying ... The kind of monster you prefer to unleash on Xenoi than have on your back.
I'll have to permanently station 20,000 men strong tagmata there or else Aragon will collapse to worshippers of the Dark Gods - they must have like 10% religious unity at the moment. As for the loans and Far East, well, we'll discuss this in the near future :)
Makes you wonderi f you really want to push past the hordes, or just leave them in their wastelands as a buffer.
You are assuming the horse-lords are going to survive.
Ah, what's the worst that could happen...?
The answer is obvious:
efc.gif

THIS. WAS AMAZING.
This AAR just doesn't cease to surprise with its epicness- Norway and Denmark (both worshipping Xenoi gods)? Aragon restored? A monsterous China? This is great.
I will send my application soon- as always, I plan an application and then change it again because the chapter is so surprising :p
By the way, in which in-game year will the faction meetings take place?
Thanks! Faction Meeting will take place on December 1539, shortly before the Session which will traditionally take place in the last week of 1539/first week of 1540.
Since Enlil has already mentioned it, I can leave out the more Pisan part of my thoughts on the update.
An amazing update. The Imperium victorious on all fronts, the fleet as insignificant as always (save for their transport purposes), still venturing past the pillars, which it clearly should not have, defeating an enemy while outnumbering it 4 to 1 (damn, these reforms have really paid off...What do you say? It would have been won anyways with such a large advantage? Hm, ...)
Urgh, I need to stop there. I should leave that criticism for my character, after all. It is great to see a naval victory at least :)
More importantly, the legacy of Charles the Usurper and the false Bishop of Rome has finally been grinded into dust! Rome shines even brighter than before!
---
I'm really looking forward to the next senatorial sessions. Everything is possible for the Imperium now that it can act out of a position of strength.
The Angeloi protect!
Kristos nobiscum!

You're missing one very important thing there - without a strong, capable fleet the Imperium will be forever limited to Europe, perhaps with some parts of Africa and Asia open to conquest and exploitation. Mighty Imperial Navy however gives a chance to (in the long run) take the fight to the Far West. Or maybe you don't want to see the power of the Cross destroying xenoi beasts, you heretic scum?! ;)

I'm really glad that HRE is kill. It was a pathetic remnant of bygone era which had to be removed, not to mention that the Sunset Invasion wouldn't be such a staggering success for the Westerners if not for constant Cathar-Catholic wars between kaiser and pope in CK2 (depleted levies, low moral authority -> rebels etc.).
Damn @CzokletMuss you put the Senate Session when I just wanted to continue my AAR ! :p
Anyway I'll wait for the upcoming dose of MADNESS(TM)
Sorry! It's just a plan, everything may - and probably will be - a subjec to change.
Go, go! Aragon! Aragon!
Oh Iesus Kristos, the Kasteloi will be drunk for the following centuries thanks to these good news! Party for everyone!
It's good to have Aragon back. Now I can finally remove convert Castillan culture provinces in Abyssinia ;)
Oh, this next session is going to be fun. I'm excited that my Senator is still alive for it. It might be the last of him, but he and many other Demes will be pretty smug over how successful those reforms are working... Beyond that, I also want to thank CzokletMuss for getting the links on the first page working. I didn't notice them until now.
No problem, though it's not only my doing - apart from help I got from viola the forum can now apparently handle old links. Which BTW means that they also should work in CK2 part of the story :)
wait, we have the canaries? They're purple on the map you posted.
They were part of the peace deal in the Great Aragonese War.
Canaries, Maledives, Baleares - be careful, for if you betray the Throne you may be sent to these terrible, terrible places as a punishment!
The Canarias will be a great operating base to launch an invasion or colonization mission to South America from.
I'm calling it now--China with equivalent Western tech, exploration ideas, unique government type (as they haven't exploded immediately like they usually do since El Dorado.)
Exactly the reason why I took them, the- wait, what is this "South America" you are talking about?
*innocent whistling*
Welp that was great. I have to admit that this last couple of decades was a lot better than ever, however thanks to that bunch of problems in the south which led to that terrible scourge of the army, my senator has something to complain about. Man is that UBER china scary! However I think they wouldn't have to be western tech to be scary they just need to be eastern tech like us and with a decent government type to truly make me sweat. However, they are far enough away to not be quite a threat yet.
It's possible that Japan is still independent--the text might be small enough as to be lost within the map effect. I assume we'll find out once it's too late.
*whistling intensifies*
*Sees china*
*Roland Emmerich BWOWM sound plays*
Run to the Stargate!
Ah, the BWAAM button, always good to have it ready :)
Great new addition, I have enjoyed reading all of your AAR, your dedication is worthwhile and much appreciated!
Thank you very much Eofric, it's always very nice to read this - I appreciate it that you take your time to let me know you enjoy the story :)
I would say that there is still the possibility, that china is christian and will be a great ally in the future.
But since this is CzokletChina, it probably will be the end boss of Imperium Sine Fine and it's soldiers already equipped with tanks and laser weapons.
You mean something like this:

oaOo1QR.jpg

;)

Reactions:
Chinese innovation better than Imperial innovation? Lies and heresy!

Or maybe you don't want to see the power of the Cross destroying xenoi beasts, you heretic scum?!

This ... what, no *throws Pisan flags into the cellar*

I do hope that the reconquest of rightfully Imperial territory comes before taking any dirty unworthy western land though. (Not to mention that ALL territory is rightfully Imperial, ofc)

Chinese innovation better than Imperial innovation? Lies and heresy!
See citizens, that's the attitude of a true Roman!
This ... what, no *throws Pisan flags into the cellar*
I do hope that the reconquest of rightfully Imperial territory comes before taking any dirty unworthy western land though. (Not to mention that ALL territory is rightfully Imperial, ofc)
Remember, the Athanatoi are watching.
This will depend to some extent on the outcome of the next Session.

Also in case someone didn't notice:

THERE ARE VACANT SEATS IN THE IMPERIAL SENATE
SEND YOUR APPLICATION - THE EMPEROR NEEDS YOUR ADVICE

i_want_you_by_brotherostavia-d4815m2.1.jpg

Reactions:
That was some amazing chapter. Impressive results - I wouldn't have expected the Imperial Navy to trash the Xenoi fleets that well, after previous ones. Good to see I was wrong.

I note that Xenoi control Maracaibo. So they extend into bits of S. America - not only over all of N America as supposed (though that might not be the case anymore considering the civil wars and rebellions all over the place).
And there's still a big power lurking in S. America as well, if I remember what was said by Xenoi defectors decades ago. Unless they were already talking about China and Aztecs fighting each other across the Pacific, but that would be unlikely considering China appeared in 1444 and wouldn't have time to improve techs and explore all these zones in a few decades.

Anyone notice there are no (visible) name tags over Korea or Japan? If that's the case, who conquered them? China most likely controls Korea. But who controls Japan? And how did they colonize that much of Siberia so fast?
Well, that might be why Imperial agents were mighty suspicious, and downright worried, when they got the maps and were told that nope, those were real, confirmed ones, not just incorrect incomplete ones with "here be dragons" put in lots of places.

Hello fellow Senators. I am Ulysses of House Aelious. Nice to meet you all. I hope that we can meet some.... agreements in our meetings.

Hello fellow Senators. I am Ulysses of House Aelious. Nice to meet you all. I hope that we can meet some.... agreements in our meetings.

A Pisan flag as your avatar? You've come to the right place, friend.

This AAR is the reason I choose it as , "This is Madness" after all.

Welcome my fellow senator! I hope the trade of "spices" from the west will flow through the Republic to the Imperium with no trouble, you know, Athanatoi must destroy all those heathen goods *wink wink*

Reactions:
Welcome my fellow senator! I hope the trade of "spices" from the west will flow through the Republic to the Imperium with no trouble, you know, Athanatoi must destroy all those heathen goods *wink wink*
What the Athanatoi don't know can't hurt th-(loud thud from a sword hilt to the back of the head). No it can't hurt us as their is nothing we don't know. But what you know may indeed hurt you.

Reactions:
Re: Czoklet:

The House Colombo is extinct in the male line now; Christoforo's wife died before having children and he was celibate afterwards. I considered continuing from the descendants of the 'failure' twin brother of the Genoan branch, but they are quite distant now and were not supposed to still be around in my original plans. At any rate, I'd like to reboot with some fresh blood and perspective, Colombo and Domenico literally and figurative burnt out their legacies respectively.

I think I'm going to play as the son of a Romanoi missionary or diplomat who moved to Ceylon, not sure since I haven't written it out fully yet.

So you want to change your House, is that it?

In any case I suggest everyone who has not yet sent his character to hurry, I would like the Faction Meetings to start tomorrow. And there is much to discuss:

9i4PnFl.jpg

Reactions: