• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow... this AAR will never cease to amaze me. The Xenoi and the Horde has been weakened while our allies grow stronger. We're getting to see more of Asia (come on Super-Japan!)... And then there is the heir. I understand why the writing about him was kept abrupt and false, but how do you intend to write his appearance? He'll eventually be the emperor, assuming nothing happens to him. His ruling stats were pretty good, despite being 'disfigured'. Personally my mind went to a certain short Lannister....

Reactions:
I think the Whites weren't happy reading all this nonsense about taking new loans :p

Anyway things are going "too" good for the Empire :D
That child will surely be interesting to follow, Pisa's extansion must be watched, Aragon must be protected from what is inside its borders ...
And that Zhonguo sure is terrifying ... The kind of monster you prefer to unleash on Xenoi than have on your back.

I think the Whites weren't happy reading all this nonsense about taking new loans :p

And that Zhonguo sure is terrifying ... The kind of monster you prefer to unleash on Xenoi than have on your back.

Makes you wonderi f you really want to push past the hordes, or just leave them in their wastelands as a buffer.

Ah, what's the worst that could happen...?

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #12

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby annouces:

1) that the following delegates of the noble Houses to the Imperial Senate have died due to natural causes:
  1. senator Junius Pylaeus (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. senator Alexandros de Bretagne (played by: fastrike)
  3. senator Christoforo Colombo (played by: luciusmalfoy012)
  4. senator Ioustinianos Argyros (played by: Tharassian)
  5. senator Anastasios VI Salamis (played by: ParrotGuy)

2) that therefore the following noble Houses may appoint new representative to the Imperial Senate:
  1. House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  2. House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  3. House COLOMBO (played by: luciusmalfoy012)
  4. House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  5. House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)

3) that the following noble Houses have not yet appointed new representative to the Imperial Senate since the last Session:
  1. House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  2. House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  3. House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  4. House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  5. House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  6. House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)

4) that the aforementioned Houses will be permenently removed from Album Senatorium if they fail to appoint new representatives to the Imperial Senate before the next Session;

5) that the following delegates of the noble Houses to the Imperial Senate were absent on the two consecutive Senate Sessions and therefore were permenently removed from Album Senatorium:
  • House MOUSTAKAS (played by: Andre Massena)
  • House TSOUKALOS (played by: Halocon720)

3) that therefore 2 (two) new Houses may join the Imperial Senate;

4) that therefore – in case the aforementioned Houses fail to appoint their new representatives before the next Senate Session - 6 (six) more new Houses may join the Imperial Senate.

FACTION EVENTS (1520-1540)
Illustrious President of the Imperial Senate magistros Nikephoros Dalassenos hereby reminds the noble Senators of the following events concerning Senate Factions:

oWLRmdl.jpg

5vuObzs.jpg

6moMYug.jpg

6moMYug.jpg

GiBsoIO.jpg

gX0H7Yc.jpg

jXCZ85c.jpg

lvnYDG3.jpg

qee8hDF.jpg

Rk0urr8.jpg

MOlfmoR.jpg

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Nikophoros Dalassenos
President of the Imperial Senate

Here's my plan for this month:
  • Next week the Faction Meeting will be organized for every Demes so that you can discuss what happened and plan for the next Session
  • In the meantime I'm going to figure out whether „Imperium Sine Fine” can be upgraded to patch 1.12
  • Senate Session will probably take place between 17-23 June
  • However, before the Senate Session I have to rewrite the rules, because right now they are a complicated mess
  • If possible, I'll update „Imperium Sine Fine” → expect a dev diary
  • Apart from that it will be a busy month for me, since organizing Senate Session, modding and writing next chapter for „Pro Fide” is a lot of work if you put it all together
  • I can't say what the issues discussed on the next Session will be because this may be influenced by patch 1.12 but I can't tell until the patch is released

YOU MAY SEND ME YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE IMPERIAL SENATE STARTING NOW

This includes Bubba – I want to have every application in my mailbox to avoid any issues. There are only 2 vacant seats at the moment, which means only 2 new Senators will join the Senate for sure. The remaining seats may or may not be taken by the old players if they send their characters before the Session starts. If you have any questions concerning your characters I would rather read them in the mail than in this thread or PM on the forum.

Also to make creating backstory for your characters easier, I created this map of the Imperium (all purple provinces are governed directly by the Throne, Imperial Navy or other institution separately from the „normal” administration system):

xHQERUf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hype! That Chapter was amazing. Are we going to see an independent Finland? I thought I saw an event where rebels spawned there against the xenoi.
And that China though, pretty scary and unified for once.

Hype! That Chapter was amazing. Are we going to see an independent Finland?
How about Norway?

7p7loNM.jpg

There are more but this will be discussed during Senate Session :)

Insert gasp. Denmark too?

THIS. WAS AMAZING.
This AAR just doesn't cease to surprise with its epicness- Norway and Denmark (both worshipping Xenoi gods)? Aragon restored? A monsterous China? This is great.
I will send my application soon- as always, I plan an application and then change it again because the chapter is so surprising :p
By the way, in which in-game year will the faction meetings take place?

Last edited:
Since Enlil has already mentioned it, I can leave out the more Pisan part of my thoughts on the update.

An amazing update. The Imperium victorious on all fronts, the fleet as insignificant as always (save for their transport purposes), still venturing past the pillars, which it clearly should not have, defeating an enemy while outnumbering it 4 to 1 (damn, these reforms have really paid off...What do you say? It would have been won anyways with such a large advantage? Hm, ...)

Urgh, I need to stop there. I should leave that criticism for my character, after all. It is great to see a naval victory at least :)

More importantly, the legacy of Charles the Usurper and the false Bishop of Rome has finally been grinded into dust! Rome shines even brighter than before!

---
I'm really looking forward to the next senatorial sessions. Everything is possible for the Imperium now that it can act out of a position of strength.

The Angeloi protect!

Oh, this next session is going to be fun. I'm excited that my Senator is still alive for it. It might be the last of him, but he and many other Demes will be pretty smug over how successful those reforms are working... Beyond that, I also want to thank CzokletMuss for getting the links on the first page working. I didn't notice them until now.

The Canarias will be a great operating base to launch an invasion or colonization mission to South America from.
I'm calling it now--China with equivalent Western tech, exploration ideas, unique government type (as they haven't exploded immediately like they usually do since El Dorado.)

Welp that was great. I have to admit that this last couple of decades was a lot better than ever, however thanks to that bunch of problems in the south which led to that terrible scourge of the army, my senator has something to complain about. Man is that UBER china scary! However I think they wouldn't have to be western tech to be scary they just need to be eastern tech like us and with a decent government type to truly make me sweat. However, they are far enough away to not be quite a threat yet.

Before I answer to any of your comments (or e-mails) - does anyone remember my other AAR with Aztecs? No?

Well, here it is. I should finish it before "Common Sense" release, so it will be extremely short but I guess Sunset Invasion attempt deserves at least three chapters, amirite? ;)