• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reactions:
Bubba has never publically spoken of his heterodox opinions on Markos and he never will. He respects the Angeloi far too much to speak ill of any of them, and he knows darn well that bigots will misconstrue his words to sentence him to die. Also, while he abhors Markos' mutilation of his sons, he understands from his research that Markos truly regretted his sin and atoned for it many times over. If Peter denied Christ and went on to become one of the greatest saints of all time, then sure God will forgive one of His greatest modern servants for his wrongdoing!
That's one key theme of Bubba's life: forgiveness. Jesus restored Peter after he denied Him, and Jesus restored Markos after he maimed his own kids.
Bubba knows Markos is in Paradise. I mean, the dude's father was named Marcosi Azizid!

As for the Antioch story, I will gladly change the date. What date would be most appropriate? It needs to be after Galilee was integrated into Rome and before 1444 AD (because that was the end of when characters could press claims).

Bubba is not a White Deme because he has seen some dark hearts filled with hate for fellow believers over there. He cannot fathom why men so learned in the Bible practice so little of it. *eyes Colombos*

Bubba was born crippled. Most of the men in his family were born crippled. Agath "the Sinner" Azizid I, the corrupt founder and triple converter of the Azizites, was also crippled. Itʻs actually a genetic disease, but Bubba thinks it is a "thorn in the flesh" like the one Paul had in the Epistles. Paul praised God for his physical affliction because it reminded him who was boss and kept him humble and dependent on God. Itʻs a consequence of his family patriarch being an unrepentant triple converting coward who never truly found Jesus.

One interesting thing I've noticed about Bubba is that his family has done more mission work and evangelizing than most of the hateful men among the Whites put together. No one can doubt the sincerity of Bubba's faith, and come on, his oldest brother is an archbishop!

The Blues are the most rational and most humble (in comparison) group in the Senate. Bubba is a Mongol, and so he is a fierce advocate for high tech calvary and horseback archery (AKA Reds), but the Blues satisfy his cultural thirst for expanding territory by peaceful colonization.

Bubba could really care less for the navy. He is a Blue for the colonization, the trade and economics, and the level headed behavior of its members. His emphasis on calvary makes him more of a Red and his passion for converting list souls makes him for in with the Whites, too.

So your a bluish pink? XP

Reactions:
Hey, the whites have only one dark heart and he's a religious nut job.
Ok, and an aspiring banker, so two dark hearts.
But also two totally reasonable and pragmatic faithful.
So the whites now only have 50% dark hearts!

The Blues are the most rational and most humble (in comparison) group in the Senate.

If only their great humbleness wouldn't be overshadowed by their insatiable greed. Their rationality is also best known for their most cunning plan - creating a wall of wood that secures the Pillars of Hercules by sinking the entire fleet of the Imperium multiple times :D

Apart from their shining virtues however, they are only focused on trade. If the whites try to tell them that production is actually where the most income is generated for the Imperium, they are sure to disagree with a zeal most unfitting for such a reasonable and enlightened demes.

:cool:

Reactions:
And than reviving iconoclasm and destroying the golden throne? Heres... well... you know the deal.

So your a bluish pink? XP
Pinkos! Un-Roman fifth columnists! We should form a Senate Committee and make a list of good, God-fearing Romans.

Pinkos! Un-Roman fifth columnists! We should form a Senate Committee and make a list of good, God-fearing Romans.
This would be a very long investigation and a very short list...

Voltaire said:
This agglomeration of people which called and which still calls itself good, god-fearing romans were neither good, nor god-fearing, nor romans.

Last edited:
Reactions:
And than reviving iconoclasm and destroying the golden throne? Heres... well... you know the deal.

Destroying the Golden Throne?! :eek:

Dude, do you really think Bubba has a problem with the Emperor being called God's Regent on the earth? No, not at all, because the Angeloi have constantly proved that they are not only worthy of their title, but that all else are unworthy. Remember, in this day and age, even the most humanist men were deists at their most radical. No one denied that God (or a god or gods) existed, and they all agree that rulers are blessed. Bubba believes that the Angeloi are blessed by God and, like any good Roman, he believes that only the Angeloi will protect him and Christianity from being raped and murdered by the Xenoi.

I said that he has Iconoclast bents, not that he is Iconoclast. His only objection to icons are when people pray to them as if they can somehow answer prayers. Icons, to Bubba, are decorations and symbols that are made to remind us of great Christians of the past and inspire us to be mroe like them. They are only holy because the Church is holy. That's why the Church has saints: some men lived such exemplary lives that their names are remembered forever.
Bubba sees saints as holy role models and heroes to look up to. He does not see them as divine or to be prayed to.

(Interestingly, RL Orthodoxy doesn't make much of a deal about praying to Mary and the saints, and doesn't really see them as interceders. One reason- among many, such as the Trinity and the authority of the Patriarchs -that the Great Schism broke was because the Catholic Church was seen as more decadent and scholarly compared to the spiritual Orthodox church. Remember, Orthodox theology is a lot more like Protestants than Catholics when it comes to their opinions on the Bible and the saints, and they did not side with the Catholics in the Reformation. I am a Southern Baptist in RL, and I have strongly considered switching to the Orthodox denomination. One of my former pastors told me that I was right when I said that Orthodox theology is ssimilar to Baptist theology as far as matters on the Bible and the saints go, but, of course, the Orthodox Church has a clergy hiearchy and practices Apolistic Succession. As I've been told, Orthodoxy is the ceremony and structure of the Catholics and the spirituality and theology of the Protestants.)

(I am still doing my research, though. I don't live near an Orthodox church, so I can't actually ask them.)

Reactions:
I don't know what you are talking about... *sips from a cup of hot xocolatl*

781795_1327707132870_240_200.jpg

did_you_say_Chocolate__by_MegansAmazingArt.jpg

(Interestingly, RL Orthodoxy doesn't make much of a deal about praying to Mary and the saints, and doesn't really see them as interceders. One reason- among many, such as the Trinity and the authority of the Patriarchs -that the Great Schism broke was because the Catholic Church was seen as more decadent and scholarly compared to the spiritual Orthodox church. Remember, Orthodox theology is a lot more like Protestants than Catholics when it comes to their opinions on the Bible and the saints, and they did not side with the Catholics in the Reformation. I am a Southern Baptist in RL, and I have strongly considered switching to the Orthodox denomination. One of my former pastors told me that I was right when I said that Orthodox theology is ssimilar to Baptist theology as far as matters on the Bible and the saints go, but, of course, the Orthodox Church has a clergy hiearchy and practices Apolistic Succession. As I've been told, Orthodoxy is the ceremony and structure of the Catholics and the spirituality and theology of the Protestants.)

(I am still doing my research, though. I don't live near an Orthodox church, so I can't actually ask them.)
So after Enlil the Polyglot we now have TrutleShroom the Theologian - by Saint Markos' beard, the next Senate Sessions are going to be great! :) This is what's really awesome in Grand Strategy Games, they tend to attract interesting people who are well-versed in various areas. All we need now is someone who specializes in Nahuatl culture and we will have probably the most meritocratic team in any AAR on this forum :)

I had some other plans for this week (RL and all that) but you know what, screw this - I'm writing the next chapter starting right now.

Reactions:
So after Enlil the Polyglot we now have TrutleShroom the Theologian - by Saint Markos' beard, the next Senate Sessions are going to be great! :) This is what's really awesome in Grand Strategy Games, they tend to attract interesting people who are well-versed in various areas. All we need now is someone who specializes in Nahuatl culture and we will have probably the most meritocratic team in any AAR on this forum :)

I had some other plans for this week (RL and all that) but you know what, screw this - I'm writing the next chapter starting right now.
Yeah! Take that, reality!

It is literally the law that Xenoi can only exist in the Imperium if they are in chains. Anyone who speaks positive of human sacrificing rapists and murderers who slit chests, pry open ribcages, and yank out beating hearts is to be chained with them or killed. All Christian scholars in this AAR's world believe, with very good reason, that Aztecs are not human and are physically manifested agents of Satan (this is my exact view in RL and why I support Spanish conquest of the Aztecs, though I feel bad for the Incas and others, who were fellow humans undeserving of their fate).

I mean, all of Aztec theology can be literally summed up as "blood for the blood gods and skulls for the skull throne, so that the blood gods do not restart creation".

Bubba, like many scholars, can speak Nahuatl for translation purposes, and they understand their literally Satanic culture for the same reason. After all, the Xenoi sometimes must communicate at a treaty signing and translators are needed.

This next Senate session is going to be the best Senate session. Ever. Of all time.

Reactions:
And to think that the last session was the best ever- it seems like it will get even better.