• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This session was glorious! (we can write without brackets now, right?)
I was surprised that the national decision and focus didn't pass, but I guess that you're going to choose Maritime and Diplomatic focus anyways since these were the original bills?

Hm, again, no majority on the major topics. It seems to be hart to get the necessary majority if more than one proposal is on the table, which isn't good. Maybe it would be better to just use an relative majority, so not everything is lost because there are different opinions. And it wouldn't reduce the whole Rp-convincing part. I mean, I get why you would like us to maximize the quorum, but still...

But besides that, this was an really awesome session. With tons of plotting (the recess was a great idea for that and should be kept), discussions and conflict. Making alliances, friends and enemies and all that.

Reactions:
Hm, again, no majority on the major topics. It seems to be hart to get the necessary majority if more than one proposal is on the table, which isn't good. Maybe it would be better to just use an relative majority, so not everything is lost because there are different opinions. And it wouldn't reduce the whole Rp-convincing part. I mean, I get why you would like us to maximize the quorum, but still...

But besides that, this was an really awesome session. With tons of plotting (the recess was a great idea for that and should be kept), discussions and conflict. Making alliances, friends and enemies and all that.
Yes, I think we should use (50% + 1) majority instead of 2/3 because it just doesn't work.

This session was glorious! (we can write without brackets now, right?)
I was surprised that the national decision and focus didn't pass, but I guess that you're going to choose Maritime and Diplomatic focus anyways since these were the original bills?
Sure! :) I'm particularly interested in what should be changed in the rules in your opinion.

I agree in everything with McGrey. It is nearly impossible to obtain 2/3 of the votes.

By the way, I want to propose a change on reference what we talked yesterday about amendments. I think that it would be a good idea if party leaders can keep proposing them BUT if there are 3 senators of at least 2 parties they also can propose an amendment. This way we can have the best of both worlds.

PS: 2/3 of 22 is 14.5 so 14 could be considered passed anyway :rolleyes:
PS2: I am counting the summary and there must be some failures. 1st part has 20 votes (14 + 6) while 2nd has only 19. Senator Colombo does not appear in any demes...

I like how you didn't include that maniac Colombo as one of the whites, he is clearly no sane addition to the faction :)

The maritime ideas almost managed to reach the 2/3s though...maybe it is good to keep them for the most important decisions?

Hehehe, last session best session. I'm starting to hate the Raoul-Salamis alliance!

And yes, the votes are getting... hard to get. I don't remember having a good result, and hey, now we were closer than ever to pass a bill, hahaha.

Ya, I do have to wonder why I'm not part of the Whites.. considering I was the first to join it this session.

:D

Gib Economic ideas plz Czoklet

Hehehe, last session best session. I'm starting to hate the Raoul-Salamis alliance!

And yes, the votes are getting... hard to get. I don't remember having a good result, and hey, now we were closer than ever to pass a bill, hahaha.
The Raoul-Salamis alliance story is getting interesting, first Anastasios and Hadrianos were very fond of each other and strong allies and then boom, the alliance got harder to preserve when the new Senators arrived (through I imagine the houses worked together outside the Senate even after the deaths of Hadrianos&Anastasios). I wonder what will happen with my next Senator...
And about the rules, I agree with McGrey- we saw that even now, when the White leader and another White (Melissenos) voted for Maritime it didn't pass, which is kind of weird, but maby use 60% to make it more challenging and preserve the danger of the Senate failing and loosing prestige, causing the dynastoi to rejoice and our nobles to cry.

Last edited:
Yes, I think we should use (50% + 1) majority instead of 2/3 because it just doesn't work.
Well, if I'm remembering correctly, your in-story reason to re-create the Senate was to "distract the scheming nobles" to further centralize power. I'd say by making it hard for them to force their will, you're doing it just fine the way it is. (story-wise of course, not RL fun-wise)

Reactions:
Awesome Senate Session, though its a shame to see that we were one vote away from forcing Maritime Ideas.

So, DIP focus and an MP policy, our MIL tech will be lacking a bit...
EDIT: hang on a sec, re-reading the dev diary, are we gonna suddenly have our southern front become a CN? I forgot how the rule applies to contiguous overland connections.

Last edited:
So, DIP focus and an MP policy, our MIL tech will be lacking a bit...
EDIT: hang on a sec, re-reading the dev diary, are we gonna suddenly have our southern front become a CN? I forgot how the rule applies to contiguous overland connections.
Contiguous regions will not be a part of trade companies or colonial nations.

Hey czoklet, my house and my dude are on for the next senate yeah?
Do I need to choose a faction, I think that in character my senator would probably stay independent but if I have to choose i'd probably choose the reds.

I think requiring a 51% majority to pass a bill is a good idea, or if there are more than 2 competing bills to simply let the one that gets the most votes win, since the Senate failing to pass a bill seems very harmful to its prestige in the story. My senator ended up looking pretty indecisive because he voted against his own amendment when he became certain his reform would fail simply because he didn't want to harm the Senate by preventing a bill, any bill, from failing. If the required majority would have been easier to reach that would not have been an issue.

Out of character of course I knew we would never get 2/3rds support as the smallest Demes going against the Emperor, but I suppose my character was more optimistic. And because of that he ended up both failing to pass his own amendment and failing to prevent harm to the senate even though he voted against himself. As a write this I realise how silly it sounds, but if the only way not to damage the senate in character is not to oppose the original bill the system is probably not working the way it was intended.

In retrospect I suppose it would have been better to go all the way and follow trough with what I started since the end result would have been the same, but at least this way the faction meeting becomes a bit more interesting for me :eek:.

Last edited:
I think requiring a 51% majority to pass a bill is a good idea, or if there are more than 2 competing bills to simply let the one that gets the most votes win, since the Senate failing to pass a bill seems very harmful to its prestige in the story.

I can agree with that for a proposition, perhaps, since that's more like the emperor asking for advice, so the most-backed argument would be his feedback. Just not Senatus Consulta.

Ya, I do have to wonder why I'm not part of the Whites.. considering I was the first to join it this session.
Just a simple error, I'll fix it.

I can't really post right now so let me just say that an update is coming today. ;)

Reactions:
Hype intensifies !

About the Session : Very enjoyable, especially the recess :)
I'd say to reserve the amendments to the faction leader. It serves nothing to have them unless they got some power ....
About the vote, we coudl try a 3/5 majority ? Otherwise i'm fine with a 51% majority

Reactions: