• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
House Colombo supports the amendment of Senator Serapis

We must save the Imperium, not just from outside threats, but from threats within. Therefore, I support the amendment of Senator Serapis.

For the Imperium!

{lol idk why I didn't see that earlier. I 'supported' it by pressing the button as well}

{{No, I would have to go through every page of this thread and fix them manually and I had better things to do during the last week or so. I'll fix them eventually. }}

If it help I can go through the aar and write you the page and message number of each link. May this speed the things up?

If it help I can go through the aar and write you the page and message number of each link. May this speed the things up?
{{Yes! Thank you very much, this will be very helpful :) }}

{{Yes! Thank you very much, this will be very helpful :) }}

{{Then during this week I will do it as soon as I have time. It should be done on friday the latest.}}

{{ Awesome, muchas gracias :) }}

IMPORTANT
For some reason both you and I missed one pretty important thing - no candidate for a Faction Leader was officialy announced. Since there is 25 minutes of the debate left and there are no candidates, the election of Faction Leaders is hereby postponed.

And frankly I think the amendment system works better than the old one with Faction Leaders so we may just get rid of them for good - but we will talk more about this after the Session is over.

{{Now the voting could become exiting. In most issues most the senate seems to be of the same mind, but the idea group?}}

IMPORTANT
For some reason both you and I missed one pretty important thing - no candidate for a Faction Leader was officialy announced. Since there is 25 minutes of the debate left and there are no candidates, the election of Faction Leaders is hereby postponed.

And frankly I think the amendment system works better than the old one with Faction Leaders so we may just get rid of them for good - but we will talk more about this after the Session is over.

{{There are candidates announced, at least in red faction (Scipion and Wedrovander) and the Blues (many people).

But I agree that amendment system works out better, although I would prefer a smaller limit for present and amendment (5+1=6 seems excessive in my opinion). I would say 3 senator should be right. We are never going to have more than 1-2 amendments}}

IMPORTANT

{{I don't think getting rid of them is a good idea- I propose keeping the amendament system like it was in this session, but keep leaders with some powers to spice things up- elections for faction leadership create some exciting moments.}}

IMPORTANT

{{What? But I was going to win! After barely campaigning!}}

{{ Let's leave Leaders elections for Faction Meetings - I suspect there will be some changes in Faction membership, so it'll allow new members to have a say in said elections. Plus you'll have something to do while waiting for next chapter ;) }}

{{If we're going to keep the amendment system (which I quite like), we have to give the leaders some sort of power. They can't decide what their members will vote for, and now they can't dictate what their faction proposes. We should bring back the title system, where Faction Leaders can reward loyal members. However, I think the rewards need to be bigger for following the party line than they were.}}

Reactions:
{{Yay the amendment passed!!!
Though I think I'd be alright with not having faction leaders, the unofficial leaders jostling for power seems more fun than having a former leader, it helps make things more volatile, and I'm still hoping to see the Blues fracture since so far they've been pretty unified}}

FOURTH SENATE SESSION - VOTING

q32fjzl.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that

THE DEBATE HAS ENDED

AMENDMENTS OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE
During the debate noble Senators proposed the following amendments to the bills introduced to the Imperial Senate by His Imperial Majesty:

SENATUS CONSULTA
(1) Reform of the Imperial Navy and new legislation (Third Idea Group)
Amendment of Senator Alexios Serapis concerning the following:
Reformatio de Oeconomia Romanorum
I propose an amendment of the bill Senatus consultum concerning reform of the Navy.
Instead of a reform of the Navy I propose the Imperium dedicates itself towards a reformation and strengthening of the Economy. {{Economic National Ideas}}
I propose such reforms because of the urgent need of the Imperium to stop and reverse our descent into ever more crippling levels of Imperial debt and inflation, so as to secure the future needs of all sectors of our government and armed forces. The needs of our economy are acute. Our navies can adapt their strategies to a short term limit on their expansion and our armies are currently serving the Imperium successfully, even without further funds. Neither army nor navy will prosper in the future without a healthy Economy to support them.
I call on all Senators, of all Demes as well as the unaligned to support this bill. Let the needs of the Imperium prevail over factionalism and short-sighted personal interests. I make a call to reason. The costs of what the Megas Drungarios propose would devastate the imperium for centuries to come.

RESOLUTIONS
(5) Terms of peace – Aquitaine (annexation)
Amendment of Senator Leon Cortez concerning the following:
I believe the mad "emperor" should be made to submit to three conditions:
First: The mad king disband his pathetic 'empire' that means literally nothing, as he has no authority over the remaining german states. Permanantly. All imperial regalia will given over and melted down. I would guess this would be enforced on him even if this amendment failed, but it does not hurt to repeat.
Second: The mad king submit to the true emperor's mercy, whatever it may be, and the nobility of Aquitaine pay tribute to Imperium Romanum as a vassal state until such a time that it can be annexed without the threat of pisan raiding and chaos.
Third: The mad king pay for his insolence by forefeiting some of Aquitaine's territories up front, a more managable amount than the entire kingdom, preferably a stretch of land that gives the imperium a land connection to the ocean beyond the Mare Nostrum, to support raiding of Xenoi trade fleets and keep a watchful eye on the brittanic provinces.[/I]

POLICIES
(6) Policy - „Provincial Taxation System”
Proposed by Senator Leon Cortez:
Since nobody has proposed the policy of provinical taxation our recent administrative reforms have allowed for, I shall be the one to do it.
Since our reforms to the administration and military to provide a maximal amount of labor and manpower at a reduced cost, we have been able to get accurate figures of the wealth and availability of able-bodied men in an individual province. Therefore, if we were to adapt our taxation system on a provinical level, reducing the burden on themata depleted of men to fight or work the fields and making up the difference across richer themata, we would ultimately come out with more men for the Tagmata, thereby reducing our need for mercenaries, as well as less of an overhead cost for their upkeep, to reduce the expenditures of the imperium. This is, of course, at a cost, as many nobles who normally are in charge of leading the Tagmata will have to focus more on implementing this policy than leading troops, but it is a good alternative or supplement to economic reform.

BALLOTS
The noble Senators shall vote using the following ballots:

SENATUS CONSULTA
A. Ballot paper for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (MARITIME IDEA GROUP)
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (MARITIME IDEAS).”
B. Ballot paper for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Alexios Serapis (ECONOMIC IDEAS)
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Alexios Serapis (ECONOMIC IDEAS).”
C. Ballot paper for abstention from voting
  • „The House <NAME> decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
(2) Special powers for the Megas Droungarios (National Focus)
A. Ballot papers for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (DIPLOMATIC FOCUS)
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (DIPLOMATIC FOCUS).”
  • „The House <NAME> votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (DIPLOMATIC FOCUS).”
  • „The House <NAME> decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”

RESOLUTIONS
(3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan and Eastern Seas (within colonial range)
A. Ballot papers for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
  • „The House <NAME> votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
(4) Diplomatic mission – Ceylon (attempt to vassalize)
A. Ballot papers for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
  • „The House <NAME> votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.”
A. Ballot papers for bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.”
  • „The House <NAME> votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.”
  • „The House <NAME> decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.”

POLICIES
A. Ballot papers for enactment of the policy
  • „The House <NAME> votes FOR the enactment of the policy.”
  • „The House <NAME> votes AGAINST the enactment of the policy.”
  • „The House <NAME> decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the enactment of the policy.”

OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP STATEMENT
Every Senator must include a statement in a post in which he votes using one of the following templates:
  • „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and BECOMES UNAFFILIATED.”
  • „Senator <name> JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> LEAVES the <name> Demes and JOINS the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> STAYS IN the <name> Demes.”
  • „Senator <name> REMAINS UNAFFILIATED.”

BALLOTS (SENATE FACTIONS)
The noble Senators who are members of a Senate Faction (as per Album Senatorium in this post) shall also vote using the following ballots accordingly:

FACTION BONUS
A. Ballot papers for White Demes
  • -5% coring cost
  • -10% diplomatic annexation cost
  • +5% national tax
B. Ballot papers for Blue Demes
  • +1 colonist
  • +25% privateer efficiency
  • +5% trade efficiency
C. Ballot papers for Red Demes
  • -5% land attrition
  • -0.01 monthly war exhaustion
  • +5% cavalry combat ability

ALBUM SENATORIUM
  1. Blue senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. unaffiliated senator Junius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. Blue senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. Blue senator Titos Livios of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. VACANT SEAT of the noble House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  6. Red senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. Blue senator Antiochos of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. Red senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. VACANT SEAT of the noble House MOUSTAKAS (played by: Andre Massena)
  10. VACANT SEAT of the noble House TSOUKALOS (played by: Halocon720)
  11. Red senator Alexandros of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. Blue senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. Red senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. White senator Christoforo of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. Red senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. VACANT SEAT of the noble House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  17. VACANT SEAT of the noble House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  18. unaffiliated senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  19. Red senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  20. Red senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  21. unaffiliated senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  23. VACANT SEAT of the noble House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  24. Blue senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  25. White senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  26. unaffiliated senator Ioustinianos of the noble House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  27. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  28. Red senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  29. Blue senator Stephanos of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  30. unaffiliated senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces:
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 22 SENATORS as per Album Senatorium
  • that the required quorum is 11 SENATORS
  • that the required majority in voting on SENATUS CONSULTUA is equal to at least 15 SENATORS (2/3 of total number of Senators)
  • that the required majority in voting on RESOLUTIONS and POLICIES is equal to at least 11 SENATORS (1/2 of total number of Senators)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
GENERAL
  • You must follow the rules, especially those concerning writing in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC), or you risk getting banned from voting, current Session or in worst case the Senate.
  • Every Senator has 1 vote.
  • You vote only in this thread and only in-character.
  • You vote by posting a single post („voting post”) which includes (1) your character's name and Faction, if he is a Faction member (2) your vote in a form of ballots (3) obligatory Faction membership statement.
  • Your voting post may also include (4) closing argument no longer than 5 sentences.
  • Making other in-character posts during the voting makes your vote invalid.
  • In case you are not sure what to do, please PM me.
VOTING – EXCERPT FROM THE RULES
SECTION 4: VOTING

Article 21 – Role of the President of the Senate
1. President of the Senate annouces voting by posting in this thread. Continuing the debate after the aforementioned annoucement is forbidden.
(...)
3. President of the Senate counts votes and annouces the results of the voting in the Senatorial Record (Diarium Senatorum Imperialis).

Article 22 - Voting
1. Every Senator has 1 vote. Senators vote using ballots.
2. During voting Senators are allowed to make only one statement (1 post) which has to include vote in a proper form (ballot).
3. The statement (1 post) may include closing argument no longer than five sentences.
4. Senators may vote only in this thread and in-character.
5. Vote is invalid if:
- it doesn't fulfill the formal requirements;
- Senator voted writing out-of-character;
- Senator made more than 1 post during voting;
- Senator edited the post in which he voted;
- Senator voted after the voting has been closed;
- Senator voted in other place than this thread.

(...)
7. Senator who is absent (doesn't vote) during two consecutive Senate Sessions is removed from Album Senatorium together with his noble House, unless his absence was notified via e-mail or private massage before opening of the voting.

Article 23 – Ballot
1. For a vote to be valid, Senator has to use ballot (...)
2. Ballot must include statement concerning membership in the Senate Faction as per article 11-2.
3. Vote which doesn't fulfill this requirement is invalid.
4. President of the Senate provides ballots to the Senators in the post annoucing the beginning of the voting.
POSTING IN-CHARACTER
  • Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
    Code:
    [b][size=4]Senator <name> (<Faction/unaffiliated>):[/b][/size]
  • Example:
    Code:
    [size=4][b]Senator Exemplus Testus (White Demes):[/b][/size]
  • Senators have to write in-character using italics. Everything not written in italic is considered being said out-of-character with all the consequences.
  • When speaking out-of-character during the Senate Session, Senators have to use double braces: {{example}}.
HOW TO VOTE - EXAMPLE
Senator Exemplus Simplus (White Demes)
This is my closing statement: I'm here to show you how to vote. I have nothing more to say. Glory to the Angeloi!

SENATUS CONSULTA
The House Simplus votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Simplus votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

RESOLUTIONS
(3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)
The House Simplus decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Simplus votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.

POLICIES
The House Exemplus votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Exemplus Simplus STAYS IN the White Demes.

FACTION BONUS
+1% missionary strength
Here you have the code of the template:
Code:
[size=4][b]Senator Exemplus Simplus (White Demes)[/b][/size]
This is my closing statement: I'm here to show you how to vote. I have nothing more to say. Glory to the Angeloi!

[b]SENATUS CONSULTA[/b]
[u][b](1) Reform of the Imperial Navy and new legislation (Third Idea Group)[/b][/u]

[u][b](2) Special powers for the Megas Droungarios  (National Focus)[/b][/u]

[b]RESOLUTIONS[/b]
[u][b](3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)[/b][/u]
The House Simplus decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

[u][b](4) Diplomatic mission – Ceylon (attempt to vassalize)[/b][/u]

[u][b](5) Terms of peace – Aquitaine (annexation)[/b][/u]

[b]POLICIES[/b]
[u][b](6) Policy - „Provincial Taxation System”[/b][/u]
The House Exemplus votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

[b]OBLIGATORY FACTION MEMBERSHIP  STATEMENT[/b]
Senator Exemplus Simplus STAYS IN the White Demes.

[b]FACTION BONUS[/b]
[COLOR=#00ff00]+1% missionary strength[/COLOR]

THE VOTING STARTS NOW AND LASTS UNTIL 9:00 P.M. (UTC+1) 5 MAY 2015

Last edited:
Senator Marcus Arrius (the Blues):
I thank all Senators who participated in this Session. May the wisdom of His Imperial Majesty and Megas Droungarios guide you.

Senatus Consulta
The House Arrius votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

Resolutions
(3) Expedition - Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)

(4) Diplomatic mission - Ceylon (attempt to vassalize)

(5) Terms of peace - Aquitaine (annexation)
The House Arrius votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.

Policies
(6) Policy - ,,Provincial Taxation System"
The House Arrius vote FOR the enactment of the policy.

Obligatory Faction Membership Statement
Senator Marcus Arrius STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

Faction Bonus
+1 colonist

Senator Aetius Scipion (the Reds):

I hope the senate gives today a lesson of unity at the service of the Emperor. The Lord leads our hand on this day.

Senatus Consulta
The House Scipion votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty. (Maritime ideas)

The House Scipion votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

Resolutions

The House Scipion votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.

Policies
The House Scipion decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the enactment of the policy.

Senator Aetius Scipion STAYS IN the Red Demes.

Faction Bonus
-5% land attrition

Senator Alexios Serapis of the White Demes

"My friends and brothers in the Senate. Noble Senators of the great Houses Colombo, Melissenos, Pylaeus, Taurinus and Wedrovander. I thank you for your support. Had our mutual vision prevailed the Imperium would have been stronger for it, but now an uncertain future awaits. It is now clear that we will not gain the required support needed to pass the Senatus Consultua for Economic Reforms. Even if, by divine providence, we doubled the current support it would not be enough. Two thirds are required, and despite all our hard and earnest work I must concede defeat.

Rather than stubbornly clinging to my convictions I must abstain from supporting my own motion and place my vote in support for the naval bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty. I do this for the sake of the prestige and influence of the Senate, with the certainty that a strong and united Senate is essential to the strength and unity of the Imperium. My friends, my brothers, I urge you all to do the same.

Thank you and God bless the Angeloi!"

SENATUS CONSULTA
The House Serapis votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Serapis votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

RESOLUTIONS
(3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)
The House Serapis votes AGAINST the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Serapis decided to ABSTAIN from voting on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

(5) Terms of peace – Aquitaine
The House Serapis votes FOR the bill introduced by Senator Cortez.

POLICIES
The House Serapis votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Alexios Serapis STAYS IN the White Demes.

FACTION BONUS
-5% coring costs.

{{Czokletmuss. Is the list of faction bonuses current? Wasn't that what we voted on last time? I am certain the suggested bonuses for the White Demes were different this session. At least according to your post on the opening of the fourth senate session on pg 137.
If I am wrong, and since I can't edit this post I vote for a +1% missionary strength}}

{{ I let here the location of post so it will be easy for you to find the post once you need it.

The member number is 478382. It is always the same as your username.

The format I will use is: name of the post / page number / post number.

Diarium Senatorium 1 / 75 / 18502393
Diarium Senatorium 2 / 79 / 18514218
Diarium Senatorium 3 / 91 / 18646249
Diarium Senatorium 4 / 94 / 18655159
Diarium Senatorium 5 / 95 / 18658817
Diarium Senatorium 6 / 116 / 18841616
Diarium Senatorium 7 / 116 / 18845183
Diarium Senatorium 8 / 122 / 18883224

Development Diary 1 / 2 / 18154181
Development Diary 2 / 4 / 18167697
Development Diary 3 / 15 / 18245193
Development Diary 4 / 21 / 18272216
Development Diary 5 / 39 / 18350649
Development Diary 6 / 51 / 18407865

Prologue / 54 / 18421434
State 1450 / 55 / 18422057
Chapter 1 / 72 / 18493742
Chapter 2 / 91 / 18644378
Chapter 3 / 120 / 18877855

Senate 1
  • Announcement / /
  • Opening / 40 / 18359973
  • Voting / 47 / 18380178
  • Results / 48 / 18385918

Senate 2
  • Announcement / /
  • Opening / 57 / 18428764
  • Voting / 63 / 18444671
  • Results / 65 / 18450137
Senate 3
  • Announcement / 92 / 18648058
  • Opening / 96 / 18659153
  • Voting / 104 / 18691300
  • Results / 105 / 18696896

I hope this will help you}}

Reactions:
Senator Diaver Kastelos (Blue Demes):

"I can only hope that common sense will go further the Blue Demes."

Senatus Consulta

The House Kastelos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

Resolutions

The House Kastelos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.

Policies

The House Kastelos vote FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Diaver Kastelos STAYS IN the Blue Demes.

Faction Bonus
+1 colonist

{{Glory to the senator Exemplus Simplus!}}

Last edited:
Senator Titios Livios Melissenos (Blue Demes)

*Titos is looking on the ballot in his hand. To put so much importance on such a small piece of paper: For the empire, the senate, his family. Gaining enemies, but maybe also new allies in the process. As he hands it over, he mutters the words of an famous roman of old:*

Alea iacta est.

SENATUS CONSULTA
The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (MARITIME IDEAS).

The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty (DIPLOMATIC FOCUS).

RESOLUTIONS
(3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan and Eastern Seas (within colonial range)
The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty.

The House Melissenos votes FOR the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty with amendments of Senator Leon Cortez.

POLICIES
The House Melissenos votes FOR the enactment of the policy.

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos LEAVES the Blue Demes and JOINS the White Demes.

FACTION BONUS FOR THE WHITE DEMES
-5% coring cost