• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't want to influence power-hungry blues too much, especially playing as one, but OOC, I find the strategic value of ceylon as a vassal questionable since we get no trade from vassals and they can't really help us any more than we could help them if they were attacked except maybe to make timurid AI derp out a bit.
Well, eventually they will be "persuaded" to join the Imperium as a full province, as opposed to a client/vassal.
Actually can you mod in client states to appear a century earlier? They seem like a suitably Byzantine thing to do, especially if all the preexisting European states are gone by the time of reconquest.
Or maybe you can mod in the old provinces- Illyria, Hispania, Brittania, etc. as custom tags to be released?

I can and I may do this. Judging by the dev diaries of the new DLC, I'll have a lot of work to do to make "Imperium Sine Fine" fully compatible, so I may just throw in some extra features anyways :)

FOURTH SENATE SESSION - OPENING

q32fjzl.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that

THE FOURTH SENATE SESSION HAS BEGUN

1. AGENDA
The Fourth Senate Session is dedicated to the following matters:

SENATUS CONSULTUM
  • (1) Reform of the Imperial Navy and new legislation (Third Idea Group)
  • (2) Special powers for the Megas Droungarios (National Focus)
RESOLUTIONS
  • (3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)
  • (4) Diplomatic mission – Ceylon (attempt to vassalize)
  • (5) Terms of peace – Aquitaine (annexation)
POLICIES
  • Provincial Taxation System
SENATE FACTIONS
  • Faction modifiers (each Demes)
  • Election - Faction Leader (each Demes)
  • Faction membership statement

2. GUESTS OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, on the order of the Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom hereby announces that
  • His Excellency Javier Espinosa, Megas Droungarios of the Imperium Romanum and Megas Doux of the Imperial Navy
has been invited for the Fourth Senate Session as a guest of the Imperial Senate, so that the noble Senators may ask His Excellency questions concerning matters discussed during the Session as per article 20 of the rules of procedure.

3. ALBUM SENATORIUM
  1. Blue senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. unaffiliated senator Junius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. Blue senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. Blue senator Titos Livios of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. VACANT SEAT of the noble House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  6. Red senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. Blue senator Antiochos of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. Red senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. VACANT SEAT of the noble House MOUSTAKAS (played by: Andre Massena)
  10. VACANT SEAT of the noble House TSOUKALOS (played by: Halocon720)
  11. Red senator Alexandros of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. Blue senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. Red senator Giacomo of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. unaffiliated senator Christoforo of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. Red senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. VACANT SEAT of the noble House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  17. VACANT SEAT of the noble House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  18. unaffiliated senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  19. Red senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  20. Red senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  21. unaffiliated senator Christian of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  23. VACANT SEAT of the noble House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  24. Blue senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  25. White senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  26. unaffiliated senator Ioustinianos of the noble House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  27. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  28. Red senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  29. Blue senator Stephanos of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  30. unaffiliated senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces:
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 22 SENATORS as per Album Senatorium
  • that the required quorum is 11 SENATORS
  • that the required majority in voting on RESOLUTIONS and POLICIES is equal to at least 11 SENATORS (1/2 of total number of Senators)
  • that the required majority in voting on SENATUS CONSULTUA is equal to at least 15 SENATORS (2/3 of total number of Senators)

4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
GENERAL
  • You must follow the rules, especially those concerning writing in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC), or you risk getting banned from voting, current Session or in worst case the Senate.
  • Due to required majorities, you must cooperate with other Senators to successfully pass the bill you want to become a law. This includes argumentation, careful counting of the votes, convincing other players and making deals with them, but also manipulation, backstabbing, switching Factions and lying. You are role-playing a politician – behave like one.
POSTING IN-CHARACTER
  • Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
    Code:
    [b]Senator <name> (<Faction/unaffiliated>):[/b]
  • Example:
    Code:
    [b]Senator Exemplus Testus (White Demes):[/b]
  • Senators have to write in-character using italics. Everything not written in italic is considered being said out-of-character with all the consequences.
  • When speaking out-of-character during the Senate Session, Senators have to use double braces: {{example}}.
AMENDMENTS TO SENATUS CONSULTA
  • As it was decided by His Imperial Majesty, the Senate Factions are ALLOWED to propose provisions not included in the bills (amendments).
  • Faction Leaders propose amendments to the bills of His Imperial Majesty in the name of their Senate Factions after discussion within the Faction.
  • Each Senator who is a member of a Faction may propose amendments to the bills of His Imperial Majesty.
  • To put amendment proposed by member of a Faction to a vote by the Senate it must be supported by at least 5 other Senators.
  • Unaffiliated Senators can't propose provisions to the bills, they may however support them.
  • Amendments may be proposed after 48 hours have passed since the opening of the Senate Session, that is after 8:00 p.m. 2 May (Saturday).
  • The Imperial Senate votes only on: 1) bills of His Imperial Majesty 2) bills of His Imperial Majesty with valid Faction amendments.
POLICIES
  • Each Senator may propose Policies.
  • Rules concerning amendments apply accordingly.
GUESTS & HEARING
  • Guest of the Imperial Senate may issue statement shortly after opening of the Session.
  • Guest of the Imperial Senate may answer questions asked by Senators; he may not participate in a debate however.
  • Guest of the Imperial Senate while answering a question may use all data available to him considering his position in the imperial administration.
  • Questions to the Guest of the Imperial Senate have to concern matters debated during current Senate Session.
  • Every Senator has a right to answer a question, no matter his Faction affiliation or position.
  • Questions are asked using the following template:
    Code:
    [size+1][b]Question:[/b][/size]
  • Guest of the Imperial Senate has the right to ignore questions asked without using the aforementioned template or those he deems unimportant or badly thought out.

THE DEBATE BEGINS IN 1 HOUR
(DON'T POST IN-CHARACTER BEFORE 9:00 P.M. UTC+1)

Last edited:
As we lack leaders, does this mean we can't make put forward any amendments? Or will the Senator elected be able to propose amendments this Session?

Woops, sorry, I'm used to only our leaders being able to make amendments that I misunderstood that part.

{{Use brackets while writing out-of-character during the Senate Session please.

Attalus - this is just a typo, fixing right now.}}

{{Ugh, I'm so rusty. I though since the debate hadn't been opened yet I didn't need the brackets. My apologies.}}

Michael Komnenos, President of the Senate:

Michael Komnenos sat silently on ebony armchair placed on the lowest step of the dais surrounding the throne from which high imperial officials used to welcome foreign envoys in the days long gone. The throne itself was not visible, hidden beyond a heavy red curtain. As always, President of the Senate was dressed in white silk robes with paludamentum cloak, both decorated with simple gold embroider. On his chest at the front there was a tablion, a lozenge shaped coloured panel intricately embroidered with jewels, symbolizing his position as vestarches. Before him on a table made of heavy luxurious wood lied dozens of important documents, silver inkstand and ivory box for quills, all neatly ordered. With both hands on the table and his shoulders slightly hunched, Komnenos looked at the noble Senators with his tired eyes as they are taking their seats, his fingers tapping at the wooden table. Eunuchs of the Sacred Palace, hidden beyond the marble pillars in the aisles of Magnarua, are reading themselves to record every word during the Fourth Senate Session.

Finally, when every Senator took his place, he noded towards the members of the Imperial Senate Guard, who close the heavy doors to the Great Hall. Silence fills the room but only for a short while and soon ancient Magnaura was filled with loud and vibrant chatter of young Senators from every corner of the Imperiumm. For Michael Komnenos, who himself is 83 years old, this was a pleasant change after years spent in the Great Palace surrounded by bureaucrats with dreary voices and indifferent eyes. Among the Senators gathered in the Great Hall there were only few familiar faces: Alexandros de Bretagne, Junius Pylaeus, Ioustinianos Argyros. And - Michael smiled faintly - Christoforo Colombo. His father was lucky to die in the dungeon before being charged with heresy or else this seat would be now occupied by a different House. This unfortunate incident was still vivid in his memory despite the fact, surprised President of the Senate realized, that it happened 40 years ago. Truly time passes quickly in the service of the His Imperial Majesty, no matter which of the Angeloi sits on the Throne.

One of the eunuchs approached President of the Senate and whispered something to his ear. Michael Komnenos turned behind in his chair and glanced at the heavy curtains separating the throne from the rest of the Great Hall. With a loud sigh he waived his hand at the eunuch, who bowed and quietly returned to his place behind the columnade. Komnenos scratched his bald head, tapped his fingers on the table, sighed again and rose from his armchair. The door to Mangaura opened again as three eunuchs wearing ceremonial robes entered to the Great Haull slowly moving toward the President of the Senate. All Sentaros risen from their seats. The eunuch in the middle was holding in his hands the Fasces of the Imperial Senate. Almost as tall as the man carrying him, the sceptre consists of twelve ebony rods bound together by silver strans criss-crossed over the length of the pole. Atop is a single-headed axe on which sits an intricately cast solid golden aquila – the Imperial Two-Headed Eagle.

Having approached the President of the Senate, eunuchs bowed deeply and handed over the Fasces to him; they turn around and leave the Magnuara. The guardsmen closed the heavy doors to Magnaura again. Michael Komnenos stood in silence in the centre of the Great Haul for a moment. He raised the Fasces with great effort and hit the floor with its iron ending. Leaning on the Fasces, President of the Senate turned toward the Senators.

- The Fourth Senate Session has begun. Noble Senators, please take your seats. Today we shall discuss the matters of the utmost importance for the future of the Imperium Romanum. His Imperial Majesty, Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, decided to seek your counsel. Do not dissapoint His Imperial Majesty. As for our guest... – Michael Komnenos pauses – I was told that he will be late due to, hmm, business of the Imperial Council, yes. I'm sure His Excellency Megas Droungarios is going to, hmm, join us today. In the meantime please begin the debate – I'm sure many of you would like to acqauint themselves with fellow Senators.

With help of two eunuchs, Markos Komnenos turned away and slowly returned to his armchair.

Last edited:
Senator Titos Livios Melissenos (the Blues):

*Titos Livios, while already in his mid fifties, still shows the energy of a much younger man, as he enters the halls of the senate. His step is quick and his eyes are wandering over the benches, that last were used in the times of his grandfather Lazaros. It used to be ironic: His mother Aelia moved heaven and hell to gain the senatorial seat for him, even recruiting the help of senator Salamis and even arranging a political marriage with his house. All so Titos had a better chance of gaining the rule over Athens from his uncle Kyros. And then? The Senate laid dormant and so there had never arisen a chance to gain the necessary political power. Titos had made his peace with this fact long ago and throw himself into other businesses, mainly financial in nature, with the help of his beloved wife.
And now the emperor has called the Senate and Titos wasn't sure, what he should think about that. Nonetheless he was eager to prove his worth. As it is time for him to speak, he rises from his seat.*

Honoured president of the Senate, fellow Senators. It's an... unexpected privilege to be here on this day to serve the Empire in this function. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Titos Livios, representative and member of the House Melissenos.

*Already from his first words, spoken with slight hesitation, it is clear, that Titos is a man who prefers a private conversation over public speaking. Nonetheless he continues and his voice can be heard even on the farest seats.*

Before I get to the maters at hand, please let me say that I feel hornoured to serve this senate together with so many illustrious, hornourable and pious men, many able to claim much more titles for them self and are much more important than I am. Still, I would be a poor man to brake with tradition and so I would like to follow the lead of my grandfather and invite you all to a banked in the halls of my families mansion after our session is over so we get to know each other better outside the political arena and show, that, tho we might be political enemies here, we don't have to be personal enemies outside this halls.

Now, as I have strained your patience, on the matter at hand: I don't want to add to the discussion on the naval matters quite yet, since this is an area I'm not that experienced and I would like to here your words and the ones of our esteemed guest to it first.
On the expedition in the eastern seas, my answer is clear: Such an expedition is deeply necessary. It's an old cliche, that knowledge is power, but that doesn’t make it less true and measured on the expenses of the empire the expenses for this expedition would be minuscule. I'm sure, many of our houses would be able to finance an venture like this on our own or would gladly take part in the financing. So there is really no reason not to do it.
Now, concerning the matter of this place called Ceylon, the matters are much more complicate. I see several point speaking for it: It would allow the empire to gain a presence in the region and also a place from which further expeditions – like the one we discuss on this very day – can start. Although it might be added that this could also be done by negotiating for the use of ports. Still, other points are, that we might gain further knowledge on the region, its inhabitants and its customs from the locals as well as goods of which might some never have been seen in Constantinople.
But I will also not conceal the point I think should be of the biggest concern: From our limited knowledge of the region, we don't know if we might not enrage some realm, which sees this Ceylon as part of it's sphere of influence. We have already many strong enemies at our borders – Xenoi, Pisans, the Hords – we shouldn't start to create new ones abroad.

*He stops himself and looks along the ranks of the senators.*

It seems to me, that I have already spoken to long, so I will now be silent for a moment and listen to what you have to say. There are more matters at hand still and I will probably say enough to them for you to want to strangle me, but let's delay that a bit.

*He smiles and bows lightly, before taking his seat again and drinking a huge mouthful of wine.*

Senator Marcus Arrius (the Blues):

*Marcus Arrius stands, gaining the other Senators' attention. His eyes shine, eager to begin his first and possibly last Session. He had not thought he would have waited so long since his father passed, but he will gladly take any opportunity he can.*

My fellow senators! It has been a long time since the Senate has been called to offer advice. To the returning Senators, let me say I am honored to be here with you. To the others... let us hope we can live up to our predecessors.

We have much to discuss, but some matters are easier to answer than others. Unlike the other matters we are here to advice on that may lead to debates, the policy put forward by the Augustus is surely something we can all agree is for the good of the Imperium. Can we all agree on this matter, so we don't waste any precious time?

{{Edit: included my faction because I'm on a role with missing obvious things I need to include}}

Last edited:
Senator Marcus Arrius:

*Marcus Arrius stands, gaining the other Senators' attention. His eyes shine, eager to begin his first and possibly last Session. He had not thought he would have waited so long since his father passed, but he will gladly take any opportunity he can.*

My fellow senators! It has been a long time since the Senate has been called to offer advice. To the returning Senators, let me say I am honored to be here with you. To the others... let us hope we can live up to our predecessors.

We have much to discuss, but some matters are easier to answer than others. Unlike the other matters we are here to advice on that may lead to debates, the policy put forward by the Augustus is surely something we can all agree is for the good of the Imperium. Can we all agree on this matter, so we don't waste any precious time?
{{Ahem.

POSTING IN-CHARACTER
  • Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
    Code:
    [b]Senator <name> (<Faction/unaffiliated>):[/b]
  • Example:
    Code:
    [b]Senator Exemplus Testus (White Demes):[/b]
  • Senators have to write in-character using italics. Everything not written in italic is considered being said out-of-character with all the consequences.
  • When speaking out-of-character during the Senate Session, Senators have to use double braces: {{example}}.

Please follow the rules :) }]

Senator Aetius Scipion (the Reds):

My dear senators, my name is Aetius Scipion, grandson of Michael Scipion who also served in this senate during the reign of our blessed emperor Markos III, God have him in his Glory. As my father before and his father before him, I served in our glorious legions to our Sacred Emperor during the campaigns against the Germans and the Horde. I have risked my life for the Empire and killed for the Empire, as most of my family has done during centuries on the defense of the faith and under the command of the Angelois.

I celebrate to be here again, in the Queen of cities where I lived and studied not many years ago, to keep serving the Empire with all my being.

I have seen many good Romans die in the battlefield during this years and I know that each one of them is happy of consecrate his life for the Empire and that is why I am going to use hard words to describe a hard reality: our navy has failed us. They had the Holy mission of defend the Mare Nostrum against the Xenoi and they have failed miserably. I do not pretend to insult our seamen or droungarios of the fleet. Nothing near my intentions. I just want to point out what evidence has let clear: our navy is not, currently, able to engage succesfully with Xenoi huge vessels. We need to improve our navy and our tactics if we want to have any chance the next time we go to war against the heathens, as I expect it will happen. And this is the reason why I want to show my public support for the Emperor´s initiative of look for improvements in our ships (Maritime ideas).

But at the same time I want to remember that it was the Army who defeated the Xenoi. It was the Army who defeated the Germans. It was the Army who defeated the Horde. And it is the Army who protects us and impose our Emperor´s will through those dark lands still on the hands of heresy and far from our Lord´s light. And this is why I want to propose an ammendment to our Emperor´s initiative to give special provisions for the Megas Droungarios and instead assure more power to our legions so they can keep assuring the liberation of the world from this beasts called Xenoi (Military focus).

On the subject of the Hindustan and that island called Ceyland, I think that we must keep exploring the area and studying whatever is there. That island sounds promising as naval base to support our advances on the area and reduce the risk and cost of this project, so I assure you that it will have mine and my family support.

About the mad king of Aquitaine, I ask you to pray for his soul. It is obvious the devil has taken him or there cannot be another explanation for this betrayal. We must depose and burn him to purify his soul while our Emperor takes a more direct leadership on the realm so the souls of his subjects won´t be condemn to Hell as probably will happen with their king´s.

Xenoi delenda est

**In an aside with the red demes members:

My dear friends, I have been informed by my old friends in the Army that, with adequate support and leadership, of course, in the Senate, they could improve the performance of our legions. It seems that if we invest some money on literary works, the general populace will be more inclined to endure the harshness of war; by other way, there are some Italian engineers who claimed to be able to improve our logistics with a more careful investigation on our suppliers. Finally, and I must admit that this was what really attracted my attention, was my cousin suggestion to invest in a careful care of horse´s purebred lines so we can improve the effectivity of our cavalry. I would like to listen to your opinion but I just say that I love equitation, if you know what I mean... ;)

Senator Maximos Wedrovander (Red Demes):

*Maximos stands his face is grim*

The addresses that I have heard thusly only advance my concerns that this body doesn't understand the exactness of the problems we face. We are in serious debt and we speak of expanding the incompetence of our navy? We speak of creating an alliance with a state not of our glorious religion and burn down one that is? And how can we speak so gently of our failures to get back the lands that were once our kindred and blood? There is no solution on the table that can take care of these problems. We should honestly be able to evaluate the situation from the Megas Droungarios before we speak so jovially about how everything is so "good".

*Maximos heads back to the knot of senators that are the reds*

I actually suggest that the possibilities that be so intriguing to be postponed slightly. In favor of organizing ourselves for the upcoming fight with the blues. My question is though who could be the best candidate for us to lead us? We don't really have someone with any prior experience whose family isn't under a lot of suspicion. Or who has any amount of power outside the senate.

Senator Marcus Arrius (the Blues):

Senator Scipion, I am glad to see that at least one member of the Red Demes agrees that we must improve our navy. While I am sure there are those in the three Factions and those who remain unaffiliated that may wish to argue otherwise, I believe the Imperium must have a powerful navy to combat the Xenoi.

While I understand your logic on granting provisions to the Megas Droungarios, I would like to hear from some of my fellow Blue Demes before agreeing. Of course, if we could reach an agreement, I see no reason not to work with the Red Demes.

As for the resolution concerning Africa and Hindustan, I find it preposterous to even consider not organizing a second expedition. We must learn more of the unknown regions of the world, both in the search of potential allies, not to mention resources, but also to remain vigilante against potential unknown enemies. Europe was not prepared for the Xenoi hundreds of years ago. I do not wish for history to repeat.

*Marcus turns to face Senator Wedrovander. His eyes narrow in annoyance.*
Senator Wedrovander, granting protection to Ceylon would strengthen the Imperium and show the natives the mercy of our God. I do not agree with the fanatics of the White Demes, but spreading the teachings of our God is a good thing. If we ignore them, the Xenoi or the Horde could destroy them. As for Aquitaine... Do not defend those fools. They turned their back on our God the day they insulted the Augustus and all of the Imperium. I would happily let them be destroyed by the Xenoi. However, the Augustus is kinder than I. If he wishes to allow them to exist under our protection, then who am I to disagree?

Senator Petrus Taurinus: (The Reds)

*Exarch Petrus Taurinus sits in his family's traditional spot, he notices how empty the hall seems of senators, but gains satisfaction noticing that the Blue's are markedly fewer in numbers.
The last Taurinus senator, Aeneas, had been fiscially successful, but was considered too sympathetic to the Blues for his family. Petrus on the other hand is markedly more traditonal of a Taurinus, solidly Red. He is recently returned from the war against the Horde and is eager to limit the damage the Blues might do to the Empire.
On his first opportunity he rises to speak for the first time in years, eager to make up for his timid and unimportant predecessor.*

I am honored to stand among so many noble and true Romans *he looks at his fellow Reds* and I hope that I will be able to provide some wisdom from my service to the Imperium.

On the subject of the Imperial expeditions and vasalization of this distant land, I say this. The Imperium has already invested a great deal of time and money into the exploration for new lands, and we should attempt to vassalize this land so that such efforts do not go to waste, However, further explorations can not help but to interfere with the Empire's war effort at this time, so I propose that we postpone future expeditions until such a time as the Empire's needs allow.
As for the Empire's reform of the Imperial navy, I think we can all agree the recent wars have shown that the Imperial navy's first duty must be to support the Imperial army on campaign and transporting it to troubled regions.
instead of this, our admirals have seen fit to send fleet after fleet against the barbarians at the Pillars of Hercules, apparently in the hope that if we sink enough of our own vessels there that maybe we will make it impassable to the barbarians with some "wall of wood".

Gentlemen, we need no wooden walls to defend the Empire, walls that are so easily set alight and scattered, we have a wall of Faith, a wall of Iron, to defend the Empire, and these walls are what we must support.
It is the Imperial army that conquerors cities, liberates lost lands, and it is the Imperial army that we must support so that we can drive the invaders back into the seas they love so much.
The first step in our land war must be to remove the Mad King of Aquitaine from power over his realm and bring his realm of good and noble people back into the Imperium's fold.
The time to act for the good of the Imperium is now!

*Addressing his fellow Reds at their bench*

We must stand firm my friends, if we don't stop the Blues they may likely bankrupt the Imperium on their mad dreams of ineffective fleets and finding distant lands.

Senator Titos Livios Melissenos (the Blues):

*From his place, Titos is listening to the other speakers and watching the conversation of the reds. Of course he can't hear them and so wonders, what they are talking about. Probably organizing themselves as military men tend to do, always demanding order. And he can't really blame them for that, on the contrary.
He is also taking a look over to the lone white senator. Does he feel uncomfortable? What can he do by himself but join an alliance with one of the other Demes? Or can he rally enough of the unaffiliated behind him to still become a power?
And what about his “own” people, the Blues. He had taken his place in their midds because his grandfather had done so a long time ago, and while pious, Titos himself is a businessman first. But what about the other blues? Will it be worth to hang together with them or would it be better to find different allies?
Titos leans back in his place and waits for the next speaker to rise.*