• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was a long read :p
With a delay- an amazing chapter, like always!
Is it just me, or the new Emperor is very progressive and much less fanatical? He supported Pisa and Caledonia in a war, traded slaves for money and weapons with Pisa, gave gold to Lithuania.
Also, the ledger is interesting- it seems like there is not huge Empire in the East or the West, we don't see any blacked out nation among the top nations in the ledgers.
The next Senate session will be interesting :)
Oh, and I don't think that the Senators who survived will be the elders by far. The gap between sessions forced our next Senators to be old, I had to change things so that my next Senator was born when his father was 38 years old. My next Senator is still 64 years old. If I wouldn't make this change, my next Senator would die very quickly.

Last edited:
Also, the ledger is interesting- it seems like there is not huge Empire in the East or the West, we don't see any blacked out nation among the top nations in the ledgers.

Iirc the ledger only shows nations that you have discovered. If the Imperium does not know about Hinduming, it is not displayed in the ledger. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Iirc the ledger only shows nations that you have discovered. If the Imperium does not know about Hinduming, it is not displayed in the ledger. Correct me if I am wrong please.

hinduming? please, obviously it's either super ryukyu, the grandfather of the horde as mega mogolia, or the minghals.

awaits trollface emperor in czoklet's reply

hinduming? please, obviously it's either super ryukyu, the grandfather of the horde as mega mogolia, or the minghals.

awaits trollface emperor in czoklet's reply

Hinduming? Mega Ryukyu? Minghals? Hah! Those are mere pretenders. The real enemy lies in the south...

The Antartican Penguin Empire will came for our heads! Repent now, oh dirty heathens, because in the land of the eternal day and night the power of the Supreme Emperor Penguin is growing, and no one, not even the Xenoi and their mighty fleet will be able to contain them!

Edit: Please, click on the image to know more details about this great nation. (?)

Reactions:
DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #11

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Diaver Kastelos (played by: Leandor) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  • senator Maximos Wedrovander (played by: Kingjerkera) who JOINED the Red Demes
  • senator Antiochos Salamis (played by: ParrotGuy) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  • senator Leon Cortez (played by: zqfrmb) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  • senator Alexios Serapis (played by: Serpent) who JOINED the White Demes
  • senator Pau de Mallorca (played by: tunapirate) who JOINED the Red Demes
2) that therefore as of now the Imperial Senate consists of the following delegates of the noble Houses:
  1. Blue senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. unaffiliated senator Junius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. Blue senator Diaver of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. Blue senator Titos Livios of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. VACANT SEAT of the noble House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  6. Red senator Maximos of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. Blue senator Antiochos of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. Red senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. VACANT SEAT of the noble House MOUSTAKAS (played by: Andre Massena)
  10. VACANT SEAT of the noble House TSOUKALOS (played by: Halocon720)
  11. Red senator Alexandros of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. Blue senator Leon of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. VACANT SEAT of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. unaffiliated senator Christoforo of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. Red senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. VACANT SEAT of the noble House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  17. VACANT SEAT of the noble House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  18. unaffiliated senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  19. Red senator Iskinder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  20. Red senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  21. VACANT SEAT of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  23. VACANT SEAT of the noble House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  24. Blue senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  25. White senator Alexios of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  26. unaffiliated senator Ioustinianos of the noble House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  27. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  28. Red senator Pau of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  29. VACANT SEAT of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  30. unaffiliated senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
3) that therefore currently no new Houses may join the Imperial Senate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

We have 19/30 Senators now :) Fourth Senate announcement and special update coming soon.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but at the current count, the Reds have a majority right now....

The time has come Reds, forward!!!

An there is only one white until now!

It would be fitting that once the Blue Demes have the most influence, we lose the majority we've had since the beginning. Still, there are eleven more Senators we're waiting to hear from. Things could change.

You guys need to chill a bit and bask in the unaffiliated greatness that is going to enter the Senate during the session.

The unaffiliated are important, but they can't get anything done on their own. They can't amend anything on the ballots. Being a part of a Faction does mean needing to appease to the unaffiliated, but it also means I have Senators that will side with me (assuming we've learned anything since last time....).

I was considering a coup of a white supporting family member against Anastasios' son but decided that I have to be there when the Blues finaly win.
Althrough as may notice from my Senator's bio when it will be added, there's an epic conflict brewing in my house which is why the bio of my next few Senators is going to be quite long.
And I find the lack of Blues worriying, after we finaly get the Emperor's favor- hopefuly Drucchi, Eliaspays and maby some others will return with Blue Senators of Hvide and Eliasian.

The unaffiliated are important, but they can't get anything done on their own. They can't amend anything on the ballots. Being a part of a Faction does mean needing to appease to the unaffiliated, but it also means I have Senators that will side with me (assuming we've learned anything since last time....).

Most certainly. If the demes show signs of actually working together, I might even consider joining one some day.

CzokletMuss, have you edited the surnames file in the culture names file so our House names could, randomly, appear in the game?

If not, what do you think about this idea?

This is the official soundtrack of the senate:

Well said. The unaffiliated will be the real deciders of power in the senate.

That's the spirit. I guess the demes will be too busy with their petty squabbles, so it is up to us to advise the Basileos! It shouldn't be too hard to trick one of them into proposing what we wish for.

@Leandor and @Attalus: Let's meet on the field of honour backstabbing and treachery, we shall see how it'll go for all of us.

FOURTH SENATE SESSION - ANNOUNCEMENT

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, in his wisdom decided to
CALL THE FOURTH SENATE SESSION

to seek counsel of the noble Senators who guided by the Holy Spirit are going to debate and vote on the following matters:

SENATUS CONSULTA

• (1) Reform of the Imperial Navy and new legislation (Third Idea Group)

His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Basileios III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:

”Restauratio Classis Romanorum” Act

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That the Imperial Navy despite the best efforts of its brave droungaroi and sailors continues to suffer heavy losses whenever it faces warships from the Far West and that it has to be strengthened to truly become a wooden wall separating the Faithful from the abhorrent and soulless Westerners.
2. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty in this holy endeavor completely.
3. That therefore all Senators agree that above all else the Reform of the Imperial Navy (Maritime Ideas) has to be undertaken in order to secure prosperity and continue stability of the Imperium.

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 7028 Anno Mundi and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill.

• (2) Special powers for the Megas Droungarios (National Focus)
His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Basileios III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:

”Reformatio de Classis Romanorum” Act

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That in order to strengthen the Imperial Navy, it has to be reformed in such a way that would ensure that the Mediterranean Sea is free from the presence of Heathens, Heretics and Soulless Xenoi at all time and that in case of War the imperial dromonoi would destroy the Enemy.
2. That to achieve this goal temporary supervisory powers have to be granted to Megas Droungarios so that all of the Droungaroi and Sailors of the Navy as well as the Logothetoi responsible for the naval supply system and Strategoi responsible for recruitment of the Seamen are controlled under his scrutiny.
3. That the new thema nautikon should be created in thema of Socotra as a new base for operations of the Imperial Navy in the Eastern Seas.
4. That therefore all Senators agree that the Reform of the Imperial Navy (Diplomatic Focus) is of the utmost importance for the prosperity and stability of the Imperium.

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 7028 Anno Mundi and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill.

RESOLUTIONS

• (3) Expedition – Africa, Hindustan Eastern Seas (within colonial range)

His Imperial Majesty decided to ask the Imperial Senate for counsel in the following matter:

Shall We organize the second expedition to provide a more accurate description of coast of Africa and Hindustan as well as Eastern Seas?

In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senators to issue statements which are not directly related to this matter.

• (4) Diplomatic mission – Ceylon (attempt to vassalize)
His Imperial Majesty decided to ask the Imperial Senate for counsel in the following matter:

Shall We send imperial emissaries to Ceylon to take it under Our protection?

In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senators to issue statements which are not directly related to this matter.

• (5) Terms of peace – Aquitaine (annexation)

Shall We take the good Christians of Kingdom of Aquitaine under Our protection?

POLICIES
  • Provincial Taxation System – Eastern Ocean (within supply range)
We have established a permanent provincial taxation system that will optimize gains for the treasury.
Requirements:
  • Administrative Ideas
  • Quantity Ideas
Effects:
  • -10% land maintenance modifier
  • +10% manpower recovery speed
Cost:
  • -1 MIL/month for at least 10 years (at least 120 MIL)
SENATE FACTIONS

• Faction modifiers – Blue Demes
We have established a permanent provincial taxation system that will optimize gains for the treasury.
Current modifiers:
  • -5% idea cost
  • +1 diplomatic relations
  • +1 merchant
  • -5% land morale
  • -2% missionary strength
  • -1.0 yearly army tradition
  • +20% global ship cost
New modifiers (automatic):
  • -10% national manpower recovery speed
  • +30% global ship cost
New modifiers (Faction members choose one):
  • +1 colonist
  • +25% privateer efficiency
  • +5% trade efficiency

• Faction modifiers – Red Demes
Current modifiers:
  • +0.5 yearly army tradition
  • +5% land morale
  • +1 leader without upkeep
  • +0.05 monthly local autonomy
  • -1 diplomatic relations
  • -1.0 yearly navy tradition
  • +20% global regiment cost
  • -2 diplomatic reputation
  • +30% global regiment cost
  • -5% land attrition
  • -0.01 monthly war exhaustion
  • +5% cavalry combat ability

• Faction modifiers – White Demes
Current modifiers:
  • -0.05 monthly local autonomy
  • +1% missionary strength
  • +1 advisor pool
  • -0.5 yearly army tradition
  • +5% idea cost
  • +0.025 monthly war exhaustion
  • +20% global advisor cost
  • -25% colonial range
  • +30% global advisor cost
  • -5% coring cost
  • -10% diplomatic annexation cost
  • +5% national tax
GUESTS OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, on the order of the Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom hereby announces that

• His Excellency Javier Espinosa, Megas Droungarios of the Imperium Romanum and Megas Doux of the Imperial Navy
has been invited for the Fourth Senate Session as a guest of the Imperial Senate, so that the noble Senators may ask His Excellency questions concerning matters discussed during the Session as per article 20 of the rules of procedure.

SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME = UTC+1)

• Opening of the Session – 8:00 p.m. 30 April (Thursday)
  • DEBATE (4 DAYS) - 9:00 p.m. 30 April – 9:00 p.m. 4 May
  • Opening of the voting - 9:00 p.m. 4 May (Monday)
  • VOTING (1 DAY) - 9:00 p.m. 4 May – 9:00 p.m. 5 May
  • Closing of the Session- 9:00 p.m. 5 May (Tuesday)

aGef78n.jpg

Letter to noble Senators from President of the Imperial Senate

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti,

His Imperial Majesty, the Sacred Emperor Basileios III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, in his great wisdom ordered me, his humble servant, to make sure that all of the noble Senators will read the secret report of Scrinium Barbarorum concerning expedition of droungarios Iebediah Kermanos before the session of the Imperial Senate.

Therefore I order you to come to the Great Palace as soon as you arrive in Konstantinoupolis to ascertain the contents of the report and thus fulfill the will of the blessed Autokrator.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

This Session I introduce a new way of interaction for you, dear players – Policies. Unlike resolution or senatus consultum, Policies are not proposed by the Emperor but by the Senate. This means that I'm leaving Policies entirely to the Senators. Each Senate Session there will be a chance to enact new Policies and revoke old ones, which is especially important since I'm not going to revoke them manually. In the future with more Idea Groups there will be more Policies and the Senate will have even greater influence on the campaign.

The special update dedicated to expedition of Iebediah Kermanos will be released before the Session begins. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: