• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To fit the setting though it needs to have maluses associated with it though.
I'd say that choosing greek fire will give +2 or +3 fire to admirals (it's greek fire not some useless thing) but also +100% cost for galleys (or an overall 50% for all navy) and -10% navy morale to represent both the heavy cost of introducing it and also the fear of it going wild amongst the Imperial fleet.

I wonder what increasing Roga would do. From what I've seen on wikipedia it was a gift given during Easter to high dignitaries. Reduced cost of stability maybe ?

To fit the setting though it needs to have maluses associated with it though.
I'd say that choosing greek fire will give +2 or +3 fire to admirals (it's greek fire not some useless thing) but also +100% cost for galleys (or an overall 50% for all navy) and -10% navy morale to represent both the heavy cost of introducing it and also the fear of it going wild amongst the Imperial fleet.

I wonder what increasing Roga would do. From what I've seen on wikipedia it was a gift given during Easter to high dignitaries. Reduced cost of stability maybe ?
Actually roga means something sligthly different:
roga (ῥόγα) - cash salary, esp. remunerations paid to members of the armed forces and civil service
Source: http://oxfordindex.oup.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780195046526.013.4711

As for the Greek fire - this will be discussed in detail during the Senate Session :)

One could even use greek fire to introduce artillery into the imperial army. Just give them more shock than fire pips to represent the use as a close combat support weapon, rather that traditional long range artillery.

One could even use greek fire to introduce artillery into the imperial army. Just give them more shock than fire pips to represent the use as a close combat support weapon, rather that traditional long range artillery.

Why not give it to the infantry too ? :p

DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #10

bXfsLO5.jpg

ALBUM SENATORIUM
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  1. senator Alexandros Raoul (played by: Attalus) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  2. senator Titos Livios Melissenos (played by: McGrey) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  3. senator Petrus Taurinus (played by: Ponce_The_Great) who JOINED the Red Demes
  4. senator Aetius Scipion (played by: varetta) who JOINED the Red Demes
  5. senator Iskander Ouranos (played by: Blogman66) who REMAINS UNAFILLIATED
  6. senator Iskinder Godric (played by: Malal) who JOINED the Red Demes
  7. senator Marios Batavos (played by: LordSolar) who JOINED the Red Demes
  8. senator Marcus Arrius (played by: TheAnguishedOne) who JOINED the Blue Demes
  9. senator Mahdi ibn Tarik Rashid (played by: BanishTheSpleen) who REMAINS UNAFILLIATED
2) that therefore as of now the Imperial Senate consists of the following delegates of the noble Houses:

1. Blue senator Alexandros of the noble House RAOUL (played by: Attalus)
  2. unaffiliated senator Junius of the noble House PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
  3. VACANT SEAT of the noble House KASTELOS (played by: Leandor)
  4. Blue senator Titos Livios of the noble House MELISSENOS (played by: McGrey)
  5. VACANT SEAT of the noble House RHADENOS (played by: viola)
  6. VACANT SEAT of the noble House WEDROVANDER (played by: Kingjerkera)
  7. VACANT SEAT of the noble House SALAMIS (played by: ParrotGuy)
  8. Red senator Petrus of the noble House TAURINUS (played by: Ponce_The_Great)
  9. VACANT SEAT of the noble House MOUSTAKAS (played by: Andre Massena)
  10. VACANT SEAT of the noble House TSOUKALOS (played by: Halocon720)
  11. Red senator Alexandros of the noble House DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
  12. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CORTEZ (played by: zqfrmb)
  13. VACANT SEAT of the noble House D'ESTE-RAVENNA (played by: Undead Martyr)
  14. unaffiliated senator Christoforo of the noble House COLOMBO (played by:luciusmalfoy012)
  15. Red senator Aetius of the noble House SCIPION (played by: varetta)
  16. VACANT SEAT of the noble House JALIUS (played by: alamking)
  17. VACANT SEAT of the noble House PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
  18. unaffiliated senator Iskander of the noble House OURANOS (played by: Blogman66)
  19. Red senator Isknder of the noble House GODRIC (played by: Malal)
  20. Red senator Marios of the noble House BATAVOS (played by: LordSolar)
  21. VACANT SEAT of the noble House HVIDE (played by: Drucchi)
  22. VACANT SEAT of the noble House CHRYSOS (played by: Mighty Imhotep)
  23. VACANT SEAT of the noble House ELIASIAN (played by: eliaspays)
  24. Blue senator Marcus of the noble House ARRIUS (played by: TheAnguishedOne)
  25. VACANT SEAT of the noble House SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
  26. unaffiliated senator Ioustinianos of the noble House ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian)
  27. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
  28. VACANT SEAT of the noble House DE MALLORCA (played by: tunapirate)
  29. VACANT SEAT of the noble House VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  30. unaffiliated senator Mahdi ibn Tarek of the noble House RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
3) that therefore currently no new Houses may join the Imperial Senate.

aGef78n.jpg

FACTION EVENTS (1500-1520)
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby reminds the noble Senators of the following events concerning Senate Factions:

h3sM3Wc.jpg

5f2PiKK.jpg

W8ali6n.jpg

LdVZnuS.jpg

8xPjCQQ.jpg

lfOm8zG.jpg

mHOzw29.jpg

fnH6M4H.jpg

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

As you know, my plan for the next week or sow was as follows:
  • starting this wekeend there will be Meetings for all three Factions, each lasting 2 days during which new Faction Leader and new Faction Bonus will be chosen; we shall start with Blue Demes because so far it was the most numerous one
  • on next Thursday/Friday the Fourth Senate Session shall begin; it will last for 3-4 days including 24 hours for voting
  • in the meantime expect „State of the World (1520)” update and another special update
  • after the Senate Session I will play for the next 20 years or so after which I will start writing the next chapter

But seeing that we still have less than half of the seats in the Senate occupied (13/30 Senators so far), I think that we should try something different. Instead of making 3 separate Faction Meetings starting tomorrow (which would push the Senate Session for the next week), I say we just start the Session on Thursday and end it on Monday – you'll choose your Faction Leaders and bonuses during the Session. OR we may try to go through this one Session without Faction Leaders at all, since the last time they didn't really influence their own Factions. I should have more time than usual during the next 2 weeks, so if things go the way I described above there could be a new chapter released between 7-10 May.

What do you think about this?

P.S. If there are any typos in Album Senatorium, please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ah, it's so nice seeing the Blue Demes having the most influence. Furthermore, those events show more of the hard work you've put in for the Factions.

Given how empty the Senate is at the moment, I agree with the idea of skipping the Faction Meetings and moving immediately to the Senate Session; while we did discuss the benefits of having the Faction Meeting first, that will have to wait until the Senate is back at full power. However, I would like the opportunity to elect the Faction Leaders, given how we are now all aware how weak we can be divided (and I was nearly made leader in the past...). Voting for the Faction Leader could be on the ballot.

I'm going to get an aneurysm from all this inflation.

I also feel massively spoiled and bloated from all these updates in a row. I hadn't realized I'd been so deprived. Can't wait for the session, and I agree that faction meetings are silly to have right now.

I agree with your plan. It has been a long time since last senate session so it would probably be interesting to play as if the senators do not know one another. They have not met in all their lifes, most of them...

Alrigth, it seems that we will start the Session on Thursday then, in which case on Wednesday (or ealier) I should release the next special update :)
I'm going to get an aneurysm from all this inflation.

I also feel massively spoiled and bloated from all these updates in a row. I hadn't realized I'd been so deprived. Can't wait for the session, and I agree that faction meetings are silly to have right now.
After 2 months I can see how this can be overwhelming :p Glad to see you active in the thread - do you know that Christoforo is the oldest senator right now?

Rpz920F.jpg

And now for something completely different: I've been experimenting with "Crusader Kings II" lately and guess what, my old ironman save from "This Is Madness" is working with some of the new DLCs (by new I mean those released after "Rajas of India")! So I was thinking about uploading the save file with instructions which DLC to use so that you can play for a few years (the save is from 11 November 1444 which gives 9 more years until the game is over).

Anyone interested? ;)

A few years in this mad world would be amazing. I'd love to see if I can keep the Imperium alive for nearly a decade. It'll only build more hype for the eventual release of the EU4 mod.

Edit: This would also be a good use for the Imperium Sine Fine subreddit. If you do release this, I'm sure people will want to share how they did and what happened in their games.

Last edited:
It's almost wrong that my senator is the oldest, he was supposed to be totally unlike his father. Oh well, I guess this gives me a lot of opportunity for story. Are we making the assumption that our senators have been members for a while, or that they have only recently been seated?

I can imagine the achievement now "Ludicrous Speed!" liberate Europe of the Aztec menace in 9 years or less

From what i understood the past decades have seen the Senate not assembled, the emperor ruling on his own without the wise advices of the aristoi :p
That's correct. As I said in November I think (I know, I know :p), I role-play every Emperor - each ruler has a different personality, goals and methods of achieving said goals. His Imperial Majesty Markos III Angelos de facto created the Imperial Senate anew and it was an important tool for him, so the sessions were called frequently. Belisarios Angelos was less of a diplomat and more of a war hawk. Basileios II didn't really have time to show his personality - he became an Emperor at a very old age and he didn't really make any big decisions. As for Basileios III Angelos... well, you read the last update, you tell me ;)

Also, before I go to sleep one last thing - you will be choosing your Faction bonuses during the Senate Session. Right now they look like this:
Code:
# RED DEMES
ki_nobles =
{
   monarch_power = MIL

modifier =
   {
     #Good
     army_tradition = 0.5
     land_morale = 0.05
     free_leader_pool = 1

#Bad
     global_autonomy = 0.05
     diplomatic_upkeep = -1
     navy_tradition = -1

#Cost
     global_regiment_cost = 0.20
   }
}
# WHITE DEMES
ki_clergy =
{
   monarch_power = ADM

modifier =
   {
     #Good
     global_autonomy = -0.05
     global_missionary_strength = 0.01
     advisor_pool = 1

#Bad
     army_tradition = -0.5
     idea_cost = 0.05
     war_exhaustion = 0.025

#Cost
     advisor_cost = 0.20
   }
}
# BLUE DEMES
ki_peasants =
{
   monarch_power = DIP

modifier =
   {
     #Good
     idea_cost = -0.05
     diplomatic_upkeep = 1
     merchants = 1

#Bad
     land_morale = -0.05
     global_missionary_strength = -0.02
     army_tradition = -1

#Cost
     global_ship_cost = 0.20
   }
}

So far I've prepared new modifiers for Blue Demes:

MALUSES (automatic):
  • -10% national manpower recovery
  • +30% global ship cost
BONUSES (Faction members choose one)
  • +1 colonist
  • +20% privateer efficiency
  • -10% accepted culture threshold
I would like to point out that since we've completed two whole Idea Groups we have access to the first policy: Provincial Taxation System.

Last edited:
I expect much of his heir personally. Claudius would be a real change from Greek names and moreover his reign could really be insane :p

Oh that policy could be more than useful considering the finances and also the manpower problems of the Imperium and I think it would be worth the -1 in military for 20years

On Blue choices, I think that +1 colonist is too strong compared to the others that can't be honestly chosen right now. I'd ajust the privateers to 30 or even 40% and the accepted culture threshold to 15 or even 20 % to be meaningful. Because right now I don't see anyone choosing either of them when you can have a free colonist :p

just a friendly reminder to the blue demes, if i remember correctly, eventually we can get free culture conversion as our ambition OR if we get that modifer which require us to hold the capitals of the old european kingdoms, so that accepted culture bonus may not be that handy. And we DO have access to the indian ocean islands, which are great launching points in to india and serica.

I agree with attalus on the culture threshold, the imperium isn't in the business of accepting cultures, unless we're on the verge of losing italian, but even then its impact would be minor and eventually nonexistent if all it does is prolong the acceptance of a culture until RNIesus Gristos or a senate meeting makes that benefit disappear. As for privateering? Well, a good deal of our costs could be recouped from the genoa node... we are, after all, in debt. The provincial tax system looks too good to pass up, however, even at a disadvantage in military tech, manpower will save us mercenaries, thus money, and the reduced upkeep alone wold probably shave a century off the time it'll take to pay off our debts (assuming we don't get a financial collapse, which could totally happen and compound our situation).