• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can live with delays, as the wait has been worth it in the past. Who knows, if we wait long enough maybe this will continue into HOI4.

Yes, I mean for this to consume all of our lives.

Reactions:
Damn you, Supreme Paradoxians! The hand of the false bishop of Rome is, indeed, behind this unfair and satanical rule! A call to arms, my christian brothers. Its time to turn on fire the headquarters of Paradox Studios, and then they will finally meet with the light of Iesus Kristos!

... I'm sorry, I really miss the Senate.

You're lucky you got to experience the senate, I created my house and got my confirmation in the middle of the last session so I've been waiting all this time :(

You're lucky you got to experience the senate, I created my house and got my confirmation in the middle of the last session so I've been waiting all this time :(

Don't worry. Soon your senator will be joining and spitting the floor of Magnaura.

keep-calm-and-praise-saint-markos_zpsxciij4lv.png

That's the spirit! This magnificent commemoration of Saint Markos will long be remembered in the Halls of Glory!
note to myself: built Halls of Glory in the Great Palace

Reactions:
How's El Dorado integration going?
It's basically done, the only thing which is missing is Religious Reform interface - that is, I can easily change (for instance) "aztec_reformed" religion from old exported save to "nahuatl" but the interface just doesn't show up, which for some reason prevents me and AI alike from enacting said reforms. If I can fix this, the conversion to "El Dorado" will be completed :)

Reactions:
Correct me if im wrong, but i think the reason the reform interface isnt showing up is due to the high american tech group. i think paradox made it so that only nations that start off in andean and meso american tech groups can get the bonuses.

Reactions:
Ahh, that explains it. Now the questions is whether this is hardcoded or not - and where exactly can I change this.

Hardcoded sadly.
I spoke one time in the Nova Imperium thread to have Pagans reforms like the Aztecs but sadly you need to be in special tech groops and thus can't build navies (which was the biggest problem and would be here the same)

i think i got an idea, but it may be too late. you could switch the imperium and the xenoi to one of the special tech group, and give them decisions to go to eastern and high american tech respectivley. im not sure this would work though

Hardcoded sadly.
I spoke one time in the Nova Imperium thread to have Pagans reforms like the Aztecs but sadly you need to be in special tech groops and thus can't build navies (which was the biggest problem and would be here the same)
Oh. That's unfortunate.

i think i got an idea, but it may be too late. you could switch the imperium and the xenoi to one of the special tech group, and give them decisions to go to eastern and high american tech respectivley. im not sure this would work though
Good idea, this should work :) Although it will surely take more time than editing few lines in save.

Ohh! More and more the empire becomes liken unto it's rivals and having ties that bind deeper in the mind than expected. This should be interesting.

Ohh! More and more the empire becomes liken unto it's rivals and having ties that bind deeper in the mind than expected. This should be interesting.
He who fights monsters... ;)

I found a better way than writing decisions and switich between tech groups - I'll just use triggered modifiers to give modifiers from reformed religions to Nahuatl. That's much easier and much more convenient considering that there is another expansion coming in 1-2 months and I'll probably have to change everything once again.

This means that I'm almost done with updating "Imperium Sine Fine" - in other words, the update is coming you guys! :) To make waiting for it a little easier, here's a sneak peak into some of the changes made by me to ISF concerning triggered modifiers:
Localization:
Code:
 isf_ai_handicap: "AI Handicap"
 desc_isf_ai_handicap: "AI definitely needs some help."
 isf_rennaissance: "Dark Rennaissance"
 desc_sf_rennaissance: "Gutenberg, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Machiavelli, More, Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler - all of them never born, forever swept away from the history by the horrors unleashed by Sunset Invasion."
Triggered modifiers:
Code:
###########################################
# Triggered modifiers for Imperium Sine Fine by czoklet
###########################################

#AI HANDICAP: -33% province warscore cost, -50% claim fabrication time, -75% unjustified demands, -25% envoy travel time, +50% AE
isf_ai_handicap = {
   potential = {
     ai = yes
   }
   trigger = {
     ai = yes
   }
   province_warscore_cost = -0.33
   fabricate_claims_time = -0.50
   unjustified_demands = -0.75
   envoy_travel_time = -0.25
   ae_impact = +0.5
}

# DARK RENNAISSANCE: +15% technology cost, +15% idea cost
isf_rennaissance = {
   potential = {
     capital_scope = { continent = europe }
     religion_group = christian
   }
   trigger = {
     capital_scope = { continent = europe }
     religion_group = christian
   }
     technology_cost = 0.15
     idea_cost = 0.15
}
Of course there are more changes but I'll talk about them all in a proper dev diary :)

Reactions:
Looking forward to the update.

Well, the Italians at least would have survived if they were under then glorious banner of the Imperium. Sort of a reverse Fall of Constantinople I guess.:cool:

Reactions:
"Gutenberg, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Machiavelli, More, Copernicus, Galileo, Kepler - all of them never born, forever swept away from the history by the horrors unleashed by Sunset Invasion."

That sounds... powerful. And scary. Where would be our world if it wasn't for these men?

But hey, I'm sure that maybe some were born in the Imperium, you know, the refugees. Of course, nobody expected the roman inquisition.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the update.
Well, the Italians at least would have survived if they were under then glorious banner of the Imperium. Sort of a reverse Fall of Constantinople I guess.:cool:
That sounds... powerful. And scary. Where would be our world if it wasn't for this men?
But hey, I'm sure that maybe some were born in the Imperium, you know, the refugees. Of course, nobody expected the roman inquisition.
In alternative history genre there is something called "point of divergence" - that is, the point in which the history became alternative to what really happened. The further into the past such POD lies, the bigger the changes are. It's easy to understand if you compare it to, say, your first school or city in which you lived as a kid - would your life be the same if you went to a different school or lived in a different city? The answer is obviously no, it would be completely different in many ways, some more subtle than others.

And when the POD is hundreds of years into the past (counting from current year 1500 A.D.) the changes have to be proportionally greater. Dozens of generations lived and died differently, millions of people who lived in our timeline were never born and events like Great Dying, Sunset Invasion and others occured which fundamentally altered the history. So nope, there is no chance that the unique combination of factors which allowed for instance Copernicus to do what he did in our timeline may arise in "Imperium Sine Fine". This is madness indeed ;)

Reactions:
More handicaps... While I have faith in your skills and the Imperium, this only further convinces me that we are going to need to Westernize our tech.