• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The teases... are too strong... please! I need moar!

Welcome to all newcomers, the madness will begin soon enough.
Czoklet would you be kind enough to update the houses, we know a bit more about them ? (and by the way I'd suggest a "banished or extincted" houses to show the previous players who quit the game, it's kind of sad to have them disappear like that :p )

Czoklet would you be kind enough to update the houses, we know a bit more about them ? (and by the way I'd suggest a "banished or extincted" houses to show the previous players who quit the game, it's kind of sad to have them disappear like that :p )
Definitely. I didn't add them to Album Senatorium yet because I was busy editing screenshots but I'll do this ASAP. And yeah, that's a good idea :)
So, this is the senate.... Impressive
Welcome! Please read the rules concerning the interactive AAR at least once, it'll help you get how everything works here and will spare your character some... unpleasant consequences ;)

Welcome to all newcomers, the madness will begin soon enough.

Welcome!!!

I like both ideas. It would be great to "remember" those who are no more with us

A welcome to the new ones. Welcome... TO THE ARENA!

The political, not the ones with the lions.

Although the one with the lions might be saver in the long term...

After a relatively slow January, things are moving up again.
WE'RE BACK ON TRACK BABY!

Also Czoklet, if you have any free time this month, could you continue updating Pro Fide please? I really enjoy the Polish history tidbits you add along with the story.

Definitely. I didn't add them to Album Senatorium yet because I was busy editing screenshots but I'll do this ASAP. And yeah, that's a good idea :)

Great !
I guess the Archives of the Pandadikterion would be the best place to have this category shown

I'm not posting this in Diarium Senatorum because I'm not yet officially posting this on the first page (I need to clean it up a little and I don't have time today) but in any case here they are - new Houses and their delegates to the Imperial Senate!

II. HOUSE PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
Name: House Pylaeus
Founded by: uknown in 4th century AD
History: Founded in the last decades of the decaying Western Empire little is known about the early days of the Pylaei today. At some point in time after the reconquest of Rome by Justinian the Great the family made the difficult decision of relocating to Greece so they could continue to live under the blessed rule of the Basileia tan Romaion. Finding a new home in Thessaly they managed to become the prefect of Larissa and thus had a leading impact on the thema of Thessaly.

Over time the House Pylaeus became patrons of knowledge and one of their most venerated goals was the preservation and acquisition of even more books, art and manuscripts concerning all aspects of life. This changed when Saint Markos himself, blessed be his name, decided to return Rome to the Romaioi and to unite Christianity under the banner of the one and only true Orthodox faith. Joining his army, Flavius Pylaeus (the head of the family at that time), took part in the reconquest of Rome. Since then, the house Pylaeus entertains a villa in the city to help with its restauration and trying to gain influence.

Today the family’s actions are centered on Konstantinoupolis, Rome and Thessaly. While the family returned to being administrators and patrons of wisdom after its rather brief military commitment, the recent enlargement of the Imperial Senate presented an interesting opportunity to the revered family: Despite not owning huge swaths of land and being nothing but regional leaders so far, the family wanted to send their youngest male to the Imperial Senate, giving a voice to the people under the protection of the Pylaei and to serve the Imperium even more devotedly in these dark and xenoi-plagued times to preserve what must never be lost.
Notable members:
- Flavius Pylaeus (1219-1285)
- Octavius Pylaeus (1430), Prefect of Larissa and pater familias
- Junius Pylaeus (1455), his firstborn
Representative in the Senate: Junius Pylaeus

II. HOUSE PYLAEUS (played by: ThetrueColt)
Name: Junius Pylaeus
Date of birth: 1455
Culture/nationality: Roman
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator
Biography: Being a son of the Pylaei, Junius was raised highly valuing knowledge and wisdom even in these times of hardship. The appointment as an Imperial Senator shows the trust towards him as well as the expectations not to bring about dishonour to the family. Junius will try his utmost not to disappoint despite his young age and relatively short time of service in the imperial tagmata.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XI. HOUSE DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
Name: House de Bretagne
Founded by: Gurthiern de Bretagne in 1123
History: Gurthiern de Bretagne was born a bastard to a poor Breton woman. The unrecognized son of a french nobleman he trained himself in the art of the sword and worked as a mercenary in the Breton Band for many years skirmishing all over the Mediterranean and teaching himself to read. While working as a soldier in France he saved the life of a french noble and was granted minor properties in his lands. His descendants ruled over their land enduring all who came to rule over the land of France until the day the xenoi invasion came and ousted them from their lands and sacrificed almost the entire family. The only survivor being a young boy and his mother who promptly fled to the Imperium swearing their eternal loyalty and vengeance upon those who had wronged them!
Notable members: Gurthiern de Bretagne, Alexandros de Bretagne
Representative in the Senate: Alexandros de Bretagne

XI. HOUSE DE BRETAGNE (played by: fastrike)
Name: Alexandros de Bretagne
Date of birth: January 1st, 1455
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator
Biography: Alexandros has always been a gifted child,despite being born into a small and poor house he refused to live in the same obscurity as his ancestors when they first came to the empire. Taking over his duties as head of the house de Bretagne at the age of thirteen he made many investments improving his families station. Thanks to his efforts his family has even been granted a position in the Imperial Senate! But he must be careful, being fairly young he still tends to make rash actions, and in a snakes den such as the senate, such things can get you killed.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XVII HOUSE PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
Name: House Psarakis
Founded by: Alexander Psarakis in the year 1066
History: House Psarakis derived from the Cretan aristoi - the common landowners focused mainly on such down-to-earth activities like cultivating the land and governing the island. Family managed to expand trade of the island, which eventually brought them large amount of money, as well as esteem. Psarakis Trade Company started to expand its financial imperium to other cities of the Mediterranean Sea, mainly with good effects. Despite considerable wealth, House never had any major influence outside Crete and adjacent islands. It had changed during numerous Empire wars, in which experienced Psarakis stratēgoi made the Cretan fleet a force to be reckoned with. The victories eventually led the few of a House members to Imperial Navy, where they ensured the Psarakis superiority on the Mediterranean Sea wouldn't be bothered.
Notable members:
Ioannes Psarakis - House patriarch, founder of the Psarakis trade empire, famous Cretan, islanders benefactor
Iason Psarakis - successul Cretan Fleet admiral, later promoted to Imperial Navy as droungarious, creator of the House influence in the Navy
Representative in the Senate: Nicodemos Psarakis

XVII HOUSE PSARAKIS (played by: ThrashEater)
Name: Nicodemos Psarakis
Date of birth: 24th July 1440
Culture/nationality: Greek
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator, archon of Crete
Biography: Nicodemos started his career as administrator of the native,
Cretan part of the House trade company. Nominated for the Archon of Crete he proved himself useful for the Empire, keeping the population loyal to the Emperor, as well as to the almighty Iesus Kristos. He promotes the Psarakis philosophy in Senate - interested in trade and exploration, he seeks to expand both the House and the Imperium spheres of influence to the foreign lands and to make possible alliances against enemies of the Christendom – xenoi. Follower of the naval supremacy doctrine, but he doesn't depreciate the role of Army.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XXIX. HOUSE VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
Name: House Vojimir
Founded by: Vojimir Vojimirovic, marshall of the thema of Rashka in 872 A.D.
History: The founder of the noble house of Vojimirovic, a man known simply as Vojimir, could trace his lineage for centuries to the Slavic tribes that had inhabited what is now known by Imperial scholars as Pomerania. The family eventually migrated southwards to the Balkan peninsula, and assimilated with the Serb tribes in that region. Vojimir, who upon being appointed as Marshall of the Duchy of Rashka in 872, immediately converted to the true and holy Orthodox Church and chose a noble name for his newly-formed dynasty: the Vojimirovic. After the invasion of Rashka by the Byzantine Empire, the Vojimirovici wandered the hills of Thrace, until they finally landed occupations as bankers in the Queen of Cities, Konstantinoupolis. The Vojimirovic family became increasingly Hellenized in the following decades, and eventually shortened their name to fit in with the more civilized Greek language. From then on they were simply known as the House Vojimir, or the Vojimiroi.

In the coming centuries, the Vojimiroi expanded their banking houses in the Queen of Cities, while simultaneously serving in the Imperial Army. Many Vojimiroi rose to become officers. Eventually, the family had their talents recognized by numerous aristoi serving the Great and Holy Saint-Basileus Markos I, and they were invited to court. One Vojimiroi patron by the name of Theofanis, was so skilled in the art of diplomacy and writing that he secured his family's stay in the Imperial Court and dramatically expanded their banking empire.. Theofanis served well but our lord Iesous Christos deemed that he would depart the world, and so Thefoanis never served for more than 5 years in the Holy Markos' court. The Vojimiroi continued serving as skilled diplomats and stewards in Sacred Palace, and now centuries later, in the year of our lord 1425, with the Xenoi on the Imperium's doorstep, the noble Markos Vojimir, was granted the title Doux of Dalmatia for his families centuries of service to the Imperium and the Basileis of old.
Notable members:
Theofanis Vojimir (1200-1249), respected courtier of the Sacred Palace during rule of Saint Markos, one of the first Hellenized Vojimir's
Markos Vojimir (1399-1465), aristos serving as a diplomat in the Sacred Palace , granted the title Doux of Dalmatia.
Representative in the Senate: Ioannes Vojimir

XXIX. HOUSE VOJIMIR (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
Name: Ioannes Vojimir
Date of birth: January 27, 1439
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator, doux of Dalamtia
Biography: Son of Markos Vojimir, the first doux of Dalmatia from the Vojimir dynasty. Ioannes' brother was a spy in the service of the Imperial Mystikos who was killed and sacrificed by Xenoi barbarians during a mission. He thirsts for vengeance, but like his father, is a practical man. Ioannes is fully literate and a very bright diplomat. When he was only 18, Ioannes proved himself as worthy in the eyes of his father by securing an important alliance with the powerful merchant families of Raguia. He allowed the merchants a degree of political autonomy, in exchange for a greater tariff payed to the Vojimir from the income of the wealthy ports of Ragusa. This added income, combined with the family's banking operations in Konstantinoupolis and the taxes payed by the subjects of Dalmatia, resulted in the Vojimirs become perhaps the wealthiest family on the Balkan peninsula.

After the death of his father Markos, Ioannes left his manse in Raguia and refurbished an ancient castle in the mountains of Dioclea overlooking the Mare Hadriaticum. This was to serve as the seat of the Vojimirs in Dalmatia. However, Ioannes soon left for the Queen of Cities to represent his family's interests in the Imperial Senate, and to meet with the administrators of the Basileus in order to reorganize the now obsolete Duchy of Dalmatia into the ancient province of Dalmatia. He has many friend within the walls of Konstantinoupolis, cousins running his family's extensive banking network. Now, Ioannes kneels before the Caesar Augustus in the Sacred Palace, as his ancestors did centuries ago.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XXX. HOUSE RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
Name: House Rashid
Founded by: Muhammad ibn Abdullah Rashid in 1070 AD
History: Rosetta is a city with a rich history, standing out as a jewel of a peaceful past in these dark times. Founded by the old Pharaoi of Egyptus, Rosetta served as a stepping stone for the great beast that was the Empire of old, sending grain to the hungry Italian cities. Rosetta now is one of the primary centers of trade in the Medditerannean, rivaled only by the heretics of Pisa. Despite the seemingly unending war of the Empire, the Mongols, and the Xenoi, nay, because of it, Rosetta has thrived, first under the rule of Timur, and now the Romanoi.

The Rashids have, for many years, controlled the tides of trade that course through the ancient city. They have maintained their hold over the city’s economy through questionable means, distributing bribes, honeyed words, and daggers patiently and carefully, paying lip service to their lords while scheming behind their backs.

The Fatimids recognized their importance to the Mediterranean trade, and kept their noses out of their business. However, with the Angeloi conquest, that all changed. The Emperors have restrained their trade, demanding large tithes and disrespecting the centuries-old agreement that had been in place. However, Markos III, blessed be his name, organized a backdoor deal with the head of the Rashids, giving them a place in the New Senate as well as direct control over Rosetta as Archons of the city in exchange for increased Imperial control over much of the trade, as well as use of the Rashid agents among the Timurid Khaganate. The Rashids, under the leadership of Malik ibn Akbar, have their finger over the pulse of Constantinople now-and they intend to use it. They will not just control the trade and ships of Egypt, but the whole Mediterranean!
Notable members:
Faisal ibn Jafar Rashid - a scholar who accompanied Marco Polo on his journey to Serica, eventually splitting off from the entourage on the way home. He spent the next thirty years writing of the East, telling of a great jungled peninsula known as “Hindustan” in the local tongue. He came back fantastically wealthy, but also insane, speaking of white elephants and Dragon Empires.
Representative in the Senate: Mahdi ibn Tarek Rashid

XXX. HOUSE RASHID (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
Name: Mahdi ibn Tarek Rashid
Date of birth: 16 March 1441
Culture/nationality: Coptic Egyptian
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator, archon of Rosetta
Biography: An ambitious businessman and a consumate professional, Mahdi is willing to do anything to ensure the continuing prosperity of Rosetta. He is interested in the politics of Europe outside of the Imperium, and is a proponent of diplomatic maneuvering to escape the Mongols and the Xenoi. Despite his beliefs in diplomacy, his first interest is in Rosetta, and will try to weigh all options carefully before making a decision. Mahdi has a deep, irrational enmity for Pisa, and will attempt to handicap the heretic merchants at any cost save Rosetta’s welfare. He is not aligned to any Demes, but he sympathizes with the spirit of trade and exploration that many of the Blues embrace.
[size=+1]***[/size]

And one representative of well-known House - sorry it took me so long, I had a tough January:

XIV. HOUSE COLUMBO (played by: luciusmalfoy012)
Name: Columbo
Date of birth: 28 December, 1451
Culture/nationality: Italo-Roman
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator, tourmarches of Alexandria
Biography: Christoforo arrives at the Senate in an unusual position. The Blues, denied by his father their destiny, clamor for action. The Reds weaken, and the call of the East beckons to even some Whites. Considering just this, Christoforo would be happy in his position. But his father's untimely arrest for blasphemy puts him in a delicate position. It would have been worse should he have been convicted, but Domenico, already old and frail, had a heart attack before his trial could begin. Already, some in the great city whisper that if the most conservative of the family can be arrested for blasphemy, what else can they be hiding? And indeed, Christoforo, like most of his family, holds secrets.

Christoforo comes into the Senate already hating the Whites for, in his mind, killing Domenico, and already with great prejudice against certain.. groups. Like many Senators, he wishes to explore the world, but unlike most, he has very, very specific reasons for doing so. It is up to Christoforo to restore his family's image..

Or ruin it forever.
[size=+1]***[/size]

In case I messed up something (I surely did), please let me know. Also as a reminder: please do not send me your submissions with new characters while your current Sentor is still alive. The Fourth Senate Session may as well be called after the incoming chapter OR after the chapter after this one, so don't be impatient please - you'll have time to submit your new Senators before it, I assure you :)

Ah new senators, more madnes for the senate, and I'm sure Christofo will be a fine upstanding Roman just like his father...oh wait.

And for all of your entertainment from my current CK2 playthrough using "When the World Stopped Making sense" (thank you Enlil the Pisan)
Managing to both succeed and fail in breeding traits at the same time
All Hail Prince Romanus the Inbred Genius!

Vn2VkHp.jpg

Truly the Madness is spreading from this AAR to the rest of my Paradox adventures

Well Columbos are gonna be stained for that action for generations ... such are the dangers of speech :p

Anyway we got quite some different characters although I would have preffered some more mad soldiers and priests but more merchants is good :D

Anyway we got quite some different characters although I would have preffered some more mad soldiers and priests but more merchants is good :D
I find it quite funny to see that after decades of having (almost) a majority in the Imperial Senate, the numerous Senators of the Blue Demes haven't yet manage to impose their ideas on the Senate, which was so far dominated either by the Reds or the Whites, despite they having c. 2 times less Senators than the Blues.

But hey, you can't really have an efficient bureaucracy or competent politicians in a grimdark setting, right? ;)

There are too many merchants and not enough bigots or bloodthirsty jingoists. This is Grimdark! Grimdark!

This is Grimdark! Grimdark!
o64Ds.jpg
Ah, much better... The worst part is that scene depicted here really happened during execution of Peter Stumpp, Werewolf of Bedburg, a (alleged) serial killer and cannibal in late 16th century in Reich.

There are too many merchants and not enough bigots or bloodthirsty jingoists. This is Grimdark! Grimdark!

I think that you'll find my merchant pretty bloodthirsty, His ancestor swore a blood oath to destroy the Xenoi just like Hannibal during the Punic wars against the Republic.

still wondering what part of the dev diary you meant would be great for your modding, you never said whether or not you were adding mayan or incan-style reforms to orthodox and that has me worried that you might be... worreid about how GLORIOUS THE ANGELOI WOULD BE, AS THEY ALWAYS ARE AND FOREVER WILL BE.

Merchants can be grimdark, we just need to go into very specific detail on the treatment of the natives in our colonies.

Perhaps we should look to Belgium for inspiration?

eGJFbiW.png

Merchants can be grimdark, we just need to go into very specific detail on the treatment of the natives in our colonies.

Perhaps we should look to Belgium for inspiration?

eGJFbiW.png

Hands up for that one ! :p